My KoF XIII junk

video previews, releases, and feedback
Persona

My KoF XIII junk

Post by Persona »

Going to put all my KoF XIII junk in here.

Here's the second HD mode and 1 power gauge combo in the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKNsnDTFSPU

Hwa Jai combo video will have 100% HD combos starting from 1 power gauge all the way to 5, stun combos, double stun combos and max damage starting from no power gauge and using whatever extra gauges I obtain. Keeping these notes here in case I forget.
Persona

Re: My KoF XIII junk

Post by Persona »

Combo starting with 100% drive and no power gauge (obtains 2 power gauges in the combo):

jp C xx qcb B, d B, C xx df B xx dp D xx qcb B, backstep dp B, backstep dp B, dp D xx qcb D, qcb D (4 hits), backstep dp B, backstep dp B, qcf A, qcf A, qcfx2 BD

The d B and the df B at the beginning lowers the overall damage but I need it to get the 2nd power gauge.

843 damage
Persona

Post by Persona »

Here's Hwa Jai's KO combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCV2WhiORi8

7/12 combos finished. Missing non drunk stun, double stun and HD mode two power gauges 100% combo.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Hwa Jai completed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om2V8QRpuxo

Instead of 12 combos, I decided for 10 since I felt the video was more than long enough and the two leftover combos really didn't have any highlights.
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

.....awesome video, man.....Hwa Jai is one my favorite in Kof XIII and you really did him justice in this.....I'm kind of in a non-creative mindset right now for a month or so, but this video really inspired me.....I might do another video for Hwa Jai focusing on the stuff you didn't focus on.....:P.....once again nice stuff man, I really loved it.....
Persona

Post by Persona »

ihate_00 wrote:.....awesome video, man.....Hwa Jai is one my favorite in Kof XIII and you really did him justice in this.....I'm kind of in a non-creative mindset right now for a month or so, but this video really inspired me.....I might do another video for Hwa Jai focusing on the stuff you didn't focus on.....:P.....once again nice stuff man, I really loved it.....
Thanks! I didn't really focus on combos that go back and forth on the screen since I'm not too interested in drunk combos where you start off drunk unless I'm absolutely forced to. Also from what I remember from your Hwa Jai combo video, you rarely do qcf A before his supers. You can always get one qcf A into DM or two qcf As into SDM.

I'm running out of characters to do (I think that's a good thing)... but I'm finding Joe pretty fun since everyone tends to focus on his stun combos instead of his HD combos. So it's a fresh experience to see what stuff Joe can do in HD mode. Other than Joe, I'm seriously getting tired of this game. Glad I'm almost finished! :D
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Persona wrote: I'm running out of characters to do (I think that's a good thing)... but I'm finding Joe pretty fun since everyone tends to focus on his stun combos instead of his HD combos. So it's a fresh experience to see what stuff Joe can do in HD mode. Other than Joe, I'm seriously getting tired of this game. Glad I'm almost finished! :D
.....yeah, I get your point, this game is kinda getting old, SNK needs to release the next kof or any info, I miss the thrill of waiting for a new kof soooo badly.....
.....to be honest, my brain kinda slows down 30-40 secs into a combo, so I forget about the possibilities sometimes, lol.....
.....I think Duo Lon and Raiden needs a bit more love, if I can suggest some characters for you that is.....
Persona

Post by Persona »

The problem with Raiden is how long it takes to charge his dropkick just to test out combos. :(

And here's some random Joe combos. Most of the video is finished, just need to find a way to optimize his stun combos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS0m1SQJ5dI
Persona

Post by Persona »

Joe's KO combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGQjrRW8EKE

Optimizing Joe's stun combos is a pain in the ass. That's pretty much the only thing holding the video from release. Finished one stun out of three different ones. The arrangement of combos is as follows:

01) Stun combo (starting from two drive gauges and no power gauges)
02) Stun combo ending with Neo Max
03) Double stun combo
04) Max damage HD mode and two power gauges
05) Max damage HD mode and three power gauges
06) 'Stylish' combo
07) HD mode and four power gauges 100%
08) HD mode and four power gauges 100%
09) HD mode and five power gauges 100%
10) HD mode and five power gauges 100%
11) HD mode and five power gauges 100%
12) HD mode and five power gauges 100%
Persona

Post by Persona »

Here's Joe's stun combo with Neo Max. The problem with it was finding a way to not make the combo too cookie cutter since once the opponent is juggled, Joe's options for his stun combo is almost a one way path. Other problems is trying to maintain enough drive meter for Neo Max and adjusting the combo to do less damage since I normally had a combo that did went way past 100% and it was difficult trying to make the last hit of his Neo Max the KO hit since it does only 18 damage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERz6K-SSFy4
Persona

Post by Persona »

Joe completed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFB5rr-HZ1s

I realized I had an extra combo already so I took out the 'stylish' combo since it was really similar to the combo on Vice anyway. Also while rendering the video, I thought of a way to get 99 hits and still allowing the final hit to KO (if I added any hit without lowering the damage, all of the opponent's health would be gone before the final hit). Just needed to start the second stun combo quicker so I can do jump D to stun instead of the hit before it and change the first two hits of the second stun combo to weak attacks to lower the damage.

The combo as it is does 1053 damage with the final hit doing 60 damage. If I added the jump D, that's an extra 14 damage. The two strong attacks is 14 + 14 damage. So if I wanted to add an additional 14 damage (from the jump D), I would change the two attacks that will now be 9 + 4 damage, so altogether it would now be 13 + 14 damage, changing the new combo to 1052 damage for 99 hits.

I might have calculated it incorrectly but I think it's like that.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Been wanting to do King since a few months after the release of the game but up to this day I've never been able to do certain combos for her that I've seen in an arcade version combo video. Even with tool assist I couldn't pull it off even once so I've FINALLY came to the conclusion that it just doesn't work, also considering I've never seen anyone do anything similar to it on the console version. I guess SNK tweaked the hitboxes for either the move or for all characters.

With that aside and a ton of content I've had for ages, I'm already at 80% completion for King.
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Persona wrote:Been wanting to do King since a few months after the release of the game but up to this day I've never been able to do certain combos for her that I've seen in an arcade version combo video. Even with tool assist I couldn't pull it off even once so I've FINALLY came to the conclusion that it just doesn't work, also considering I've never seen anyone do anything similar to it on the console version. I guess SNK tweaked the hitboxes for either the move or for all characters.

With that aside and a ton of content I've had for ages, I'm already at 80% completion for King.
.....good to know King's finally getting the amount of love she deserves.....after reading this post i am dying to see what you can come up with King.....
Persona

Post by Persona »

ihate_00 wrote:
Persona wrote:Been wanting to do King since a few months after the release of the game but up to this day I've never been able to do certain combos for her that I've seen in an arcade version combo video. Even with tool assist I couldn't pull it off even once so I've FINALLY came to the conclusion that it just doesn't work, also considering I've never seen anyone do anything similar to it on the console version. I guess SNK tweaked the hitboxes for either the move or for all characters.

.....good to know King's finally getting the amount of love she deserves.....after reading this post i am dying to see what you can come up with King.....
Nothing really new to be honest, IMO her combo potential is one dimensional. You do this, her options after is only that, you do that, her options after that is only this. Her juggles don't have much room to adjust, that's why there's a ton of King combos on the internet that are the exact same. I did optimize a bit, such as max damage and try to use all her HD meter to good use.

But if people are expecting a revolutionary King combo video, then they're going to be disappointed.
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Persona wrote: Nothing really new to be honest, IMO her combo potential is one dimensional. You do this, her options after is only that, you do that, her options after that is only this. Her juggles don't have much room to adjust, that's why there's a ton of King combos on the internet that are the exact same. I did optimize a bit, such as max damage and try to use all her HD meter to good use.

But if people are expecting a revolutionary King combo video, then they're going to be disappointed.
.....when you are part of a small group of people who love king of fighters and even a smaller group of combo makers of the game and you are named "Persona" people are gonna expect big things from you :D.....we all know what you are capable of, and we also know you will once again impress us with your skills and innovation.....
Persona

Post by Persona »

Well here's the preview. Sadly I can't think of anyway to make that first combo a 100%. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63xQf2c24As

Also I generally learn nothing from trials in fighting games but I learned a lot from King's trials.
Persona

Post by Persona »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInD7MqvBMk

Wish every character was this simple. Saves me time and stress.

I would probably put her in my top favorite 5 KoF XIII combo videos that I've made so far. Her combos look cool (it's like watching a shooting game combo video).
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Persona wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zInD7MqvBMk

Wish every character was this simple. Saves me time and stress.

I would probably put her in my top favorite 5 KoF XIII combo videos that I've made so far. Her combos look cool (it's like watching a shooting game combo video).
.....nice combos, really you did exploit King almost to her limits, lol.....she has so much limitations in combos compared to others in XIII but you are right her combos do look really cool.....
.....wish we had any news about a new kof coming cause I would love to see what snk does to other classic characters as they did to King in XIII.....I really need a new kof in my life now.....:P.....
Persona

Post by Persona »

At first most of her 100% combos I had were exact copies from other people's combos but with some adjusting, I turned almost all of them into new variations.

The easiest example is that everyone usually does dp K xx hcb B, hcb D, qcfx2 AC (which usually is the most damaging ender if you're not using Neo Max after her qcfx2 AC) as her combo ender but IMO that's one of the few segments where you can be a bit more creative with variety. I think the only ender I didn't include (which is pretty well known) is dp K xx qcf BD, qcf B, qcf B, qcfx2 AC.

I tried doing hcb D xx qcf B, qcf B, dash dp K but the short window opening just isn't long enough.

I think King is the only character where I can't think of any adjustments/improvements to my video. Of course, if there is, then it's most likely going to be the max damage combos. Every other KoF XIII video of mine has some sort of flaws I want to adjust.
krusan

Post by krusan »

ihate_00 wrote: .....wish we had any news about a new kof coming cause I would love to see what snk does to other classic characters as they did to King in XIII.....I really need a new kof in my life now.....:P.....
I feel exactly the same. I NEED a new KOF but, sadly, there are absolutely no news.
Even in the best posible scenario, if they show some news let´s say, tomorrow, the game maybe will be ended at the end of this year if we´re optimistic. Then the game will be out in arcades for around 1 more year (completely out of my reach as arcade scene is absolutely dead here and it would probably only be out in Japan anyway) and after that year, there will be a console release and that´s way too much time without a new KOF.
Absolutelly no clue if there would ever be a new KOF and/or when is heartbreaking. How many time has passed since KOF XIII came out? Too much time, without doubt.
I still play KOF XIII as much as I can, but there are not many people to play with online if you hope to play decent-laged matches, and I barelly can play with anyone in real life. About combos, after our KOF XIII EVO exhibition, I felt like there was no much to find acording to our tastes. I still try things here and there but nothing CMV worthy in our opinion.
Such a sad life the one of the KOF enthusiast!!!

Changing matters, congrats to Persona for another good combo-video. Maybe not the flashiest, but still keeping the bar as high as usual.
Persona

Post by Persona »

krusan wrote:About combos, after our KOF XIII EVO exhibition, I felt like there was no much to find acording to our tastes. I still try things here and there but nothing CMV worthy in our opinion.

Changing matters, congrats to Persona for another good combo-video. Maybe not the flashiest, but still keeping the bar as high as usual.
Yeah in terms of new tech I also think KoF XIII is finished. Only thing left in my eyes is just polishing up combos.

I'm not a big fan of flashy combos if it means I have to burn all my resources for like 30% damage but I tend to focus on showing the different options you can get off various juggles and putting specials or supers to good use.

I usually have different goals for each game I play but for KoF XIII I focus on 100% combos and then try to lower the damage by adding any flashy stuff I can while still keeping it 100%. Games like Marvel, I can be much more flashy since it's soooooooooo easy to KO characters so I have much more room to style.
krusan

Post by krusan »

I never meant to criticize your vids, in case you thought that. You should know by now that I like and enjoy your vids as well as I admire your series.
I know what to expect from your KOF XIII vids and, even before reading your last post, I was pretty sure you don´t aim to be flashy on them.
Your vids acomplish exactly what you said and in a very well done manner, IMO.
As you may guess, we try to aim to be more flashy and/or creative with our combos, often sacrificing damage. Both ways of thinking are completelly worth of respect, IMO, and even complement each other.
Again, it´s not that I think that you were ofended, I just wanted to clarify.
We have a few "interesting" things here and there not shown before (not that I´ve seen, at least) but if we can´t add it to a somehow interesting combo, we prefer to not show them till we find a way to do a "complete" combo.
We´d love to do a zero damage for KOF XIII too, but we don´t have enough time. We´d need much more free time than we have and to be able to spend it in a much more regular schedule.
It´s always nice to talk with other combo-makers about the way each other do our vids.
Keep your excelent vids coming.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Ah I'm not offended, I'm just stating the obvious because a lot of people tend to ask me why I don't focus on flashy combos and I just answer honestly that I don't have much interest.

Also lately people seem to be disappointed if I can't find new infinites, stun combos, etc. If the game doesn't allow it, then what can I do? Even if it's possible and is lurking somewhere in the game to be discovered, it's not like I can discover everything myself. People's expectations seem to go through the roof.
krusan

Post by krusan »

Complaining is easy, so it´s easy to find people complaining about almost everything. As you´re one of the very few that still do KOF XIII CMVs and the quality of the vids is usually pretty high, the moment the vid is not godlike (in their opinions) they complain about it.
You try your best optimizing combos while looking for highest damage with diferent resources and, IMO, you´re really good at it. Obviously, there are not infinites or stun combos for every char, but there may be some things to discover yet. No one can discover everything for every char, not you, not me nor anyone. Luckily, we have these forums to talk and share ideas.
Just keep up with your vids while you feel OK doing them. I (and many others for sure) will be waiting for them and sure enjoy what it´s shown.
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Persona wrote: Also lately people seem to be disappointed if I can't find new infinites, stun combos, etc. If the game doesn't allow it, then what can I do? Even if it's possible and is lurking somewhere in the game to be discovered, it's not like I can discover everything myself. People's expectations seem to go through the roof.
.....don't be disappointed by what people say, there are many idiots all over the internet and they love criticize.....as I have said previously you are one of the combo makers who people who still love kof (like me and krusan obviously :) ) look up to so keep making this vids, I mean you already had more double the views and likes than my whole channel, what more due you want, lol (no offense just joking, you deserve the attention truly).....
krusan wrote: Even in the best posible scenario, if they show some news let´s say, tomorrow, the game maybe will be ended at the end of this year if we´re optimistic. Then the game will be out in arcades for around 1 more year (completely out of my reach as arcade scene is absolutely dead here and it would probably only be out in Japan anyway) and after that year, there will be a console release and that´s way too much time without a new KOF.
Absolutelly no clue if there would ever be a new KOF and/or when is heartbreaking. How many time has passed since KOF XIII came out? Too much time, without doubt.
I still play KOF XIII as much as I can, but there are not many people to play with online if you hope to play decent-laged matches, and I barelly can play with anyone in real life. About combos, after our KOF XIII EVO exhibition, I felt like there was no much to find acording to our tastes. I still try things here and there but nothing CMV worthy in our opinion.
.....even if it takes one or two years to come out I would still love any news of the next kof if any, at least I'll have something to look forward to, its been so long since kof XIII.....I love playing Kof XIII, but it had been exploited to hell already, and there is just so much a manual executor like me can do, I might try to release a video best on CD counter or counter hits or may be another Hwa Jai insanity if I feel like it, but now I am kind of in a drought combo-wise.....

.....btw, I am thinking of doing a default team specific combos from the Striker days ('99,'00 and '01), what do you guys think of the idea, or do you think it would be not that interesting after all these days?.....I still love neogeo classic kof's and love playing '98 still and exploiting stuff, I mean those vs Ralf and Chang combos still make me laugh out loud, and the AI still defeats me senseless in '98.....lol, I must be a nostalgic idiot since kof was my first love, sucks to be me I guess.....
krusan

Post by krusan »

I agree. It´s better to have a new KOF in two years than not having any new KOF. I wish we could have something to look for too.
Manual execution shouldn´t be a problem in doing vids. I don´t use any tools and Persona has used in very few instances (correct me if I´m wrong). Creativity should be able to compensate anything that execution restrains. Again, I agree that KOF XIII has been really deeply explored. Something like doing combos starting with counters may end being just known combos with slightly diferent starters while, obviously, you´re free to try. You may give us a few interesting surprises! Only trying one can know. Right now, I lack motivation to look for new combos cos I lack new ideas. There´s almost nothing I´ve found that I think is worth showing. That´s only my opinon, of course.
About doing CMVs for old games, just do what you feel like doing. Probably those vids would not have many views but there sure will be people that apreciate the work if it´s well done an innovative. Finding something new/interesting for those games that have been even more explored maybe a titanic work, in the other hand.
We KOF fans are bit on the short side of luck. The SF players have new material to work with much more often than we do. Envy? Maybe. We can only enjoy what we have and hope for the best.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Specific striker combos sounds good. As long as it's the default teams. I prefer something a bit more default since it limits what you can do. If you mix any striker, the limits become endless and there would never be a moment where you feel your combos are finished.

As for KoF XIV, if SNK is lazy, I wouldn't even mind if they used the same XIII combo system. Just add all the Ash Saga characters, add the missing specials/supers for the existing characters, maybe change some EX specials around and give it a balance patch and I'll be happy enough. Pretty sure KoF XIV is going to be a dream match so why not?

I'm burnt out from KoF XIII so I'm just going to wait for that new Jump game. I plan to try out the new Blazblue but with so many awesome games coming out in March, I chose the Jump game over it (in terms of fighting games).

Also a bit offtopic but which KoF XIII videos of mine are your favorites so far? I plan to compile a list by the time I finish the entire cast and would like opinions from great combo makers such as you guys. Was planning on asking for a favorite 5 (doesn't have to be an order) but out of 36 characters, 5 does seem a bit too small.
krusan

Post by krusan »

About KOF XIV again, when I said all what I said, I was always thinking that they would be "lazy", more or less something like you said. A dream match with same combo system and some balance changes, but not all chars from the Ash saga. There were A LOT of chars on KOF XI, so I would not dream about a game with all those chars. Something like 10 more chars and some more X versions for some chars. Thinking in the laziest way, they can add the 97 new faces team and they would have 6 chars for the price of 3, adding their orochi versions, and with Shingo as a palette swap of Kyo that would be 7 new chars with under average effort. That and 3 more chars I don´t think would be SO much work but it seems it´s more than they can afford, as they are not showing any signs of a new KOF in the future.

We too have thought about doing some kind of "best of" compilation with our combos but, first, we don´t have as many vids as you have and, second, while the idea of a "greatest hits" compilation has some appeal, it doesn´t completelly convince us.

About your CMVs that we like the most, I´d say X-Kyo and Athena.

What do you know about that new Jump game? Wouldn´t it play somehow like the DBZ Tenkaichi games? Do you think it would have an interesting combo system? I don´t find those kind of games (usually related to anime) very appealing regarding their combo sistems. Any info you can share that may make my mind change?
Persona

Post by Persona »

The new Jump game plays like Virtual-On and seems to be team based. Combos so far are really disappointing. Doesn't seem to have depth at all (to be honest I wasn't expecting much). There's assists though but you can pretty much use them once in a combo because it takes a long while before you can recharge for another one.

But yeah feels like a multiplayer Virtual-On disguised as a fighting game. Might just collect all the trophies, sell the game and buy the new BlazBlue.

Wish more 'party' fighting games could be like PSASBR.

THERE DOESN'T EVEN SEEM TO BE A TRAINING MODE!!
krusan

Post by krusan »

Thanx for the info.
I thought you were trying the Jump game as your next target for combo vids, but it seems there is not too much to expect of it in that matter.
I don´t like very much those multiplayer "party" fighting games. I don´t feel atracted so I don´t think I would play it soon.