papasi wrote:I like how john choi use his chance to call out all the og

justin is fat
ricky can't adapt
alex's execution sucks
mike watts can't drink

and he gets away by just adding a smiley at the end lol
Hahaha so true.
lol
In general, Japanese Street Fighters are ahead of the rest of the world. This is mainly a result of their incredibly large player base. Naturally, areas with the largest talent pool to choose from end up having more success than counterparts with smaller pools. This is the primary reason Koreans rule the Starcraft world, Americans own Marvel, Chinese own KOF, etc.
corrected for him FOR GREAT JUSTICE!
Maj

Re: Awesome Comments

Post by Maj »

kaimisawesome wrote:re: SF? Ryu Exhibition (Evo2k9+OHN8 HD Edition)

For the sole purpose just to pass time until my next class:

49 Hadoukens

17 Shoryukens

33 Tatsumakis

22 Shinku Hadoukens

9 Shinku Tatsumakis

7 Shin Shoryukens

2 Metsu Hadoukens

Were shot in the making of this film.
GuerrillaNND wrote:@kaimisawesome

I think you missed the 2 Denjin Hadoukens in the very beginning
kaimisawesome wrote:@GuerrillaNND At the time I missed them on purpose, but in retrospect if I counted Metsu Hadouken... why not Denjin? So in other words my fault there.
If someone goes through all the trouble of counting this stuff, i have to take it as a compliment, right?
Maj

Post by Maj »

oldKYSG wrote:re: Ode to the 2-Hit Combo

best of best
Wooooowowow.

I'm totally XCOPYing that comment if he ever uploads his 3S Ryu video or CFJ video.
onReload

Post by onReload »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9w8owtFTihc
Why is ken doing Guile's moves? o____o
RivetsAndRain 7 months ago
Maj

Post by Maj »

Perfectedidiot21 wrote:re: EVO2009 Ryu Combo Video

Nobody was playing as Ryu.

This is the actual Ryu
Took me a second to figure out what he was saying, but it made me laugh.
onReload

Post by onReload »

http://www.youtube.com/user/GordonsBeard

^ DrGamez liked my Snoooootch Combo Challenge Response so much he made that video edit...and a channel just to host it...? Awesome.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Hahaha, that's badass, Reload.

Dide you see this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2inqglchY4
Making no profit since 1987...
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yes, he is a guy who clearly has too much fun with video editing 8)
Raine

Post by Raine »

onReload wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/GordonsBeard

^ DrGamez liked my Snoooootch Combo Challenge Response so much he made that video edit...and a channel just to host it...? Awesome.
lmao that's awesome.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Snoooootch wrote:Hahaha, that's badass, Reload.

Hahahaha, that video just make my day a little bit better.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Maj

Post by Maj »

pratikh wrote:re: SF1 Ryu's 3-hit Instant Kill Dragon Punch

Is Mike supposed to be Balrog?

Since they got the names of M. Bison and Balrog mixed up during production of the original Street Fighter 2 and all.
Cdsixphive0 wrote:@pratikh It's actually supposed to be wesley snipes....
Made me laugh because there were like ten prior responses to pratikh's comment, all discussing whether SF1 Mike and SF2 Balrog were the same guy.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Snoooootch wrote:Hahaha, that's badass, Reload.

dude, uh...your comment
error1

Post by error1 »

Snoooootch 4 weeks ago wrote:@DrGamez Sonichurricane is run by Maj. He's one of the best known combo video makers. He does those biweekly tool assisted combo videos and guides and all kinds of stuff for the fighting game community. He invited me to join his sonichurricane forum, which is like an exclusive combo video maker forum with so far, only 107 members. it's pretty cool. I told him about your videos and he said he really liked them.
wow that's really bad, you should delete that comment
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, really? Dude what were you thinking? How's he even gonna recognize me from a forum that he's not supposed to know about?

Come on guys, you know better than to use sh/f membership as bragging rights. Yes i think it's kinda funny but it's also an incredibly bad idea. If you start waving that stuff in front of people, it's gonna backfire bigtime.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Maj wrote:Wow, really? Dude what were you thinking? How's he even gonna recognize me from a forum that he's not supposed to know about?

Come on guys, you know better than to use sh/f membership as bragging rights. Yes i think it's kinda funny but it's also an incredibly bad idea. If you start waving that stuff in front of people, it's gonna backfire bigtime.
MAybe you should PM people some standard etiquette thing. I think i slipped up at one time.
Maj

Post by Maj »

There's not much to say. Don't talk about sh/f outside sh/f. Everything else is common sense. I guess i just don't understand why anyone feels the need to mention this forum anywhere else. If you want me to invite someone, let me know and i'll invite them. If they don't make combos then they aren't getting invited anyway, so they don't need to know. Simple as that, right?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Maj wrote:There's not much to say. Don't talk about sh/f outside sh/f. Everything else is common sense. I guess i just don't understand why anyone feels the need to mention this forum anywhere else. If you want me to invite someone, let me know and i'll invite them. If they don't make combos then they aren't getting invited anyway, so they don't need to know. Simple as that, right?
yeah but people don't know you want this place hush hush unless you tell them. Hell when i came i thought this was just a community of combo video makers, i had no idea there was a stigma relating to its secrecy.

Don't get me wrong i agree with you, i'd much rather this place not become some shitty random user infected forum. But like i said without being told it's easy to see why some people may think it's not a bad thing to mention this place outside these (proverbial) walls. & i personally don't think Snootch made the comment to wank off his e-penis.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Pokey86 wrote:i'd much rather this place not become some shitty random user infected forum.
Well, that won't happen as long as Maj has control over who gets to be a member, but if too many people tries to join, it could be a pain.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Do i really have to spell it out though? Everything we do here is very discreen and quiet. I mean i'm not treating this like some huge catastrophe or acting like we have to put Snoooootch on trial or anything, but talking about sh/f openly on u2b does seem pretty absurd to me.

Like seriously, you want that unruly mob knocking on our door? I'd say u2b is at least upper middle tier in terms of unruly mobs that i wouldn't want following me home.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Gamefaqs is top tier.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Maj wrote:There's not much to say. Don't talk about sh/f outside sh/f. Everything else is common sense. I guess i just don't understand why anyone feels the need to mention this forum anywhere else. If you want me to invite someone, let me know and i'll invite them. If they don't make combos then they aren't getting invited anyway, so they don't need to know. Simple as that, right?
#1 - The first rule of SH/F is, you do not talk about SH/F.

#2 - The second rule of SH/F is, you DO NOT talk about SH/F.

#3 - If someone says "that combo sucks!", "too old", "been in another CMV", the CMV is over.

#4 - Collab combo vids can have as many guests as you want.

#5 - One CMV at a time.

#6 - No hacked roms, no cheats.

#7 - CMV's will go on as long as they have to... but too long will be frowned upon.

#8 - If this is your first night at SH/F, you have to make a combo.

LOL, sorry, i had to say it. :P
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gp_OGiGVRA

I like the comment that I ended up placing on the info of the video. :)
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

^^I lol'd^^
Gamefaqs is top tier.
Amen.

& yes it seems crazy to you Maj, but you made this forum, you have your own intentions regaridng it. While i agree now, people you've invited here arn't instinctively going to know not to talk about it. Unless you changed it's name to "Secret combo maker forum"

But we're retreading ground here, so i'll get back on topic.

Blast from the Past #1 Just found this release on gamereplay from a while ago (stopped going to game replays after i stopped playing C&C) Well, i found it two weeks ago, just remebered it now.
Hailing from the south of London, England, this gentleman captured our attention with his enthusiasm - and with his dastardly (albeit exciting) disclaimer-requiring diction. Fortunately for us, he has made some excellent VoDs of classic match-ups leading up to the culmination of... (it rambles on)
Well, not really back on topic, Vods arn't combo videos, unless word play can be classed as combos... Though i swear alot.

God, this really is a blast from the past, i mean i remeber i loved doing these things... But listening to myself, i sound like a f*****g knob-head.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wait, you're actually serious about wanting me to send everyone a "Don't talk about sh/f outside of sh/f" message?

I mean do i really have to do that or are you just saying all this because you feel bad for Snoooootch? Because nothing's gonna happen to him. Nobody's making a big deal out of this; we just want him to delete that u2b comment and that's it.

I've always referred to sh/f as a private forum in my invite emails, i've always explained how membership was restricted and that it was probably never going to grow beyond 200 members, and there are at least three or four threads where it's reiterated. How much more obvious can i be? I'm a little shocked that i'm getting blamed for this.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Whoa, wait, what comment?

Oh!!!!!!!!!! Oh... I didn't realize it was going to be that big a deal. I deleted it... and I realize it was actually very dumb of me. I didn't realize I said so much. I was just excited about.. something. I can't recall what. But.. it will not happen again. Aaaand to be honest, I had no idea this forum was a secret. I just thought the 5th subforum was. . . (and if by mentioning a 5th subforum in this forum, am I saying too much?? Please let me know.. :( .. )

Oh, and I as for that certain comment, I was being as nice and friendly as I could to him. I really didn't mean to cause any trouble.
Last edited by Snoooootch on Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj I understand your frustration completely, but (initially at least) you came off as harsh. Actually, you've seemed a bit impatient on the forum in general, recently...and I know it's difficult managing this type of internet shenaniganery, as thing almost never go as planned. Anyway, maybe it's time to somehow make "Implicit Confidentiality Agreement" into a top sub-forum so it's impossible to miss. It might sound silly or obvious, but if people keep making slip-ups, I can't think of much else to do.

To those who never saw, there have been a few times where Maj or other people had to remind folks to take "sonichurricane forums" out of comments or videos..."sh/f" was used for the style exhibition title because it was pretty ambiguous...and Maj wanted to foreshadow the eventual expansion of the forum, as I understand it. But yeah, when you think about a lot of the totally unwarranted hate/misunderstanding combo makers/combo videos get...it wouldn't be good for the forum to get noticed. Especially if people see that it's exclusive in membership, they might become jealous.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i don't know what to say - i don't really want to do any of that. Guess we'll just keep doing what we're doing, and if carelessness happens again then we'll cope. Maybe it's getting too big to expect everyone to stay on the same page.

I don't want to write up a bunch of cheesy forum rules though, that's for sure.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Yeah i don't blame you for not wanting load of gay rules... & lol i'm not blaming you for snootches outburst... I'm just saying "Private" forum is ambiguous. I mean i am a member of Iberian Warriors.a forum where very skilled NG players discuss Karma Runs,tricks & naunces etc. However it is also a "private" forum that you have to get invited to. (I got in cause i made a weapon switch combo video for Ninja Gaiden Black) But he's not bothered about it not being talked about. If you think about it it's basically the same as this place, only more specifically for a single game as opposed to combo video creation.

I'm just saying if you don't tell people you don't want this talked about they won't know.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Hey I just wanted to make a small addition to this discussion. I've actually run into sh/f before I was invited, the public forums are to be found on Google, I think I once looked for hitbox data in games, and found this forum. I think that's okay for people to find out about, since there's some useful info on there even for the people not in the 'in' crowd. But if you really want ot that secretive, you should probably consider adding some thing so Google.com wont take it into its search results (that's possible right?) Or make every section private.