Street Fighter V Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
pepopulo

Re: Street Fighter V Combo Engine Investigation

Post by pepopulo »

Yeah some stuff is really complicated and weird, let me explain some stuff:
-The first Laura combo wasn't THAT special, there's a glitch where if you kara cancel Laura ex command grab into super she'll retain the ex flash, and when she's poisoned she looks even weirder (but I think that youyube compressor screw me up a bit there),and you can see her regular ex flash almost at the end of the combo
-In the 2nd Luara combo, I think thatif you armor a hit the same frame that Luara ex elbow hits you surpass the hitstun and gain more frame advantage, like in SF4 with Rog, but I'm not 100% sure
-In the first Alex combo, if you do a v trigger the same frame the opponnene does a super the camera acts a bit weird
-In the bison combo only the las hit of Inferno rise jp, so you can do another j.mp or do a reset like hit st.lp dash on the other side and do wethever,also, it's necesary for the first ex inferno to miss the last hit,so you can do another one into ex kicks
-The third alex combo I found that if you trade Alex v trigger with a fireball the opponent will be invincile for a short period of time, so you can whiff normals in between
-In the ken combo only the 2nd hit of the ex fireball rises jp, so you can do that kind of stuff
-Ibuki's air kunai doesn't rise jp, neiher does her bomb, so you can do long juggles with her like that one

I think that's all?
Thanks everyone for the kind words btw,really appreciate it
Nueva tecnología!!!
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Superb combo video, well above the baseline standard for SFV. That ibuki combo was ace, among others.

---

Random stuff

Cammie's razers edge slice has increased rise on counter hit, can link in to super or V-Spiral arrow mid screen

pretty sure Cammie's stand roundhouse has higher JP than the rest of her normals
HarlequinRogue

Post by HarlequinRogue »

Guys in my playgroup showed me this Ibuki combo vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRzX-yjTe8Q

Very low views so don't think he is well known. Might be some interesting stuff for you people that are interested in Ibuki!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

And now it's gone. Dang copyright BS.

EDIT: Wait, is it this one? If so, he stole it from him, which explains why it got taken down: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijLYikerV8

It's a nice video, problem is the second half of the video is all about V-Trigger combos that are completely techable.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Does anyone else think it's weird that hit sparks and VFX pause during superfreeze and V-Trigger activation but the character still animates?

I mean this was never a problem in old 2D games because both characters stopped animating, but now it's trendy to use fancy superfreeze animations. It really caught my attention during this Cammy combo because it doesn't seem like she should be able to freeze time and still jump onto (imaginary) walls.

I mean in 2D games, superfreeze always seemed like something caused by the game for the viewers, like seeing slow motion replay or freeze frame in sports. But now it seems like something caused by the characters, which seems out of character. I dunno, suddenly just seems odd to me.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I other words, fuck this game!

Jk, but, meh, I don't like it.
Making no profit since 1987...
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

What's up with Ibuki's bombs? I was under the belief they maintain juggle potential. But if you do whatever in to

Crouch HP -> Medium Fuse Bomb -> HP -> EX SRK -> All the Kunai's -> EX Rush Punch -> (bomb hits) -> You seem to be able to 2 hits of the SRK, 2nd hit of back MP or normal rush punch.

All of which arn't possible. if you tried to replace the first EX rush punch

That said if you do

Antying -> Small fuse bomb -> SRK -> Back MP

Both hits of the back MP hits.

So this means it doesn't reset or maintain, it reduces?

lol
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Something like that, yes. Honestly I've given up on trying to figure juggle values out, I'll just go on intuition for this game until someone data dumps it.

pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Atually, I found Ibuki's jp soon after she was released (I think that all of them are accurate)
The most important stuff:
-all versions of releasing all kunais (aereal and grounded) doesn't add jp, if they hit a grounded enemy they'll leave them at 1jp (normal jp, only stuff like dp or other specials will hit)
regular air kunai doesn't increase it either,leaves grounded opponent grounded, frame advantage depends on height and spacing

-ex kunai's explosion leaves at 2 jp,has 6 jp,adds 1 jp

-bomb leaves at free juggle state and doesn't add jp, this means that any move will hit, if you combine this with both aereal kunais and kunais releases not adding jp you can get some mixups like bomb, release kunai, any normal into command dash/other bomb/anything you want

-the starter of her aereal target combos, if done from her hk command dash, will leave aereal opponents on a juggle state, they increase jp normally tho, and both hits of both tatget combos have 8 jp , but only if done from the command dash

-v skil has 4 non charged and 7 charged,this means that you can do stuff like lp mp hp ex kunai, walk a bit, max charged v skill for some v meter,sadly hitting the v skill without releasing the 2nd bomb won't give you any v meter

-1st hit of b.MP has 1 jp and leaves on a 2jp juggle state airbone opponents, adds 2 jp if hits a juggles opponent, 2nd hit and has 3 jp, resetes the enemy

-f.HK seems to have 2jp

-All kazegiris except ex have 1,2 and 3 jp on the 1st,2nd and 3rd hit respectively, ex has 5, all of them, but only the last one rises jp (adds 6 jp)

-all the kunais of the kunai release seems to have at least 8 jp

-BOTH regular Radia AND Ex Radia seems to reset jp to 3jp (wtf??) this means that if you do a long ass juggle, end with ex raida, and then the bomb hits afterwards you can continue with a lot of stuff (v skill, b.mp for a reset...)

-regular grounded kunai has 2 jp too, can't confirm ex

- air kunai has 4 jp

- raida has 3 jp

- ex raida has at least 8 jp

-super has at least 8 jp
Nueva tecnología!!!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

IIRC I found situations where I could do nothing but kunai release (directly after bomb no less), which is why I didn't trust your data when I saw it on SRK. If it's not 100% accurate then I can't trust it unless I want to risk overlooking things that are actually possible (Or spend hours on somehting that isn't).

pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Uhm,that doesn't contradict my data, EX Kazegiri leaves them at 6 jp, AIR ex kunai's explosion increases jp by 5, EX Raida has at least 8 jp (actually 8,9 or 10), super and kunai release have AT LEAST 8 jp (more, after seeing that, at least 11 I guess), it's just that i didn't test air ex kunai's jp because I had trouble creating a consistent situation where only the explosion hitted the opponent and I could test more stuff, but about 2 days ago I found some setups and such, I didn't update the chart because i thought that no one would care tbh lol,still, I've been updating it and correcting some minor stuff, I guess I'll put the new one here

-all versions of releasing all kunais (aereal and grounded) doesn't add jp, if they hit a grounded enemy they'll leave them at 1jp (normal jp, only stuff like dp or other specials will hit)
regular air kunai doesn't increase it either,leaves grounded opponent grounded, frame advantage depends on height and spacing

-ex kunai's explosion leaves at 2 jp,has 6 jp,adds 1 jp

-air ex kunai's explosion leaves at 3jp, has at least 10jp, adds 5 jp

-bomb leaves at free juggle state and doesn't add jp, this means that any move will hit, if you combine this with both aereal kunais and kunais releases not adding jp you can get some mixups like bomb, release kunai, any normal into command dash/other bomb/anything you want

-the starter of her aereal target combos, if done from her hk command dash, will leave aereal opponents on a juggle state, they increase jp normally tho, and both hits of both tatget combos have 8 jp , but only if done from the command dash

-v skil has 4 non charged and 8 charged,this means that you can do stuff like lp mp hp ex kunai, walk a bit, max charged v skill for some v meter,sadly hitting the v skill without releasing the 2nd bomb won't give you any v meter

-1st hit of b.MP has 1 jp and leaves on a 2jp juggle state airbone opponents, adds 2 jp if hits a juggles opponent, 2nd hit and has 3 jp, resetes the enemy

-f.HK have 2jp

-j.MP has 3jp

-All kazegiris except ex have 1,2 and 3 jp on the 1st,2nd and 3rd hit respectively, ex has 2,4,4 and 5, but only the last one rises jp (adds 6 jp),seems like if the 2nd hit doesn't connect the special animation of her doing to kicks in the air doesn't play out, meaning that if only the last hit connects she can't cancel it into ex kunai or kunair releases

-all the kunais of the kunai release seems to have at least 11 jp

-BOTH regular Radia AND Ex Radia seems to reset jp to 3jp

-regular grounded kunai has 2 jp too, ex kunai has 7 jp

- air kunai has 4 jp

- raida has 3 jp

- ex raida has at least 8 jp,nut no more than 10

-super has at least 11 jp

-Air and ground versions of Ex kunai's kunai doesn't add jp
PS translating this stuff from Spanish takes more time than i thought
Last edited by pepopulo on Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nueva tecnología!!!
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

If back mp is jp1 JP2

Kazugiri is jp1 JP2 jp3

Bomb maintains juggle

Then

Kazugiri -> bomb -> back mp (1st hit)

Shouldn't work

I don't think raids is resetting the hp, I think it's the bomb

----

Good job though, a lot of that seems pheasible... Just never certain with this fucking game

Edit... You are right, Rush punch is resetting it to jp3... Still doesn't explain Kazugiri to back mp after bomb... Only answer is that normal Kazugiri only adds 1 total to jp for all hits
Last edited by Pokey86 on Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

pepopulo wrote:Uhm,that doesn't contradict my data
I guess not, I just read "at least 8" as "8", sorry. Still, going on intuition is the only way I can get these videos done, otherwise I won't have the energy. Getting a Juri video out is gonna be the hardest one yet though since people have already explored her for a month, I haven't kept track, and she doesn't seem like the most open-ended combo character.

pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Yeah the fact that is incredibly hard to find juggle points in this game plus that it's so combo restrictive makes a lot of stuff harder than they need to be, I'm also out of the Juri/Urien loop, only saw a couple of vids on Venom' channel about urien's reflector, but that's prety much it, being a ps4 user is a struggle with things like this
Pokey86 wrote:If back mp is jp1 JP2

Kazugiri is jp1 JP2 jp3

Bomb maintains juggle

Then

Kazugiri -> bomb -> back mp (1st hit)

Shouldn't work

I don't think raids is resetting the hp, I think it's the bomb

----

Good job though, a lot of that seems pheasible... Just never certain with this fucking game

Edit... You are right, Rush punch is resetting it to jp3... Still doesn't explain Kazugiri to back mp after bomb... Only answer is that normal Kazugiri only adds 1 total to jp for all hits
Only the last hit of her dp launches the opponent,that's why it works,EX dp launches on first hit tho
Nueva tecnología!!!
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Yeah you're right

Mika's MP & HP Ass Dive when when hitting a standing opponent increases the JP to JP3, but her LP one only causes SKD
Maj

Post by Maj »

Random question: Does anyone know how SF5's replays work? I'm shocked that you can still watch replays from several versions ago. How is that old information (and old assets) accessed?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:Random question: Does anyone know how SF5's replays work? I'm shocked that you can still watch replays from several versions ago. How is that old information (and old assets) accessed?
IIRC SFIV stored balance updates in separate folders, if SFV does the same the game should be able to access only the appropriate folder(s) when needed.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh crazy. Anyone know if that's actually the case with SF5? I looked through the SF5 folder on my PC and couldn't find anything like SF4's patch folders. Maybe they just did a better job of hiding that stuff this time around?

Also does anyone know who TOOLASSISTED actually is or what country he/she lives in or anything about him/her? Pretty interesting dude(tte).
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Sadly I have no idea, since I only own the PS4 version of SFV. I have no idea who TA is, but maybe FrameTrapped knows. I could ask him if you really want to know.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

If you dash 7 times then do Akumas HP Target combo followed immiately by V-Trigger LP SRK against Akuma (Might work with others) the SRK misses the 1st bonus hit & hits the final hit in the air causing a huge Rising animation not unlike his super... It looks very comboable but nothing appears to be hitting after.

The 7 dashes is just to keep akuma in close range.

I also skipped the third hit of SRK by doing HK Tatsu -> V-Trigger -> LP SRK but it's alot more finnicky

On a glance i imagine Akumas V Trigger SRK has the highest JP of all his moves, so perhaps we're unlucky the last hits skyrockets the juggle count. Which would be par the course for ruining combos in this fucking game. Even his OTG Overhead doesn't work after it
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Is it known that Rashid can do his Wind Enhanced attacks with his normal projectile? If you position the opponent in the corner & do the HK or EX wind projectile followed by rolle then the projectile while hitting the opponent will also enhance Rashids attacks

For example you can do

Crouch HP (Counterhit but not CC) -> EX Wind Projectile -> EX Wind Enhanced Dragon Punch -> EX Dive Kick

didn't realise myself Rashid was able to do his wind attacks outside of v trigger.

Also, i made a combo video
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Nice video, some fun/cool/interesting stuff in there for sure, like the mika j.MP after Irish Whip.

I used the Rashid projectile enhance in my Combo Hunter video, where I had to get enhanced EX kick to be able to juggle with j.MP afterwards.

Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Yikes, Abigail's execution is pretty tough for SFV. Frame perfect charge releases aren't made easier by the fact that you have no good visual or auditory cue, input buffer messes with your muscle memory, and I think different punches have different timings (If I'm reading the frame data correctly f.HP requires 12f and the rest 10f).

onReload

Post by onReload »

I was only like 5 minutes in, but yeah during trials I was like, whoa, there'sslightly charged HP moves? I would figure it to be binary, uncharged or charged, and like you said, there's no obvious indicator when you're half-charged up or whatever it is.
HarlequinRogue

Post by HarlequinRogue »

So what's the state of SFV combo making these days? Plenty of updates, characters etc but I haven't seen much combo material and silly unpractical stuff.

https://youtu.be/vCFbfSYcumU?t=69

Found this Juri combo after super very cool
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

SFV Seems to be in a decent place rn, Any time I lab in it I find some fun stuff. Problem is that I'm just not attached to the game at all so I have no motivation to really crunch it. Because frame advantage is limited and all dummies are basically the same, your main source of combo depth is complex set-ups, and I don't have a good enough picture of your trade tools to make that interesting. A lot of VTs are way stronger trade options than anything SFIV ever had, honestly makes me kinda jealous sometimes :lol:

Also doesn't help that the YT algorithm is worse than ever for high-effort content like Combo Videos. Now it focuses more on short, instant-gratification type content on top of the typical daily content dump uploaders. Channels with different types of content confuse it too so it's not like you can get away with filling your channel with other stuff to boost your channel either.