New Monster

video previews, releases, and feedback
Xenozip.

New Monster

Post by Xenozip. »

Ikusat has finished editing and compiling the new Monster video collaboration project.

There's a download for it here. And a mirror for it here (please use first link).

Personally I think it turned out really well. My only nitpick is the random transitions, although that's more than made up by the fact that they are quick and subtle. I'd also like to see more content, but then I always want more content. :B

On the plus side, Ikusat manages to once again choreograph things really well (video pace :: music pace). The text is easy to read and well placed. The cut-away was well timed and dramatic. It's simple and it's wonderful.

Funny story, I don't know if Ikusat was just fucking with me or not, but I'm really glad he ended up using a Kenji Kawai track for the BGM, and not "Let's Go Onmyoji" or "Very Melon" (phew).
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

Very Melon is the best song in the universe, followed shortly by Okusenman (Gomu Version).

N
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
ikusat

Post by ikusat »

If only I had discovered the magic that is Okusenman(gomu ver)...

Next video is definitely going to use all three songs, and it will be absolutley magical.

Now if I can only find a very melon mp3...
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

I liked the combos a lot. The editing was subtle, cus I hardly noticed an of it. That's a good thing most of the time. The music was combind very well with the action on screen. It felt like a story.

Anyway,
the combos in the second part of the vid during the 'credits' were those pre-update combos? I saw specials I don't recognise and the damage scaling seems... lax o_O
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

They were all from patch 1.01, the current latest patch. All the specials should look pretty much the same though, with the exception of Maya's who got a new portal and a new headstomp in 1.01.

As far as the damage scaling goes, the scaling in 1.01 is more strict but there's still certain rules you can exploit. A lot of throws and C attacks do very little scaling, and bash combos do no scaling, and anti-airs don't scale on the first hit either.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.