SSF4:AE Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
Doopliss

Re: SSF4:AE Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Doopliss »

error1 wrote:
anotak wrote:some places got it and broke street date
there is no street date, it's only available as a download from steam or the like. There is no shipped package version as far as I can tell
There's a retail version.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

ok it seems your right, it wasn't on amazon last I looked but they have it now
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

lol

Oni's Ultra 1 -> Air Ultra 1 works when you do it full screen after Seths Tanden Engine, finally found out that the air Ultr has the samed JP.
onReload

Post by onReload »

So you mean, like, do U1, get interrupted/pulled in by Seth's Tanden, then instant-air U1?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Nah, not instant, the first ultra hits wonky & only hits 7 times. (Seths Super negates 1 hit) But... Sadly because Oni's Ultra causes SKD on every hit the only move with a JP high enough to follow up is another ultra. I mean you can tag on an EX Tatsu hit if you get Seth to throw a sonic boom first (Cancelled in to Super) The beauty of it is that because the ultra hits wonky you can do a full jump in cancelled in to air ultra. It looks nice. No real application though. air ultra only hits 3 times.

You know i play Seth, & i've won bundles of fights by laming it out with Boom -> Super to chip people out. If any Ryu/Sagat would've learned that Random Ultra beats it i'd be fucked. What else can Ryu do i hear you (never/nor cared to) ask?

Back Jump -> Late air EX Tatsu = He gets sucked in at the EXACT time the Super stops, if i do a boom the EX tatsu still makes it whiff & he ends on a full combo. & because he gets sucked back in he's basically delivering a free combo to ryu like saying "Hey, i tried to be cheap, kick my ass please"

EX Hadouken after activation = It's a bit iffy this, works more often on the right side for some reason (Ryu on the right, Seth on left) can't follow up & doesn't beat boom -> Super. However you can do it after Seth activated & it's a big "FUCK YOU!" if a Seth is trying to chip you out only to be stopped in his tracks.

However the cream of the crop is

Ultra -> Get sucked in -> SRK -> Super = 600+ damage. Nothing to be sniffed at VS Seth, the beautiful thing is, you have to SRK them on the 7th hit of the Ultra to get the most out of the Super as the 8th hit removes all juggling on a grounded opponent. the suction ends at that point meaning Reversal SRK hits just before the 8th hit & the super hits for the maximum it can hit which is 4 times.

It's a thing of beauty... Meanwhile all Sagat has is a paltry

Ultra -> Get sucked in -> Super

---

Hmm, Seths Close MP is now either 4/5 frame start up & either 4/5 + frame on hit.

You can do Close MP -> close MP, Stand HK -> Close MP, (VS Seth) -> close MP -> Close HP. Which i'd guess should work all opponents after a tanden
error1

Post by error1 »

it's 5 startup +5 fa
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Guys, how do you use tool-assist in SSF4 AE on PC?It seems it just doesn't let you use them.I tried my mouse's software, i tried auto macro.They just dont work.I made a script, then tested it in word.It showed the buttons that it was supposed to press, and it worked fine.I enter AE, i activate the macro, nothing happens.Absolutely nothing.
error1

Post by error1 »

you probably need to run the macro program as an administrator
Last edited by error1 on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Still doesn't work.
error1

Post by error1 »

well the game seems to not recognize a lot of keyboards and controllers so that could be the issue, does your keyboard work fine?

and I thought the key config was a nightmare in vanilla
hard to believe this is so much worse
it doesn't recognize my microsoft sidewinder x4
the hotfix works but I can't do simple things like change resolution without it messing up
really hope capcom patches this
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I have a Steelseries Zboard keyboard.It works just fine when i actually physically press the buttons.It's just that nothing that emulates button preset works in AE.Not even autoit.
What hotfix?If there is any macro solution that works, regardless of what resolution the game must run in, plesae give.I have some ideas for Snooootch's challenge right now, but there is no way I can do them by hand.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

About the challenge, I wonder if Akuma can do Raging demon right after U2 and have them still be airborne during the freeze.

error1

Post by error1 »

by hotfix I meant this thing
http://code.google.com/p/x360ce/
in can trick ssf4 to accept your controler

my keyboard macros and autoit both seem to work fine
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

btw, I just realized Raging demons might have higher move priority than taunts and I guess FAs too, since I always activate it with PPP+KKK. So.. anyone with TA want to try doing FA armor cancel to RD?

error1

Post by error1 »

just tested for you, you can't do an armor cancel raging demon
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I guess it's just the RDs special property of cancelling everything that does it, then.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

You must be mighty lucky if your macros are working.
Maj

Post by Maj »

It might be wise to wait two or three days for a patch before getting discouraged or trying anything drastic. Snoooootch's challenge deadline is a month from now, so there's no danger of running out of time.
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:just tested for you, you can't do an armor cancel raging demon
Did you end up figuring out that input lag I was feeling at first? It seemed to get lessened later, but I had NO lag in Vanilla, so it worries me :|
error1

Post by error1 »

I'm not feeling any lag, but I haven't played online yet
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Maj wrote:It might be wise to wait two or three days for a patch before getting discouraged or trying anything drastic. Snoooootch's challenge deadline is a month from now, so there's no danger of running out of time.
Yeah but a patch can be really difficult for me to get.(I really really can't afford to buy it on PC now).It's just irritating when, after many months, you finally have ideas and cant get them done.
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:I'm not feeling any lag, but I haven't played online yet
I'm just talking straight input lag; was in challenge mode when I was whining about it. It's near impossible to tell online because you have the latency issue (and I'm not trying to be super pro or anything)

edit: checked SRK boards, it turns out it was from the stupid "smooth" framerate. turn it to "fixed" if you want to play for real. smooth does have some hilarious glitches though.
his1nightmare

Post by his1nightmare »

I found some kind of bug in Yang's U2 animation, I'm not completely sure how to trigger it, being character specific or how exactly this bug even works, but I set it up (1 of 20 times succeeding) by doing s.LP from a certain distance and then U2, and this "setup" results sometimes in U2 losing one hit. Usually it's a 16-hit combo, this way it only has 15. Ohh Capcom...
http://file.qip.ru/video/0GUV4SMl/Yang_bug_dx.html
Also it proves once and forver that you can't link s.LP into U2, I guess everyone here knows this, but several boards, wikis, etc. state it wrongly.

Also, in case anyone is interested in any way, here you have the 2 most likely best ways of crushing the car:
http://file.qip.ru/video/mUKkzE9J/car_crasher.html
The Yang-way of crushing I recorded is definitely improvable, but I didn't want to spend time on calculating the best way on something surely no one cares about. He definitely gains the most "attack-points" by using Tourou Zan (1st and 2nd slash=600 points, 3rd=800, mp palm=800, hp palm=1000, Seiei Enbu tripples every amount of points gained), but using palms speeds up the destruction remarkably, allowing an additional amount of points because of time, probably 4000, still being inferior to Blanka. In a run where I used palms too I actually had 2000 points more in the end, being the highscore, as you are able to see in the video.
I actually first tried Cammy, thinking Cannon Strike spammage will result in a nice result, but then I had to remember, they removed instant air non-EX Cannon Strikes, so she failed hard.
onReload

Post by onReload »

his1nightmare wrote:The Yang-way of crushing I recorded is definitely improvable, but I didn't want to spend time on calculating the best way on something surely no one cares about.
Haha, I find it interesting. Not as much as the 3S SUV, though...psst
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

his1nightmare wrote:Also it proves once and forver that you can't link s.LP into U2, I guess everyone here knows this, but several boards, wikis, etc. state it wrongly.
You can link U2 from c.LK even, if you do it after a jump-in or dash-in. I think you can do it normally on wider characters, and on some characters it might not even work at all. Try MP Palm, FADC, c.LK, U2 on Dan.

Btw, I used Gief's lariat and EX GH for the car, doesn't that work well?

his1nightmare

Post by his1nightmare »

You can link U2 from c.LK even, if you do it after a jump-in or dash-in. I think you can do it normally on wider characters, and on some characters it might not even work at all. Try MP Palm, FADC, c.LK, U2 on Dan.
I see, c.mk xx mp palm xx FADC > c.LK > U2 worked. Thanks for the information.
But ... > s.LP > U2 didn't work, neither did early j.HK > s.LP > U2, I tried it on Dan, Abel and Sagat, and I recorded and rewatched to make sure I clearly performed everything on the earliest frame possible.
This setup has far too many requirements.. :/ .
Btw, I used Gief's lariat and EX GH for the car, doesn't that work well?
It absolutely does, but Blanka and Yang get naturally a way higher score.
Though I have to admit, I didn't gave Gief a lot of attention, I guess some kind of remarkable record can be done with him.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

his1nightmare wrote:
I see, c.mk xx mp palm xx FADC > c.LK > U2 worked. Thanks for the information.
But ... > s.LP > U2 didn't work, neither did early j.HK > s.LP > U2, I tried it on Dan, Abel and Sagat, and I recorded and rewatched to make sure I clearly performed everything on the earliest frame possible.
This setup has far too many requirements.. :/ .
Try j.HP or j.MK instead. I could get it with j.HK on Dan, though... XD Are you on PC with the smooth setting on?

his1nightmare

Post by his1nightmare »

I needed only 1 second to admit how awesomely Capcom has programmed this so called feature "smooth", only 0,002% of my inputs appearing onscreen, which is still a bigger number than GGPO's average.

So yes, I'm on PC but with everything set the way to be able to play acceptably.
But smoothed framerate wouldn't change anything to s.LP > U2 not combo'ing into the opponent as long as I still perform everything rightly.

__
Alright, now I got it working on Dan too, with a success rate of 1/10 despite the fact I input everything everytime with the same timing ... :/ .
Well most likely it's my fault, I guess I don't have the feeling for doing things right in a game I played just for some hours. Regardless, thank you for clarifying this, good to know that it actually works.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

I have a question about Yang's ultra 2. I've done four videos now of Yang juggles, and in every one I was able to stick an U2 on the end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fux7Cmj269o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rRJd2jl0vQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0Ct3Kj-wR4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZF6axsRo6BQ

It would seem to me that it has infinite juggle potential. However when done with his super active you gather the same amount of hits as usual. It appears to me that the shadows do hit as the hits seem to come a lot quicker one after another, so this would indicate that all the shadows have infinite juggle potential. So why does it not get all the hits from yang and his shadows? I've made a video here to compare the number of hits and animation of normal U2 and U2 during super.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq_G1sNz_I
his1nightmare

Post by his1nightmare »

The shadows never affect neither of Yang's Ultras, his Super has no effect on them unlike Yun's.
Why exactly the hits seems to hit quicker I can't answer, probably just a visual placebo; but definitely I can say that the afterimages don't have infinite juggle potential, they have exactly the same juggle-features as Yang himself. I.e., if you land c.s.MK with Seiei Enbu on, your kick and the one of the first shadow will connect, taking away the possibility to land one more c.s.mk until the opponent has touched the ground again.