Interesting Threads on Other Forums

stay up to date on what's going on
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yeah, no one has played that character until the day of that video, she's new in the arcade version. Plus it's a Location Test, so we aren't expecting top players busting out elite skills on day-1, but rather just random people who jump on it.

Those players may or may not have even played the original PC version, for all we know.

Anyway, people just wanted to SEE the new character, which is also why the video is so short, it's just a teaser that some one prolly shot with his cell phone.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Hmmm, I didn't know about this place:
http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Appendix: ... game_terms
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

umm wow. the flutie? wtf......
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

The 1980! :^) Yeah, and I've never heard "straight" for OCV. But they do explain Abare and Okizeme, which you rarely see.

Mike Z
Maj

Re: Interesting Threads on Other Forums

Post by Maj »

US Comic Latest Release on Kaskus
- pages 385 and 386 (post #7681 onward) are a fucking beautiful social experiment on the topic of protecting indefensible privileges

edit: Nevermind, they deleted all the interesting paranoid posts guessing at whether there's a Marvel spy on their forum and what they can do about it. Now it's back to boring business as usual.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

UFGL: Underrated Fighting Game League

Due to the nature of the concept itself, I'm not sure it will actually work out. As in, maybe something good will come of it and maybe not. But it is a "good" idea in the sense that it's noble to try and get the ball rolling on some of these games.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

Yeah, though I don't really agree that all of these new games should be in there as they haven't really have had a chance to get underappreciated yet. But because of those games, it now looks like EX won't make it in there (which was originally a shoe in...)

But judging from the EX hate thats still strong at SRK I'm thinking of just giving up on it :-
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I wanted to try EX3 myself. I've only tried SF EX2+ so far.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Combat Cancelled on pushing buttons (Gouken8's blog)
- explains the combo/canceling system in God of War 2, along with a great deal of the reasoning behind their choices

Fighting System Planning 101- Part 1 on DJames' blog
- describes the day-one barebones foundation planning for a fighting game engine
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Anyone that's interested in MvC2 history: http://forums.shoryuken.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=24
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Blog resurrection!

Bullet Traps and Coverage

Badowww~ <3

Hmm I have two more posts in mind that I can do for that blog. I hope to complete them soon.
Last edited by Xenozip. on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

wow. Wall of text. School kicks my ass and I don't have time to play fun games on line. :cry:
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

It only looks huge cuz it's a skinny column that squishes the text. >_<

LOL, nah I know I'm a long winded rambling clown. It's ok if it's tl;dr, just skim/skip it you can get the just of it with some assumptions. :B
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Another post, my second: Passive and Direct Anti-Airs

Less text and more pictures this time. -_-

Gunna work on post three tomorrow.
Last edited by Xenozip. on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Something I did on srk that seems to be catching steam (?<3)

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread. ... ost5024595
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

^ Hmm I'll give that a read.

Also, here's post three: Moving Backwards to Win
Last edited by Xenozip. on Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I'm going to post my response here rather than on SRK. If you want me to relocate it, I can.
Magnetro wrote:I can't think of any other genre save for First Person Shooters that reward the player that learned the game and understands mind games between him and his foe.
Well I'm glad FPS games was what came to your mind. But yeah RTS does this too. ;)

Of course, there's also direct PvP in MMORPGs (some of them anyway).. But there's also a lot of indirect competitiveness in MMORPGs such as competitive with the economy or competition with the ladders via levels and survival, etc. And speaking of indirect competition, speedrunning games opens up basically every digital game to becoming competitive between players who are willing to break a game down and run the game better than anyone else.

Now, the reason I mention this is because your goal is to relate to other people. And this can be a medium that you use to relate to other people with. Because really, I've experienced all these forms of competitive gaming and I know that there isn't much difference. In order to really do a speedrun, you'll be rewarded a great deal more if you understand the game very well, so it does indeed reward you to level up your skill.

I think it's effective to say to someone who has never played a fighting game that "well, it's just like this...". Of course, it helps to know what elements exist in other game in order for you to relate these things to people. But as far as reaching out to people who do not play video games at all, I think it's a lost cause. I'd expect myself to get convinced I should play Tennis or Hockey sooner than I could convince a non-gamer into video games, let alone fighting games.
Magnetro wrote:There definitely needs to be some kind of bridge in order for people to get the most out of their experience. Usually people just see a combo video or match video on youtube and stop there since it doesn't link anywhere to SRK or any other site. Again, try to picture yourself learning about fighting games all over again in this day and age. Which brings me to my next topic.
Which is precisely why all my SFA3 videos on Youtube link back to SRK via the description. I believe the forums are the community, and the videos are a way of bringing interest to the community. Youtube is not a place to discuss things, but rather forums are.

The main reason why I don't scatter links to SRK for other games is, well, first of all SRK only really supports the Capcom community, and not everything I post is Capcom. And second, because these other games that I play aren't really designed for a beginner-level mindset. I don't want more and more random scrubs jumping in on us and then get their heads rocked by experienced seasoned players and then run away and quit gaming for good. And don't think it hasn't happened. In the IaMP community, quite a number of new players come in from not having absolutely any fighting game experience at all, they are fans of Touhou which are mostly shooter games, and then drop by to test it out and get owned horribly and quit. That gives a horrible impression to people in general.

But here's something else. In /jp/ on 4chan there seems to be a rising interest in IaMP because they stumbled upon it somehow via a video I think. And so naturally the two communities bumped into each other. Now the casual 4chan peeps are calling us "tourneyfags" and want absolutely nothing to do with us. They somehow believe that leveling up in a game is what ruins the game, and that it's more fun at a beginner level when you're just mashing buttons and playing around. There's only been about two people from 4chan that I know of that have entered our community with the hope and intention of leveling up. The rest of them will actually now refuse to play with us at all because we're "tourneyfags". Even though there has never been an IaMP tournament outside of Japan, oh irony.

You're definitely right on all counts of your post. But it's something that I've personally been doing for years, and nothing I have done has really worked. My only real results have been with people who already play some fighting game(s) and are willing to try something new. And frankly I am supremely baffled by the fact that two out of the four best IaMP players in the western IaMP community came from a zero-fightinggame-experience background. I've gotten quite a number of people into Guilty Gear even though I strongly dislike the game and don't play it. I've also gotten people to try 3rd Strike and Melty Blood despite the negative images surrounding both games. And don't think I haven't been trying to get you motherfuckers in on IaMP or anything *hinthint*, but I'm not a pusher really because I know what it was like for me before I gave IaMP a try -- I just plain didn't wanna. Until Blip wanted to try it, then I downloaded so we both could try it together.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

k.

Well, just keep trying to push for the idea of a noob forum since the people that stumble onto srk from youtube/whatever get turned off by it due to the GD or high level FGD crowd. =/

The video gallery is also not helping. It should be for GD videos only as Fighting Game videos are more precious nowadays.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

They get turned off by it because most sections are a cesspool in the eyes of new people. The only sections a new player should be visiting are the strategy sections like the general strategy subforums for MvC2, CvS2, 3S, SFA3, and the "other games" section. Those are the only spots that have actual gaming content without a mass of random opinions and general chatter.

They go on SRK and see the first few sections, make a noob post, get flamed, browse a bit more and see that SRK is mostly retarded, then buzz off.

The video section is fine. It could use a split, two subforums, one for fighting game only video and one for "everything else". This would allow for actual discussion of videos rather than just linklogging them. Which is a big issue I have right now. The forums are supposed to be there for discussion and nothing is getting discussed, just linked.

Just tell Wizard about it, he's usually accommodating when you put forward an idea in a strait forward and logical manner.
Maj

Post by Maj »

SRK's Video Gallery is most definitely not fine. There's pretty much no way to promote or discuss a video on SRK anymore.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I think we still discuss and promote important videos in the FGD combo video thread, and important match videos still get discussed in FGD's match video thread.

The video gallery provides a place for things that don't belong to get dumped in, which I think is kinda nice since that means I can link to and promote non-FG video game stuff and also link to youtube users who post a wide variety of things. But yeah I think it still needs to be divided into two subsections.

Also, my fourth new blog post: Aerial Strife.

The blog probably won't be seeing another update until the tutorial video is finished.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Uh, no. That FGD thread was good for a minute, but everyone stopped caring as soon as i stopped updating it on a regular basis. On any given page, there are more announcements than comments.

You take any Video Gallery thread (that SRK actually cares about) and move it to FGD, i guarantee you the amount of feedback triples.

Yeah man, there's nothing wrong with my TZW video getting three responses, buried under every example of human stupidity on the internet ...

SRK dropped the ball big-time. I used to look forward to hearing SRK's reactions. Now i don't even bother half the time.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maybe I'm just too comfortable with it being like a linklog, after all.

But honestly it's not so different from back before youtube either. Back when I posted my SFA3 tricks and SFA3 Guy videos on SRK the distribution was limited to torrents and combovideos.com. And you know all the responses I got from posting the threads on SRK? About two of them actually meant anything. The rest were just a steady flow of "good job, thumbs up, etc".

Yeah the threads got a ton of posts, but it was all junk as far as I'm concerned except for the three people who legitimately cared about the game at the time (and still care).

But that doesn't tell me anything. Exactly why I really dislike the rating system on YouTube. A star doesn't bloody tell me anything. Sure it tells me if you liked it or not, but that's not critique dammit. If something's wrong with it I won't *know* what's wrong with it. And if it's actually good the ratings don't really say anything even remotely like "hey this is practical -- hey I'm going to use this -- hey that's thinking outside the box -- this is standard, everyone should learn it", etc.

But I digress. I like that thread because it's a focal point for my interests. I don't have to go weeding through all the crap that gets posted in the "Match Videos" thread in the Video Gallery section, which I would normally hate doing because practically no games I have any interest in get posted there. Meanwhile "the combo video" thread in FGD is the only place I check up on regularly to see if something of interest gets posted, because that IS the spot that's almost guaranteed to have something of interest in it. I rarely ever skip over anything posted there.

Of course that may be due to the difference between thread topics, one is for matches and one is for combo productions, but still.

My point still stands. The video thread in FGD provides a benefit in the current (undesirable) state of affairs. A very reasonable and logical quickfix to this would be like I said before, divide the Video Gallery section into two subforums. This way new combo videos could get their own thread and discussion therein. Match videos could have one thread per game. And everything not game related could be in the misc sub forum.

And frankly I think instead of feeling this way privately, some one should really copy and paste this discussion to Mr.Wizard instead of talking about it here where he most likely wouldn't ever see it. Then maybe something can get done.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip. wrote:But that doesn't tell me anything. Exactly why I really dislike the rating system on YouTube.
Exactly. Youtube sucks and now SRK is imitating youtube. Maybe you don't have the fondest memories of SRK discussions about your videos, but mine were a hell of a lot more interesting than all the scrub comments those same videos get on youtube.
A very reasonable and logical quickfix to this would be like I said before, divide the Video Gallery section into two subforums.
FGD averages 50 to 100 viewers every time i glance at the number. Video Gallery viewer count is always a single digit. The problem isn't increased clutter. The problem is every additional wall further dilutes your audience. The reason i don't bother talking to Wizard is because it's not fixable.

For the record, VidOp was my attempt at solving this dilemma. Unfortunately it was far too much work for one person and then it fell apart via other drama before i even had a chance to cope with the workload.

Video Gallery "fixes" the clutter in FGD by making you and me irrelevant. If you're comfortable with that, well it's your call i suppose.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Well you already knew my answer to that because I've stated it before. As a combo 'artist' I'm perfectly fine with being irrelevant, and even now I won't bother labeling my videos with my name. And the recently produced MBAC Aoko video by Ikusat and myself, most people think it's entirely done by Ikusat and I'm just plain elated to hear it. The important thing to me with combos is the content, not the name behind who created it. Match videos are an entirely different story.

And yeah I think the problem is really directly clutter. People don't post in the combo video thread anymore *most likely* because they feel added posts with no links is just plain clutter. If you were able to make a thread for each new combo video released then absolutely no one would be afraid to post whatever the hell comments they wanted to in that thread. And if some one who regularly used youtube was really trying to achieve that they could disable the youtube comments and ratings and link to the thread in the description. Hell, I myself don't even post comments much in that thread simply because I feel that 'the latest vid' posted isn't what the thread is about (even thought it's supposed to be), and my posts would just take up space and be clutter that other people have to filter through just to notice your video link. Meanwhile if FG videos had their own subsection then you could have your own thread for the TZW video and then no one would be afraid to post in it at all.

But then that cycles back to my underlying point that even if it had it's own thread, the majority (if not all) of the posts in that thread would just be a "hi, how are you, keep up the good work" and no real critique at all.

I'm not saying you're wrong here. I really think you're correct and don't disagree. Definitely the best solution would be to have a very focused web site designed specifically for the purpose of showcasing and discussing videos of interest, like Video Opera. And I know this from my experiences in the FPS community where BluesNews was the mecca for everything Quake related. But when that doesn't work out, what else can we do other than giving up? MY vote is still to try to organize SRK a little bit by suggesting things to the people who run it instead of assuming they they have already thought of all this and refuse to do it and/or don't need any help with it. SRK is designed for a very specific purpose and has at times really shut out a lot of potential use, but that doesn't mean they are completely unaccommodating to every single thing. And if it doesn't work out then try something else, but I really don't think it hurts to at least try.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Actually, since I brought up BluesNews and nearly made myself cry... there was a time that I believed that SRK could actually be just that. I thought SRK could be bluesnews. I thought SRK could be VideoOpera + GoForBroke + McNinja + Dustloop + SRK + so much more. It really wasn't an unimaginable dream since it has happened in the past for a video game; Quake's BluesNews.

However, SRK has decided that SRK was going to be about Capcom only. I don't know why, but that's how it is and I don't think it matters why. And I for one am completely supportive of that even though I mostly play other fighting games (non-Capcom games). If I were a different kind of person I might have even been just like "fuck 'yall I'm just playing non-Capcom games now", but I don't think I'd ever really remove myself from the Capcom community. Meanwhile, there are many people who see certain things in and of the community, lots of us know exactly what's going on with the community, and SRK wasn't able/going to provide us with what was in mind. So, there were players, like yourself, that went separate ways in order to provide to the community what was certainly beneficial. Please don't think I'm unaware of that.

But SRK isn't going to step up and do it all by itself, nor is it going to support non-Capcom games, and that's just how it is. Lately I've even begun to respect the decision not to support deprecated Capcom games. SRK, at it's core, it's different from the ideals of others. But that doesn't mean they can't still be BluesNews, or something a little like it.

I don't expect them to be able to pull it off all at once, or even really WANT to do it. But again, that doesn't mean it can't be so. However, I know I'm not doing a single damn thing to make my dream come true. And I know I should really be giving it my best to realize this dream. But that really just isn't who I am. I'm not blue. And I'm not saying you are or you aren't. And I'm not saying the next guy is or is not. But this is just how it is in our current state of affairs. If we really want things to change, then I personally and very highly doubt that they are totally unchangeable.

Frankly, without SRK I think Video Opera essentially started out as SRK, and I think it eventually would have mutated into SRK, just with more front page articles. So why not just move the to the next logical step and clean up SRK and support SRK in order to make it SRK++ (the ideal SRK)?

Sure you can say I'm so totally wrong and tell me I'm a narrow minded asshat. But here's why I love Magnetro's post so much, he understands that the people who are totally wrong are just misinformed and inexperienced, and certainly not hype to get the ball rolling or for things to move forward. And in a way, that's sort of who I am, and how I see it. I love fighting games, sure, but at this very moment this community disappoints me and I don't love it enough to step up to the plate and change it.

So I mean, so tell me, what are the options and what do we do? I think that's what people really need to hear, and maybe even myself included.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Heheheh, you know, myself and many others have been fighting for an SFA sub-forum on SRK for fuck-knows how many years? TS and Middlekick and Apoc and so very many others have said that SRK needed a dedicated forum for SFA instead of relegating it to "other games". It wasn't until SFAA was released that the SFA forum was finally put it. And now look at it. It's a bit cleaner now, but it's really no different than how it was back when all SFA-related threads were dumped in the "Other Games" forum.

But you know, we stuck in there and talked about it reasonably and logically. And now SFA has it's own forum. And I'm sure it's going to continue to have it's own forum years from now. And there will be threads of interest, and posts of interests. And I can certainly say for myself that there has been incentive to both play games and create videos for SFA3 just based off the new forums.

I certainly would never have even created this thread or any of the videos linked therein had there not been a dedicated subsection.

So anything video-related got dumped into a "other videos" section. Well, IMO it's just time to fight for a subforum again. But yeah, going back to my previous post I think the main SRK page could use some work too. Sadly, I'm not the one to do it.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip. wrote:As a combo 'artist' I'm perfectly fine with being irrelevant, and even now I won't bother labeling my videos with my name.
Hm, you're turning self-sacrifice into peer sabotage. It's one thing if you're ambivalent when it comes to self-promotion, but it's an altogether different issue when you publicly advocate confining our entire subcommunity's efforts to a tiny basement which nobody bothers visiting. If you had made these arguments a year ago and they had influenced the banning of video threads from FGD, you and i wouldn't get along.

But since SRK forums are already a lost cause for video exposure/feedback, it really doesn't matter to me how much worse it becomes. I mean, it's gotten to the point where i receive just as much feedback posting on HVO, CX, and PA.

I'm glad you're able to salvage some use of SRK's resources, but to me that linklog is nothing more than a cryptic, disorganized, unsearchable, rapidly aging list of poorly documented youtube links. Even if one of those ten people glossing over them is inspired to comment, the sheer quantity of content is too overwhelming to permit discussion. And active discussion is the only way to make it self-sustaining.

As far as i'm concerned, SRK is FGD and everything else is an extension. The further away you get from FGD, the more you reduce your access to the core community as a whole. When it was decided that all videos should be relegated to some dimly lit corner of SRK, they essentially decreed our efforts to be less vital than the Bloody Roar Tier List and the Rockefeller Appreciation Thread. And the only reason they did it was because the mods didn't want to deal with judging/policing those threads on an individual basis. They could have allowed the quality videos to have their own threads in FGD while merging the crappy ones into the Combo Video thread, but that probably seemed like too much of a headache so we all got severely penalized instead.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj wrote:Hm, you're turning self-sacrifice into peer sabotage.
What? I don't understand where peer sabotage came from. Ikusat clearly gave credit to me in the Aoko video. My SN was plastered all over the places the video was originally posted including youtube, srk, and in the actual video. It wasn't until it reached non-English speaking sites that my name didn't appear, or on IRC or forums outside of SRK that my name got overlooked for his. It had absolutely zero to do with what either he or I did. Most certainly if the video had been torrented only, people would still overlook my name, so I'm pretty sure it's not youtubes "fault" either (nor Ikusat's since he put my name in it). Players just simply chose not to even see my SN while watching the video. There's been countless times where some one has referenced the video and mentioned Ikusat as though it were his video, despite my name clearly appearing in the video. But this is really aside from the point by a long shot, IMO. The question is, does it really bother me? And my answer has been and will remain: No.

And I'm certainly not turning something into anything. I'm telling you directly how I feel about what has actually happened. I do not care that other people see the footage and associate it with Ikusat instead of with my SN.

And now I will intend to be openly blunt and specific. What you see in the Aoko video isn't really even me in the first place. I feel it's a very poor representation of who I am and how I play, as a gamer. I do not even regularly play Aoko -- out of the six characters that I do play in MBAC, Aoko would be the last on the list. And of the four games that I play, MBAC is currently the last. The only thing the video represents is my knowledge of the character. It doesn't represent anything about how I play or what I know about the gameflow or anything regarding strategy. And that is the label Xenozip showing this. And I strongly feel the label Xenozip and the gamer behind it are not one in the same, certainly not when it comes to gametime/tournaments. If anything, the video demonstrates Ikusat's ability as a video editor and director, and he's quite good at it. I have applauded him many times over for his excellent choreography. I still feel he should get credit for the video and my name should be an after-thought if anything.
Maj wrote:But since SRK forums are already a lost cause for video exposure/feedback, it really doesn't matter to me how much worse it becomes. I mean, it's gotten to the point where i receive just as much feedback posting on HVO, CX, and PA.
See that's why I buzz out. You don't care if it gets worse.

At the risk of sounding like an extreme hypoctire: not caring is certainly not making it any better, is it?

But like I admitted before, I'm not really doing anything about it. Still, that doesn't mean I don't care. I don't actually WANT to sit around and watch it die. I'm still going to use it, I'm still going to link to it, I'm still going to specifically make videos so that I can post them on it, I'm still going to make sure it's a standard medium among my real life personal acquaintances. And one day I might really try and have a thought out discussion with Mr.Wizard in hopes that things can be modified for the better, like they have in the past. And yet right now, at this very moment, I do not actively play any Capcom games at all.
Maj wrote:I'm glad you're able to salvage some use of SRK's resources, but to me that linklog is nothing more than a cryptic, disorganized, unsearchable, rapidly aging list of poorly documented youtube links. Even if one of those ten people glossing over them is inspired to comment, the sheer quantity of content is too overwhelming to permit discussion. And active discussion is the only way to make it self-sustaining.

As far as i'm concerned, SRK is FGD and everything else is an extension. The further away you get from FGD, the more you reduce your access to the core community as a whole. When it was decided that all videos should be relegated to some dimly lit corner of SRK, they essentially decreed our efforts to be less vital than the Bloody Roar Tier List and the Rockefeller Appreciation Thread. And the only reason they did it was because the mods didn't want to deal with judging/policing those threads on an individual basis. They could have allowed the quality videos to have their own threads in FGD while merging the crappy ones into the Combo Video thread, but that probably seemed like too much of a headache so we all got severely penalized instead.
Yeah, like I said, I disagree that with this train of throught. You're saying what's done is done and we can't change it. But we can. Rather than just saying "oh, it's over" and moving on, let's do something about it.

However, I'm just going to go off on a random tangent now. I'm going to, right now as I type this, ask some one who has played ST since it was available in America and still plays it even to this day, right now (not acting/exaggerating). [Xeno]: "What do you think of F.G.D. and to a lesser extent, G.D. on Shoryuken?", [player]: "Hah, garbage".

So even though this player is a Capcom fan, and still thinks this way, are you going to penalize the player for thinking this way, and penalize SRK by not supporting it or trying to fix either the player's view or the site itself?

Seriously. I think Magnetro has the totally right idea in the sense that we can educate. I don't want to throw that person out of the community, not do I want to give up on SRK just because of that person's view. I want to rearrange SRK and I want to inform that player that SRK can/will be a better place. After all, a better place CAN exist. SRK isn't currently BluesNews, but it CAN be.

When I was an SFA3 player bumping into SRK, if this had been my attitude, you better believe I'd be completely unheard of in the SRK community. All my efforts for SFA3, MB, GG, Monster, IaMP, AoSX. Yeah I definitely wouldn't be an SRK member or supported it at all since I would have been dumped into the very dimly lit "Other Games" section. But this is not my attitude. Apoc, TS, Middlekick, and many others including myself struggled for a SFA forum for many years and it was not implemented until SFAA was released "recently". However, now that it has been implemented I know the things I've posted there have not gone unappreciated or unnoticed. Now that there is a forum for SFA, I really do try hard to bring forth some of my knowledge of SFA3.

Now if you want to disagree with that, again, go right ahead. You can classify me as some one outside the "bubble". But IMO Magnetro is a step ahead of me and is willing to forgive my ignorance and work towards an educational solution for myself and others. Yeah I don't know you personally, I wasn't *there* when it all happened, I'm not OG. But I'm willing to listen. And right now, IMO, there is no place for anyone to broadcast this message other than SRK. So yeah I'm gunna stick with it and listen and try to support.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

I don't have the energy to make a long post right now but I wanted to mention Maj's choice of actions:

He was the last person in my head that wouldn't do anything about what I posted in the thread. Of all people that I know, I figured he would do something about it in some way, shape or form. I kind of see what he's talking about and it has to do with other stuff we talked about in person probably, but I still dont' want to guess -- i asked jchensor to help me out with the stuff i wanted to change on srk and he said he'd ask Mr.Wizard but he wasn't too hopeful about it.

It's cool that you guys are talking this much about it but I have to agree with whichever one of you said that this should be copy pasted onto srk so people could have it as food for thought and keep the discussion (on srk) going. The worst thing that could happen IMO is for the idea to never even get through to ppl on srk. There are a lot of peopel that could do some change in the community but I feel as if it hasn't been really exposed enough for everyone to notice it and think about the thread before they even log on to srk. I don't want to go on a rant about how I don't like GD but I think it's safe to say that everyone understands that GD got too big and SRK has to accommodate GD a lot more than before. IMO this is the reason why the video gallery came to be; not cause of fgd stuff, but the "HEY GUYS LOOK AT THIS" video threads on GD. I also feel the Video Gallery is where great ideas and content go to die, that's why i really want to change that around. I dont know if it's possible but i was willing to make that thread on srk at least.

um lastly, i just want to mention again that you guys and anyone here should participate in the srk thread. Perhaps you dont want to talk to the general scrub pop and thats why you're holding it here, but remember, you can always ignore what they say and have them figure stuff out through what you two are talking about. The lurker to poster ratio is pretty bad there now, it's most evident when something good comes up and you see 1,000 views and 72 posts. =/ anyway tthis post is getting pretty long and I can't concentrate on it anylonger and if i keep typing it would be a waste of time for both of us.

k