XvSF Throw Combo Exploration

talk about how great training mode is
Toxy

XvSF Throw Combo Exploration

Post by Toxy »

In XvSF when you throw its meant to reset Flying Screen, but sometimes (very, very rarely) you can throw the opponent but Flying Screen is still set, has anyone came across this befor apart from me?
NKI

Post by NKI »

Never even heard of it.

Do you remember the specific situation? (Which characters, which throw, etc.)
Toxy

Re: Weird XvSF thing...

Post by Toxy »

Nah i dont remember the situations, was a long time ago when making my xvsf combos that i would notice it happen at times.

If i ever make xvsf combos again ill remember to take notice of what situation/characters it was.
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

I was having a talk with Prozac and he mentioned a fullscreen kinetic card infinite using Y-Boost.
How it works:
Do a h.kinetic card, then jump. The character pops up right as you leave the ground.
Buuuuuut, if you do a h.kinetic card, then do a tigerknee h.kinetic right before the explosion from the previous card, gambit will trick the opponent to go into Y-Boost without him leaving the floor.
Gambit Infinite Concept compressed using peazip
I can only get 5 reps....can someone shed some light over here please?
error1

Post by error1 »

I tried it
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NKB5VDLX
not much light to shed, the timing is super tight
you need to yboost with a super jump, not a regular jump, beacuse the regular jump causes the opponent to fly up too high
a late as possible super jump with a maximum delayed hp card does it every time, but beacuse it's a 1 frame thing it won't always work with turbo on
vs jugs you can do a regular jump canceled into a lp up card
wolverine-master

ahhhhhhh, you a sexy man error1....thanks for that.
did you know about this before?
maximum delayed hp card, whats that?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Wow, izumonjinx's new xvsf video...has some of this i think?
wolverine-master

it does? lemme go check.
Wtf? I cant help but laugh. Who da fuck is this guy?
I really gotta step my game up man. This guy is shutting down my business....lol.
error1

Post by error1 »

wolverine-master wrote:ahhhhhhh, you a sexy man error1....thanks for that.
did you know about this before?
maximum delayed hp card, whats that?
no hadn't heard of it before, just did it based on your description
by maximum delayed hp card, I just meant do the h.kinetic on the last possible frame
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Comboing into throws in xmvsf, is it possible to skip the frames where you're able to land these if playing on turbo? Are they basically 1 frame windows? edit: ah i managed to get it to a 2 frame window with turbo on so that's a bit easier than i expected. edit 2: ok i'm now pretty sure turbo can lose the frames that let you ground throw mid combo...
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's a one-frame window to combo throws as far as i know, and it's very possible to skip over them under Turbo speed. Counting frames on Turbo speed is also inconsistent, because what seems like a 2-frame window might be a 1-frame window that got delayed for whatever reason.
wolverine-master

Maj wrote:It's a one-frame window to combo throws as far as i know, and it's very possible to skip over them under Turbo speed. Counting frames on Turbo speed is also inconsistent, because what seems like a 2-frame window might be a 1-frame window that got delayed for whatever reason.
He's right. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.
There's a cammy combo i recently recorded that took me 30mins to capture because of a combo'd throw.
Should i do my combos on normal instead of turbo 2?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

LOL that's frustrating as hell. Ah well. I guess it's better to actually know than not know, I just read jchensor's combo guide and it sounds like he put a lot of time into testing out 2x throw combos with stuff like one air throw and one ground throw, before having frame mame and all that. Really awesome guide btw.

What's confusing me tho, I had a pretty basic setup that was giving me a 2 frame window, and this was from a save state after the last hit in the combo, so literally the next thing I was doing was the air throw, but then trying to do the setup again during another combo on another character, I couldn't get it to work at all.

Also I think it looks better on turbo, and that's the speed people play at and are used to seeing. I'm tempted to record some stuff at the slowest speed tho just to have it done, and then maybe come back to it later on turbo.
wolverine-master

Thats why i deal with the headache. But after that cammy combo i aint doing no more combo'd throws.
Maj

Re: XvSF Throw Combo Exploration

Post by Maj »

Started writing a response but it turned into a really long post on different game so i made a new thread instead.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

In this combo from about 28 seconds onwards all I was trying to do was land another throw, I thought cr.HP, sj.LP>sj.LK>sj.up+MK into throw was an easy way to do it, and then again when I'm doing the flying screen combos, every hit was tested on every frame it'd let me keep the combo going, then combo'd into hopkick and throw attempts made on every frame after that. I ended up not landing another throw, I'm just wondering if there's a limitation I've overlooked? Or probably just a timing/frameskip thing?
wolverine-master

CPS2 wrote:In this combo from about 28 seconds onwards all I was trying to do was land another throw, I thought cr.HP, sj.LP>sj.LK>sj.up+MK into throw was an easy way to do it, and then again when I'm doing the flying screen combos, every hit was tested on every frame it'd let me keep the combo going, then combo'd into hopkick and throw attempts made on every frame after that. I ended up not landing another throw, I'm just wondering if there's a limitation I've overlooked? Or probably just a timing/frameskip thing?
lol @ AERIAL RAVE.
your limits were on point.
2 throws per combo until dizzy. after that you get 2 more.
just in case you didnt know, you cant combo a throw on the way down.
and throws are usually around the amount of frames it takes to link the move you're trying to throw out of.
error1

Post by error1 »

if it was a frame skip issue then you should be able to delay the last hit before the throw by a frame to get it to work
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

error1 wrote:if it was a frame skip issue then you should be able to delay the last hit before the throw by a frame to get it to work
that's what I thought, hm maybe it was to do with gief's hitboxes or something. I haven't been playing that long, I'm sure I'll figure out more stuff, vs ryu it seemed much easier.
wolverine-master wrote:just in case you didnt know, you cant combo a throw on the way down.
ah thanks I didn't know that =]
error1

Post by error1 »

you can use dammit's hitbox script to see if your in throw range
wolverine-master

CPS2 wrote:
wolverine-master wrote:just in case you didnt know, you cant combo a throw on the way down.
ah thanks I didn't know that =]
I stand corrected. Storm can.
But only because by floating she can control space and height.
CPS2 wrote:all I was trying to do was land another throw, I thought cr.HP, sj.LP>sj.LK>sj.up+MK into throw was an easy way to do it
Start sj.lp from beneath the opponent.
Launch, and while you're still rising do sj.lp, 11 frames, sj.lk, 11 frames, u.mk, hold forward 24-28 frames, mp.
Comboing that kind of throw isnt that much of a headache as supposed to comboing them to the ground, land, normal jump, throw.
Now thats a headache, an inconsistent headache.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

error1 wrote:you can use dammit's hitbox script to see if your in throw range
I thought if you're not in throw range you'll just get the attack instead, and probably never see the throw box? I'll try it with hitboxes switched on and see if that makes things more clear tho. edit: ah the throw box is always there, that makes sense haha.
error1

Post by error1 »

Dammit just updated his marvel script to only display throws on the frame it tries to do them, and only show throw boxes when the opponent can actuality be thrown.
It should take all the mystery out of it, but the extra functionality only works on mame rr and requires the debuger, still if you're trying to get a throw to combo it's ideal
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Nice =] Thanks for the heads up!
wolverine-master

I was messing around wth xvsf and found this variation of cammy's infinite.
This is only possible using the Instant Double Jump method I told you guys about in another thread.
It's not very practical, but she does 3 attacks in the air as supposed to the usual 400 to get the relaunch.
The only 2 characters I can think of that does less than a 3 hit air combo is cyclops(xvsf,flying screen relaunch combo) or magneto(hk. jump cancelling).
Raine

Post by Raine »

Ah that's pretty cool. I remember accidentally getting that instant double jump a lot back when I was practicing her regular infinite. It's interesting to see a combo using it.
wolverine-master

I found one with her, got one with chun, now I gotta find one with cyclops.
He's a bitch when it comes to IDJ'ing tho. He ain't giving up no combos.
When it comes to programming combos, IDJ'ING is mad effective too.
Every character that has instant double jumps are prone to new possibilities.
Yall should check em out.