SFxT Mobile CMV 2

video previews, releases, and feedback
Last_Window

SFxT Mobile CMV 2

Post by Last_Window »

Looking for feedback: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kWor5FxsZXU

This CMV is about the mobile (iOS) version of SFxT (I also have another CMV, hence the '2', but I'm more proud of this one 8) ). Most of those combos were performed in ranked matches, always using Onslaught lvl 1 box, fully upgraded. It includes lots of "pro" things: (EX) CADC combos, juggling and scaling tricks, character specific combos, Pandora finishers, and more. I can't record the audio from the iPhone, so yeah, I don't need feedback about that :D

The game is QUITE different from his big brother:
- There's no Tag Cancel nor Cross Assault.
- Instead of gems there are Pandora boxes. Each one has different slots with different power ups, and after a launcher or a Cross Art you get the effect of one of those slots. They are TOTALLY unbalanced. Seriously.
- Pandora works in a different way. It enables an OP version of the effects of the box you selected, allows infinites and slowly recovers your health. Once Pandora ends, you don't lose. Instead you begin to lose health, until it leaves you with just 1 HP. You can't tag after Pandora either.
- The partner has his own health bar. It's smaller than a normal health bar. The more you tag the smaller it gets. Once it's empty, if you receive a hit the game forces you to tag, giving the attacker a free combo. The character also loses health while you're controlling him/her.
- Some moves have different properties, like Kazuya's f+K (f+LK on the console version) causing a ground bounce against an airborne opponent, while on the console version it needs to be on CH.
- Some (EX) special moves are Super/Cross Art-cancelable. For example, Ryu can cancel EX SRK into Super. Some normals that aren't special cancelable on the console version are special cancelable here, like Hwo's cr.HP and Guile's cr.HP.

There are also some other differences, like Hwo being able to combo after Hunting Hawk's ground bounce, launchers launching the opponent higher and allowing longer combos, but they are too many to put in a single reply.

EDIT: oh, forgot to say some other important differences:
- Scaling of this game goes: 100, 100, 100, 60, 60, 60, 20, 20, 20, 10, ... It doesn't go below 10. So yeah, after 6 different moves the scaling will hurt A LOT.
- Boost combos don't affect the frame advantage of the moves and they are special cancelable (as long as the move used in the boost combo is special cancelable).
- There are no cr.LP, cr.LP, cr.LP and the like in the game. If you press twice down + P (which is the cr.LP for most of the cast, if not for all) you'll get the next attack in his boost combo (Ryu for example does cr.LP, cr.HP). Chun Li is the only character in the game with a cr.LP with enough frame advantage to link into other moves and into cr.LP itself.
- Moves moves that offer some kind of frame advantage on the console version don't offer frame advantage here, like Rolento's cr.MP.

If someone is interested in the transcription, I can also post it.
error1

Re: SFxT Mobile CMV 2

Post by error1 »

really cool, did you figure out how to record audio? Shouldn't be too hard.

at 7:50 guile is canceling boost combos with a normal sonic boom. Is that a gem?
Seems like that could be really broken, but I'm betting they removed his normals that would break it like cl.mk
onReload

Post by onReload »

Pretty cool stuff, I can't imagine pulling this off on an iPhone.

Has anyone done a "Mobile" compilation combo vid? It would be interesting to see all the NGPC, WonderSwan, GBA, Phone etc. versions of classic fighting games in one place.
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

error1 wrote:really cool, did you figure out how to record audio? Shouldn't be too hard.

at 7:50 guile is canceling boost combos with a normal sonic boom. Is that a gem?
Seems like that could be really broken, but I'm betting they removed his normals that would break it like cl.mk
Not yet. The only way I have to record the audio would be using the laptop's mic, but the sound quality would be beyond awful. With iOS 8 and Yosemite it's said that it would be possible to record the screen of the iPhone and probably also the sound via the USB.

No, it's not a gem, it's a feature of this port. You can cancel boost combos into SMs without problems. Aside from Pandora combos, there aren't any infinites in the game.
onReload wrote:Pretty cool stuff, I can't imagine pulling this off on an iPhone.

Has anyone done a "Mobile" compilation combo vid? It would be interesting to see all the NGPC, WonderSwan, GBA, Phone etc. versions of classic fighting games in one place.
I've been playing Volt, SFxT and KoF-i 2012 for some time now, so it's pretty easy for me. Also SP Assist helps a lot :mrgreen:

Regarding the mobile compilation, I was going to make a video with most iOS games, but in the end I dropped the idea. It would be too much work, and also I wasn't sure about adding 1:1 ports (MvC2, Soul Calibur, etc.), since the only difference between the original version and the port is the controls.

Regarding the GBA, I was also going to do a CMV of the Tekken Advance game. That game is filled with moves with ridiculous frame advantage, with lots of infinites.
error1

Post by error1 »

With the right cord I would think you could take it from the headphone jack to a mic port in any computer, but idk about apples
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

error1 wrote:With the right cord I would think you could take it from the headphone jack to a mic port in any computer, but idk about apples
I know one that should work, but I can't find it here.
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

There's a thing I can't do in the game no matter how many times I try, and I'm honestly QUITE tired of trying. If anyone is looking for an execution challengue:

(Ryu) st.HP (CH), EX CADC, st.HP (CH).

Ryu's st.HP causes a crumple on CH against a standing character AND is also special cancelable in the mobile version of the game. When performing a move that should crumple against a crumpling character, the move causes a very fast knockdown (3:45 in the video, although this doesn't happen with Kazuya's Oni Front Kick (CH), EX CADC, Demon God Fist (CH), which causes a second crumple).

From all the characters, only Ryu could recover fast enough to continue the combo after that fast knockdown. I know that Ryu can do st.HP (CH), CADC, st.HP fast enough to hit the opponent while he's standing (think of this as a 1f link, VERY difficult), but turning that CADC into an EX one is a pain in the ass. Instead of pressing back + P, up-back + P is needed instead, since otherwise you get a throw, and then one must be very careful when doing the QCF + SP because most of the time one gets the EX Joudan instead, and then pressing forward twice, all this as fast as you can.

Also, one interesting thing about crumples here is that the opponent doesn't count as airborne.