Random Lazy Questions

talk about how great training mode is
Maj

Re: Random Lazy Questions

Post by Maj »

No, it's gotta be MAME. If i'm gonna switch to another emulator, avoiding cheats becomes a non-issue.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Fuck it, not even SRK knows. I'll use Kawaks instead.

22) Which (preferably 2D) fighting games have real animals as playable characters or even special moves? Tigers, bears, frogs, sharks ...
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

Eternal Champions had a chicken, monkey, snake...
Jojo's has a bird, dog, etc.
MK 3+ had animalities.
Brutal: Paws of Fury was all animals. [Bears!]
World Heroes 2 and on had sharks (SHAAKNAKU! RAZNAPA!), an eagle (Cap'n Kidd's MAX special), Aura Bird, and a few more. [Sharks!]
Killer Instinct had Orchid turning into a tiger and turning you into a frog, Sabrewulf and his bats, Riptor, etc. [Tigers! Frogs!]

MvC2 and Tekken honestly didn't occur to me until now.

Mike Z
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Oh, thank you. I haven't had cause to post much in this thread until now.

Speaking of the Chicken in Eternal Champions, I think his name "Crispy" (heh).

In the SegaCD version of the game, Crispy's background was the same as one of the ordinary default characters, but his background music was certainly not.

I have always kept that music close to me in my heart, even though I do not have any way to listen to it, currently.

I would be overjoyed with nostalgia if anyone could find that music in any way shape or form at all. I just want to hear it again, somehow.

It's stupid but, I'd also like to hear the "Gallery" music played in the Sega Saturn version of SFA2. It was just a very short sample that looped after only a few seconds, but it was rather heart warming along side of the various artworks the game had on the disc.

Speaking of nostalgic video game music, here is a niconico link:
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm4603463

Organized and compiled by 2chan, there are some very famous video game music tracks in that video.

[edit] Whats this list of animals? TMNT:TF has a shark, bat, turtles, etc.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yes yes and fucking yes!

(both work)

It was Secret Stage 2.

Excuse me I'm going to curl up in a corner and listen to this for a while. Thank you Mr.Mike.

But not before I bookmark that site.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thanks guys, that's fairly close to what i was looking for. It's too bad that Kyoshiro's frog is so imposing in Samurai Shodown III, because combined with Rimururu's ground freeze it would have been perfect.
Maj

Post by Maj »

23) Any SFA2 experts here? I thought Sodom was special because he could be juggled during his entire knockdown arc in SFA1/2. How come i can't juggle with CC after air Hurricane Kick, j.MP? Sodom is definitely still in the air, but he keeps falling through no matter what i do with Ryu.

edit: It seems the only way to combo into CC juggles is by staring the custom with an attack that already has inherent juggle potential. The infinite juggle property doesn't seem to kick in until after you get the CC to connect.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

In some Guilty Gear version, I remember Venom could do something kind of odd with throws and balls and stuff.

It was something along the lines of midscreen ground throw, close S, set a ball (strength?), close S on rebound, jump somethingsomething j.HS.

The j.HS would hit both the opponent and the ball, but because the HS forces the opponent's trajectory towards the ground they would run into the ball that ricocheted off the ground, allowing just enough time to land and 6HS.

Or something really obscure and situational like that.

Anyone remember it exactly? It was pretty sweet.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

You can probably do it AC.

I know in ac if your near the corner (not in corner) you can do

throw, close sl. hs ball set, they reboud, cl.sl one hit 6p,6hs xx teleport falling j.D they bounce off the wall and you land fast enough to continue with some other stupid combo. Pretty dope.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

lol, pretty interesting. I thought it had something to do with some rejump stuff, but that sounds fun too.
Maj

Post by Maj »

24) Is there a same character selection glitch in arcade MvC1? Or is XSF the only game where it's possible?

25) Does anyone know how to turn off BGM in arcade SVC Chaos? Also, is there a legit way to select the boss/sub-boss stages? I've seen some combo videos where both of these were done, but i have no clue how to do the first and the second could have been done using emu cheat codes.
NKI

Post by NKI »

I don't know of any same-character glitch in MvC1.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Ok, guess i'll make do without it. Makes my life easier, actually.

26) What the hell is the point of XSF Rogue's DP+K move? Slow as hell and hella recovery too.

27) Is there any way to turn off the flashing white screens in XSF and MSF? There's an option to turn off "Flickering" in MvC1's "Game Configuration" menu but i can't find it in the XSF/MSF menus.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

You can cancel the startup of the move into an air dash... though I don't think it makes it particularly useful....
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I am so confused right now.
Maj

Post by Maj »

What's confusing you?

28) Can someone please explain the version differences in Marvel games in terms of combo system changes? In fact, if someone could create a thread and chart all known FS/FSD conditions once and for all, that'd be great. I'll make it worth two points if you go through the entire Marvel series.
Maj

Post by Maj »

29) Why is 00101800 the default high score in SF1? What's special about that number?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Sounds kind of random to me. 101800 = 18DA8 in hex.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Maj wrote:28) Can someone please explain the version differences in Marvel games in terms of combo system changes? In fact, if someone could create a thread and chart all known FS/FSD conditions once and for all, that'd be great. I'll make it worth two points if you go through the entire Marvel series.
I don't really know all the versus games, but here's a start...

Hopefully Magnetro and Mike Z will jump in.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Awesome, thank you sir.

30) Does the CCC2 version of SF1 have an option to disable background music? If so, do hit sounds and Hurricane Kick whooshing noises register correctly while BGM is turned off?
Maj

Post by Maj »

31) Spider-Man never says "With great power comes great responsibility" in any Capcom game? What the hell? On top of searching through win quotes in like 10 movelist FAQs, i actually watched every ending in MSH, MSF, and MvC and i got nothing. Someone please tell me that i've missed something (and point it out to me, preferably).
NKI

Post by NKI »

<shrug>
I've never seen him say that in a Capcom game, but then again I've never beaten any of the games with Spiderman, so what do I know...
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Maj wrote:31) Spider-Man never says "With great power comes great responsibility" in any Capcom game? What the hell? On top of searching through win quotes in like 10 movelist FAQs, i actually watched every ending in MSH, MSF, and MvC and i got nothing. Someone please tell me that i've missed something (and point it out to me, preferably).
I thought Spider-Man movie came out way after all the versus series games??

Does Guile say "go home and be a family man" to woman characters?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Magnetro wrote:Does Guile say "go home and be a family man" to woman characters?
Yes.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Maj wrote:30) Does the CCC2 version of SF1 have an option to disable background music? If so, do hit sounds and Hurricane Kick whooshing noises register correctly while BGM is turned off?
Looked for an option at dog-face's house and couldn't find anything, so unless it's a hidden/unlockable bonus, i guess the answer is no.

32) Are there any games where Leona can do her Flash Kick independently (not as a followup to her dashing slash move)? She doesn't even do the slash if you stay away from her. She just runs and stops, so it seems there's no way to get her to whiff the Flash Kick from full screen distance.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Leona has to do the running move to do the flip kick in every game.
Neophos

Post by Neophos »

In the SF2 series, is it possible to get backwards-facing attacks on wakeup (not even hitting the opponent with a previous attack), or is it strictly after connecting with a strong aerial on a crouching opponent?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Backwards attacks are a little tricky to set up. It's kinda hard to pinpoint the rules because it's so situational, but it generally requires some kinda crossup or walking under or something along those lines. NKI's ST Shenanigans video demonstrates a lot of different setups.
Neophos

Post by Neophos »

Indeed, it seems all setups for backwards attack requires either the opponent crouching or doing some (very specific) action. Doesn't seem to be possible on dizzied opponents without attacking them at first.

A shame. I had a great idea for a combo.