My KoF XIII junk

video previews, releases, and feedback
krusan

Re: My KoF XIII junk

Post by krusan »

Hey, D.C.!, I´ve seen the combo in your Billy vid preview and it looks pretty cool. I´ve only seen hitting a dp+K after the DM once (in the KOF XIII evo exhibition) and it was with a much more unpractical and weird setup. It´s been many months since your last vid, isn´t it? Well, it´s worth the wait if all combos are so high quality!
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Yeah it has been awhile. Lots of stuff taking priority as of late. Persona is and has been doing better combos for each character anyways, which is why he is the most viewed combo maker for kof xiii.

I do hope what i have for billy will be good, just have to wait and see.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Very slowly finishing up Duo Lon...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaGqLb2GaQA
Persona

Post by Persona »

And a new double HD combo is born. I think the only other character capable of doing it is Vice and maybe Ash unless you count characters with infinites.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJmQaUqVPo
krusan

Post by krusan »

:o Wow! TAS really gives you and edge!!! There no disrespect here, "au contrair", you have the knowledge and the creativity and TAS has nothing to do with it. Really impressive. That Duo Lon vid is going to be amazing.
Persona

Post by Persona »

The funny thing about it is that most of it was performed manually while most of the combo on Billy was tool assisted, it was ten times more difficult than the double HD combo (if that made sense).

And tool assisting KoF XIII is a pain in the ass because the game doesn't run at a perfect 60fps so the timing isn't accurate. At first i thought the reason was the pad since I'm using it on a PS3 but when I was tool assisting the USF4 Gen combo for Doopliss, it pretty much always worked. So basically even if I tool assisted KoF XIII, it only gives like a 70% success rate compared to 95% from my experiences with USF4.

The main problem I had with the double HD combo was getting enough hits to reach the second HD mode while getting enough stun and doing it all within the opponent's health. So basically I wanted to add less damaging moves but the jabs do less stun so it was a matter on how I was going to balance everything.
krusan

Post by krusan »

My bad assuming it was all done using TAS. I guess you know what I ment, anyway. Having access to TAS usually means that, sooner or later, and even being dificult, you could advance and finish the combo, while by hand it can make you fall into desperation more easily. I hope it makes sense. That process you describe is something TAS can´t do for you.
The combo itself is incredible so congrats for creating and doing it. Keep that high level in your work!
Persona

Post by Persona »

I have no idea how this came to existence but I had a small urge to see how much Mr. Karate could do in terms of damage output and just decided to finish him up. The video came out better than I expected but his combos all look similar to me. I wonder why that isn't the case with other characters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k5wrX1khDM
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

After watching your Kula CMV I thought about trying this combo in the mobile version and, surprisingly enough, it works, but with forward throw instead of back throw (it sends further in the mobile version and thus the Neo Max whiffs) and without the heavy Diamond Breath's (she only has the light version in KoF-i 2012).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oWSad5P ... e=youtu.be
Persona

Post by Persona »

Is it character specific? It's character specific for the console version. I just did a back throw instead so it looked cooler since it took them out of the corner but it would work either direction.
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

Persona wrote:Is it character specific? It's character specific for the console version. I just did a back throw instead so it looked cooler since it took them out of the corner but it would work either direction.
I didn't try on every character, but it doesn't seem to be character specific in the mobile version.
Persona

Post by Persona »

I have been VERY busy and tired so I didn't have much time at all to finish the last remaining characters but since I've kept notes on what I wanted to change in my older videos and since YouTube now allows 60 frames per second, I decided to start uploading my final versions while very slowly finishing the last remaining characters.

Shen Woo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ba27C_PmVk4

I think I've used pretty much everything he's got. Out of ideas (which I hope is true so I don't have to make ANOTHER video in the future because I am completely sick of this game now).
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

Enter HD, Air Blowback (CH) against a jumping opponent, Tenrenken, Super Saiyan, Tatsu Gekiken xx Neo Max?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Persona wrote:...
And tool assisting KoF XIII is a pain in the ass because the game doesn't run at a perfect 60fps so the timing isn't accurate. At first i thought the reason was the pad since I'm using it on a PS3 but when I was tool assisting the USF4 Gen combo for Doopliss, it pretty much always worked. So basically even if I tool assisted KoF XIII, it only gives like a 70% success rate compared to 95% from my experiences with USF4....
SF4 on XBOX360 doesn't run at 60fps (or 59.94) either. The frame speed changes subtly when going from TV to VGA, and when buttons are held down, and UMvC3 is, afaict, just insane.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Last_Window wrote:Enter HD, Air Blowback (CH) against a jumping opponent, Tenrenken, Super Saiyan, Tatsu Gekiken xx Neo Max?
super (CH), enter HD, Super Saiyan xx Neo Max.

I usually try my best to not start combos by entering HD mode since I feel it takes the challenge appeal out but there's a few cases where I do use it though.

There was one Shen Woo combo a friend made in a recent combo video where he started HD mode and did this on an opponent very high in the air:

qcf BD xx qcf C (fully charged and hit the opponent before they land on the ground), Super Saiyan xx Neo Max. Brand new combo but since it starts with HD mode and I already have a fully charged qcf C combo in my video, I didn't include it.
Rufus wrote:
Persona wrote:...
And tool assisting KoF XIII is a pain in the ass because the game doesn't run at a perfect 60fps so the timing isn't accurate. At first i thought the reason was the pad since I'm using it on a PS3 but when I was tool assisting the USF4 Gen combo for Doopliss, it pretty much always worked. So basically even if I tool assisted KoF XIII, it only gives like a 70% success rate compared to 95% from my experiences with USF4....
SF4 on XBOX360 doesn't run at 60fps (or 59.94) either. The frame speed changes subtly when going from TV to VGA, and when buttons are held down, and UMvC3 is, afaict, just insane.
Ah, will keep that in mind. :o

Also this might sound odd but I feel that the d-pad on the program pad is much more reactive than the standard PS3 pad.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Completed Daimon and Iori.

Daimon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwaE2B80HzA

Iori

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okCzGyeuQvQ

Most likely going to release either Ryo or Billy next but I'll be adding another character along with them. The characters I'll be adding with them barely have any adjustments so I feel it's better to release them with a character with major adjustments so it balances it out. So I've been thinking of Ryo & King and Billy & ???.
krusan

Post by krusan »

A few days have passed since you released your last 2 vids, Ryo and King, and regarding Ryo there´s something I want to share. I was waiting for you to release the Ryo vid to see if you showed what I had in mind, but you didn´t, so it´s time to share it. Maybe you´ve tried before but, if it´s not you, DC or some other person here in the forums, I don´t know who else can try it.
Posible (?) stun combo with Ryo: As you say in the Ryo vid description, there are some char-specific juggles for Ryo and making use of them (and maybe TAS) there´s a chance for a Ryo stun combo:
With the dummy cornered, after the usual jC/D, standing C/D, qcf+A, vs some chars (I recall Mai, but there are others) you can hit with a quite-low-hitting-but-not-as-low-as-posible dp+A HDcanceled into a qcf+A, and juggle with 2 more qcf+A, being able to juggle again after the 3 koohkens. I don´t know if it´s posible but, if you could reajust your distance from the corner to repeat this same loop (I was unable), you would have done A LOT of stun, cos each qcf+A does 10 stun IIRC, and you can juggle again at the end with a dp+C.
So, jC, sD, qcf+A, (dp+A, qcf+Ax3)x2, dp+C would be around 112 stun, so we are 8 short (aprox) to stun, but closer than any other Ryo combo, but there are other posibilities than can be useful: Ryo´s light hits do 8 stun IIRC, so starting with jC, cB, cC, would do the trick, but then you won´t be at the right distance from the corner (unless you can walk a bit after the qcf+A, wich I couldn´t get to work). Anyway, the qcf+A may miss cos of more distance from the dummy, while qcf+C would hit for sure but, again, distance from the corner would differ, as the timing for juggling with dp+A.
After the "low dp+A" you can juggle with qcf+A, qcf+A, qcf+AC, qcf+A, that doesn´t add stun, but may be useful somehow, and you can also juggle with qcf+A, qcf+A, hcb+D that causes more stun but, again, messes with the distance from corner.

And that wall of text that I hope is understandable, is all the knowledge I can recall about this posible stun combo. I gave up long time ago and I was waiting to see if someone was able to do it, but no one did so let´s see if our combined effort (and maybe TAS) drives us to success.
Persona

Post by Persona »

I know of that combo. Bala was the person who did it. I never thought about extending it for stun because from what I remember, something about it didn't seem possible. I think it's not possible because to get three qcf As after dp A, the dp A has to hit as low as possible and you'll have to delay the drive cancel (this isn't the problem). Since the window to juggle after qcf A is short, from what I recall, there's not enough time to do a low dp A.

Or maybe you're right about having to walk backwards a bit so the loop works but I don't think we have enough time to walk backwards.

I didn't add it to the video because while it does great damage, it only does great damage for the least resources (the first combo in my video does 1 extra damage if you compare using both drives for my combo and Bala's combo).

This is what I remember though.

EDIT: tested the loop and yes, the short window after the qcf A is too short for a low dp A to hit. I even added a qcf AC inbetween the hits since it has a longer hit window afterwards but it's still not enough.

Oh and here's more videos:

Leona: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7--oWMB5pjs

Billy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEpIQWgyDx0

There was something I wanted to adjust in the Leona combo video after it was released but it is more for personal satisfaction since the adjustment doesn't make the combos any better. Completely happy with my Billy combo video unless someone can find a way to top it.
krusan

Post by krusan »

Thanks for trying that Ryo theory. I´ve been thinking about it for some time so it´s nice to finally know the outcome. Sad to see it´s not posible :(
About your last videos, the Leona one was in the usual level of your KOF vids, and that means really good, but the Billy one was above it. It seemed to me that there were many new things in it and it make the vid feel "fresh". I liked seen juggling after a f+b hit a grounded oponent, the excelent use of the qcb+A/C/AC and, specially the combo in wich you juggle after the DM so many times.
...anyway, I missed combos using a dp+BD hitting a grounded oponent only when going down. Did you forget about it or you simply didn´t find anything worth with it? Anyway, it was a GREAT vid.
Keep working with KOF, please, cos I can´t get tired of seeing your vids!!! How many chars are left in your "revisited" series?

And, changing a bit matters. Does anyone here have KOF2012i and knows how to unlock the last ilustration? By the way, I´ve barely any experience with mobile games, but KOF2012i is, IMO, and excelent one. Really impresive how close to a "real KOF" you can get with a mobile game!
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

I have that one (NESTS COLLECTION, next to OROCHI COLLECTION) but I don't know how I unlocked it.
Persona

Post by Persona »

krusan wrote:Thanks for trying that Ryo theory. I´ve been thinking about it for some time so it´s nice to finally know the outcome. Sad to see it´s not posible :(
About your last videos, the Leona one was in the usual level of your KOF vids, and that means really good, but the Billy one was above it. It seemed to me that there were many new things in it and it make the vid feel "fresh". I liked seen juggling after a f+b hit a grounded oponent, the excelent use of the qcb+A/C/AC and, specially the combo in wich you juggle after the DM so many times.
...anyway, I missed combos using a dp+BD hitting a grounded oponent only when going down. Did you forget about it or you simply didn´t find anything worth with it? Anyway, it was a GREAT vid.
Keep working with KOF, please, cos I can´t get tired of seeing your vids!!! How many chars are left in your "revisited" series?

And, changing a bit matters. Does anyone here have KOF2012i and knows how to unlock the last ilustration? By the way, I´ve barely any experience with mobile games, but KOF2012i is, IMO, and excelent one. Really impresive how close to a "real KOF" you can get with a mobile game!
I know of the dp BD followup but I can't think of a useful way to use it since I use one power gauge and it already hurts the damage scaling from the start. I could have used it in one of the 4 bar 100% combos in the video (and probably still get 100%) but it would turn it into 5 bars and lose the appeal.

I think I've finished about 7 characters so far. About 1/3 of the roster is being remade from scratch so not every video will feel fresh. I'll try to shove out 3 more characters before Mortal Kombat X is out.
krusan

Post by krusan »

I agree in that starting a combo like this is completelly impractical for damage purposes and damage is usually quite important in your excelent vids. I just wanted to know if someone else could do something else with it.
Glad to know there would be still lots of vids coming.

About KOF 2012i ilustrations, have you bought Ex-Kyo and Ex-Iori? If yes, it may be related with that last ilustration. If not, then I don´t know. I haven´t found many info about it in the web.
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

Yes, I indeed bought them, but I don't recall getting any illustrations when doing so or when doing their trials in training mode, and I've only finished single arcade with EX Iori.

I've finished team arcade with all teams, completed all the challenges, "hard" versions included, and all combo trials. I'm still missing some cards, didn't play much online and didn't finish single arcade with everyone. I played time trials and endless quite a bit though, especially endless. Same for single arcade.
krusan

Post by krusan »

Thanks for the info.
I still think that this last ilustration may be related to the Ex-characters in some way, while I don´t know how. This or it is related with online play.
I´ve beaten team arcade with every team, single arcade with all chars, I´ve "beaten" survival (defeated all chars once), I´ve done time challenge with more than 8 minutes left, done all challenges including "hard" mode and all combo trials in practice for all chars. I also have all trading cards, but I´ve never played online.
If I ever unlock the last ilustration, I´ll post how I did it.
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

If you want to play online, my GC is LAST_WINDOW. I have the international version though.

When the game was released, SNK released a different version of the app for each country's AppStore. So if you got it from Spain's AppStore you could only play against other people that also got the app from there. Then due to Apple releasing bundles SNK wanted to make one for KoF games, but in order to do so the apps had to be international (same version for each AppStore) so they pulled all those versions and released the one that's right now on the AppStore (the priced one). That's the one I have. I also have the one from USA, but not installed.
Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

What's up with the combo at 0:50 in Maxima's vid though. I've also seen something similar in the KoF mobile combo vids.
krusan

Post by krusan »

I always like seen good KOF XIII CMVs, and that last one for Benimaru by Persona was, surprisingly, one of them.
It was surprising because I never thought I woud see so many diferent variations with this char (like stuns without the infinite), not because I wasn´t expecting excelent work from Persona!! Seriously, I wasn´t expecting such a fun vid with Benimaru and it was a really nice surprise.
Congratulations!
Persona

Post by Persona »

Last_Window wrote:What's up with the combo at 0:50 in Maxima's vid though. I've also seen something similar in the KoF mobile combo vids.
I'm not sure why it happens but it's definitely character specific.
krusan wrote:I always like seen good KOF XIII CMVs, and that last one for Benimaru by Persona was, surprisingly, one of them.
It was surprising because I never thought I woud see so many diferent variations with this char (like stuns without the infinite), not because I wasn´t expecting excelent work from Persona!! Seriously, I wasn´t expecting such a fun vid with Benimaru and it was a really nice surprise.
Congratulations!
Personally I think Benimaru has some of the more flashier combos in the game, along with a few other characters like Robert.
krusan

Post by krusan »

Persona wrote:
Personally I think Benimaru has some of the more flashier combos in the game, along with a few other characters like Robert.
You mean full-life and/or resource-optimizing flashier combos or simply flashier combos? You know, if you only look for flashy combos, not caring about damage and resources, things can change a lot! Indeed, you may consider giving a try to do some vids only aiming for flashy combos. The results could be awesome!!!
By the way, the Vice final version CMV was pretty cool too, as usual. I´ve never seen before juggling after a qcb+A done from far away, like after a 2 hit sD. Great work, as always. How many final version CMVs are left?