Third Strike Bonus Stage Challenge (will anybody care?)

video previews, releases, and feedback
onReload

Third Strike Bonus Stage Challenge (will anybody care?)

Post by onReload »

So I made a video of my (non-Chun Li) high score on the SUV stage in 3rd Strike. I'm thinking about asking Maj (yoohooooo!) and/or SRK to put it up, 'cause I know there are random people who still play this game a bit. Anybody here think it would fly, or shall i just leave it as an addition to my collection of silly 3s Car videos? Either way, maybe someone here wants to give me some insight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RK3iMnJfKT8
Raine

Re: Third Strike Bonus Stage Challenge (will anybody care?)

Post by Raine »

I'm sure you'd get at least a few responses. Hell just checking your SUV stage vids has convinced me to load it up and see if I can find anything interesting with Elena. Is there anything to keep in mind with regard to score, or is it just dependent on the time you take to destroy it?

EDIT: Ugh scratch that, every time I try and load a 3s savestate in MAME-RR I get a horrible garbled mess of graphics. I can barely see what I'm doing let alone record anything.
onReload

Post by onReload »

the score is simply [time left] x 1,000 + [great/excellent bonus]. so you need to get it done quickly, and decide if it's worth switching sides at the appropriate time (it usually is)...i wrote about when you need to switch in Random Obscure Findings, though i'm thinking you also may need to use a special move and a normal move on one side before switching, something like that. could be wrong

i used the barebones cps3emulator.exe for third strike, works fine for simple little things like this...it's by hand, so, meh. but if you can ta something cool, then that's cool too.

hmm. elena can't SJC anything, right? if she could, i'd probably be able to do "get outta there, elena." since her SJ is so high
Maj

Post by Maj »

I'm down to post it on ComboVid if you make an actual challenge prompt video, like edited and such.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Hmmm. OK, I'll give it a shot, just have to reactivate After Effects and I'm sure I can figure out some basic text overlays. Do you want it in the same format or can I just have the prompt over a still frame, then the vid?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nah you can do it however you want. All i want is a title and instructions, and you can call it whatever you want too.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Uploading a version with jazz and title cards now, I'll probably be able to post the link in the morning (let's hope I'm not up for 3 more hours)...

The text goes by a bit too quickly, but since I couldn't figure out how to get a quicker, real-time preview of the timing in AE (without it wanting to prerender the whole video first), it took forever to even get it the way I did. Instructions are simple and reiterated in the description.

[edit#4]: so yeah i uploaded the wrong video, a stupid encode that was 2GB+ and took 3 hours to go up, instead of this MP4 that was 20 MB and took a few minutes. so here i am at 5 am but blah..it's being processed but here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqVZxLHeE-g
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nice.

What's the name of the song?
onReload

Post by onReload »

It's "Ciacona F-Moll" by George Gruntz. It's off an album called "Jazz Goes Baroque," and the composition was originally an organ piece by Johann Pachelbel...so I suppose you can just write

George Gruntz - Ciacona F-Moll (originally by Johann Pachebel)

F-moll means F minor in German,...interestingly enough, YouTube has been telling me about UMG and that my video may be blocked in Germany...hmm. Thanks so much for the combovid post, I'm gonna make this public and submit it to SRK now, etc.

edit: Keits said he was gonna pass on putting it up. /grumble