video previews, releases, and feedback
error1

Re: SF4 Series Combo Challenges

Post by error1 »

how about, land 5 focus attacks in one combo
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

lol, that's too hard, dont you think? I mean, I think it's possible with anyone if you use Trades with Sim's U1 like Maj did on the Gief/ElFuerte TACV, but it seems like it may be too challenging for the majority of the characters. :(
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

If it wasn't hard it wouldn't be a challenge. There are not many characters who can do three focus trades off Sim's U1, it's not like it just needs a quick focus attack, it also needs a forward moving hit box.
Besides there are plenty of other ways of doing it, but they all take creativity to do.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Rufus wrote:Yeah, the 4-of-a-kind challenge was neat because of the subtle-ish versions of the moves.
Haha you'd be surprised how many messages i get asking if i'm still accepting responses to that challenge because they have one for Cody's Criminal Uppers or Dudley's uppercuts. I always try to be encouraging like, "There's a lot of promising moves that nobody's attempted yet" but they're always convinced that they've missed their opportunity to record a Dudley solution foreva.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Snoooootch wrote:How about land ANY Ultra at 10 percent? Too easy?
Too easy, yes. Harder with no super bars used, but then it would be too similar to the last one.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Some ideas:
- How much Super meter can you charge with one combo? ( from 0 stock, or from 1, 2...)
-Make a combo (more than 10 hits) with the lowest damage. The lowest number in the result of dividing the final damage by the number of hits, wins. (very unpredictable)
-Make the most possible damage against a jumping dummy. Of course, the first hit must be in the air.
mmm i dont like any... lol.
onReload

Post by onReload »

The third one would be interesting if it didn't lend itself to only a few characters with good juggles...the second is too much of a repeat, I think; I like the first one, but I don't know how much people know about Super Meter building.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'll try to make something AE-only related, methinks.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Here's a challenge ideea: Record an original combo. That should rule out all of the eventhubs wannabes.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha isn't that the same thing as saying "Challenge: Help me make a collaborative combo video"? Plus you'd have to spend hours verifying each response before you accept it.

Anyway i don't think the goal is to exclude anyone. All we're trying to do is come up with a challenge that we'd actually enjoy seeing the responses to.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

How about a landing every offered special that the character contains in one combo??
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I can't think of many characters that could pull that off. Guile, Ken, Ryu, C.Viper, DeeJay, Cody, maybe Dan, that's about it.

onReload

Post by onReload »

I'm personally a fan of low-number-of-hits combos....maybe do X damage in Y hits? Or maybe a specific number, like, do the most stun/damage/lol/style in 2 hits or 3 hits.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Doopliss wrote:I can't think of many characters that could pull that off. Guile, Ken, Ryu, C.Viper, DeeJay, Cody, maybe Dan, that's about it.
You may be ruling out a rose taunt trade. :)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I just skimmed through the list. I mean, basically everyone with a command throw is out. Everyone with a counter or teleport is most likely out too. And everyone with a headstomp-type special move. For example, I can't see a solution with Fei, as he'd have no way to land Shienkyaku, the command grab and Rekkas in the same combo without stun. And the new characters wouldn't stand a chance, except maybe Yun using Genei-Jin. I'll do something that allow people to use the new characters as well. It's a viable challenge though, so you could always use it yourself.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Since the objective is to create combos with lots of different special moves, why don't you just set a specific number like 4 or 5 instead of saying "all"?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I guess I'll think about it and see if I can come up with something balanced enough.

error1

Post by error1 »

how about
without any dizzy, use the same normal 5 times in one combo, ie cl.lk, far lk, c.lk, or j.lk, nj.lk are all different moves so pick one and do it 5 times
easy mode is light attacks
normal mode is medium attack
and hard mode is hard attacks
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Magneto would so own that Hard mode challenge.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

error, that sounds good. it'll be easy for fireball characters but pretty challenging for non-projectile ones. Maybe 6 of the same normals at once? :)
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Snoooootch wrote:error, that sounds good. it'll be easy for fireball characters but pretty challenging for non-projectile ones. Maybe 6 of the same normals at once? :)
I'm also thinking that light/medium/heavy thing is a bit off since it's pretty easy for El Fuerte to get a bunch of close fierces in, but much harder for his other normals. The same is true of pre-patch Fei.
Maj wrote:Since the objective is to create combos with lots of different special moves, why don't you just set a specific number like 4 or 5 instead of saying "all"?
I was going to point out that certain characters don't have that many special moves, but most of those can't combo for... anyway.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

How about a challenge called "Maximize that special" and in it, the combo submitted has to specify ONE special move landed as many times as possible in one combo?

Like, one video can be called "Ryu - Hadoken" and the combo shows the maximum times the person was able to land said special in one combo. :)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Chun-Li - Legs, lol. But yeah, that sounds nice. But we have to limit it somehow so that people don't go "look, I did two EXThunder Knuckles in one combo!!!!"

Maj

Post by Maj »

The problem isn't limiting the floor. The real problem is, how are you gonna determine whether any submitted solution has hit the ceiling?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Cross up King - Switch sides during a combo (Harder modes could be 2/3 times)

Mix-up Master - Perform a combo using X amount of hits or doing X amount of damage without using the same button twice. For leniency sake buttom combos - Such as PPP, PP or MK + MP - count as different inputs, but you can't do two EX's unless they use PP or KK respectively. <- Might be to confusing that one.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

For the lulz, I could do a challenge that requires you to do a combo that does exactly "X00" Damage, but no less than 300 (Theres single moves that do 100 and 200, so). So: "Do a 300 or 400 or 500 or 600 or 700 or 800 etc. damage combo". I guess there are ultras that solve this by themselves, but meh.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

hahhaha, well of course. too bad this one dude already landed 7 chicken wings in one combo after he saw that you can land cl.mp after a hk chicken wing on dudley. :(

I can probably do 5 rekkas, or 5 shoryukens max with my pad. :)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Snoooootch wrote:5 rekkas
I would only count the first of the three rekkas (or whichever you get the most hits with), otherwise it would be unfair :3

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Well, based on the Sagat TACV, Maj did 7 tiger shots and 6 tiger knees, so maybe the "Max out that special" combo challenge WOULD work. Maybe?
Maj

Post by Maj »

But how do you know that seven is the max? If i submit that clip and you accept it, then someone else submits a video of eight Tiger Shots, what do you do with mine? Do you remove it from the responses list?