Random Cool Stuff 2014

stay up to date on what's going on
onReload

Random Cool Stuff 2014

Post by onReload »

http://www.polygon.com/a/street-fighter ... /chapter-3

On this page: Programmer for Guile talks about how he felt when he first saw the "magic throw"
Maj

Re: Random Cool Stuff 2014

Post by Maj »

That whole article is incredible, especially the first three pages where they're talking about their original design inspirations/goals and the transition from SF2WW to CE/HF. It's good to finally know who was responsible for making Street Fighter 2 special in the ways we care about.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah I really loved it. It was interesting to read how much of an American influence was there.

I really wanted it to keep going - talk about Super/ST, who carried over to Alpha, etc.

God DAMN I would read an SF3 article
Maj

Post by Maj »

Does anyone know where this video came from?

The King of Fighters 97 - 98 Supercombos with Anime

Was it a bonus feature in an old KoF console port? Was it entirely fan-made? (I'd be shocked if that was the case.)
krusan

Post by krusan »

This vid is from King of Fighters Kyo. IIRC it´s a japanese exclusive kind of RPG for psx.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Guardians of the Galaxy was awesome! Then again i loved cosmic Marvel since before comic book movies became watchable, so i may be a bit biased. Can't wait for the next one!
error1

Post by error1 »

I really liked it. I was telling my gf the premise, and was all like, the hq is on knowhere in the head of a celestial with a russian space dog, but there is no way that makes the movie.
Didn't like what they did to ronan, but it was a good movie
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

*Spoilers ahead*

It was a great movie. I like that the character development was structured over simply, their emotional backgrounds. Starlord and his mom, Rocket and his horrible past as a guinea pig, and people calling him inferior names like Vermon and Rodent, Groot's simple emotions (although his plethora of knowledge isn't explained at all), Gamora wanting to be a good person, and Drax, whom is the guy that LEARNs emotions throughout the movie after being dictated by one single emotion. I really wanted to see Nova and was blown away by Howard Duck!
Making no profit since 1987...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah, not seeing Nova was the one thing that disappointed me too. But i guess it would be too hard to give him a cameo without detracting from the story too much. At least they had the Nova Corps in general, even though they were mostly cannon fodder.

I agree that killing off Ronan was a bit of a waste, but i think they wanted to set up a scary villain and saying he's killed millions of people basically makes him irredeemable. I was impressed with how cool they made him look though. His original design is definitely a comic-book-only look. (I also think they did a great job with Hawkeye, but Thor still looks pretty goofy. Cap looks alright i guess.)

I hope we get to see more of Knowhere and Cosmo in the next one.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah I was really in love with Ronan's design here. Good voicework too, it is a shame that his character is a bit bland.

To me, it is obvious that Rocket stole the show. Chris Pratt as Star-Lord was really good, such a great fit for this type of project - and I think I've read that the guy has put on/lost a combined total of like 200 pounds in the last few years.
error1

Post by error1 »

I was just upset they made Ronan into a boring one dimensional terrorist. Comic Ronan is basically the second in command of the krees, more like a judge dread type of character. And the idea of the Krees being at war with Xandar was pretty silly, basically just for efficient movie storytelling I think.
Maj

Post by Maj »

So Marvel announced their movie lineup all the way out to May 2019. That's crazy!

What if you have a terminal illness with only 3 years to live, and you really want to see the Infinity Gauntlet movie? How messed up is that? I can't remember seeing anything like this before. Maybe the Harry Potter series? Although they never announced dates. So weird ...
onReload

Post by onReload »

Dunno about the audiences, but those actors' contracts could probably pull them out of the grave. I can't imagine signing something like that. Like, Weird Al signed a 14 album recording contract. Took him 32 years to get out of it, and we now find out he doesn't even like the idea of making full albums...how long has that been the case?

I can't imagine watching Robert Downey Jr. in Infinity War Part II and not thinking, "that guy must fucking hate this job."
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

Django (1966), Django 2 (1987). The sequel was made in view of a commercial revival of the Italo-western cinema.
error1

Post by error1 »

https://youtu.be/nMxB9Ve0fbw
just found these ufc glitch videos, could not stop laughing
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Having never played the game or barely heard of it, i have to say...

... That was pretty funny
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, that was hilarious. The wizard line got me. Good find!
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

He needs to completly ignore the laws of physics and just stand straight up

I died
Nueva tecnología!!!
HarlequinRogue

Post by HarlequinRogue »

What do people think of Smash 'Combo' vids?

I played in a tourney the other day and I stumbled upon this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSC3TE3yaI

I kind of object to the use of the word 'combo' for most smash vids. Due to DI and other factors, alot of combos aren't guaranteed and it feels like a lot more of an oki game, albeit in the air. I guess the SF comparison would be doing SFA combos and not having the dummy recover and going ham.