MvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
Raine

Re: MvC3 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Raine »

Not sure if this is widely known yet, but MODOK's shield has a pushbox and thus prevents players from passing it. This means you can negate pushback by calling the assist such that it sandwhiches you between the shield and the character. When done in the corner, it's possible for the shield to actually push you inside of the other players pushbox letting you get closer you normally could via any other method. There should be some interesting applications for this.

EDIT: Oops, error1 already mentioned it earlier in the thread. >_<
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Cool, i've finally 100%'d Mission mode

Damn Amaterasu Weapon Switch combos & Jills last gave me most trouble.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I am proud to say i have done 0% of the trials.
Edit: Dammit, I forgot a friend got to my place a couple of weeks ago, and did some trials with Ammy.There goes my round completion value....*sigh*
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

pwned
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Somebody knows if Dante has an infinite without xfactor? we dont want to repeat combos...
rogueyoshi

Post by rogueyoshi »

he can infinite with acid rain if you're lucky enough

EDIT: and also http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvWtuacGICY
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hahaha coincidence at the speed of internet.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

lol hahahaha...
error1

Post by error1 »

it looks like beams follow the character just like the older games
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA_dZxvhn8M#t=236s
wolverine-master

Post by wolverine-master »

wow
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha i like how the timecode doesn't work when an advertisement plays before the video. Way to go u2b!
wolverine-master

In mvc2, chun-li can sjc her mp into an airdash and a series of hits. Hence her infinite.
I was trying to apply the same method in this game and came up with this.
If you didnt notice what i just showed you, its something similar to what i call instant double jump(IDJ)....there might be another name for it.
Its super jumping and then cancelling the super jump by double jumping. Of course only double jump characters can use this method.
Some characters in mvc2 can only do 1 light attack, 1 medium attack and 1 hard attack in normal jump height. When you use IDJ, you get to use all your super jump qualities in normal jump height.
Roll wouldnt have this infinite if IDJ wasnt used.
Now, in mvc3, if you do chun-li's j.hp as late as possible, it puts you in the IDJ state and you can do her normal jump loop on a standing character besides hulk and sentinel.
As a matter of fact, the only characters it cant be done on are gayful joe and ima to ask who?.
Here are some examples:
crouching sentinel
felicia
spidey
wolvie
zero
mid screen magneto
ARTHUR
I dont know if this is going to be any use to anyone, but you can use it to form a blockstring to push your opponent into the corner.
onReload

Post by onReload »

phoenix

Post by phoenix »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPGR15SZ2sY

5-Bar Phoenix not going into Dark Phoenix mode. No better place to ask 'wth is going on here?!' than here I guess.

I don't play this game, but I'm curious. If I were to guess how the hell this works:

I think 2 fireballs are hitting on the exact same frame, and the engine needs to process them both, and does so on consecutive frames.
The first fireball kills Dark Phoenix, and the second one also needs to be 'autoprocessed' and this either looks back to the frame it actually hit on, or it just deals the damage. And then this causes the glitch as we see it here.

Wouldn't be an easily applicable setup, but should be testable with tool assisted means I'm sure.
wolverine-master

wow....they looked so confused.
i wonder if they let them rematch?
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

phoenix wrote:Wouldn't be an easily applicable setup, but should be testable with tool assisted means I'm sure.
Yeah, probably some kind of overlapping hit thing. Maybe chipout+regular hit overpalling. Viscant posted in the thread on SRK and said he'd seen it maybe 10 times in his thousands of games with Phoenix. i was thinking of getting my copy of MvC3 back and testing this.
wolverine-master

Have you guys seen this?
Maj

Post by Maj »

That's a really, really well-made tutorial video. I wonder where they got all that frame data for Phoenix's transformation.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

This looks so weird...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azCQ6gm_L1M

new Chun infinite... (a month old anyway >_<)
wolverine-master

Omg, someone please get me a ppad that works for xbox360.....please.
MvC is my playground and i need to test out shit like ^^^^.
I think ryu has an infinite too....
The other day i got the hardest 3 hit combo i've ever done: tigerknee light hurricane, tigerknee light hurricane, light hurricane.
Basically, 3 hurricane kicks.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

Ok, so I found a glitch with Spencer and Amaterasu. This only seems to work after an extended combo, it resets the combo counter (but also says that Okami Shuffle does 8 hits on its first hit, which it doesn't) and makes Okami Shuffle unblockable. With the DHC glitch there isn't any real practical application. Any idea why this happens?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2PbRKhTf3E
wolverine-master

Hmmmm, that's kinda weird. That's supposed to combo. Does it react the same way all the time?
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

wolverine-master wrote:Hmmmm, that's kinda weird. That's supposed to combo. Does it react the same way all the time?
Yes, but only after a certain amount of hitsun deterioration, before that it just combos as normal.
wolverine-master

Check out this akuma glitch
Last edited by wolverine-master on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

wolverine-master wrote:Omg, someone please get me a ppad that works for xbox360.....please.
MvC is my playground and i need to test out shit like ^^^^.
I think ryu has an infinite too....
The other day i got the hardest 3 hit combo i've ever done: tigerknee light hurricane, tigerknee light hurricane, light hurricane.
Basically, 3 hurricane kicks.
If you can check if its possible to do, and you dont know if the hit stun dont make it impossible, you can test it with the Vale of Mist on the screen (and maybe with Xfactor) . Of course, with Joe´s slow works too. With these two supers, you can test some hit deterioration possibilities more easier. Its a way to test some hard combos like that Ryu combo (without a ppad, hehehehe) Of course, you must verificate that the stuff you want to test works without Vale of mist, because this super allows to combo stuff that usually dont connect. But, as you already tested it without it, you will have more time to make the next tigerknee light hurricane, and maybe you could test if the HSD dont make that loop impossible.
jamheald wrote:Ok, so I found a glitch with Spencer and Amaterasu. This only seems to work after an extended combo, it resets the combo counter (but also says that Okami Shuffle does 8 hits on its first hit, which it doesn't) and makes Okami Shuffle unblockable. With the DHC glitch there isn't any real practical application. Any idea why this happens?
That is a weird stuff in this game, but it seems that sometimes happens, not only with that set up. We found a similar glitch with Arthur. After a long combo, we connected his qcf super, and the combo counter changed from 120 to 90... But we dont know why. Its a very strange thing.
wolverine-master

I tested it. Its not an infinite.
Without slowing the screen down i can get 2 light tk tatsu's. The socond one doesnt stun them long enough to combo a 3rd.
wolverine-master

LEVEL 3 X-FACTOR IS STUPID
The reason im posting this here is because the arthur combo only works in his boxers.
I didnt know he was faster without clothes.
error1

Post by error1 »

persona had that in her combo video, it only works in xfactor 2 or 3
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

error1 wrote:persona had that in her combo video, it only works in xfactor 2 or 3
Nah, what he's talking about is the distance he's doing it from and the steps he's taking forward during it. At point blank he could do it in armor, like persona did.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

Did anybody know that Chun-Li's taunt hits?