SFZ - Random Combos

video previews, releases, and feedback
Keiko

SFZ - Random Combos

Post by Keiko »

Before i get started with my new SFZ2 Videos, i just put together some Old combos i had on my HDD in this little video for Street Fighter Zero.
The Video features combos for almost all major revisions/Ports of the Game:

- Street Fighter Alpha (USA)
- Street Fighter Zero (JR2)
- Street Fighter Alpha (Saturn/PSX)
- Street Fighter Zero (CPS Changer)

Sorry for the sound problems on the console combos...the volume is a little bit low.
Here it is, i hope you find it at least interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkdK1bqvQvg
Brief Explanations of whats going on: http://streetfighterzero2.blogspot.com/ ... os-01.html
Cheers and thanks for taking your time on watching it ^^.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
error1

Re: SFZ - Random Combos

Post by error1 »

those are all really good, I really liked the Charley walk forward jabs, Sagat double super, Birdy link after super and the last rose combo.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Very cool, love the Rose one vs Akuma the most. With a lot of these, it's very impressive that they're done manually, there's a fair bit of complicated 2P stuff going on.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Thanks for the comments guy, i really aprecciate it ^^.
Hopefully i have a hugeeeee help of some friends with the player 2 to make the things a little bit easier.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Raging Hawk

Post by Raging Hawk »

Keiko wrote: Here it is, i hope you find it at least interesting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkdK1bqvQvg
C'mon, Keiko. Those were all great and impressive. I mostly liked the Charlie one's with the Multi Jabs and the Sagat one with two super's, was also cool.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Great video, i really enjoyed watching it. There was a lot of stuff i didn't know about. So those Alpha Counter combos only work on Birdie? In all versions?

For Rose's friends combos against Sodom, is he doing Tengu Walking before every hit or only once before each time Rose pushes a button? Btw my favorite combo in the video was Rose vs Sodom at 1:49.

Can you explain the Charlie jab combos? On your website it says that he's canceling c.LP into walking forward? How is that possible?

Lastly, what's "CPS Changer"?
error1

Post by error1 »

Maj wrote: Lastly, what's "CPS Changer"?
Capcom Power System Changer was a cps1 home console by capcom ( like the neo geo console in a lot of ways )
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CPS_Changer
it wasn't very successful but in appreciation for people who bought it they made the final game for it a cps1 version of street fighter zero. It has worse sound and animation but otherwise it's a good port. I mostly use it because you can cheat a better dramatic battle out of it, if you need a mute code for it I ended up having to find one for the 'bgm' promo
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

The SFZ CPS Changer is a "watered" version of the Street Fighter Alpha but for CPS1 Board, it was a very strange Capcom realese for some kind of Home Console experiment, you can find detailed info about the CPS Changer here: http://nfggames.com/games/cpschanger/
In the CPS Changer Rom the Background Music and the Sound Effects of the game are very crappy, that's his "trademark".
The Nash's "Walk Cancel" only works in Playstation/Sega Saturn Ports (not sure if in SFAA too), Nash seems to have less recovery time for his C.Jab/S.Jab and taking the advantage of the Huge Sodom Sprite that kind of combos are possible.
The Alpha Counter Juggles works only on Birdie with just a few characters of the cast, Adon, Chun-Li, Sodom, Dan & Gouki and yes it works on all versions, but like i said in my post, some special scenarios are needed for some of this combos to work (Birdie in Jumping Stance, cornered, etc).
For the Rose Soul Illusion Juggles, Sodom Needs to perform his Tengu Walk by Each Hit of the J.Strong/J.Fierce S.I Shadows.
Last edited by Keiko on Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Awww... what a shame I saw one of the combos that we had planned for DAMAGE (the Rose/Gouki one with nasty damage... i guess error1 made it?). also I was cooking the one of Chun/Sagat with the roll recovery set up but ending with tenshoukyaku in the end instead of a kikoushou.

Anyways, pretty lovely and creative set ups. I highly approved it.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Thanks Vecta, i didnt know that error was planning to use the Rose vs Gouki combo, i just saw it, but his version is even better than mine.
Sorry for all the spelling mistakes on the previus post... i didnt sleep in all the day...i just dont knew what i was writing haha.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Raine

Post by Raine »

Awesome stuff. I love it!
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Remxi wrote:Awesome stuff. I love it!
Thanks Remxi, i'm glad you like it.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey is this video tool-assisted or manual? Some of the Charlie/Rose stuff looks pretty hard to do but certainly not impossible, so i didn't want to guess.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Maj wrote:Hey is this video tool-assisted or manual? Some of the Charlie/Rose stuff looks pretty hard to do but certainly not impossible, so i didn't want to guess.
Manual, i'm just starting to learn frame advance and macrolua, mzk was teaching me some stuff about it.
So i hope to take advantage of that in my upcomming realeses.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Maj

Post by Maj »

Okay cool, just making sure before i added the tag on ComboVid.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Wow really impressive, great vid!
Some combos are madness, you must have to work hard to do that, congratulations.
At second 0:24, the Akuma s combo... We have a SF4 vid with the same set up! Lol, and we thought we had discovered something ... that we are sad, hehehehe
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Thanks a lot Tigre ^^, i'm glad you like it.
Maybe in a few weeks (i dont know yet, i have to finish some stuff first) i will made another SFZ1 video but for Charlie only.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog