video previews, releases, and feedback
onReload

Re: Grimy Comments

Post by onReload »

i think you have the appropriate response right there
spookydonkey

Post by spookydonkey »

well of course... since this one lil video is representative of the sum totality of 2 decades worth of sf experience & the whole of my cody philosophies :P
ewige blumenkraft!
Maj

Post by Maj »

On SRK front page today:
Keits wrote:Maj at Sonic Hurricane has a gift for his fans! As promised, he delivered a video full of extended scenes and deleted cuts from his epic fireball battle video in exchange for reaching 5000 youtube subscriptions. Congrats!
Five irritating words in under three sentences: fans, promised, his, epic, exchange.
onReload

Post by onReload »

i guess keits reads credits too quickly as well... "oh, 'sonic hurricane!'"
Doopliss

Re: Random Funny Quotes

Post by Doopliss »

Lol, I blocked this dude because he was acting like a complete retard, but then shit got real, because he created a new account (snugglegardea) and then he started writing the most hilarious things, he even started replying to comments I made on other videos, sooooooooooooooo butthurt XD
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Yeah, I guess it belongs in this thread, but they are basically the same thing imo XD

Persona

Post by Persona »

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2011/mar/ ... /#comments

I found the 5th comment pretty funny because I'm pretty sure that person intended it to be an insult but I think the majority of people (guys anyhow) would find that a compliment (not saying females are better off useless, just saying I believe the majority of people would choose a cute and useless over flat out ugly but useful, if given only those two choices). He sounds so angry/offended by the video, or maybe he was insulting the earlier commentor who was saying Trish is a useless character. Who knows. But I found it pretty funny, nevertheless.
Persona

Post by Persona »

desk wrote:This guy is such a huge fan of my vids. (first one is a PM)
valk4life wrote:I wipe my ass on $50

how about offering a $1000+ bounty for replication of ur shitty tool assisted combos and we'll see someone take it seriously and take your money.

Oh wait, you're an unemployed bum who sits at home all day playing street fighter, that's why you couldn't cough up anymore than $50, get your priorities right you sad mother fucker.

And if you're so good get your ass down to evo or any other major sf tourney, you're just an online fake.
my witty retort...
biffotasty wrote: You're awesome :)
This guy is bothering me too, except he's on another account (I know since I blocked that account and now he's extra salty). He PMed me so I guess I should say the same exact thing as you have said, to see his reaction. :P
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

This one made me laugh (About Joo DVD):
This is so gay, I cant believe peeps r watching this crap, its against the machine, try to be a little more fierce & not as gay next time, Use ur anything I bet ya I can make u re-thing what u play as & Trust me Its Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 NOT Marvel Vs. Marvel 2, Some say Marvels the best But u will be amazed drive by my hood go FFA if u live in da' valley, Family Fun Arcade and u'll see whos the best =)>
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

i lol'd
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

Not a single zero combo ? im sorry but i am going to have to thumbs down this vid based on that alone. Just a bunch of cheap characters, with the exception of a few.
error1

Post by error1 »

aleckszmainder

Need ur help
Sorry 2 disturb u again but i need to make something 4 me.
I try 2 add 3 skills on oni and i faild and lose a day try.
I try 2 add a super combo whit start animation:Personal Action 2 next trow gohadoken trow next gohadoken and Gorai Hadoken firebal in the same thime whit the same speed next hit 5 thimes and finish whit Electricity body like Gourai Hadoken and 350dmg.
The next skill i faild 2 add is teleport from evil ryu boss(2 able 2 hit on teleprot)I add teleport but i can hit on teleporting and back teleport crash And the 3rd skill trow fireball's like akuma in air.
I need ur help becouse i get alot of errors,the last Ono editor crash on some animation and i have 2 start from 0 all thing,
on oni files i can open them 1 thime if i open and save then try 2 open again the program crush.
Please help me.
Not 2 mention original super combo make FORWARD DOWN BACK HK in air and ground and Ultra 2 FORWARD DOWN FORWARD DOWN LP MP HP

PLEASE I NEED THOUS SKILLS
Sent to: error00001

aleckszmainder

Re: Need ur help
Man i succes u add 1 new super combo but the problem is, i don t know how u make strike faster like other super combos, 4 example from sagat strike whit fireball then super combo in the next second or hit whit some combo s and then strike whit super combo u know what i meen, if i trow a fireball i have to wait till that fireball connect and finish animation then i can strike whit super combo.
And i don t know how u add that animation when i hit my opponent 2 be electrocuted.
Sent to: error00001
I am as far from a grammar Nazi as anyone I know, but this is the last time I respond to a pm like this. He needs to find a better translator
Maj

Post by Maj »

kexell wrote:re: SF? Guile Exhibition (OHN6 Edition)

difficulty very easy?
Made me laugh.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I can fill up this thread by myself with the crazy amount of shit talk and hate i get on every single video i release.Why the controvercy lol.
Taken from both the eventhubs article and the vid itself, the Dudley combovid:
IAmKingHomey wrote:@Dreamking2323 I feel you brother. TA is just not classy.
Dreamking wrote:I decided to stop watching this video as soon as I saw the Rose fireball AND Dudley rose throw set up in one combo. But then I gave it another chance and the very next combo was a jumping Dhalsim counter hit.....Sorry guys, it's just not for me. I'm not a fan of tool assisted stuff
cyn wrote:lame tool assists
BrokenPad wrote:Not to be an as*hole, as im sure this was hard to make. But how many Dudley link/combo videos do we really need to watch? desk has a ton. Snoootch has already done this in certain combo videos. Getting REAAALY repetitive. As I've seen all of this 30 times over
BrokenPad wrote:*Links totally unrelated stun==> Each one has the same thing we see here. Have fun looking like an idiot.
Aqua wrote: @7: yeah, i think by now desk has dudley covered
Thenewdeal wrote:Many of these combos are direct rips of these, with slight derivatives. While there is some new stuff, I see a nice chunk of these repeated here and there. Much of this has been seen before.
Eventc2ub wrote:Good job with the tool assistance though, doing combos by hand is soo early 2000's.
Maj

Post by Maj »

In retrospect, it's not that surprising. For starters, all Dudley combos blend together like crazy so i can't even tell one clip from another. At the end of your video, i couldn't remember one thing that stood out from the rest. (I'm sure non-Guile players feel the same way about most Sonic Boom combos.)

Then you've got captain eventhubs feeling threatened by your video and directing his fanbase to hate on you. It doesn't help that you pretty much despise the guy, so you never took the time to establish any kind of relationship with him that would've prevented him from attacking you.

But whatever, it doesn't matter. If this is the best Dudley video to come out of SSF4, then people will refer back to it regardless of what the webmonsters say now. Although for the record, you could've avoided this whole mess by putting that dude's name in special thanks.

In fact, your last few vids had no special thanks whatsoever. You straight up asked me for a clip for your last video and then didn't mention it at all. Are you afraid of sharing credit or something? 'Cause nobody on u2b actually bothers reading credits, so it doesn't actually cost you anything.
onReload

Post by onReload »

I just don't get why a jumping Dhalsim counterhit means "tool assistance." ...It's really not that hard to work with by hand. Does non-TA also mean "All Dummies Standing Plainly"?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Once you build up enough hate momentum, rational logic goes out the window. Once that happens, making a "good point" is judged on how much anger it contains instead of how much sense it actually makes. I'm guessing Dhalsim's jump jab makes these people pretty angry. (And to be honest, i'm not at all surprised. That thing got really overused by some of us.)
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Oh, the special thanks part never occured to my.Sorry if anyone felt left behind ,but i really didn't even think of it.
What boggled me about the it's all been done before comment, is that in the video there are at least 2 things that haven't been discovered yet before the video, the rose hitting stunned opponents, and the fact that dudley in the only character in the game who can combo after a reset.So how could someone already have seen all that stuff :shock:

Edit:Meh, i guess for an untrained eventhubs'eneer, everything done with the character must the same, to the point where he doesn't even watch the vid, and it just plays in the background.Next time i'll have to release it simultaneously with the transcript.
And thanks for the post on CV.
Maj

Post by Maj »

No reason to apologize for it here. Forgetting to credit people always ends up hurting you more than it hurts them.

Anyway the problem with Dudley is that most of his special moves don't look that crazy - especially the ones you can use in the middle of combos. It just looks like he's punching a lot, which is what he does when he's not using special moves and what he does before the fight and what he does after he wins the round and probably what he does when he's asleep. The worst part is that he keeps using the same ones over and over, so nobody even notices that you did 7 Ducking Uppers instead of 6 or whatever the previous record happens to be.

And both of your new discoveries involve Dudley's rose. You can't expect TACV haters to notice anything creative you do with that rose. They've all become allergic to it by now. (Doesn't help that it doesn't show up on the combo counter, has almost no impact freeze, and causes no damage.)

Anyway all i'm saying is don't take their criticism too personally. Most of it is Dudley's fault. You'd have the same problem if you made a Seth video.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Maj wrote:In fact, your last few vids had no special thanks whatsoever. You straight up asked me for a clip for your last video and then didn't mention it at all. Are you afraid of sharing credit or something? 'Cause nobody on u2b actually bothers reading credits, so it doesn't actually cost you anything.
Not to make Mike feel embarrassed, but He was very much looking forward to your thoughts on the remake of your sequence in "AE is Awesome." I was surprised you didn't say anything, but the thought that he didn't credit/mention you always made me uneasy of thinking in that THAT was the reason why you didn't bother to say anything. (Sorry Mike)

I DID however, think about doing special thanks. I had originally written up a Special Thanks in this Dudley CV, but then we removed it because the Video was not eventually played at South Florida Challenge 5. I would, however, like to add, that It also completely slip my mind to add a "Special thanks" piece to the credits, even though we were completely thankful that you let us use your SF2 clip, Maj. :)

Now, for the matter of tool-assistance, I keep telling Mike not to worry about it. Maj, I have seen and learned from comments and conversations on your own TACVs and other articles, and feel I'm in the same position you are in... as far as reacting to ignorant comments about the idea behind tool-assist. I hope Mike rolls out of that too.

.... I wont say the same for when people say that my editing is so bad, they "almost stopped watching." That... hurts. :(

That's right, Error! I'm calling you out! *Sticks tongue out*

Oh, and one last thing. I'd VERY MUCH LOVE to thank you guys for allowing me to Edit this year's Evo CV. It taught me A LOT about editing videos, and owe it all to your(Plural) guidance in editing. No... if only I could do my own music. I always have to rely on other people to help me out with that.
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

I just call it like I see it
Maj

Post by Maj »

Snoooootch wrote:Not to make Mike feel embarrassed, but He was very much looking forward to your thoughts on the remake of your sequence in "AE is Awesome." I was surprised you didn't say anything, but the thought that he didn't credit/mention you always made me uneasy of thinking in that THAT was the reason why you didn't bother to say anything. (Sorry Mike)
That wasn't the reason i didn't talk more about it. I mentioned that clip in the highlights on ComboVid and didn't realize you guys wanted more feedback on it. In general, i don't have as much time to watch or comment on videos anymore, especially on weekdays.

Anyway i thought it was very well executed. I like the decision to focus more on reproducing the visual aspect of the SSF2 clip, instead of using the same exact buttons. I'm pretty impressed that you managed to replicate the Rog dizzy meaty, and that you managed to hide the pre-combo stun setup so well. Plus you got all the colors right, including the background matching surprisingly well.

But going back to the point i made above - in all likelyhood, i probably would've babbled more about it if you had special thanks'd me in the video. That's not a conscious decision. It just would've happened automatically. I always feel obligated to return the favor when someone credits me in a video. I guarantee that's how almost everyone else reacts too. That's why it's generally a good thing to make people feel appreciated.

(And i mean, you did ask me to dig up an old clip and go out of my way to upload it for you. Then i didn't see any previews of it before it was published. In retrospect, that actually does make me feel a little uneasy. And even though i didn't have time to think through any of this at the time, it probably still unconsciously influenced my first reaction. That's another reason why you should always err on the side of gratitude. It's just safer, because people don't sort through all this stuff on the spot. They just react emotionally or instinctively, usually based on their first impression.)

error1 wrote:I just call it like I see it
Which video are you guys talking about?
error1

Post by error1 »

Which video are you guys talking about?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4obUWvkVMI#t=184s
Maj

Post by Maj »

Ah yeah, that part bothered me too. But i got over it once i realized that it happened on the most generic part of the combo. Although in the future, it might be a good idea to fade down to 50% black instead of fading out all the way.

But i think Snoooootch's videos are well-edited in general. Most of the recent ones have been good. The only one that stood out as bad was this one, mainly because you can't stretch a 90-second vid into 3+ minutes just to force us to listen to a song. It never works out.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Maj wrote:i realized that it happened on the most generic part of the combo.
Yeah... I had NO IDEA what to do there. I kept reminding mike to make sure and think about transitions while recording. I even had him rerecord some lips to make them work better, transitionwise, but for that, I had no idea what to do.

And to be honest, I like to do videos, generally because I love editing them. I liked the Dan faces on that new one I made. It was just a fun little video. AND, MUSE IS AWESOME! haha
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

This will be kinda hard to read, coz there's 379563459 walls of text. Basicaly, these elitists try to call pandora in SFxT a boring, overpowered comeback mechanic. I try to put them in their place, but they won't listen because they only belive their eyes and can't think for themselves: http://www.youtube.com/all_comments?v=KAzbNYUpsq0

EDIT: And now we settled our differences and stopped arguing. It's nice when that happens, kinda restores your faith in humanity a little.

Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I will admit it isn't legit at the bottom. I used "letter" instead of "word." So I went and fixed it after, and removed the piece from the pic to make me look more awesome. lol
Last edited by Snoooootch on Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

lol nice :lol:
onReload

Post by onReload »

YouTube page for 538's official upload of Ken TACV wrote:
Why a reupload?

reixo 1 year ago

his videos were all over youtube, with different qualities, names, etc...and they weren't of high quality, but in order for him to reupload in a higher definition, he needed the original encodings, which maj/keiko had. so we now have all the kysg/538 3S videos in one place (the author himself's channel), in high quality. yay

onreload in reply to reixo 1 year ago 7

I'm glad he has taken his videos back, and posted them in restored higher quality. So now all the people who stole credit for his work can kill themselves and return to obscurity where they always belonged in the first place. I hope he takes on some new projects going forward.

BrawlersUpTv in reply to onreload 2 hours ago
Daaaaaaaaaamn!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Some dude just tried to act cool and be condescending on one of my videos, ended in this little exchange. I just added that final piece to piss him of even more when he sees he's blocked.