Why do people give me random Guile toys?

stay up to date on what's going on
Maj

Why do people give me random Guile toys?

Post by Maj »

So, i was looking through some storage boxes that i hadn't opened in a while and i realized that people give me kind of a lot of random Guile garbage. Figured i'd share.

This is a keychain that someone must have bought for me cuz i sure as hell don't remember buying it:

SF2 Guile Key Chain

Someone actually bought the American SF Cartoon DVD for me. As you can see, it's still sealed because i fear unleashing it upon the world:

Street Fighter Code of Honor DVD front | Street Fighter Code of Honor DVD back | Street Fighter Code of Honor DVD angle

I guess omni thought it would be funny to get me a Guile mask which is totally not authentic anyway cuz it has eyebrows:

Guile mask front | Guile mask angle | Guile mask back

And finally, MrWizard got me a Guile J.I.Joe figure, but i can't remember where i put it. Maybe i lost it. Apparently that particular version of Guile came exclusively with the Sonic Boom Tank. If those plastic missles don't strike fear into the hearts of those evil capitalist mercenaries DeeJay and Sagat, well then, i don't believe there are any plastic missles that can.

Man i really need to get rid of this stuff. But if i do, even the garbageman will laugh at me.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

...the garbage man will laugh at me.

If you really don't like it, and i can't imagine why not..you can sell it on ebay or something. Seriously, those are so cool, just do what ZachD did and buy shelves for all of them and put them on display and change your car's license plate to "SNCBOOM". :D
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

That Guile keychain is the shit. Don't you dare throw it away, at least donate it to Goodwill or something.

Why don't you ask them why they do it? They probably just had it, realized they didn't want it, and sent it to you.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Clearly none of the good people at Placo Products Co. have ever played Street Fighter before, or Ryu wouldn't be low blocking Ken's jump kick. Damn shame too, cuz that company claims to be located in Los Angeles so i can't even make an elitist home town pride remark.

I guess the Guile figure itself is cool but as a keychain? Keys take up enough room in my pocket without me carrying around an extra toy everywhere i go.

In fact the whole thing is a paradox. Keychain toys are for kids but kids don't have keys. There's maybe a one year period of time where kids get to have house keys before they become adults. How can a whole industry be based on selling products to a one-year age span? I guess there's always room on the car mirror but then why don't they call them mirror chains?
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

For girls. 'Cause you know, they all love Street Fighter.

N - You should see the shit people send ME.

PS: It's a whole bunch of NOTHIN'.

PPS: Except that awesome DVD!
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj wrote:-snip-
You're totally focusing on the key potentiality of it far too much. It can hook on to anything. Backpack, bicycle, console controller cord (stick/pad), pants, cellphone, hair (with elastic band assist), wallet chain, ear (if you gauge them), leather jacket (if you ware one). And you could totally hang it from your rear-view mirror.

Keys would be the last place I'd put it. Too big, wouldn't fit in pocket.

And if I lost my keys that'd be like a double wammy, lost my keys AND my damn Guile. D:
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Yeah, doug's right, I think it's just a bad name..."Key"chains can go anywhere. Even the guile cave
Maj

Post by Maj »

You know what? I'm convinced. My Guile keychain rocks.

However, that mask has got to go. It's too difficult storing that thing cuz it takes up a lot of space and it will get crushed if i put it under or behind anything. And it's damn ugly.

Any takers? I'll pay for shipping.
Maj

Post by Maj »

The plot thickens ...
Confrontation with the source of the mask wrote:Maj: i am trying to auction off your guile mask but it's not working
Maj: http://combovid.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=89
omni: OMG
omni: you are such a hater
omni: i gave you that key chain also
Maj: haha
Maj: dude
Maj: i like the keychain now
Maj: xenozip convinced me to like it
Maj: but the mask
Maj: omg it doesn't fit anywhere!
Maj: and it keeps trying to get crushed
Maj: and i keep having to save it, but sacrificing storage space
omni: where else are you going to find a guile mask!?!?
omni: OOP bitches
omni: i want a retraction
omni: you better post saying that i gave you the keychain also
You know what? The gloves are off! I hereby challenge omni to a money match at Evo! Race to 20, in Cee Vee Ess ONE!!! Winner gets TWO AMERICAN DOLLARS and loser has to keep the Guile mask! Then anytime the winner wants to wear the Guile mask, the loser has to bring it out of storage in near mint condition or better. If the Guile mask gets crushed while in the loser's possession, the loser has to get a new one custom-made using only the finest leftover piñata pieces and the absolute top of the line paints purchased from the most reputable flea market in the area.
laugh

Post by laugh »

Maj wrote:The plot thickens ...
Confrontation with the source of the mask wrote:Maj: i am trying to auction off your guile mask but it's not working
You know what? The gloves are off! I hereby challenge omni to a money match at Evo! Race to 20, in Cee Vee Ess ONE!!! Winner gets TWO AMERICAN DOLLARS and loser has to keep the Guile mask! Then anytime the winner wants to wear the Guile mask, the loser has to bring it out of storage in near mint condition or better. If the Guile mask gets crushed while in the loser's possession, the loser has to get a new one custom-made using only the finest leftover piñata pieces and the absolute top of the line paints purchased from the most reputable flea market in the area.
Too good. Do this shit on the stage. Forget marvel, it's all about guile masks now.
CC that shit
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

First to 20 in CvS1? That'll be the longest money match in history. Maybe you'll get your own whole DVD in the Evo collection.

Mike Z
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Mike Z wrote:First to 20 in CvS1? That'll be the longest money match in history. Maybe you'll get your own whole DVD in the Evo collection.

Mike Z
fuck that, I don't want to wait 9 months for that.

the match itself will take 3 months. may as well watch xvsf combos

thats more of an endurance challange.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Maj wrote:The plot thickens ...
Wait can I get in on this? I don't know how the hell I'd make it work. But I'm a straight up killah at cvs 1. At least in my own mind. But anyway, I'll play you for the guile mask!

Oh and just so you can practice my team will be

Ex Benimaru, King, Ken. Bet it.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, i'm not so sure that omni is down for the 90 hours of CvS1. If you're gonna be at Evo, i'm down to play you for a dollar a match until one of us runs out of money or one of us falls asleep, whichever comes first. But just so it's clear, we're not playing for the Guile mask. We're playing against it.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Looked through some old file backups a couple of days ago and happened to find this: the Guile Futon. At one point (quite a few years ago), i needed a couch and my parents offered to take care of it. Somehow they ended up getting that one. Totally random. What can i say?
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Haha, cool.

Can't wait for the money match at Evo 8)

I used to have a ton of SF2 keychains but I can't believe I lost them...I dont remember what happened to them : (. Ugh. If I ever find them I'll make sure to post them up.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6IT8Xizw ... ed&search= it says guile but its more like charlie.