Post by Last_Window »

With Ralf:
raw Neo Max - 94 hits, 486 damage
meaty Neo Max (after cr.D) - 94 hits, 439 damage

WHAT
krusan

Re: KoF Engine Research

Post by krusan »

It´s nice to see the SF veterans chating about KOF!!!
So, Doopliss, wich chars do you main/like in SF? It may help you choosing other chars to give a chance...
Clark is not the most conventional KOF char, IMO, and I guess that makes him more "accessible" from an SF player point of view. What´s that you like about that char? Maybe being able to combo normals into special throws? :lol: :lol: :lol: I never liked very much the fact that you couldn´t cancel normals into throws and making it combo in SF...

About that data Last_Window talks about, neither I knew about it.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

krusan wrote:It´s nice to see the SF veterans chating about KOF!!!
So, Doopliss, wich chars do you main/like in SF? It may help you choosing other chars to give a chance...
Clark is not the most conventional KOF char, IMO, and I guess that makes him more "accessible" from an SF player point of view. What´s that you like about that char? Maybe being able to combo normals into special throws? :lol: :lol: :lol: I never liked very much the fact that you couldn´t cancel normals into throws and making it combo in SF...

About that data Last_Window talks about, neither I knew about it.
I play as grapplers. Clark is a grappler. He's also cool and I like his moveset, and his combos feel much more easy and rewarding that Daimon's (Who I like as a character but hate playing as).
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Can I join too? I used to play a lot KOF XIII (esentially to improve my execution and god knows it did a great job, I went from I can't make a 3 frames link to sakura tatsu loops? pfft, so easy) I specially liked the trials for that game,far more entretaining than SFIV's or Marvel's. I used to play a lot of kyo,takuma, ex kyo and kim.Recently I started to play again and touch Adon, I mean Hwa Jai :P He's really really fun. Also IIRC Doopliss mains T.Hawk right?. And lastly,if THINK that what happens with Ralf's neo max is that the first hit puts the opponent in a ''cinematic'' (not actully a cinematic,but let's describe it that way) and every hit does X damage and does 94 hits, but if the first it misses he does another cinematic and every hit does Y damage and again does 94 hits (pretty uch like Takuma's neo max,if you do the cinematic you'll get the same damage as if only the ground pound hits)
Nueva tecnología!!!
krusan

Post by krusan »

Anyone can join!!!!

What about Vice, Doopliss? She´s not a "pure grappler", but she´s something close.
Goro is the only pure grappler in KOF XIII, IMO, and I understand what you say about Daimon´s combos being not so rewarding. Anyway, he has really good normals, so he can have a very strong footsies game too, something I guess may appeal an SF player.

Pepopulo, do you play KOF XIII on steam? If that´s the case, we may be able to play some matches! Hopefully, being close to each other, we may play with low to no lag, something, sadly, not so easy normally...
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Sadly I don't have any fighting game for steam but divekick :( (wich I almost don't play except if a friend comes and we have some matches).I've already heard about KOF's lag,and seen and experienced it too, really...bad :(
Nueva tecnología!!!
krusan

Post by krusan »

Well, if you ever buy KOF XIII for steam, I´ll be there.
In the steam version, there´s not SO much lag and it´s easier to find matches with decent or better connections. I´ve even played some lagless matches, but I don´t know if the other player was suffering lag or not while playing vs me. Way better than the xbox online, anyway, while you still will find matches with unbearable lag.
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Meaby I'll buy during a summer sale or disscount or wethever, also, is the xbox version better than the ps3? becuase I play in ps3 and I don't feel any input lag like in SFIV
Nueva tecnología!!!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

krusan wrote:Anyone can join!!!!

What about Vice, Doopliss? She´s not a "pure grappler", but she´s something close.
Goro is the only pure grappler in KOF XIII, IMO, and I understand what you say about Daimon´s combos being not so rewarding. Anyway, he has really good normals, so he can have a very strong footsies game too, something I guess may appeal an SF player.

Pepopulo, do you play KOF XIII on steam? If that´s the case, we may be able to play some matches! Hopefully, being close to each other, we may play with low to no lag, something, sadly, not so easy normally...
I never played SF conventionally. In fact, I prefer to play unconventionally in almost every fighting game. I never play footsies in SF, but I do in Smash bros (In smash the air game is considered superior, but I have a very grounded playstyle), for example. Vice is someone I have on my team right now, she's pretty nice. Saiki reminds me of Seth, so I'd like to give him a shot, but I don't think I have him yet? Do you have to unlock characters in this game?

@pepo: The current Humble bundle has KoF13 among other things if you pay mroe than the average (currently $6.78), that's where I got it: https://www.humblebundle.com/

pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

That's really cheap,I'll try to buy it as soon as I have some money.Also yeah,Saiki and Billy Kane are unockables characters. You unlock them by playing arcade mode (not story mode)
Nueva tecnología!!!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Ok, thanks. You also get the DLC chars with the steam version, are they unlockable too? If not, how do you access them? (Maybe it's obvious, and my problem is that I've only played trial mode).

Keep in mind that the humble bundle is only up for 4 more days.

krusan

Post by krusan »

Yes, you have to unlock some chars in KOF XIII. Billy, Saiki and Ash, IIRC. I don´t recall exactly, but you have to advance through the game doing lots of those "mini quests" like "roll 3 times", "do a drive cancel", etc., then Billy would challenge you after the 3rd match and once you win, you unlock him. Same for Ash and Saiki after the 5th match.
Saiki is somehow more complex than the average to play using all his tools, but he can be strong too. Getting used to him may be a bit harder, but entertaining.
Who´s your 3rd member right now?
I don´t think we can play decent matches because of the lag, but we can give it a chance. Anyway, I don´t know how to send invitations, look for friends or anything in steam. I just play KOF XIII, open a "room" and wait for challengers..., and often there are none.

Pepopulo, I think KOF XIII is pretty cheap right now. I don´t know about the ps3 version, but the xbox one is pretty laggy. Is really hard to find lagless matches. Lucky you if you don´t feel lag on your ps3!
pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Oh no,I mean,I do feel lag online,but I don't feel input lag offline (like in the ps3 version of USF4,where there's like 3 frames of delay)
Nueva tecnología!!!
krusan

Post by krusan »

I´ve never felt lag offline on xbox or steam version.

To access the DLC chars in steam KOF XIII, just move the cursor to the "original" character and press start (or was it select?), and it will be there.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

krusan wrote:Yes, you have to unlock some chars in KOF XIII. Billy, Saiki and Ash, IIRC. I don´t recall exactly, but you have to advance through the game doing lots of those "mini quests" like "roll 3 times", "do a drive cancel", etc., then Billy would challenge you after the 3rd match and once you win, you unlock him. Same for Ash and Saiki after the 5th match.
Saiki is somehow more complex than the average to play using all his tools, but he can be strong too. Getting used to him may be a bit harder, but entertaining.
Who´s your 3rd member right now?
I don´t think we can play decent matches because of the lag, but we can give it a chance. Anyway, I don´t know how to send invitations, look for friends or anything in steam. I just play KOF XIII, open a "room" and wait for challengers..., and often there are none.

Pepopulo, I think KOF XIII is pretty cheap right now. I don´t know about the ps3 version, but the xbox one is pretty laggy. Is really hard to find lagless matches. Lucky you if you don´t feel lag on your ps3!
Currently I start off with K', I just wanted a character with a projectile and a decent meterless combo. Also, I'm afraid I don't play online whatsoever. I have some offline people I can play with though, so it's cool.

Thanks for the tips on the DLC chars. Do they have trials?

pepopulo

Post by pepopulo »

Yup, in fact, EX Kyo's trials were the first I could finish :P
Nueva tecnología!!!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'll give it a shot then.

Last_Window

Post by Last_Window »

pepopulo wrote:And lastly,if THINK that what happens with Ralf's neo max is that the first hit puts the opponent in a ''cinematic'' (not actully a cinematic,but let's describe it that way) and every hit does X damage and does 94 hits, but if the first it misses he does another cinematic and every hit does Y damage and again does 94 hits (pretty uch like Takuma's neo max,if you do the cinematic you'll get the same damage as if only the ground pound hits)
I enabled the info box and the damage of the meaty Neo Max has 7's and 9's instead of 8's and 10's. I wonder why they made it this way. I didn't know that about Takuma's Neo Max though.

In regards to online, I have pretty much all the fighting games on Steam (USFIV, KoF XIII, SFxT, Skullgirls, Vanguard Princess, Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition, etcetcetc), but since it's either keyboard or PS3 controller I don't play seriously any of them, and I don't feel like buying one of those expensive arcade sticks just to play a couple of games. In fact I only play seriously the iOS games (KoF-i 2012, SFxT Mobile and SFIV Volt) just because I don't have to fight with the controls.

But anyway, if anyone wants to play my Steam ID (and Game Center) is LAST_WINDOW.
krusan

Post by krusan »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Inlv1Y6fCYQ

It seems that pausing during a "zoom in" can make weird things happen. It´s just something I didn´t know.