"Skipping the basics" - A SSFIV AE Combo Video

video previews, releases, and feedback
Doopliss

"Skipping the basics" - A SSFIV AE Combo Video

Post by Doopliss »

I guess I can do a new thread about it as well. Any questions about the combos in the CV goes here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIR89LO1Ke4

The Sakura combo was interesting btw. I had to do a deeper jump-in to make Rufus bend over instead of reeling back, or the Hadoken wouldn't combo.
Last edited by Doopliss on Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Pokey86

Re: SSF4:AE Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIR89LO1Ke4

There it is.
- Hahahahahhahaah, that Dudley combo is fucking beautiful

- Close MP links to Shaku, well i'll be damned, maybe that means you can do some random elaborate combo to FADC to MP -> EX Shaku -> EX Stomp

- I was tring to do that very same Yang combo for ages. (the one with multiple up kicks)

- Loved the final Ryu combo.

Many other combos were great, Sakura's, the Yang Supers, the multi-hadou combos with E.Ryu, Oni & Dan.

Great Video
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Thanks. I think I tried EX shaku to EX stomp earlier, and it didn't work. Anyways, EX Tatsu is always a better option than EX Shaku from what I can tell. Faster, more damage, easier to juggle after etc.
Last edited by Doopliss on Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:Thanks. I think I tried EX shaku to EX stomp earlier, and it didn't work. Anyways, EX Tatsu is always a better option than EX Shaku from what I can tell. Faster, more damage, easier to juggle after etc.

(Maj, could you move these posts to the thread I made for the CV? Or, if you'd prefer it, just delete that thread and we'll keep discussing here).

EX Shaku to EX Stomp does work. (Worked on Makoto after a lengthy post combo anyway, ending with MP -> EX Shaku -> EX Stomp

Oni's MK Overhead Smash is JP2, which would explain the reduced damage. if you hit his EX Cross-slash as counterhit you can do LP SRK -> MK Overhead slam

I also think Oni's first hit of Tatsu is JP1
Snoooootch

Re: "Skipping the basics" - A Super Street Fighter IV Arcade

Post by Snoooootch »

Yeah, I can't believe I never thought of an Air ex tatsu combo for sakura. lol, great job on it, doop!
Making no profit since 1987...
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Si, no puedo creer que nunca pensé en un es tatsu aéreo para un combo con sakura. jaja, trabajo grandioso, Doop!
Last edited by Snoooootch on Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Which tatsu?

I guess I tried EX tatsu to EX Stomp. Dunno, but whatever I tried didn't work.

Another combo that bothered me, because I was so close to do it, was: "CH c.HP, HP Shakunetsu xx Raging Demon, U1". On Dhalsim doing s.MK, at max possible range, I managed to juggle with EX SRK after the shaku, but of course, that would be a 5-bar combo, and it seems that none of his legit options are fast enough to work. Maybe if I got a CH close s.MP at a decent distance somehow I could get it to work...

Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I didn't get it to work at first, but then I remembered: When in doubt, pick Rufus.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

lol, same here, except my go to dummy is dhalsim. Slow Falls make for easier follow up juggles. :)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Snoooootch wrote:lol, same here, except my go to dummy is dhalsim. Slow Falls make for easier follow up juggles. :)
Thing is, Rufus' juggled hitbox is so high, that he gets hit by a lot of stuff no one else does. I think Dudley is a decent juggle dummy too.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yeah, sadly, fei and Rufus do not mix, for fei needs a LOW hitbox, thus Sim. I may try rufus for some future Ken combo ides I have. :)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Rufus+air EX tatsu = <3

Snoooootch

Re: "Skipping the basics" - A SSFIV AE Combo Video

Post by Snoooootch »

Yes! I'm working on a combo where I go from one corner to another with the far flying version of Ken's air ex tatsu and Rufus sounds perfect for it. Oh, it's also a cross up DP at the end. :P
Maj

Post by Maj »

Doopliss wrote:(Maj, could you move these posts to the thread I made for the CV? Or, if you'd prefer it, just delete that thread and we'll keep discussing here).
No problem, cleaned it all up - except for Snoooootch's double post, because i don't like deleting posts. I'll leave it up to him to deal with that. Maybe he can translate the second one into another language or something? Or leave it like it is; doesn't bother me.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

Gooooo Dudley...lol.
kinda makes me wanna get this game now.
good job doopliss.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

I dont mean to be rude or anything, but ive seen vids and all but those 2 hitters (sometimes 3 hitters) they look easy (t hawk for example), or they hard to do?

Also, I know in KoF world its a no no to use infinite bars (even tho the combo maker follows gauge limits). I kinda find it hard to how much is being used during combo. This isnt just at your vid it pretty much all the sf4 vids ive seen and not sure why ppl do it. I guess it too much of a hassle to reset if you stuff up?

Then again, I dont play sf4 so i guess it figures but i dont mind looking at combo vids.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Also, I know in KoF world its a no no to use infinite bars (even tho the combo maker follows gauge limits). I kinda find it hard to how much is being used during combo. This isnt just at your vid it pretty much all the sf4 vids ive seen and not sure why ppl do it. I guess it too much of a hassle to reset if you stuff up?

Then again, I dont play sf4 so i guess it figures but i dont mind looking at combo vids.
I actually think the same thing when I watch vids for KoF XIII, the bar is on Max, there's not even a regen option in training mode...I think we're just not as used to seeing another game's meter limits (I can easily track how many bars Doopliss burns with each combo, but sometimes I have to rewatch KoFXIII combos to count the EX moves, supers, neomax, etc)
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:I dont mean to be rude or anything, but ive seen vids and all but those 2 hitters (sometimes 3 hitters) they look easy (t hawk for example), or they hard to do?
I think some of it is just to demo a new combo that wasn't in super, and hasn't been in any videos yet. Some of it does look a bit easy, but it's pretty much all new so it's a great video.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Frankly, how hard something is to do is irrelevant imo. If it's cool and I haven't seen it, I'll put it in there. EX palm to U2 with Yun for example. Very easy to do.

To refill your super gauge without using infinite meter in SFIV, you have to pause, change to infinite, unpause, wait for it to fill up, pause, change back to normal, unpause. Then do that after every attempt.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Yeah, SSFIV's "Refill" gauge is set up in a really stupid way, it should only refill after the combo has ended. & shouldn't refill if you say, dizzy the opponent.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Fixed!

lol

So I was playing with Oni. His jmp hk, st. hp, to ex hado, fadc U2 with a counter hit set for the first hit does a total of 611 damage. Pretty sick. :)
onReload

Post by onReload »

Pokey86 wrote:Yeah, SSFIV's "Refill" gauge is set up in a really stupid way, it should only refill after the combo has ended. & shouldn't refill if you say, dizzy the opponent.
Eh, I think they should just have a setting where the meters are maxed, and then you can hit a button to reset characters/meter...something quick like mvc3's training, which even lets you go to either corner if you hold a button, not SF4's stupid "FIGHT!" intro that resets to center... it's training mode, dammit, why do i need the announcer's blessing?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

^All true. It's what I think about every time I go to training mode. EVERY TIME. That and I wish the announcer would just shit up in training mode. Or at lease sound like a sexy Salma Hayek. You know. . . spanish accent and angry like in almost all of her movies. lolol, jk. a little.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Doopliss wrote:To refill your super gauge without using infinite meter in SFIV, you have to pause, change to infinite, unpause, wait for it to fill up, pause, change back to normal, unpause. Then do that after every attempt.
You can save 0.01 seconds by switching between Infinite and Max Start instead of going all the way over to Normal. Anyway i think using Refill is fine for combovids. Using Infinite is annoying though.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Nice work, a really solid vid. The choice of music and minimal editing works really well. The combos were all interesting, not a boring one amongst them. Standouts for me were the Dudley 6x Dash Straight, Yang rose trade, Sakura (lots of cool little details in this one), Yang coast to coast jabs, E.Ryu axe kick trade, Yang @ 5:15 (just for the taunt xx focus, I love that kinda random style stuff haha), Yun GJ midscreen crossup loop (esp the finisher into full hits U2). Thanks for a great vid. :)

btw can anyone tell me what english Yun is saying during his U2? This was the first time I'd heard his dub but it sounds pretty cool.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Doopliss wrote:Frankly, how hard something is to do is irrelevant imo. If it's cool and I haven't seen it, I'll put it in there. EX palm to U2 with Yun for example. Very easy to do.

To refill your super gauge without using infinite meter in SFIV, you have to pause, change to infinite, unpause, wait for it to fill up, pause, change back to normal, unpause. Then do that after every attempt.
I wasnt taking a poke at the "easy" combos, was just asking to why it was in there and since its on its 3rd version, i guess new changes can recreate combos. I didn't think of it at the time of post.
CPS2 wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:I dont mean to be rude or anything, but ive seen vids and all but those 2 hitters (sometimes 3 hitters) they look easy (t hawk for example), or they hard to do?
I think some of it is just to demo a new combo that wasn't in super, and hasn't been in any videos yet. Some of it does look a bit easy, but it's pretty much all new so it's a great video.
Ok makes sense i guess...
onReload wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:

I actually think the same thing when I watch vids for KoF XIII, the bar is on Max, there's not even a regen option in training mode...I think we're just not as used to seeing another game's meter limits (I can easily track how many bars Doopliss burns with each combo, but sometimes I have to rewatch KoFXIII combos to count the EX moves, supers, neomax, etc)
If you are referring to that Dont drop that combo tut vids, then agree....I dont even know and get lost viewing them and its not a proper tut if you have infinite bars (besides HD bar depleting). Im going to make my own character tuts when console is out so ill def make better ones then these (just like my current 2k2um stuff, which doesnt consist of infinite bar and I have to manually restock it after every attempt).
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
Doopliss wrote:Frankly, how hard something is to do is irrelevant imo. If it's cool and I haven't seen it, I'll put it in there. EX palm to U2 with Yun for example. Very easy to do.

I wasnt taking a poke at the "easy" combos, was just asking to why it was in there and since its on its 3rd version, i guess new changes can recreate combos. I didn't think of it at the time of post.
I see. But yeah, all of the combos are AE only, except maybe DeeJay's combo, but I wasn't able to make that one work earlier.

Raging Hawk

Post by Raging Hawk »

Good Shit Doopliss, Good Shit! 8)

I really enjoyed it, and your video has alot of highlights like the Dudley one with 6 Dash Straights, for example. :)

Btw, why didn't you post a link with the Original HQ Version of the Video!?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Raging Hawk wrote:Btw, why didn't you post a link with the Original HQ Version of the Video!?
Huh?

onReload

Post by onReload »

he wants the pre-youtube-compressed version of the video, like the avi or mkv or whatever. i would also like that! :D