Interesting Threads on Other Forums

stay up to date on what's going on
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Maj wrote:
Anyway ...

Who wants to make a (millionaire) combo video? on SRK
- Raven Zwei is trying to revive the original CvS2EO P-Groove combo ideas thread to get that video finally published
Yeah I hope that works out, I want too see those combos on video. I was gonna record some of them but the big problem is now the fact that all the capture cards I was looking to use are down. Maybe I should just like collaborate with laugh or something to get my combos done.
laugh

Post by laugh »

I can't do any recording at the moment because my camcorder is on a loan for about a week. I've recently got out of my "no more combo videos for awhile" mode from my last cvs2 video, and I am starting to get new ideas again and was trying out combos and setups I had written down. When my camcorder comes back from China, I'll be up for it.

There's still another problem though. I don't have EO.
CC that shit
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Well, I have a bunch of stuff from a very stalled combo video. So if you ever want any of it just let me know.
laugh

Post by laugh »

Thanks for the offer. I'll keep that in mind. :)
CC that shit
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, buit this is possibly the most awesome thing ever:

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/377529

It starts off pretty slow, but stick with it - it's worth the watch.
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

trapcode shine </3

Some of the fight parts were cool
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Inkblot declares that Marvel players need to STFU and Play.

Added another lengthy post to my blog hurrr (if anyone cares).

And I started an FG limerick thread on SRK: Fighting Game Limericks.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well of course inkblot made that post. Since Dark Prince aka Duc jr got banned from Evo, somebody from Evo staffed needed to step up and justify the decision. It's too bad cuz all of this hype from that guy's money matches with Clockw0rk and ShadyK could have rolled into Evo and made for a lot of excitement in the tournament. At the end of the day, tournament results are way more important than money match results and it would have been great to have all of that rivalry drama going into Evo.

But DPC dropped the ball with those childish threats and everyone is disappointed that the hype won't carry over to Evo. So ink had to take the only stance he could, which is to say that Evo doesn't need that kinda shit. It's the smart move, from a marketing standpoint.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

And, quite frankly, he speaks the truth. It's something that just had to be said. I know the MvC2 community has grown to be something far different than all of the other communities, but still: having a match between a mid/upper-tier player and Justin Wong playing mid-tier characters be that hyped... it really IS a circus show at that point, don'tcha think?

- James
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Magnetro wrote:This thread totally has everything to do with 'us'

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=130553
TS' response video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7pUj5m8pk
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

"TS (who is me)" had me lol'ing
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

I loved the part during the end where the monkey had poked the snake so much it was bleeding then looked back and smiled. The song made it much funnier :D. + Jin Blodia Punch reset was funny
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Speaking of which, what anime is that? it has 'classic' written all over it.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Now THAT made me laugh. A lot. Best thing was the useless crap that happened after just about every combo. Everytime I saw that, I laughed. So I laughed a lot.

- James
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's happening!! Jwong vs Calipower!! The GREATEST MM of all time!! on SRK
- dog-face somehow managed to organize a 5-game (ST/A2/3S/CvS2/MvC2) money match between Alex Valle and Justin Wong for Evo Worlds
laugh

Post by laugh »

Wow, so he got it rigged up now? That's sick. He deserves nice things for getting that done for the community.
CC that shit
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Any predictions on who's taking winner in each game?

My predictions for ST/A2/3S/CvS2/MvC2
Valle, Valle, Wong, Wong, Wong
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

That would be my calls also, but I haven't seen them in action in each game (especially not lately). I think Justin May just be able to make an upset in ST. As for the newer games, I don't know if it's 3S or CvS2 where Valle has the best shot of beating Wong. I'd probably say 3S. I'd say CvS2 if Alex played A-Groove ^^
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

ST=valle
A2=valle
3s=Tie
CvS2=Wong
MvC2=Wong

if I had to pick 3s, it'd be valle. Wongs lost to a rush down ken before, if Valle gets mad practice in, he should pull it out.

and I honestly don't know enough about Valles CvS2 to call it fairly, but wong will probably take it.
TS

Post by TS »

Xenozip. wrote:
Magnetro wrote:This thread totally has everything to do with 'us'

http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=130553
TS' response video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta7pUj5m8pk
ZenFire wrote:"TS (who is me)" had me lol'ing
Magnetro wrote:I loved the part during the end where the monkey had poked the snake so much it was bleeding then looked back and smiled. The song made it much funnier :D. + Jin Blodia Punch reset was funny
jchensor wrote:Now THAT made me laugh. A lot. Best thing was the useless crap that happened after just about every combo. Everytime I saw that, I laughed. So I laughed a lot.

- James
<3 youz guys.

For the record, the "anime" if you could even call it that, I got under the name "Thunder Prince" as one of those $1 Wal-Mart DVDs. The worst animated thing ever.

About the Wong vs Valle match... There's only a 35% chance of me making it to Evo this year, but I'm thinking about actually putting some money down on Valle (which is funny because I don't gamble at all). And I think betting on other people's matches is really ghetto and just sort of dumb, but I just feel the need to prove a point.

A lot of people are posting like this is a free win for Wong. And given the SRK demographic, I understand that- a lot of these players are sorta new school and don't really know who Alex Valle is. Which to me is like someone talking about how great Kobe Bryant is but not knowing anything about Michael Jordan.

But I get the feeling some of these players should know better. I'm thinking if Valle accepted the bet, that means he's serious enough to train for the matches (though he may not bother with Marvel to focus on the other games) which means he can take it.

It reminds me of the people who said Sanford was gonna win Evo for free last year, because the only person in his league was Wong and supposedly nobody on the west coast could touch him. And then he of course lost to Row and Duc and didn't make it out of his pool...

I feel the same way about this. It isn't that I don't think Wong is good- he's really, really good. And if you think Wong will win, it's a smart bet. But please understand the situation, especially if you're talking smack about people who you could never beat personally.

Not talking about anyone posting here, of course.
Am I added?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Likewise, Wong gets very serious when money is on the table.

Still, I think we all know the results for ST, A2, and MvC2 in advance. So, the question is the other two games.
Xenozip.

A dream

Post by Xenozip. »

I have a dream, I have a vision.

Please bare with me for a moment because I am very very serious.

First listen to this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_lYJpMqsiQ
It's probably not going to be appealing to your ears, but just bare with it and try to really hear it and familiarize yourself with it for just a moment.

And now listen to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MKrYxtCLyY
This is the Beat Throat Mario version. This version is an acappella version of the same song.

Again, you might not see the significance of it, but just imagine. Just think of M.Bison or Sagat's theme from SF2, and Akuma or Ibuki's theme from SF3, and Charlie or Dhalsim's theme from SFA2, and Rose and Karin's theme from SFA3. Imagine the possibility, imagine the potential.

It would be so fucking great I can't even describe.

Meanwhile, there's also these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5holgw14HQo
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zvgk10YlRtg
felineki

Post by felineki »

Ha, I sing video game music to myself like that all the time (albeit only one track at a time, of course, since I only have one larynx).
ZenFire

Re: A dream

Post by ZenFire »

Xenozip. wrote:First listen to this on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_lYJpMqsiQ
It's probably not going to be appealing to your ears, but just bare with it and try to really hear it and familiarize yourself with it for just a moment.
You don't know me! I actually liked it. it' slike euro 90's house/happy hardcore meets 8bit synthesizers. IIRC euro house is pretty big in Japan.

anyway, that acapella thing was pretty well done, but who would you find to do it for you? I think it might be a lot of work?
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Are the guys who did that acapella version of the song you posted the same people who did the acapella version of the Katamari song on We <3 Katamari? Or is this just a popular thing to do in Japan?

- James
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Oh and btw... those Mega Man 2 videos were really awesome. Obviously Tool-Assisted gameplay, but the video wasn't the point as much as the music, IMO. The music made it awesome.

- James
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

jchensor wrote:Are the guys who did that acapella version of the song you posted the same people who did the acapella version of the Katamari song on We <3 Katamari? Or is this just a popular thing to do in Japan?

- James
Dunno. Any idea who did the Katamari song?

The people who did the Touhou song were "Beat Throat Mario" or simply "Beat Mario", and they are pretty hardcore Touhou fans it seems. They've done live concerts in cosplay outfits <-- vid.

If anyone was vaguely curious; the guitarist is dressed like Sakuya Izayoi, the drummer is has a Hong Meiling hat on, and the keyboardist has a Marisa Kirisame hat on. I dunno what they are singing about but it's hilariously awesome somehow. Erin is some character from Touhou.

Oh, here's another random video from another crazed Touhou fan (related video).

Hehe, more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO7JXlr0niM
[Edit] I feel the urge to point out that I freaking love the above video. I believe it's a promotional vid for Perfect Cherry Blossom (a Touhou shmup). I'd probably never play the shmup ever in my life, but that video is pretty damn tight. But those characters are in IaMP too, so I just pretend it's a promo for IaMP and get hype, hahaha.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Xenozip. wrote:Dunno. Any idea who did the Katamari song?
Apparently a group called Dokaka, so different group apparently.
Xenozip. wrote:(related video).
What the HELL did you just make me watch?!? I'm... soooooo.... I... dunno... what I just saw?!?

- James
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

jchensor wrote:What the HELL did you just make me watch?!? I'm... soooooo.... I... dunno... what I just saw?!?

- James
Hahaha it's gunna be OK.

Random Touhou fandom. Methamphetamines, sugar, and too much free time. Thanks Japan.

.. Breathe deep. :)
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

You know, if you think you have the mental fortitude I actually have a ton of cracked-out j-vids, hehehe.

But a word of warning, it may hurt you. Just a little bit. ;)