SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

video previews, releases, and feedback
Doopliss

Re: SF4 Biweekly TACV Series

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:I don't see why you guys gotta pick on me though.

: (
I meant I hate doing them myself, it's so hard to get the timing right.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's cool, i was just kidding. I like "Keepy Uppy" because it reminds me of Allen's old trial except without the clock, which we couldn't replicate without way too much work.

"Dirty Spammer" sounds fun too, but probably really easy. Although it might get really interesting if we add a rule like "once a move is used successfully, it can't be used as the basis of future solutions." That way the easy ones will get weeded out quickly.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

I used to love EX trial mode, it was far more varied than SFIV's.

I remeber i could only do one of the touch of fdeath combos manually... Garudas... (On SF EX 2 anyway)

Did anyone ever manage to complete the cones on SF EX 3, i think it was called the Giffu Danjin Sousyo or soemthing & it is like a manual execution meteor combo. I could never pull it off... (Was there two of them?)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:"Dirty Spammer" sounds fun too, but probably really easy. Although it might get really interesting if we add a rule like "once a move is used successfully, it can't be used as the basis of future solutions." That way the easy ones will get weeded out quickly.
I dunno, It would be easy if you only had to do L/M/H versions, then EX verison for hard mode. The only special move I can think of that will be easy to get all four versions with is Gouken's Gohadoken, and maybe DeeJay's Max Out, I dunno how the Medium and Heavy version works. Sakura may be able to get all four Shouokens as well.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, pretty much anyone with a projectile has a solid chance. Guile for sure. I bet Akuma can do it with air fireballs.

Maybe Viper can do it with Thunder Knuckles too. Sakura can do it for sure if you start with EX DP trade. I'm sure Ken has a way of doing it with juggles. Probably Akuma too, if you start with a non-knockdown one.

For a lot of people it's just a question of meter. Cody for example can FADC between Criminal Uppers and can even juggle EX version after LP version, so it's just about rebuilding that extra bar or trading to take care of the first one.

Rebuilding that meter isn't too hard either. I mean if you start with HP Criminal Upper and FADC right away, you're still at 100% in terms of scaling and you already have meter space to fill. Just use a lot of links and he'll probably get there.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Ken can do it with SRK's, pretty easily actually.

Focus -> HP SRK (Stage 2) -> LP SRK -> MP SRK -> EX SRK

can't get much simpler than that. Not to mention if you can lead them in to a stun you stand a chance
error1

Post by error1 »

how about this for a challenge
complete at least three SH SF4 Combo Challenge with one combo
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I just found an awesome 10% super solution with Dhalsim. I will use it in my next CV, then post it in the challenge as well if you decide to do it. It's based on my YOGA KNEE!!! video:

"Full Screen CH LP Fire (CH made it easier to record, not neccesary) -> Ultra -> PPP Teleport -> (LP fire connects) -> db.MP -> db.LP (Ultra bounce) -> db.MP (Ultra bounce) -> db.LP (Ultra bounce) -> db.MP -> c.LK xx Super."

Turbo is the poor man's programmable controller :P

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

^^Sounds Good i thought Dahlsim would be in the 10% somewhere, i haven't tested but i'd guess rose is also capable.^^
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I don't think rose can do it actually, her options are so limited without FADC. Then again, I kinda forgot about U2... XD But even with U2, I think it might prove a challenge to do a 10% super without FA.

Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

God, this song has such a great beat, I'm gonna make a song out of it.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:I don't think rose can do it actually, her options are so limited without FADC. Then again, I kinda forgot about U2... XD But even with U2, I think it might prove a challenge to do a 10% super without FA.

Soul Spark -> J.HK -> Ultra 2 -> HK -> Crouch LP -> Crouch LP -> Crouch LK -> Crouch MP -> LK Soul Spiral -> Super
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I should really study up on Rose's links. Btw, you can remove that Soul spark in the start and it will still be 10%.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Doopliss wrote:I should really study up on Rose's links. Btw, you can remove that Soul spark in the start and it will still be 10%.

I know, but i couldn't remember if you coudl do two LP's -> LK -> Crouch MP

there's not much to her, notable frame advantages are

Crouch LK = +4
Close MP = +4
EX Soul Spark = +4
HP Soul Spark = +6
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Ok, thanks.

error1

Re: SF4 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by error1 »

figured I'd do a quick chun primer to give you a head start
she can juggle with j.hp and headstops but it's not very useful because she has the wost jump in the game. Juggling with her ultra is very character dependent so if you're wondering why you can't do it you may need to switch dummies.
Her nj. hp is insane, 140 damage 300 stun, counts as one move for scaling. Damage and stun is only rivaled by zangief

For her links squeezing out +7 frames is key because that's the startup of he c.hp, ultra, and, c.hk

normal ways to do this are, meaty far lp ( easy vs a crouching char ), meaty c.lp ( probably too far to link a c.hp ), meaty Kikkoken ( you know the combo ), meaty lk lighting legs ( I've gotten meaty hk legs mid combo but never lk, keep an eye out tho ), and the 8th hit of mk legs ( you can do four hit hk legs and switch to mk for the next four hits )

so as you can see Chun loves the meat

her meaty sbk infinite is going to be her harder infinite to program because it's very range and character dependent
note that her super is only 2 frames so she can combo off of +2 frame moves like a non meaty mk. sbk with it, still no one is going to notice so probably not worth doing

things I'd try are,
have two hits of head stomp blocked, hit with third hit, into nj. hp, ground combo
some kind of meaty lp, c.hp, legs loop
stun Zangief or Honda, no idea if it's possible but stunning the 1050 stun Chun or Abel is fairly trivial for her
Maj

Post by Maj »

Honestly i've barely had time to work on Honda/Blanka, but thanks. I'm sure that info will come in handy as soon as i have time to look at Chun.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

So other than FA, what moves of Blanka's allow juggling? I've been working on it for the last 2 days, mostly up against dhalsim and Honda, but nothing I do seems to juggle. I tried a trade to Ultra with Blanka, but it's pretty hard to land the move when I'm not fully aware of the abstract rules with this game.
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

he can do lightning into super in the corner. Can probably juggle with super off a Blanka ball vs an airborne opponent in the corner. But yah he is the only character who's specials and normals have no juggle potential
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I guess maybe a trade during FA towards corner, SHOCK, Super. haha, lame. It needs something else. But if it is done with style. . . you can strike out the "lame." Well, I don't know about that.
error1

Post by error1 »

He might be able to do something like electricity, hits Dhaslims j.lp, FADC ultra but I doubt it because the Ultra takes a long time before it's first juggle frame
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Perhaps a cool auto correct caused by a juggle after dhalsims j.lp
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

mmmm I dont tested it, and I only want to suggest some possibilities... Do you think could be possible to use the forward+KKK in a combo, like after a good frame advantage hit with counter? It seems not possible, but if its possible, for sure someone here will connect it :)
And somebody have tried to interrupt the second (or the first) hit of U2 (ground)? Have juggle potencial, to connect it with maybe the Super?
error1

Post by error1 »

Tigre III wrote:possible to use the forward+KKK in a combo, like after a good frame advantage hit with counter? It seems not possible, but if its possible, for sure someone here will connect it :)
It's not possible. F+KKK is a 25 frame move, that means in order to combo after a move that move would have to cause at lest 29 frames of hit stun. No normal in the game causes that much, even on counter hit.
The problem is that the super like the ultra only gets juggle potential after it hits the ground. Seems like maj tried to trade with the first hit of the ultra because it doesn't cause them to leave the ground and seems to cause a lot of hitstun but I don't think he found anything good to do with it.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

25 frames? wow I dont know that move is too slow...
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Yes, but perhaps interrupting the ultra will allow for the super, like you said. It would have to be like, akuma with a fireball, or Sim with j.lp, or maybe gouken is you cancel after a slow fireball and to that quick jump in move he has that. The >v> kick move. I don't know if Gouken is quick enough to be hit by the ultra before the fireball interrupts Blanka's Ultra.
error1

Post by error1 »

Gouken doesn't have a slow fireball. Fireball setups are always best with rose.
The main problem is that Blanka is invincible for the rising part of the ultra
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hm, Blanka has this weird useless thing that's annoying me at the moment. If you do close s.HK with his back to the corner, the flip pushes him off the wall and he ends up taking a step forward. You can do this against an opponent at point blank range and end up noticeably closer than you would midscreen. The problem is close s.HK gives -1, so is it really worth it to set up a counterhit/meaty to show off something so minor?
error1

Post by error1 »

IDK how hard are you hurting for combos? It's cool, but the most you can do with it is something like cl.hk, cl. mp, far hk right? Think you can do cl. hk, cl.hk super? because that might make it more obvious.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Not exactly hurting, but Blanka turned into a bunch of short combos so it wouldn't exactly seem out of place. I was thinking more along the lines of meaty s.HK, s.MK, s.HK if possible. But then you can't do anything because far s.HK isn't cancelable. (Incidentally, far s.HK also doesn't push Blanka out of the corner like close s.HK does.)