ST: Cammy Air Spin Drive Smasher

talk about how great training mode is
jchensor

ST: Cammy Air Spin Drive Smasher

Post by jchensor »

There was a video that showed Cammy, in Super Turbo, doing a Spin Drive Smasher from the air. Anyone have any idea how that was done? Is it only some special home version? Or a broken emulator version?
Maj

Post by Maj »

jchensor: I do not know. Maybe some of our other forum regulars will chime in with the answer. Anyone?
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I'm going to try this out on emulator later on tonight when I have nothing to do for awhile at work. Has anyone looked at the other Vids he's got from SF2? The Crazy car stage ones? It looks to me sort of like the because of the box just barely being on screen the game thinks Cammy has landed before she has? Something to do with loss of trip guard? That could be why he is jumping back you may have too Kara-Cancel into it? Though that doesn't seem right either.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

So I tried forever to do this with no luck. But I'm pretty sure it's possible on the normal game cause a couple of times while testing, I got the right position and as cammy fel she seem to wait for a split second before falling. But maybe I was crazy. I'm thinking you need to kara into the super this split (prolly 1-2 frame) instance but I could be wrong.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Here's the link to the video in question:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVDN-vQHlHE

Unfortunately it's a blurry youtube video so we can't just move forward frame by frame to see what's up. He might be kara-canceling something or doing something on the ground before he jumps. A couple of people have asked him how it's done but he hasn't replied.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=bentoudairi

desk: Seems like he's a fan of your videos so maybe if you ask nicely he'll share his secret dark hadou technique.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Half of me says this is totally fake, just 'cause it's so easy to do with an emulator, and 'cause that nigga didn't reply to my message. I even had the courtesy to write in both English AND Japanese...:x

But the other half of me thinks this is could actually be legit, 'cause all his other vids look legit.

I dunno, but I've e-mailed T-Akiba to get his take on it. I'll post his reply here.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

yeah it is really easy to do with an emulator, but why would he bother to do all that jumping back? He could have just turned on easy supers as well!
desk

Post by desk »

NKI: do you mean you could get the exact same effect using emulator cheats? I have a distinct lack of experience with them. I did think it was real and could be explained by random randomness in ST. So it could be tool assited but the exact same input only works every so often (I remember hearing about certain combos that weren't 100% reliable). However he might have just thrown that vid onto his youtube account to be annoying. And did all that jumping back stuff to be extra annoying. I really hope it turns out to be real though, something new found in ST this long after it's release would be pretty awesome.

alternatively, he could be playing this version.
http://super-movies.com/mv/sks-reinbo-.htm

also I think that's me subscribing to his vids, not the other way round majestros. I got all excited and everything.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sorry desk, i am a youtube scrub. I think pretty much all of my videos have already been uploaded to youtube by other people, so i never had a reason to register an account for myself.

That hacked ST video is crazy. I've never seen that version before. That game could definately use some Alpha Counters.

Anyway i think we're good, now that detective T.Akiba is on the case.
Last edited by Maj on Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Wow. I originally posted this question as a simple forum post test. ^_^ Wasn't expecting to get a real discussion out of it, but I am most certainly glad I am!!! I honestly would like to get to the bottom of the whole thing. ^_^ But I'm willing to chalk it up to an emulator thing.

- James
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

desk wrote:NKI: do you mean you could get the exact same effect using emulator cheats? I have a distinct lack of experience with them. I did think it was real and could be explained by random randomness in ST. So it could be tool assited but the exact same input only works every so often (I remember hearing about certain combos that weren't 100% reliable). However he might have just thrown that vid onto his youtube account to be annoying. And did all that jumping back stuff to be extra annoying. I really hope it turns out to be real though, something new found in ST this long after it's release would be pretty awesome.

alternatively, he could be playing this version.
http://super-movies.com/mv/sks-reinbo-.htm

also I think that's me subscribing to his vids, not the other way round majestros. I got all excited and everything.
That doesn't seem like a revison so much as having all these random cheats turned on in an emulator. Like that zangief standing jab thing. I was messing with emulators one time and if you turn on air specials basically the game says in the air = standing. But there is no pushback, so zangief gets to combo you forever in the air with standing jab.... sweet. Or not.

the weirdest thing was I had some of the cheats turned on, I don't remember which and then computer fei long threw me, and I caught on fire! I have never been able to replicate that but man was it funny.
NKI

Post by NKI »

T.Akiba wrote:以前見たことがあります。
エミュかPS2のチートでしょう。
Translation: Yeah, I've seen that video before. It's prolly just an emu or PS2 cheat.
desk

Post by desk »

this seems as good a place as any. did anyone else know about this?

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=129017

go to page 2 and 3. Giefs glitch reversal kick SPD works in ST. I think it only works with O. gief and only with roundhouse (as oppose to forward in super I think). Plus I think it's only the world version (not SSF2X). So, am I the last person to find this out or is it new? I already had a few idea's knocking around using the glitch in super but now I'm going to try and come up with some interesting ST things.
NKI

Post by NKI »

That's new, and probably the reason why nobody found it before is because the World version is so rare.

That is bizarre that it is done with RH now instead of Forward...
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

What the heck?

What regions have the "World" version? Is that different from the American version? I never really can keep clear what all the versions of these things are.

- James
desk

Post by desk »

yeah, I'd be interested to know in which regions the actual arcade cab was common place. And if anyone used to abuse this in some random part of the world back in the day, lol. Also, do you think if cammy's air super is actually possible, it might also be in this version?
Toxy

Post by Toxy »

I really doubt it, its just a cheat where you can do air moves.
I tested it myself and i got the exact same result as in the video.
NKI

Post by NKI »

There are three version of ST: Japanese, American, and World. The "World" version was for all countries excluding Japan, USA, Central and South America, and Canada.

Makes you wonder if they changed anything else in the world version...
laugh

Post by laugh »

Well, just for documentations sake, there's at least 1 more region for ST; Asia. That's the version of my ST board. I know ST was installed at every hole-in-the-wall arcade as well as the huge arcades back in the day when it came out in Korea. That's gotta be at least 5000 boards in sales.

I'm curious if the glitch works in the latest FBA or Mame, because he did the glitch on a pretty outdated version of mame.

BTW, the American version of ST seems like the only version to offer freeplay option in the settings, Asian version doesn't have freeplay either.
CC that shit
laugh

Post by laugh »

I just remembered something odd that NKI mentioned in an ST thread on srk. It was about how chun's close s.fierce meaty cannot be reversal thrown. I did a test in Kawaks with frame stepping to see if it was actually true and lo and behold, I threw Chun out of her meaty s.fierce attempt. I made sure my meaty timing was good and everything and I still reversal threw her with Sim. I have recorded input file to back it up too if you wanna see it, NKI.

I considered the idea that you might've jokingly said it to imply how hard it is to reversal throw, but I remember you actually using it on people's wake up at evo2k5.
CC that shit
Maj

Post by Maj »

Maybe it's a weird range thing. Like maybe her throwable hitbox moves back while she's in the middle of that move. Dhalsim has good throw range in that game. Have you tried it using someone with crappy or average throw range?
laugh

Post by laugh »

I just tried it with Sagat and O.Sagat and he can reversal throw the meaty. I was using the American 940223 version, and when I tried with the Japanese version, the results were the same.
CC that shit
Maj

Post by Maj »

NKI ... you got some 'splainin' to do!
NKI

Post by NKI »

laugh wrote:I just remembered something odd that NKI mentioned in an ST thread on srk. It was about how chun's close s.fierce meaty cannot be reversal thrown.
Wah? I'm pretty sure that's not what I said, because I know you can reversal throw Chun's st.Fierce.

However, I did say that every once in a while (maybe like one out of 20 or so?) doing a reversal throw against a meaty is impossible, and I used Chun's meaty st.Fierce as one example. (I also used Boxer's meaty TAP as an example.)