Majestic Screenshot Gallery

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Re: Majestic Screenshot Gallery

Post by Maj »

5 to 7 seems good to me. I'd prefer at least 5, but i'm totally fine with 5.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Damn, i was supposed to post those yesterday huh? Well, since we have nothing else on the waiting list, i guess it can wait until next Monday.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Now we're caught up.

onReload: http://combovid.com/?p=1823

error1: http://combovid.com/?p=2651
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

Juggy wants the entire screen to himself
Where er'body at?
Image Image
Cammy defies gravity
Sit on yo face
Maj wrote:Cyclops is the biggest overactor ever to appear in a Capcom game.
The first is MSF Cyclops' Mega Optic Blast opposite Cyclops' Super Optic Blast - both are startup frames which depict him expending an absurd amount of effort to open a tiny little visor. How much exertion does that actually require? In fact all Cyclops ever has to do is push a little button to open his visor, then look directly at stuff that needs to be shot. Yet somehow he always tries to pose like he's pulling off the most intense martial arts maneuvers ever.
real amount of kinetic cards = 7
cylops knows muay thai?
WATCH ROGUE'S HEAD!!!
I got ya baby
Find norimano
Superman uses a phonebooth, spiderman uses a "ball of light"?
ImageImage
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Could some one with PC AE give me these two print-screens?

1: Yang vs Dan (prefferably in Alt costume 1), both color 1, both with U1 and full bars, on training stage, at spawning positions?
2: Enter someones trial 13 and give me a snapshot of those characters the same positions. preferrably a Yang-sized character, as it might affect the camera.

Gonna make a concept image for my text-trial guide video.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Perfect, thanks a bunch!

his1nightmare

Post by his1nightmare »

My contribution:

Crossfire:

My beloved Akuma:

A heart for 3S:

Falcon Kick:

In your face:

D:

dat hitbox:

dat hitboox:

stretch'd:

stretchingspree:

c.LK=god counter-poke:

s.HK=god ...whatever:

This was taken in the old, regular SF4, where Ken's SRKs didn't have i-frames and Cammy's Cannon Spike beat absolutely everything when used as a reversal... Ken most likely really ducked under:
error1

Post by error1 »

ken hp shoryu had four frames of invincibility in vanilla and only 3 frames startup, that's actually better then cannon spike with 5 frames of invincibility and five frames startup
his1nightmare

Post by his1nightmare »

I'm incredibly bad informed it seems.

Thanks for the information error1.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Kinda random, but i've been messing around with some PC stuff on my laptop and i still can't get anti-aliasing to work. I thought it might've been due to SF4 being buff - but i tried Torchlight which is supposed to be relatively light on the graphics end, and anti-aliasing is still the only unavailable option.

Also, i read a comment somewhere that if you have high enough resolution, anti-aliasing doesn't matter. Is that true? How does that work?

Sorry, i'm still a total scrub when it comes to PC gaming.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote: Also, i read a comment somewhere that if you have high enough resolution, anti-aliasing doesn't matter. Is that true? How does that work?
Anti-aliasing is - more or less - something that compensates for the fact that systems don't have infinite resolution.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing
Raine

Post by Raine »

You can usually force AA outside of programs by using the control centre programs that ATI and Nvida use with their cards. I'm not sure what hardware you have in the laptop so those might not be available to you. I've also heard of people using something called D3DOverrider, but I'm not familiar with it at all.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Rufus wrote:Anti-aliasing is - more or less - something that compensates for the fact that systems don't have infinite resolution.
Cool, thanks. That sentence alone explains a lot.

Remxi wrote:I'm not sure what hardware you have in the laptop so those might not be available to you.
I've looked around for that stuff before, but yeah, i couldn't find anything like that. Guess i'll push everything as high it'll go and take whatever i can get.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Maj wrote:Also, i read a comment somewhere that if you have high enough resolution, anti-aliasing doesn't matter. Is that true? How does that work?
I know that with emulated games like on PCSX2 (PS2 emulator), if you double the internal resolution, it's the same as having anti-aliasing, and the more you increase the internal resolution, the more AA you have, it's just really demanding on the CPU. So like, external resolution is your screen resolution and whether the image displayed is being stretched out to fit that or matches it natively, but I guess internal resolution is how it's rendered "virtually," before it starts showing stuff on each pixel you have available.

This is what I picked up from this thread anyway http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread. ... 14&page=62 I probably don't understand it all that well. But looking at a game like FFXII, I seriously think that game shouldn't have ever come to a console that displays 480p maximum, it probably should've been saved up for PS3 and 360 minimum, because you can't really see anything until you start increasing the internal resolution a lot. Also I really can't wait for these graphical upgrades + pcsx2-rr to become available, that will be awesome.
wolverine-master

SHUMA is surprised by wolvie's new colorImage

Can anyone tell me whats wrong with this picture?Image
error1

Post by error1 »

idk sfa chun?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

lots of Typos/mistranslations :D
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

WAHL WIND!

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Here's a group of screenshots from both my SSF4:AE and Smileymike's video clips I've collected (The links show them in full):

Here's Ibuki's Block Spark Glitch :http://i.imgur.com/CfJP4.jpg

After activating Genei Jin using dhalsim's Taunt 3, which makes the opponent go to the opposite side, Yun faces the wrong side while Dhalsim loses his head: http://i.imgur.com/hg187.jpg

This is Cody's Post KO Ultra 1 Glitch. You can see the Dizzy clouds and Knife used to both Un-dizzy and KO Dhalsim in the back: http://i.imgur.com/Pr2eZ.jpg

Bison't Teleport Kara-Super (Or whatever it's called): http://i.imgur.com/BZLIU.jpg

This is Juri's Super versus the invincible frames of Chun Li's U2 before both moves become active (Juri's fireballs cause the purple shade all around the picture): http://i.imgur.com/SAgDp.jpg

This is few frames before the darkness from Chun's U2 goes away. Juri's doing her super, so the impact of the trading fireballs makes the radius of the clip look intense: http://i.imgur.com/OSTzH.jpg
Making no profit since 1987...
Maj

Post by Maj »

I like the last one a lot. It looks awesome even with the Training Mode background. (In fact it might look better without extra colors back there.)

If you can come up with 5-7 like that, i'm down to make it a ComboVid guest screenshot gallery for them. But the first couple look kinda grimy since they're video rips instead of direct snapshots, plus those scenes aren't as cool in screenshot form as they were in motion.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Ahh, I'll see about getting some more. Just for laughs...

During 1 out of the 5 times I tried Error's Fei Ultra freeze hack Against Seth, Seth began to move the way Fei does in neutral stance. So I think I captured it quite nicely. :)
Making no profit since 1987...
Battousai

Post by Battousai »

Wolverine Conga Line!

Screen full of stuff

Psylocke doesn't stop taunting until you move her, so she stays afloat after Spiral's switch

You can teleport above her then switch again to get her to the top of the screen (she can go higher than this, but all you'd see is her feet)
Maj

Post by Maj »

These are dope! Especially the first one. If you grab like 3-4 more, i can make a guest screenshot post on ComboVid.
Battousai

Post by Battousai »

Sweet, thanks! Here are a few more, pick your favs.

Lots of ice

Iceman was here? No, Icesword/shadows hit Storm after a Hailstorm block hit Sam, freezing them both.

Juggs animation in Col's tornado throw actually looks like Jugg is performing an upside down SPD

Completely inappropriate

Akuma's counter-DP is a throw type move, displaying that as it grabs Psylocke and her shadows disappear (which happens in grabs, but doesn't happen when she's hit. Psylocke can change Ninjitsu position while hitting, blocking, or being hit, but after she's thrown she can't)

Inappropriate

Attacks that change a character's colors can stay, even when they're hit by other stuff. DP lit her on fire, and the comboed throw was at a point where she as still in the color shift. Also demonstrates that throws cycle the background of Cyclops' stage
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Battousai wrote: Completely inappropriate
OMG hahaha, really awesome screenshots Batt, love them.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
onReload

Post by onReload »

Hahaha I love the risque shots as they always seem to be so plentiful in fighting games - I have my fair share (think I posted Dan's colonoscopy on here somewhere)

But in seriousness, I really like the Akuma counter one, as well as the multi-Psylocke on Spiral...it looks like each of Spiral's arms wants a Psylocke!
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Can I make that collosus/psylocke picture my avatar at neogaf? :)
Battousai

Post by Battousai »

Sure :D

One more I remembered overnight:

Normally characters lose fly on KO, but if you time it to kill hit xx Fly and manage to get it to register, you can do your winpose in midair, and you'll keep fly at the start of the next round. Flying Sent gets some of his yellow jet/energy colors changed, and that carries over to his winpose too.
edit, more obviously out of place
Last edited by Battousai on Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wolverine-master

Lol @ battousai capturing inappropriate pictures. Not gonna lie though, I got a few but not like that colossus pic...lmfao.

INAPPROPRIATE?

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

Image Image

PICS I THINK ARE COOL
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image