SSF4 Week-One Combos

Post by Maj »

So then i was like, "What's the fastest way i can set my capture card on fire?"

Boom.

Bluescreen count: 1.
error1

Re: SSF4 Week-One Combos

Post by error1 »

apparently Hakan can cancel his dash with a normal when oiled up, his frame data is lacking but it looks like you can do something like meaty counter-hit f+hp, dash for around 4 frames, lp. Don't know if he gets any distance in the first few frames of his dash but it might be an interesting long range combo
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sounds interesting but honestly i'm probably not gonna get to him for a long time. I'm way more interested in the Alpha characters right now, plus i'll probably use the returning SF4 cast to figure out the game first.

Haha i mean i'm in way over my head with this stupid plan. Would've been nice if i could get the game ahead of time just to learn it. But not only did that fall through, i'm also still burnt out from the Bison/Akuma TACV and i had zero free time to watch early SSF4 vids. So i really am starting from scratch here. Should be an exciting trip at least.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Nice! I really like Claw & Cody vs Sim. You can hardly see Sim's leg come out so it looks like the rock just hits the air hehe. Juggling with just the dirt kick part of the ultra was cool too.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Maj , in Cody vs Sim, how did you make the mk to not hit cody?When i was trying something similar with ryu's hadouken, the mk was hitting the hadouken, but it was also hitting me, so i had to jump.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Remxi wrote:Juggling with just the dirt kick part of the ultra was cool too.
Yeah that ultra is just a lot faster than the other one, but you get no damage out of it. I think the other one has a juggle potential of one, but once it connects it goes into cinematic autocombo.

Upkick has a lot of recovery though. You have to make it hit late in order to get anything afterwards without FADC.

Smileymike101 wrote:Maj , in Cody vs Sim, how did you make the mk to not hit cody?When i was trying something similar with ryu's hadouken, the mk was hitting the hadouken, but it was also hitting me, so i had to jump.
Um, i dunno, it just works. I think s.MK stretches quite a bit before it becomes active, so as long as you have a fireball waiting in the right spot, Sim will get hit before hitting the opponent. I tried with s.MP too but that traded.

Also if you set them all the way apart like i did, Sim will teleport closer to the opponent than if you have them standing at midrange. That way you'll get more vulnerable range out of Sim's limbs. But i think jumping over is usually a better setup than teleport, unless you have a character who can delay his fireball like Cody. Especially in the corner where you can land behind them after they create the fireball and push them toward it. Teleport setups are basically useless except for style. Way too much recovery time.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Someone on the SRK forums said that the wrench hits on cody's U2 have an increasing juggle potential (I think it was Yeb).Like the first hit havin a JP of 1, the ext one having 2 and so one.He said he even managed to combo into the home run /hitting the opponent in the screen part.And it can even combo after HK ruffian fadc( char specific) if timed very early.He said the dust part must only hit once for this to happen( makes sense as it would only start the juggle counter)
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

MAj, you're nuts, a combo vid every day for two weeks :P

pwned!
Persona

Post by Persona »

Smileymike101 wrote:Someone on the SRK forums said that the wrench hits on cody's U2 have an increasing juggle potential (I think it was Yeb).Like the first hit havin a JP of 1, the ext one having 2 and so one.He said he even managed to combo into the home run /hitting the opponent in the screen part.And it can even combo after HK ruffian fadc( char specific) if timed very early.He said the dust part must only hit once for this to happen( makes sense as it would only start the juggle counter)
I'm also curious about this. I tried it on the characters he mentioned and the wrench never connects even when the dust part hits only once.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Pokey86 wrote:MAj, you're nuts, a combo vid every day for two weeks :P
It's not as crazy as it sounds. A lot of people here are doing the same thing; just uploading one clip at a time. All i'm doing different is adding a little structure to what we all usually do when a new game comes out - mess around and share findings.
desk

Post by desk »

Argh! I thought I was going to have the first vid with rose interrupts! lol. It's officially a race, got the game yesterday and I need to get a vid out asap 'cos with literally every day that passes there's at least one great vid coming out.

That mid combo, on the ground, non knockdown cross up with Ryu is the sickest thing I've seen in Super so far. Also, just want to echo everyone else's 'you're a madman!' statements. Hope you pull it off dude!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Dude, the rose is badass! Long flight arc, helluva short hitstun, and doesn't even knock down. You can use it to interrupt airborne moves and they'll usually land on their feet in time to follow up. It's so good that the SSF4 combo thought process literally begins with "How can i make this not another Dudley combo?"

Seriously i think Bison can even do blah xx Psycho Crusher (rose interrupt), ultra1 with one charge. The hitstun is that short.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I noticed Hakan can cancel his forward dash with normals ewhen he's oiled up, maybe you can do something with that?
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
desk

Post by desk »

Maj wrote:Dude, the rose is badass! Long flight arc, helluva short hitstun, and doesn't even knock down. You can use it to interrupt airborne moves and they'll usually land on their feet in time to follow up. It's so good that the SSF4 combo thought process literally begins with "How can i make this not another Dudley combo?"

Seriously i think Bison can even do blah xx Psycho Crusher (rose interrupt), ultra1 with one charge. The hitstun is that short.
I think my creativity ended with st.fierce[interrupt], st. fierce, st. fierce, haha. Definitely going to test some stuff out today though.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Btw, dibs on Hakan: "Oil, lv.3 FA -> lv.2 FA -> f.HK"

PimpWilly

Post by PimpWilly »

Love these videos, I've been doing some SSFIV stuff, but nothing as elaborate as here. More of a "Heres the basics of what this character is capable of." Started with Makoto, working on DeeJay now. Only usefull stuff I can say is that Makoto, when she gets a non cinematic ultra 2 (off an airborne opponent, including during portions of crumple stun) off, the last hit puts the opponent into a floating state, so anything can combo. So you can do like Ultra 2, dash cancel the recovery into Fukiage into super cancel, into hayate/second fukiage, or skip the super cancel and do double fukiage into ex air axe kick.

And Im sure theres tons of interesting stuff to do with DeeJays standing fierce counter hit, that launches into float state, I haven't gotten around to counterhit combos with him yet but I'm planning to work on them tonight/tomorrow to try to get the DeeJay vid out this weekend. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

Also, not sure if the focus crumple is dependent on level of the focus, but makoto can do Level 3 focus -> Level 2 focus and keep the opponent grounded, so it may be possible to do this infinitely? I doubt it but there was a makoto combo video where the guy opened up every combo with level 3 focus -> Level 2 focus -> Whatever
error1

Post by error1 »

lv 3 focus has more hit stun. Elf, Gouken and a few others with quick enough dashes and lv.2 focuses can do lv3,lv2 in sf4
Maj

Post by Maj »

Why does Ibuki's air throw do four hits when performed high, but only three hits when you grab them low to the ground?
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Well I think it's because...Well f*** I don't have how to know, the game isn't in my country GGGRRRRAAHHH!! :evil: :x :(
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maj wrote:Why does Ibuki's air throw do four hits when performed high, but only three hits when you grab them low to the ground?
seems like the programmers though that you shouldn't get hurt by the fall when you are close to the ground :P

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

While at Ibuki's air throw, when the hell does she kick the opponent 3 times?I don't see her kicking them once, but alone 3 times?I just see her grab them, the kick them to the ground( i guess that would be 1), and then they hit the floor(that would be 2).When are the other 2 hits taking place?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Smileymike101 wrote:While at Ibuki's air throw, when the hell does she kick the opponent 3 times?I don't see her kicking them once, but alone 3 times?I just see her grab them, the kick them to the ground( i guess that would be 1), and then they hit the floor(that would be 2).When are the other 2 hits taking place?
she does two quick punches or something before the kick. It's clearly visible.

desk

Post by desk »

Aarrrrghh!! I tried that crumple > U2 thing with gief on sooooo many characters and couldn't get it to work :( Did you know you can do the fei inf with st. strong too? Gud stuff as always! Really awesome to see a new, good vid everyday :)
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I tried FA -> U2 with Gief some more now, it works on T.Hawk, Hakan, Sagat, Zangief, Gouken, E.Honda, Rufus, Blanka and M.Bison. I'm still trying other characters. Doesn't seem to work on Dudley, Ibuki, Seth (might have failed that one though) and Guy of those I've tried so far.

EDIT: Looks like I wasted my time a little: http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=234269

Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah i tried it a bunch of times on the first day but it wasn't working so i moved on. But then there are so many new grab ultras now - Abel's, Fuerte's, Dhalsim's, both of T.Hawk's ultras, etc. Figured i should combo at least one of them and Gief's seemed like the most promising one so i gave it another shot yesterday. I don't think T.Hawk can combo his airgrab ultra though. Not that i've tried exhuastively, but it seems to rise too high too fast.

I guess i'm not surprised that there's a thread for it on SRK by now, but that place has gotten scary big. I hadn't even realized it until just now but i guess i'm subconsciously hesitant to browse SRK strategy forums now. Waaay too many threads. It's almost like searching "sf4 combos" on u2b. Not exactly productive. (Then again, wasting two hours to convince myself that Ibuki can't combo j.HP -> j.F+MK on Abel after lvl3 Focus Attack trade isn't real productive either.)

Btw, that last Fei Long combo against Juri does exactly 950 points of damage up to the c.MP, but she doesn't die until the next hit. I've never found a 750-point combo against Seth, but judging by this, i'm guessing it takes it takes 751 damage to kill him.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

How much damage does a counter-hit final TAP do? if you do moves before it so that they together cause 750 dmg, it should work., ebcause I don't think it will be affected by HP scaling if it does over 50% dmg with one hit.

Maj

Post by Maj »

Um ... haha, the thing is ... i don't actually care. Not enough to test it. I'm only mentioning it because it came up all on its own. But even if we figure it out, i don't think any of us calculates combo damage that precisely in advance. Basically the only time this is gonna come up is if you do a combo that happens to add up to exactly 750 points. Then it'll either kill him, or won't kill him and you'll find another way to get more damage, or come here and pour some alcohol. Useless knowledge imo.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Heh, I guess we can assume you're correct though. but that means combos that did exactly 700 dmg doesn't pass the 700 class challenge (lol).

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I heard Gen takes 88% more damage if hit during his crane cr.HP .25% because of counterhit, and 50% because capcom did it lol.Someone should final TAP counterhit gen during it.It would beal gazzilion damage.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Smileymike101 wrote:I heard Gen takes 88% more damage if hit during his crane cr.HP .25% because of counterhit, and 50% because capcom did it lol.Someone should final TAP counterhit gen during it.It would beal gazzilion damage.
it does 1050 damage. 1309 if you add a super (training only ofc).