Interview Questions help!

video previews, releases, and feedback
Snoooootch

Interview Questions help!

Post by Snoooootch »

On Sunday, I will be interviewing Marn and Justin Wong. I want to focus on their thoughts behind combo videos. Like, what do they look for in a combo video. what do they enjoy the most about them. And... what else? I had a hand full of ideas just 2 days ago, and now I can't think of anything. Any ideas, guys?
Making no profit since 1987...
Doopliss

Re: Interview Questions help!

Post by Doopliss »

"What do you think about exhibition combos?"

"What's the most impressive combo (or combo video) you've seen? in the SFIV games and overall."

"Have you learned anything from an exhibition combo video that you have used with good results in matches?"
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

Justin Wong, you are truly the king of chinatown, but I heard you weren't in xvsf. Who do you think would win between you and Jason Hall? Between you and W.M?
Do you miss the East Coast?
You've done a combo video yourself, you have the execution part down, why'd you stop?
Is there anything that you incorporate in your game now that you've learned from combo vids?
Are there any combos that you know that might be game breaking, but never made it into a vid?
Guys that do combo videos compared to guys that play competitively, who do you respect more?
Including yourself, who do you think the top 5 competitive gamers of all time are?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

wolverine-master wrote:Justin Wong, you are truly the king of chinatown, but I heard you weren't in xvsf. Who do you think would win between you and Jason Hall? Between you and W.M?
Do you miss the East Coast?
You've done a combo video yourself, you have the execution part down, why'd you stop?
Is there anything that you incorporate in your game now that you've learned from combo vids?
Are there any combos that you know that might be game breaking, but never made it into a vid?
Guys that do combo videos compared to guys that play competitively, who do you respect more?
Including yourself, who do you think the top 5 competitive gamers of all time are?

I can't see him, or generally anyone, siding with the combo video makers. Perhaps you could word it in a different way.

... Nevermind, i really can't think of how else you'd reword it without it sounding like you're bias'd for the combo makers.

--- Some other questions ---

what is your view on Tool-assisted combos?

Have you ever attempted a flashy or difficult combo in the middle of an important fight purely for the sake of crowd pleasing? If so has it ever lost you the fight, or has someone elses showboating led them to lose against you?

In terms of execution, which chatacter in MvC or SSFIV:AE do you find most difficult to pull off combos with?

Do you feel that resets in the middle of a combo video heavily degrade the quality of the video?

Last one is joke :P
Last edited by Pokey86 on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Persona

Post by Persona »

"When it comes to watching combo videos, what do you prefer more over the other? Creativity or execution?"
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Thanks guys! This helped a lot!
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

So, details. What happened?
How'd it go?
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Snoooootch wrote:Thanks guys! This helped a lot!

Yeah seriously... WTF?

Hey guys, i need some cool interview questions.

*People give*

"Thanks guys, the interview went really well... you wouldn't believe the shit he told me!"
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I actually felt ashamed to come back. The tourney was a disaster. I approached the top players with the questions, and gave them a day to think about the answers. Sunday was horrible, and I had some problems, so I had to go and did not get the damn interviews! There is a lot that I could elaborate on, but the blunt truth, is that the tournament was just too much for me to handle when helping run it.
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

I think that happens to most pepople sooner or later. Live and learn.