KOF XI New Blood

video previews, releases, and feedback
Persona

KOF XI New Blood

Post by Persona »

The project started since like August of 2006 and is now finished. Basically IMO the editing was a rushjob but oh well. Video was supposed to be canned after some drama (I'm not included) occuring after the editing was done but at the end was put up at CX and my site. There was so many errors in the vid that some people tend to call the video "can you spot all the errors?".

Anyway here's the update:

Its finally here. The community vid produced by Vice Vecta and Persona, showcase the many talents of new and upcoming combomakers, thus the name of the CMV: New Blood.

Editing was done by none other than the infamous KyoreX. Eye candy was kept to a minimum, but the simplicity was all that was needed to give the vid justice.

There were some credits missing and some small mistakes made in the vid, which sadly can't be changed.

Producers:
Persona
Vice Vecta

Video Edition:
KyoreX

Director:
remukhan

Combo Makers:
Persona
Axia
Benimaru
CryLanceloth
Dark_Chaotix
Folken
L1r
NMFJ2002
ShadowSonic & Bonta
Shura
Sonic_e7
Vastago

Capturers:
Persona
Dark_Chaotix
Folken
CryLanceloth
Benimaru

Special Thanks:
Majestros
eidrian
AngelFreak
TV-kun
Olaf
alekx_k.kula
and all the CyberfanatiX and Persona World's forum members.

Special thanks to KyoreX for editing and CyberfanatiX.

http://www.persona-world.net/pworld/fcindex.html

http://www.cyberfanatix.com/
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's a good thing that it got released, even if some of the combos became outdated due to delays. The whole idea of supervising a "rookie team" project is awesome. I hope some of those guys go on to make more videos, cuz a lot of that stuff was very promising.

Why are there so many instances of normal move xx whiff super where the opponent gets dizzy and the super misses? Does it help dizzy the opponent or is it just for style?

The combos at 4:17, 6:50, and 7:32 were some of my favorites. Who made that last combo?

Haha, i dunno how my name wound up in there, but thanks for the shout-out.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I really enjoyed this video, I think very few of the combos were outdated, and it was refreshing to see some combos that I hadn't seen that didn't take advantage of the two character glitches (though I think that could still be taken to a whole nother level).

My one big complaint is too much Hammer, otg hammer with mailin, that gets old plus it's tech rollable, so not really that great. But all in all I really like this..
Vega Omega

Post by Vega Omega »

I love watching KOF XI videos, this one was no exception. :D I liked how each combo ended with a K.O.
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

I enjoyed that video a lot! There were a lot of very surprising endings and cool links throughout the video. I'm looking forward to seeing what else these guys come up with.
fullmetalross wrote:My one big complaint is too much Hammer, otg hammer with mailin, that gets old plus it's tech rollable, so not really that great. But all in all I really like this..
Haha, I think this is one of the "errors" mentioned in the original post by Persona. The same double-hammer combo clip appears to show up twice in the video, once around 2:16 and again at 6:06.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Persona

Post by Persona »

The last combo was made by Folken. And yes the Malin combo was shown twice in vid. :S