Got any Questions about SF3:NG, 2I, 3S, or 3SOE?

talk about how great training mode is
error1

Re: Got any Questions about SF3:NG, 2I, 3S, or 3SOE?

Post by error1 »

Doopliss wrote:
Pokey86 wrote:
You have to do the first parry before the super freeze. I was stuck on that one for quite some time as well.
Before!? Is that the same with Chuns as well?
Yes, which makes the whole thing a lot more impressive.
that's a common misconception
there is a two frame window after the super freeze that you can parry
it's just easier to parry before it
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

error1 wrote:
Doopliss wrote:
Pokey86 wrote:Before!? Is that the same with Chuns as well?
Yes, which makes the whole thing a lot more impressive.
that's a common misconception
there is a two frame window after the super freeze that you can parry
it's just easier to parry before it
I see. Those people lied to me!
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

wasn't the defenition of a parry

"hitting forward/down on the exact frame a move hits"

How do you do that when there are 2 non hitting frams directly after it.

or are you going to destroy my delusions of grandeur & tell me that my parrying is not the result of my one 60th of second epic reactions coming in to play?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

i tested the parry window the other day, got nearly 10 frames... and 2 for red parry using urien's ex tackle. it seems to vary a bit depending on what you're parrying tho.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Ugh, this game needs regional filter.....

And some of these trial are stupid. Like, unless you have prior 3s history knowledge no one would find how to do these. Which average player would know about piano technique for kens vs elena trial to help succeed?

Anyways, Im alittle disappointed in the package. No regional option and no "rematch" option for ranked battle?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Are you on 360 or PS3 DC?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Welcome to onReload's birthday party thread! I hope you enjoy divekicks!

edit: How ironic would it be if he says he doesn't even like this version? (Hugo's pixels aren't rugged enough maybe?)
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

CPS2 wrote:Are you on 360 or PS3 DC?
ps3
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:no "rematch" option for ranked battle?
Of course not. The only game I've ever seen with that feature is Facebreaker. By adding rematch to ranked matches, boosting would become ridiculously easy.

Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Doesn't mvc3 have it?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I don't think so. But then again, I barely even played MvC3, at least not ranked.

onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Welcome to onReload's birthday party thread! I hope you enjoy divekicks!

edit: How ironic would it be if he says he doesn't even like this version? (Hugo's pixels aren't rugged enough maybe?)
time to buy a 300 dollar system with cutting edge 3d technology to play a 12 year old square-y game! nah i played my friend's copy, it feels nice and smooth ... yet rugged

as for the trials, yeah it does seem like they're definitely for people who know 3s; the one Chun-Li trial of HK, SA2, SA2 can be done like 4 different ways, but if you don't know the game, you can't even figure out one of the methods; one one video where C-Royd was having trouble doing Ken's last trial, Goryus himself commented with instructions on how to do it.

It would be much better to teach you some simple BnBs, even though for some characters they're pretty easy (chun: low forward into SA2, SJC followups) and some it's much harder (yun doing kara zesshou houou to finish up a very long genei jin combo) but maybe the trials were more of an afterthought, (since there's only 5 per character) and they decided to just give you a brief taste of 3s with flashy combos. This release is mostly here for online play, but yeah, I can see why people would want to really learn more practical options. Still, it's a 10 year old game and there's plenty of vids and matches on YouTube. ....and onReloads wearing a party hat playing arcade mode etc.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

onReload wrote: time to buy a 300 dollar system with cutting edge 3d technology to play a 12 year old square-y game! nah i played my friend's copy, it feels nice and smooth ... yet rugged
Better than paying $700 for the arcade game.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, it's still that expensive? Aren't CPS-2 arcade boards in the $50-$200 range these days?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Maj wrote:Wow, it's still that expensive? Aren't CPS-2 arcade boards in the $50-$200 range these days?
3rd Strike is CPS 3. You can probably find better deals here and there, but...
http://www.coinopexpress.com/products/p ... t_355.html
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha i know SF3 is CPS-3. I've just never heard anyone talking about buying CPS-3 boards.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Rufus wrote:
onReload wrote: time to buy a 300 dollar system with cutting edge 3d technology to play a 12 year old square-y game! nah i played my friend's copy, it feels nice and smooth ... yet rugged
Better than paying $700 for the arcade game.
Not for a turn-of-the-century Silver Age of Fighting Games* arcade game like 3rd Strike!

*onReload-made-up-phrase-copyright
Dark_Chaotix

Re: Video Suggestions

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Are there even combos to be found still?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

yeah man, i think if you see a weird setup then think of a way to get a stun juggle out of it, there's a lot of stuff. but without stun and off a basic setup then there wouldn't be much. not that many ppl have tried ta'd stuff, kysg didn't cover every character.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Hmm, I think TA would be needed in this game. The timing to even do some of these trials are bad enough let along trying to find new stuff that works.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Whats the proper timing to connect a normal after genai jin? Im trying to do the last trial and having issue doing the super the linking the cMP. I wait till he looks like he is in standing stance but he does nothing and when I press button. The rest of the combo is fine just that part.

Also having issues with Yang last trial being [qcf+P, qcf+P, pause] x3. Is there a certain strength i should be using or....

And dont get me started on Makoto's....Im stuck on Trial 3 being jHK, sMP, sLK, qcf+A, qcfx2 +P. Pianoing doesnt seem to work for me :(
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Yeah and also, I think there's a lot of potential left with charge partitioning + stun juggles. With every standing move, you only need to be standing for one frame or so, the rest of the time you can be charging lol.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

CPS2 wrote:Yeah and also, I think there's a lot of potential left with charge partitioning + stun juggles. With every standing move, you only need to be standing for one frame or so, the rest of the time you can be charging lol.
Charge partitioning has its own rules and limitations. I don't know if those are even well documented.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

it's not too tricky with ta. basically you just have to remember that if you fully charge in a single instance, you've lost your ability to partition later, and have to spend your charge move within 10 frames or so, or start charging again. also the gap can be as big as 40 frames, but only if you're really pushing it and have 2 inputs left at the end. generally if you keep the charge gaps under 5 frames, it should work. i tested all this a while back, but lost it on an old hdd. it's intuitive to me tho.

sorry for being off topic >_<

you're right that it isn't well documented tho. one of the things to really figure out is how big the gaps can be, like can you walk forward 30 frames, hold down for 5, walk forward 30 etc, and keep your charge? i doubt it would work, but you can walk forward for 40 frames and keep charge, once.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Ive seen his stuff and its not really helping for some reason. Im trying to replicate the timing I just fail....
Maj

Post by Maj »

CPS2 wrote:sorry for being off topic >_<
No worries, now it's not off-topic. Although it got a little jumbled, but whatever.

I'm looking forward to your video, but it definitely would've been a good idea to have it done this week. I wonder how long the 3SOE hype will last.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey so, when you post a 3rd Strike matchvid to your channel using 3SOE's upload feature, doesn't that imply that you have Capcom's permission? Wouldn't you be able to monetize those videos? Or is there some kind of user agreement with restrictions on this?

Obviously it would take waaay too much work to put together an online combo video (as a matchvid playlist maybe?) but i'm curious if you could do it in theory, and then apply for u2b partnership on that channel.
Raine

Post by Raine »

About that charge partitioning business, I saw someone link this video today -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrP2pthjyoo

Now I'm not sure if I'm understanding this correctly, but the way the orange bar behaves seems to indicate that the window for charge retention is actually random unless you manipulate the reset cooldown with certain actions? All I really know about charge partitioning is that I suck at doing Urien combos. :lol:
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Looks like someone's gone through memory addresses or something and made some extra bars, like Dammit's stun gauge for ST...

Man that's disappointing tho. If that's how it works, that sucks =/