Fighting Game News and Speculation 2011

stay up to date on what's going on
error1

Re: Fighting Game News and Speculation

Post by error1 »

I don't think anyone knows the true story about how they got out, I heard that someone called to get some tech support and was given the code on accident
onReload

Post by onReload »

I never knew UltraDavid knew about copyright issues regarding new media etc....sounds like he should be invited here just for the YouTube and EventHubs bullshit that happens on a near-daily basis to some of you guys. (only half-joking, since the stuff I saw him work on for SFIV Gief was done well)
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

It's a speculation thread so I'll speculate how the codes got out...

Tokido told some people in Melbourne that SSF4AE had been ripped, so as a wild guess I'd say the codes could've come from that. Someone on SRK who wrote the message that appears on the boot screen after you unlock both characters said there aren't any more unlockable characters, so from the sounds of that it seemed like he'd had a look at what data was available in the rip or something.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

http://www.capcom-unity.com/jgonzo/blog ... r_x_tekken

PC version for SFxT, nice!

And finally for super/ae...
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yessss...you can expect to see me making some crap for 'em both.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'm glad they get PC releases, twice the achievements for me!

And hopefully they're as easy to hack as vanilla, so you can rip sound files, and make mods. IIRC, SFIV Koryu edition would be released to the public if SSFIV came for PC.

And I can play with onReload :wink:

And record combos in HD. I might've to invest in the full version of fraps.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
onReload

Post by onReload »

Haha, I'm such a hot commodity evidently..you may be disappointed!
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I'm already tired of the ignorant comments about the bad things sfXt show in these trailers as far a graphics. I'm very excited, but I am very hopeful that Fei Long is included in the sf roster. He'd better be... Fei vs Law ... It wouldn't be true to the vs series without the Bruce lee Rivalry!
Making no profit since 1987...
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Considering that this game has a juggle system similar to 3rd strike (everything juggles up to a certain point, then they fall out), there have to be some 3rd strike characters, at least ripped from SSF4.Dudley NEEDS to be in, and to fight with the Tekken boxing dude.If there's no Dudley, then no buy from me.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

lol, well I DO believe Dudley is the most wanted out of the 10 added SSF4 characters, so I'm sure he'll be in. I just really hope they put Fei long, for it wont be a true versus series without his bruce lee clash against Law.
onReload

Post by onReload »

I'm hoping/thinking that the reason why we got to see Ken, Ryu, Chun-Li, Guile & Abel at Captivate is because their models would take less work - they're already in SF4, and those were clearly their SF4 models, with many of the animations intact as well...so Dudley or anybody else remotely popular in Street Fighter who was also in SF4 probably has a decent shot at making it in...and yeah boxer vs. boxer is a duh kinda thing, even though we already have Balrog. I don't know where Steve Fox ranks on the "Brutal------Classy" scale. Anyway, I'm hoping/thinking it will take them more time, but that they WILL make all new models for some other SF people.

Interface is an easy thing to tweak, so here's to hoping they don't leave the HUD theme as "Gummyworms are Tasty" or whatever
error1

Post by error1 »

I'm disappointed with the Able and Marduk announcement, because that makes it less likely we will see the Zangief v Kuma grudge match.

Also is it just me or do the Tekken characters seem really boring, I guess that's a symptom of Tekken being a boring game and capcom is trying to give it a similar feel.
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Well, I don't find Tekken boring (matter of tastes), but i disliked the fact they changed their voices in Japanese when they speak in English.

But I still can't find myself comfortable with this crossover. Not at all.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

It's in the SFIV engine, I will love it no matter what.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

^ This.

I'm very intrigued on the whole loss of FA construct. I wonder what kind of replacement or change they did. It looks like to compensate for the idea of FADC, they have the tag combos to help on recovery within each trade. I like that. It's fast, but slow enough to work with, and does not look as hectic as MvC3. I'm veeeery excited!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I don't like that you can do it when you're knocked down though, I hope they remove that. You shouldn't be able to do a safe change that easily.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I like that aspect.Remember that you lose the round when only one of your characters dies, not both, so switching a knocked down character to the other is vital.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Looks like some dude named Cole from a game called InFamous is gonna be in the PS3 version of SFxT. Honestly i don't care one way or the other because i can't tell InFamous apart from Prototype, but i am curious to see who the other console exclusive characters will be. Here's hoping it's not somebody lame. Also, i guess this means the choice of console will impact next year's Evo more than usual.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Are people really thinking of having this apart of EVO next year?
Maj

Post by Maj »

You think there's a chance something as big as Street Fighter x Tekken will get left out of Evo?
error1

Post by error1 »

console exclusive characters are never legal in tournaments afaik
at least that's been the ruling for soul caliber
wonder if this makes c.viper or blanka more likely, seems wasted to make fancy new electricity animations and not have blanks
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wasn't Darth Vader console-exclusive? I saw someone playing him during the Soul Calibur 4 tournament at Evo2k9. On the big screen even!
onReload

Post by onReload »

yeah it was Vader on one, Yoda on the other. weird that they let that go, but i don't know much about soulcalibur's scene.

my news was kinda weird today...the 3SO screens/trailer are lame, but the features are pretty nice (GGPO, upload replays to YouTube, simple task-based achievement thingies)...I don't get why they say it's "arcade-perfect" if it has a new HUD, new (awful) graphical filter options and...well, hopefully it's NOT arcade perfect - neither version was "perfect," but all you need to do to fix the first version is remove the game breaking ken/makoto throw glitch. I think. Well, that and maybe the stupid Magnetic Storm for SAII Yang on the super menu...the second version removed unblockables, which is a big part of 3s competitive play, and that's what the PS2 version is based on...so while tourneys in the past have been fine without unblockables, I...sigh, it's just gonna be the PS2 version with some new features, isn't it? ho well
error1

Post by error1 »

yeah it's beacuse they eventually had them as dlc, so if you bought it you could have vader and yoda regardless of console
kratos isn't legal for mk9 and I've never seen him played in a tournament
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

I guess I cant see the seriousness of the game. Nothing appealing at all....But I felt that way for the SNK characters in CvS series.
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:yeah it's beacuse they eventually had them as dlc, so if you bought it you could have vader and yoda regardless of console
kratos isn't legal for mk9 and I've never seen him played in a tournament
didn't know that, but a smart move by namco, as console version disparity is...ugly, at this point in technology
Maj

Post by Maj »

Ah okay, that makes sense. I'm fine with either route - banning these brand-exclusive characters or making them available through DLC. I doubt i'm gonna miss this Cole guy or his Xbox counterpart ... unless it's Hauzer or someting.

Speaking of which, i bet this game is gonna have some ridiculously massive bosses. Namco has been out of control with that shit lately.

Capcom x Namco = Shin Mecha Azazel??
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'm pissed of because I want ALL the characters, I'm fucking tired of Sony getting exclusive characters all the time. And I hope 360 DOESN'T get one, so that there's at least one version with all the characters...

CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

I'm most interested to see who the Nintendo 3DS exclusive character for SFxT will be, Mario or Link in a SF game >_<
Maj

Post by Maj »

Capcom-Unity is live-streaming SFxT matches and it looks like every character has full-on chain combos!

Ken's doing stuff like s.LK -> s.MK -> s.HP xx DP xx tag.