2013 Year End CMV Project Invite

video previews, releases, and feedback
ihate_00

2013 Year End CMV Project Invite

Post by ihate_00 »

Hi,
I am a new member of this community but seriously am enjoying my time here.
The year is ending and I was thinking about doing a collaboration cmv featuring the games that was released in 2013 (including new versions of old games & stuff).
As I am having quite a fun time posting at this forum (undoubtedly the most fun community I have been a member of) & getting feedback's from you guys I would like to make this video a combovid forums member only video & am asking for you guys to send me clips of your combos which I can make into a video.
As you people know I am pretty bad at editing & may ask for some advice or help in that regard too.

The qualified games so far as I can tell (I am not quite sure about the games on consoles cause I mostly play at pc, so you are welcome if you want to add some games to the list) -

Darkstalkers Resurrection (PSN/XBLA)
Dead or Alive 5 Plus/Ultimate (PSVita/PS3/X360)
Injustice: Gods Among Us (Multi)
Guilty Gear XX: Λ Core Plus R (PSVita)
Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition (PC)
Skullgirls (PC)
The King of Fighters XIII (PC)
Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 (Multi)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (PS3)
Street Fighter X Tekken 2013 ver. (Multi)

Please send the combo clips to my email (rakib.ahmad.khan@gmail.com) or upload it to any hosting site (like mediafire, putlocker etc) & PM me the link. Try to make the clips in highest possible quality with relatively small size please.
I am not an expert in editing so mostly it will be combos sequenced according to difficulty/style, but I will surely give you guys the credits you deserve.

The last date for combo submission is 21st December, 2013. I am to do the editing (no matter however minimal it is) in the last 10 days & am hoping to release the combo video on 1st January, 2014.

PS: I am also open for Background Music suggestions, cmv name suggestions or any other suggestion for that matter.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Snoooootch

Re: 2013 Year End CMV Project Invite

Post by Snoooootch »

I'd love to get in on this once USF4 is out.
Making no profit since 1987...
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

But USFIV is next year :S

I might make something for JJBAASB, gonna wait for the v.1.04 patch though. Anything you want me to focus on? Damage? Length? Stylishness? Complexity?
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

FUUUUUUUUU, Forgot about that. Um, then I'll come up with something in GTA5. I already found one funny combo for GTA5's fighting system. :)
Making no profit since 1987...
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Snoooootch wrote:I'd love to get in on this once USF4 is out.
.....I am quite sure you guys will do lots of videos on USF4, I myself will try to contribute too.....but I was thinking along the line of a video on combos from game released or updated on 2013.....I would love it if you can contribute cause I always love the style in your combos.....but if you really want to focus on USF4 you can do SSF4AE combo which is totally new which I can use after the credits to announce what to expect form you or us after USF4 is released in 2014, but the combo should be totally something new.....
Snoooootch wrote:FUUUUUUUUU, Forgot about that. Um, then I'll come up with something in GTA5. I already found one funny combo for GTA5's fighting system. :)
.....this idea is really fine by me.....looking forward to watching the combo.....btw, may be you can do more than 1 combo?.....
Doopliss wrote:I might make something for JJBAASB, gonna wait for the v.1.04 patch though. Anything you want me to focus on? Damage? Length? Stylishness? Complexity?
.....if you ask me I always like Stylishness & Complexity in combos.....btw, I have been watching all your JJBAASB combo videos on you tube & have total faith in you.....again 2-3 combos will be appreciated.....

.....thank you guys for your responses and your willingness to participate.....I myself can do a few combos for some of the games.....but we still need some more participants, so other members of the forum if you can please do contribute.....
.....hopefully I can release this video on 1st January.....
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

The JJBAASB Combo I had in mind got killed by the newest patch. I'll try to find something else, but I can't guarantee anything.

ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Doopliss wrote:The JJBAASB Combo I had in mind got killed by the newest patch. I'll try to find something else, but I can't guarantee anything.
.....hopefully you will find something.....
.....btw, I still haven't received any combos on my mail or anywhere for that matter.....I myself have recorded a few combos but don't wanna do this video as a solo project.....If things carry on like this, I either have to postpone the project date or abandon it.....guys please, do send me your combos.....
Maj

Post by Maj »

Honestly man, if it doesn't work out, you shouldn't worry too much about it. These collaborative projects are always really difficult to get off the ground. I think it's much easier to find one or two partners and focus on a specific theme that interests you.

If you find someone who wants to help you make a video with equal effort, you can still use a cv/f thread to coordinate. Plus that way you might get extra contributions from other people without having to depend on them.

But thinking back over the past couple years, collaborations between 2-3 people have been much more successful than trying to get help from a large group. For some reason, open invite projects always turn into procrastination by committee.
ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Maj wrote: But thinking back over the past couple years, collaborations between 2-3 people have been much more successful than trying to get help from a large group. For some reason, open invite projects always turn into procrastination by committee.
.....ok, I'll take Maj's advice then, is any one of you interested in doing a combo video for 2013 games with me?.....I can take care of the games released in PC if you help me with the console games.....
.....thanks in advance.....
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Ok, so I have this RIDICULOUSLY long ASB-combo with Made in Heaven-Pucci I could record. It will probably be over a minute long. If you want it, do you want me to taunt twice in the end, or add an extra hit with soft knockdown? Here's the transcript for the combo to give you some sense of how long it is:

Soff
(Guard break)
236Lx4
j.Hx2
[dash 2LL5M,6H jf.M]x2
[dash 2L5M,6H jf.M]x2
Son
[5L2M, jf.L, nj.H, backdash, jf.L]x2
[5LL2M, jf.L]x2
[5H xx 623H]x3
5H xx 236A
[dash, 2H xx 236A]x3
run 5L, Soff
[dash 2L, 5M, dash, 236L]X4
2L, (dash), 2L
j.Lx2
[j.L, j.H]x4
5L (dash under)
[6H, jf.M]x4
Son
[2M, 5L, j.214H]x4
[dash, 5H]x4
dash, 2H xx 236H
(Taunt x2 (one with animation)) OR (Add one extra hit)

The combo has 146-147 hits depending on which one we choose. There is no way to get more than 146 on the combo meter with MiH Pucci, this combo uses every available move while still avoiding IPS or hard knockdowns, and also uses the version of the moves with the most hits, and every hit connects.

IF we choose the extra hit, I won't just add it at the end of this, I will make sure the finisher is rather cool.

ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

Doopliss wrote:Ok, so I have this RIDICULOUSLY long ASB-combo with Made in Heaven-Pucci I could record. It will probably be over a minute long. If you want it, do you want me to taunt twice in the end, or add an extra hit with soft knockdown?
The combo has 146-147 hits depending on which one we choose. There is no way to get more than 146 on the combo meter with MiH Pucci, this combo uses every available move while still avoiding IPS or hard knockdowns, and also uses the version of the moves with the most hits, and every hit connects.

IF we choose the extra hit, I won't just add it at the end of this, I will make sure the finisher is rather cool.
.....I would definitely want an extra hit instead of taunts, taunts are all right in combos if they are in mid combos, but taunt at the end is not something I am particularly a fan of.....please send the link of the uploaded combo on any file sharing site it its bigger than you are able to send through email.....and if possible send some more combos then we can at least do a short cmv from 2013 released games.....
.....funny that I have a ridiculously short 100% combos(gem infused) for SfxT 2013, only 2 moves.....I also have some other combos, so if you send me 3-5 combos at least we can do a collaboration of sorts.....
.....btw, if any one else is interested in participating time is running out fast.....
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I actually figured out a way to make the combo longer (adding 6 hits and two animated taunts), but that brings it up from very hard to virtually impossible to do by hand, so I'll just ignore that one (It would force me to use a bigger dummy, making it super-difficult to juggle with some moves properly. It's not only timing-based, but also depends on where you are compaired to the opponent, and what animation of hitstun they are on, maybe even what frame of that animation they are in the frame before they land.)

Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I didn't realize the deadline was tomorrow. I don't think I'll have enough time to do this, sorry. There's just a lot going on for me atm. I can try recording one of the shorter combos I had in mind.

EDIT: Nope, didn't even have time for that :S

ihate_00

Post by ihate_00 »

.....due to no one actually sending me any combos I have to sadly abandon this project....
.....I will release the combos I came up with in this little research period sometime next year.....
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sorry sir. These things are always really hard to get started. I hope you have better luck next time.