SSF4:3DE Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
Mienaikage

SSF4:3DE Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Mienaikage »

3DS version stuff in here or new thread?

Anyway, I got my copy today (without the 3DS somehow, but luckily someone else got theirs) and I've been experimenting with the lite mode stuff.

It seems that walking forward will not stop you from doing any back or down charge moves, and although there's a delay on doing the same charge move, you can do a down charge move immediately after a back charge move.

For example, Guile can FADC Flash Kick into U1, or immediately do it off a High Kick, or follow up a SB combo with a FK.
Doopliss

Re: SSF4 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Doopliss »

Other than charge shenanigans, is the game the same? For example, do you think you could do some of my Dhalsim Ultra rebound combos in the 3DS version?
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Re: SSF4:3DE Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Maj »

Does the Nintendo 3DS have video output cables? Or are we gonna be watching combovids in ghettovision all year?
onReload

Post by onReload »

nah it just has audio jacks. it does read SD cards though, so if there's a way to capture directly to the card, then that can be uploaded to a computer...but I'm guessing it doesn't support that out-of-box, and I don't know how much people are interested in "jailbreaking" it - though the original DS got some attention from the pirates. you'd probably have to request that kind of thing specifically though, as most unofficial software is for playing games illegally. Also, I don't know about formats etc, SD Cards go up to 32 GB, but it only comes with 2GB, and then...well. short answer is "no," haha, but i'm outlining basic possibilities
error1

Post by error1 »

the speed runner have some experience recording off a ds and has accepted some ds speed runs using cameras
http://speeddemosarchive.com/kb/DS
also video output hacks are possible, and someone will undoubtedly do one for the 3ds
http://forum.speeddemosarchive.com/post ... evice.html
Mienaikage

Re: SSF4 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Mienaikage »

Doopliss wrote:Other than charge shenanigans, is the game the same? For example, do you think you could do some of my Dhalsim Ultra rebound combos in the 3DS version?
I know the simple c.MP rebound against Seth works, I'll try some others in a bit but for the most part the game seems to be identical. The only difference I have noticed is that I seem to have a bit of trouble jumping over people in the corner.

Also in other charge related news, you can hold Juri's fireball on the screen and still use the attack your holding, and Balrog charges to Final TAP by merely having the button on the touchscreen, again no removing of the usual button function.
error1

Post by error1 »

so can you do lv2 focus, turn punch?
landing a final turn punch mid combo is huge
so there is a delay between when you can use charge moves, but it's different for each move
so you can do sonic boom, ultra
about how long is the delay? can you do sb,jab,sb?
how about the chun fb infinite?
Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

so can you do lv2 focus, turn punch? Yes
so you can do sonic boom, ultra? Yes
about how long is the delay? can you do sb,jab,sb? No, doesn't seem to be possible, delay seems to be equivalent to the actual charge time but that's unconfirmed.
how about the chun fb infinite? Not exactly sure what you meant, but I can loop s.HP xx HP Kikoken, c.HP xx MP Kikoken x3 with 3 buttons and no charging. Infinites without effort!
error1

Post by error1 »

ow, that infinite is pretty easy if you don't need to charge I guess.
if you have to wait the full charge time you can get theoretically quicker sonic booms without the easy mode with some charge tricks.
I vanilla sf4 tool assisted I can do lp -> ex sonic boom-> lp, ex sonic boom-> lp, ex sonic boom and it's supposed to be five frames quicker to charge in super so it might be possible with out assistance