Oh snap I had a variation of that Gouken/Makoto setup for regular Ultra lol
Nueva tecnología!!!
Maj

Re: Interesting Combo/Glitch/Tutorial Videos

Post by Maj »

Have you guys seen these?

SFV Max-Hit Combo Video Vol.1 by Izumojin
SFV Max-Hit Combo Video Vol.2 by Izumojin

They're a throwback to the 3S Saita videos by Tosaka. He actually released a couple of those with minor updates as he found new optimizations for certain characters. They had different version numbers (like "ver1.2" which you can see in the top right at the beginning).

Anyway it occurred to me that no one ever did that for SF4. I know some of you guys still prefer SF4 over SF5 as a combo playground. Might be a fun project?
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Yeah I've seen those, in fact This combo from my last vid was an improved version of his Rog combo with a different setup and some variations.The max hit combo for SF4 sounds both hard as hell and really promising.There's stuff like Abel's infinite and such,but it could tunr out to be something really cool
Nueva tecnología!!!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Personally I just never really liked optimizing for hits. I'm slowly making progress on a new SFIV video, so maybe I'll give it a shot, but it'd be nice to have some records to aim for first :/
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well if you guys are interested, someone should start a new thread to discuss ground rules and begin that research into what the current records are.

Tosaka's approach to infinites was to show a few loops and fade out. Personally i'd prefer showing the setup instead of fading into the loops directly, but that's just my opinion. Also he showed all combos ending in KO, but that was probably because most of them had post-KO hits anyway. Plus it guaranteed that the amount of damage necessary to prep the dizzy meter didn't make it impossible in a normal round.

If a character has a very specific infinite setup, it might be cool to show the non-infinite maximum as well (if they're different enough). The only problem is you can't do that with an easily set-up infinite like Abel's, because almost any combo could be extended using the infinite.

But the big question is should every combo use dizzy or only if it dizzies from zero? In 3S the answer almost had to be prepped dizzies, but only because the dizzy state was too special to ignore in that game - which is pretty much unique to SF3 (and to a lesser extent Guilty Gear).
Maj

Post by Maj »

Speaking of Tosaka, i happened to find my old copy of his 3S combo DVD and randomly decided to ask him if he'd thought about uploading it to youtube.

http://twitter.com/combovid/status/813660167740878853
combovid wrote:@tosaka_ あなたはyoutubeに "Shiki"をアップロードすることを考えましたか?多くの人がそれを見て楽しむだろう!
He DM'd me the next day:
tosaka_ wrote:I am unfortunately unable to upload because I do not have "shiki" now
I would like you to upload if you have it
I also want it
So we totally lucked out! I spent all night collating/upscaling/re-encoding everything on the DVD and uploaded it to youtube. He said it looked good so i made it public just now.

SF3:3S Combo Art “Shiki” by Logical Illusion

You guys should check it out. It's a pretty incredible video. Almost 40 minutes of 3rd Strike combos!

Knowing how much work it must have taken, isn't it crazy to think of ending up without a single copy?
Maj

Post by Maj »

These SF2 bonus stage time attack vids from Arist_Leo are pretty interesting. Editing is a bit slow and some characters don't have much tech, but there's some fun stuff in here. I like how he manages to get someone dizzy haha.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9sFo7YHbLSQ
https://youtube.com/watch?v=VP17B5zTGYE
krusan

Post by krusan »

Nice watch. Always amazed how there´s people exploring everything.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Late posting this but i enjoyed watching this video:

Street Fighter III 3rd Strike - Combo Exhibition Act.1 (TACV) by Mikazuki

Been a while since i rewinded that much. Lots of really cool stuff in the first half, before it started to show a bunch of familiar KO combos. It's harder to do anything stylish or fresh when you're also optimizing for damage.