UMvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
wolverine-master

UMvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by wolverine-master »

Ironman has 2 kinds of air dashes. Air dashing d/f is pretty much the same dash from the previous version of this game.
Air dashing straight down brings a whole new combo game to Ironman making him an actual pickup character. It seems limited to the corner though.
Caj's new vid seems promising and I'ma try to come up with some fresh shit for that.
Btw, if it means anything to anyone, my new team is FrankWest/Nemesis/Deadpool.
Doopliss

Re: UMvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Doopliss »

wolverine-master wrote:Ironman has 2 kinds of air dashes. Air dashing d/f is pretty much the same dash from the previous version of this game.
Air dashing straight down brings a whole new combo game to Ironman making him an actual pickup character. It seems limited to the corner though.
Caj's new vid seems promising and I'ma try to come up with some fresh shit for that.
Btw, if it means anything to anyone, my new team is FrankWest/Nemesis/Deadpool.
Nova's D-airdash is also a lot faster than his DF/DB airdashes.

I found some intering pathways with Nova, but since I'm not good at combos in these games, I'll just upload them by themselves, and then you can use them as you wish.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
wolverine-master

That second combo was dope...really dope.
wolverine-master

Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

We probably will not buy this game (I dont have time for nothing at my actual situation, and Krusan dont like this game so much, he likes more KOF. Maybe the next COMBONAUTS vid will be a KOF one...) so whatever i say here, is from a not tested situation.
Ok, it seems like the old bugs still works here. For example, the bug that Desk shows with Magneto, its the same old bug camera concept with the air grab of Zero, but extending the bugged camera continuing the combo, like in our vid "Combos from another point of view".
So i guess that maybe another bugs are still working... We have a couple of bugs in MvC3 that maybe still works here.
-The haggar bug, using the Spencer´s swing wire, also works against more characters. Basically, its the same concept like the Doom lvl3 bug with Spencer´s swing wire. Its possible to do it against lvl3 of Ryu, C.Viper, Shehulk, Tron,Dormammu and lvl1 of Thor (the grab one) , and you can also use the spidey´s web swing... It works, but its more difficult than with Spencer.
The best way to test it is to record the dummy jumping vertically and doing the lvl3 as far as the dummy touch the ground. Your Spencer/Spidey must stay near the dummy, and near the corner ( the easiest position its like we use in our last zero damage vid) The correct timing for the swing wire its a little tricky, but im sure that after some repetitions, you will make the bug correctly.
-When you make the bug correctly, the cinematic will start, but you can move your char freely. Then, both players are intouchables, until the dummy ends the cinematic. But, if you make a DHC during the bug, the dummy cinematic becomes a 2D animation. This is particulary interesting against Dormammu, because you will see a strange "black box" around Dormammu.
You can, for example, do 2 (or more) Dormammu ´s fireball during the bug, and when the bug ends, the fireballs will start to hit the dummy. Its a nice way to start a stylish combo...
-Another interesting thing is that, depending if you change the side of your character during the bug, when the dummy ends the animation, he will have the position changed, i mean, you can see it from "the other side".
-We have more ways to make the "other side camera bug" but Krusan can explain it that more in detail (i will request that post here)
We dont know if that still work in ultimate, but if works, feel free to record/publish any vid, because i dont think that we are going to do it...
I hope that my poor english will be enough to explain this!...
wolverine-master

Thank you.
I will mess around with this when I have some down time.
wolverine-master

I got to mess around with Heroes and Heralds mode a lil bit yesterday and saw that everyone is taking the easy way out to get some wins. Typical!!
However, there is one card that allows you to parry the opponents move/special move/super. There are 2 things special about this card imo:
1) People online are too lazy to equip it.
2) The red parry is back, but different. Aside from parrying the move completely without getting hit, you can parry while getting hit also and it actually still helps. It decreases the overall amount of damage and if timed correctly, you can parry your way out of being hit. Every successful red parry kinda bounces you upward so you eventually get out of whatever is hitting you.

This mode is completely for noobs, and its kinda fun when you're not going up against 3 air dashing, x-factored weskers.
No training mode. No versus mode. Offline is against the computer. Online is against humans.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Eh, even for H&H mode, parrying out of hitstun sounds totally retarded. I'm so glad Capcom put the option to equip cards in training mode though, there will be some insane combos possible with some of these cards. Shame there's no offline versus though, the CPU AI sucks hards and I'm not really interested in going online to vs a bunch of min-max decks. I'd love to play casually with some friends and decks set to random, though.
error1

Post by error1 »

no offline vs is a pretty big oversight, can't you set up training mode to act like a normal match with kos and everything?
wolverine-master

error1 wrote:no offline vs is a pretty big oversight, can't you set up training mode to act like a normal match with kos and everything?
LMFAO.....It's going to be mad ghetto, but it's possible. When a player dies the match will automatically restart though. You know, relieving the opponent of the choice to rematch or not. And first player is always going to have to pick player 2's characters, right?
anotak

Post by anotak »

so i know there hasn't been a lot of interest in combos for this game on this site, but a little-known goofy situation that negates pushback can be done w/ perfectly timed crossup pushblock

2 examples:
http://youtu.be/9Cclq8HFl2M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuJJ-rpFYQg&t=335s
wolverine-master

It's never too late to learn. Thanks to Snoooootch I've been playing a lot of Street Fighter (hated this game 2 months ago). Believe me guys, I can help.
You can also follow this: BnB Networking
We are a small bunch. I don't mind answering any questions about UMvC3 or making small "PRIVATE" videos with characters that might interest you.