Request Japanese translations here!

stay up to date on what's going on
NKI

Request Japanese translations here!

Post by NKI »

Because most (maybe all?) translation software is so bad it's practically useless, this thread is for any Japanese->English or English->Japanese translation requests. I promise I can provide a better translation than babelfish or Google Language Tools or whatever you may currently be using.

(But please don't make obscene requests, like "Translate joo's MvC2 site!!" Try to keep it under a few paragraphs.)

If you don't believe me how amazingly horribly awful translation software is, peep this:
おっす。元気? = Hey, how are you?
A very simple, very common Japanese sentence. Yet most translation software will translate it as: "The [tsu] it does. Vigor?"
:?
Maj

Post by Maj »

NKI is the people's champion forevar!

I've got nothing that needs translating just yet, but i posted on Tosaka's BBS so hopefully he'll respond soon. At first i got an error message that said you can't post on the forum unless the post contains Japanese text, so i ran a "thank you" through an online translator and tacked that onto the end. Ninja status!

... unless i get IP banned from his BBS. That certainly wouldn't qualify as ninja status.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Holy moly, Tosaka said that the multiple Sonic Booms is a legit glitch in the Saturn version of SSF2, and in the near future, he hopes to release a video showing it. Nice!! I'm so glad I was wrong about that one!

Unfortunately he didn't know how to contact Sai-Rec.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Translate the whole Meikyousisui...^_^

Thanks for doing this. Maybe I'll ask something about how to make my Japanese sound as bad as joo's english does in videos. Limit Break! <3!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sweet, looking forward to that video. Too bad nobody knows how to contact Sai-Rec. I've asked just about everyone i know.

How do you write "Cool, thanks." in Japanese?
NKI

Post by NKI »

Majestros wrote:How do you write "Cool, thanks." in Japanese?
あ、そうですか。ありがとうございます。
Maj

Post by Maj »

That's a lot of uh ... letters ... or whatever. The reason i asked was cuz chances are that running "cool, thanks" through an online translator would give me the Japanese phrase for "did you get a new air conditioner?"

I'll go post that on Tosaka's board. Thanks, NKI!
NKI

Post by NKI »

Wow, just out of curiosity, I ran "cool, thanks" through babelfish, and I got の感謝涼しい which is complete and utter nonsense. If I had to try to translate that into English, it'd be something like:
's appreciation cold
or
appreciation cold of the
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Is the p-pad in good condition/new?

http://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/92444191

Also, I suppose anyone in this place could get program pads through preppy/masato

other info

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=109169

Thanks

Edit Zach has 2 extra ones... So send him an email if you want one ( zachd@microsoft.com )
BB Hood

Post by BB Hood »

How much are they usually? The pads I mean.

Do I get a discount if I get two?
+++++++=
+++++++
***+*
***+
Maj

Post by Maj »

Actually i emailed Preppy about it yesterday and he said he doesn't have any extra pads. He said "I just have two more 4x memory expansion cards. I don't have any pads that I'm aware of. =)"
NKI

Post by NKI »

Magnetro wrote:Is the p-pad in good condition/new?

It's brand new, but that auction has ended. :(

Sorry, ordinarily I'd get back to you faster, but I had been in Chiang Mai since Thursday, and I didn't have internet access.
desk

Post by desk »

frstly does this make sense? straight forward but I want to make sure it's the correct kanji and order.
無 敵 まこと
muteki makoto

Also, and if this isn't the right place I apologise, does anyone know how to make premiere/after effects display kana/kanji in the txt editor? I've tried copying and pasting but all I get are question marks.

Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

desk wrote: Also, and if this isn't the right place I apologise, does anyone know how to make premiere/after effects display kana/kanji in the txt editor? I've tried copying and pasting but all I get are question marks.

I don't really know for sure but my two guesses are that you can't display Japanese on your PC (which I think you can) and the 2nd one is that the font you're using in Premiere doesn't support Japanese characters...

I tried, lol
BB Hood

Post by BB Hood »

Is the p-pad in good condition/new?

+++++++=
+++++++
***+*
***+
NKI

Post by NKI »

desk wrote:frstly does this make sense? straight forward but I want to make sure it's the correct kanji and order.
無 敵 まこと
muteki makoto
Are you trying to say "invincible Makoto"...?

If so, that would be 無敵なまこと
Also, and if this isn't the right place I apologise, does anyone know how to make premiere/after effects display kana/kanji in the txt editor? I've tried copying and pasting but all I get are question marks.
I ran into this problem too, and I just ended up using Photoshop to create an image file, the importing it into my Premiere project.
BB Hood wrote:Is the p-pad in good condition/new?

It's brand new.
desk

Post by desk »

Thanks NKI.

I thought about importing suff in jpeg format or whatever into after effects but there are specific txt effects I want to use. I'm sure there's a way to do it. I'm going to have to do some more research. I even have kanji fonts installed but all they do is change regular letter's for a specific kanji so they're not too useful :(
BB Hood

Post by BB Hood »

Thank you NKI! :D
+++++++=
+++++++
***+*
***+
desk

Post by desk »

NKI, when you say you created an image file. How did you do it? I can't figure out how to do the txt thing so I just want the japanese in there in one form or another and I have no idea how.

thanks
NKI

Post by NKI »

I just used Photoshop, created a new file with the same dimensions as the video (384x240 in my case), used the text tool to write my Japanese text, saved it as a PSD file, then imported into my Premiere project.
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

Haha, that's how I make sub(super)titles in english. I'm ghetto and whatnot.

N
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
desk

Post by desk »

When I try to write the japanese (even in photoshop) I just get question marks. How do you type kanji?
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

In windows? Because what you have to do is first install your eastern asian language pack. Then you need to setup a keyboard (virtual keyboard) and then you can switch between then using what ever switch key you setup. Also because there is so much kanji, you need to know the correct character codes to get what you wanted to say.
NKI

Post by NKI »

When you copy and paste Japanese text, it just comes up as question marks?

If you're using an old version of Photoshop, it may not even support non-ASCII characters.

If you're using a newer version, make sure you have the East Asian Language Pack installed, like Ross said.

From the control panel, go to "Regional and Language Settings".
Click on the "Languages" tab.
Make sure "Install files for East Asian languages" is checked.
If it wasn't, check that box and click "Apply".
If you want to be able to type Japanese, click on "Details..."
Click on "Add", then find "Japanese" and add that.

Now you can use the language bar to switch languages. After switching to Japanese, make sure you select your input mode (katakana, hiragana, etc), and just type the romanized pronunciation of the Japanese words. So if you wanted to type the kanji for Meikyousisui, you'd just type "meikyousisui", then press space and you'll get 明鏡止水.
desk

Post by desk »

whoa i didn't know about any of that. A virtual keyboard makes perfect sense. I think my photo shop is quite old. I can display stuff fine in windows and in txt documents though.

thanks a lot for the help, hopefully I'll get that sorted out this evening.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Curious about what was said about preppy

そういえば対戦のほうはファイル消えてましたねw
prrepyのサイトでダウンロードしてください
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

Please download (something) from Preppy's site.

N - Japanegro at large.
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Perhaps the rest of the post might help lol

I think he meant the video he made

http://www.filebank.co.jp/guest/joo0916/mvss

pw:mvss

Mストのコンボムービー作りました。
チュンリーとメカゴウキがいい感じ。ベノムもおまけでつけました。
パトカーがあればもうチョイいろいろ触るんですけどね。
解説つけないとわかりにくそうな部分があるのでまた今度日記にでも書きます。

なんか音とびが直らなくて苦戦。
今までこんなこと起きなかったのに。OS変えたからかなぁ。そんなわけないしな。

darn someone posted something for me to see... I totally missed it

samura-i busido- hahahahaha
英語書けたらmagnetro氏にもお返事出来るんですけどね。
頭悪いので出来ませぬ。勉強不足かと。
動画保存とかしてくれると楽で助かるんだけどなぁw

で、あんまり関係ない、いやあるけど、3本先取前のウメダル暴力野試合をupしました。
↓のファイルバンクからDL出来ます。おなかいっぱいじゃない人はどうぞ。

>クリンスマン氏
誠に申し訳ございません。華麗にレス忘れておりました(*゚∀゚)アヒャー!!!
そんなワケで、お詫びに貴方様の痴態を動画としてupさせていただきました。
野試合の1つ目かな。面白いですよ。えへへへhehehehe。
Maj

Post by Maj »

NKI: You talk with ozy fairly regularly right? Would you mind asking him if he has any way of reaching Sai-Rec? Thanks in advance.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Magnetro wrote:Curious about what was said about preppy

そういえば対戦のほうはファイル消えてましたねw
prrepyのサイトでダウンロードしてください
That reminds me, I ended up deleting the match vids, so please download them from Preppy's site.

(The rest of that post had nothing to do with Preppy.)
samura-i busido- hahahahaha
英語書けたらmagnetro氏にもお返事出来るんですけどね。
頭悪いので出来ませぬ。勉強不足かと。
If I could write English, I'd be able to reply to Magnetro, but I'm not very smart, so I can't. Haven't studied enough...
Majestros wrote:NKI: You talk with ozy fairly regularly right? Would you mind asking him if he has any way of reaching Sai-Rec? Thanks in advance.
E-mail sent. I'll let you know when I hear back from him, but sometimes he can take a while...