Custom Combo Video Music

question anything pertaining to the craft
Maj

Custom Combo Video Music

Post by Maj »

Since i started this whole daily SSF4 combovid experiment, three different people have contacted me offering music for my vids. I had to turn them all down because i have enough 83 Til tracks for all fourteen vids, and after that i'm going back to official music for SF4 TACVs.

But suddenly this seems a lot easier than i thought it was. If any of you guys want to use custom music instead of dealing with the risks of using mainstream music, just find some independent artists on SRK or u2b and ask them.

Here are the people who approached me:

KomboKaze: SRK profile | u2b channel

JiBbo: SRK profile | u2b channel | soundcloud | reverbnation

Phatal Phd: u2b channel | SF4 tribute track

Obviously it's a lot easier to find hip hop or techno stuff than it is to find instrumental music, but from recent experience i can say that quality beats do sound good over combo videos. Rhymes and vocals are much trickier to balance so i wouldn't recommend that route if you can avoid it.

Personally i'm not a fan of video game tribute raps either. I mean yeah it fits, but it's also kinda tacky and most of them are just plain terrible. Like almost every one of the tribute tracks released for STHD and MvC2 were unbearably cheesy/lame imo, and those people are supposed to be pros. The only good ones were the one or three that didn't make the mistake of going out of their way to make special move references.
Smileymike101

Re: Custom Combo Video Music

Post by Smileymike101 »

But Maj...They wouln't do music for us....Also, what's with 83 Til.It's cool music, but who are they?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nah i think if you have a combo video with a decent number of views on your channel (like 5k or 10k+) and you tell them that there's a good chance your next video will get that many too, a lot of people would be down to hook you up. Especially if you find musicians/producers through SRK, because those people are already into fighting games so the concept wouldn't seem foreign to them.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Jibbo writes music to? his Gen was incredible in SFIV
Snoooootch

Music

Post by Snoooootch »

For combo videos.

I put together a set of samples from ssf4 for your future needs in case any. I have a couple of friends who do good music for combo videos. If you guys are in need of something related, post it here! And if you guys have your own music resources, here's a place to share your abilities and services to your peers!
Making no profit since 1987...
Smileymike101

Re: Music

Post by Smileymike101 »

I am recording some more material for a combo vid i've been working on (finally lol,first one in super).Do you have anything that'd fit a Dudley or Ryu thematic?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

This is mikey's remix for dudley. you're welcomed to use it!

http://soundcloud.com/snoooootch/dudley ... eeze-remix

Mike's actually working remixes for old Sonic the hedgehog music. and I have a pal who has turntables and does remixes with samples for the game. I can ask him to make you something hip hoppy if you'd like.
Making no profit since 1987...
spookydonkey

Post by spookydonkey »

Smileymike101 wrote:Do you have anything that'd fit a Dudley or Ryu thematic?
i dunno if it fits your project... but im pretty sure someone needs to use this in a dudley project :mrgreen:
ewige blumenkraft!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I'm sure I've said this before, but someone needs to use this in a Ken CV.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Doopliss wrote:I'm sure I've said this before, but someone needs to use this in a Ken CV.
Do you also know the song that Guile's theme ripped off?I cannot find it anymore.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Haven't even heard of something like that, so no.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

We already have a few music threads in the Editing subforum so i'm gonna move this over there.