SSF4 Combo Engine Investigation

talk about how great training mode is
Mienaikage

SSF4 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Mienaikage »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo89tX2Gt3E

Tiger Uppercut > Tiger Uppercut? O.o

I'm curious as to whether they added juggle potential to the normal version, or if the scar adds it, or if the scar causes a free juggle state, bah I can't wait to get my hands on Super so many things I want to experiment with, I lack patience :P

On that note, I'm attending an invite only SSFIV event on the 9th, and a preview tournament on the 17th. If there's anything you would like me to try, please let me know.
Pokey86

Re: SF4 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Pokey86 »

Mienaikage wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo89tX2Gt3E

Tiger Uppercut > Tiger Uppercut? O.o

I'm curious as to whether they added juggle potential to the normal version, or if the scar adds it, or if the scar causes a free juggle state, bah I can't wait to get my hands on Super so many things I want to experiment with, I lack patience :P

On that note, I'm attending an invite only SSFIV event on the 9th, and a preview tournament on the 17th. If there's anything you would like me to try, please let me know.
- I'm curious about Sagats Scar juggle(I would guess it adds juggle potential, but who knows)

- I'm curious as to whether Ryu's second hit of his SRK juggles I'm almost posotive that it does, do J.MP then SRK)

- Check to see if Sagats Kick Projectile stille has juggle property on it's standard hit. (Which i always thought was rather cheap)
Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

I don't know if this has been seen before, but normally if you do a QCFx2 you don't move, but if you press focus after the input you dash forward. If you're quick enough you can just press the button(s) for your super/ultra after the dash. Someone has probably found this before but I'm throwing it out there just in case.

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw Doopliss' post about it.
Last edited by Mienaikage on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
error1

Post by error1 »

I want to know if the ken ultra slow motion glitch still works.
Can gen still cancel a focus with a stance change.
Does chun li still have all three infinites
does the last hit of dan's super act odd on counterhit
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I want to know:

-The input for Sagat's angry charged and E.Hondas Ultra 2(I have gotten mixed signals).

-If Seth can juggle with any of his normal and EX special moves (Other than EX Tanden engine).

-If T.Hawk can do "AA LP Tomahawk Buster -> Ultra 2" or "AA EX Tomahawk buster xx Whiffed EX Condor Dive -> Ultra 2".

-If Guy can do ultra 1 after df.HK in the corner.

-If Makoto can combo into Ultra 2 other than with FA, like with, perhaps, "Counterhit HP hayate xx Super -> Ultra 2".

-See if you can find any cool juggles with Ibuki after EX QCB+K in the corner, other than HCB+P.

-See if you can juggle with any of Hakan's moves other than slide and ultra 2 after j.MP, especially if Super or 360+K/360+KK works.

These are the things that comes to mind, if you can find out the answers to at least some of them, I would be grateful.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Mienaikage

Re: SSF4 Combo Engine Investigation

Post by Mienaikage »

Because uppercuts are considered airborne in trades I'm going to see if I can airgrab the SRK startup with Guile >:)

"I want to know if the ken ultra slow motion glitch still works."
I'll give it a shot but no guarantees on getting results.

"Does chun li still have all three infinites"
She's one of my weaker characters unfortunately :( I'll ask if there are any Chun players present.

"does the last hit of dan's super act odd on counterhit"
I assume you mean the knockback?

"If Seth can juggle with any of his normal and EX special moves (Other than EX Tanden engine)."
I don't know Seth too well but I'll see what I can find

Everything else I should be able to try without a problem, granted there's enough time and enough setups.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Just do a 2-hit j.MP and see if you can connect with any SB, SRK or Legs afterwards. It's possible that they at least have added JP to the 2nd SB in EX SB.

Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

I had completely forgotten that Seth had his own j.MP... Will do :)

Seth's Ultra had some sort of limited juggle potential as well didn't it? Hitting a SB after activating the Ultra meant no swirly damage (for lack of a better name) didn't it.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

yes, but the first hit has JP 0, so it doesn't really matter.

Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Hey dudes, keep in mind he's going to some form of group test thing here... I doubt he's gona have 6 hours to himself with a programmable pad & a cam that registered frame by frame analysis. & i'd doubt he's a master ofexecution who can guarantee to confirm Infinites & difficult set ups :P

It's nice that he's doing it for us, but it'd be beter to ask for things a little more pheasable to execute, when the games released we can all have a thorough look on what is capable & what isn't.

^_^

That's a good point.

See if Seths second Ultra has great juggle potential, i don't know the ins & outs of how fast it hits, but for some setups with plenty of time to execute try.

Crouch HP -> SRK -> Ultra

Crouch HP -> LP Boom -> FADC -> Ultra

EX SRK -> SRK -> SRK -> Ultra = If that works, the n seths Ultra 2 could be a monster.
Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

If I win this: http://www.capcom-europe.com/forum/show ... hp?t=50551 then I'll spend the day doing all the testing I can :P

Right now I'm going to one invite only event: http://www.capcom-europe.com/forum/show ... 271&page=2
And one tournament: http://www.neoempire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8056 (I'm going to try and get there first thing in the morning so I can have as much time as possible during casuals)

I imagine I'll have quite a bit of time during the invite only event, and perhaps a few people to cooperate with me, but on the 17th it's going to be a bit of a squeeze. Plus I need to get some of my own practice in if I want some of that cash prize hehe.

Most of the stuff mentioned shouldn't take me too long to try out though, a few minutes each :)
Makoto or Deejay are most likely going to be my characters during the tournament so you should get a lot of data on them hopefully.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Reason for the wagon = Save on petrol

lol good luck :P I don't think they'll fall head over heels though, the bloke that would win would be someone who can generate there own fan crowd i would presume, if you could do that, then you can try & use that as a selling point. Personally i'd rather be shot in the kneecap than have a massive black truck with an enormous TV sporting SF on it with some chill out music playing in the backdrop, but thats partially because where i live, i'd get beaten up :P

---

That said, a tournament in Manchester, i wouldn't mind attending just to get a standard feel of how these live tournements look/feel. (I'm not to far away) That said i've never used a 360 controller & can't use stick so i probably won't go. Still i thought Tournies in the UK were non existent, not to mention i don't think i'm on the competetive level in terms of live playing anyway. & i'm a real sucker for letting my real life take presedence over my gaming one (Which should be a virute i guess, but doesn't feel like it)

I would guess that Hakan or Dudley will be the outirght winners though :P

... Man, i need some real players, online just isn't enough to keep me satiated.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Try karaing the angry scar.Like f.lk xx angry scar; f.lk xx TU a neutral jumper would hit like full screen away.The motion would be pretty tough, but manageable, it think.How fast can you do f.lk, QCB QCB P? :lol:
desk

Post by desk »

How come literally everyone is from the UK and I didn't know? :lol:
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

All we need is a venue & we could make our own tourny.

It'd be a small tourny mind... Advertise it enough on the internet & lie through our teeth & we might be able to get diago to fly over... Then you'd win that van :) I think Daigo'd be dissapointed though.

Whoops getting OT, sorry
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

mmmm Maybe Im going to say a noob question, but, how in the hell that guy has a playable version of SSFIV in his PC? The game is coming in Spain about 30 April, and nobody here knows when the PC version will come...
Anything that everybody knows and, like always, I dont?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Why he has it, I'm not sure, but he might not be using a PC to play it, just the monitor.
Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

onReload wrote:Why he has it, I'm not sure, but he might not be using a PC to play it, just the monitor.
Most likely, I have my 360 in the VGA slot of my monitor while my PC uses the DVI. Switch between them with the push of a button. I assume they're either doing the same thing or they're using the keyboard for 360 messaging.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

... So, the game for XBOX or PS3 is at the shops there????
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Tigre III wrote:... So, the game for XBOX or PS3 is at the shops there????
Here in the US it's scheduled for 27 April
Maj

Post by Maj »

I think Capcom sent out a bunch of preview copies to gaming magazines and other media outlets, and some of them contacted top players to help them review SSF4 or find cool stuff to show. Then somehow they all ended up being ugly, ghetto, whiny, and generally pessimistic. Because surprise-surprise, top players are really good at making games look dumb/broken early on.
Pokey86

Post by Pokey86 »

Maj wrote:I think Capcom sent out a bunch of preview copies to gaming magazines and other media outlets, and some of them contacted top players to help them review SSF4 or find cool stuff to show. Then somehow they all ended up being ugly, ghetto, whiny, and generally pessimistic. Because surprise-surprise, top players are really good at making games look dumb/broken early on.
lol owned
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Ah, ok, false alarm then.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Looks like Angry charge is QCBx2+P, as I had heard a long time ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkBGSDYwYYk

Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

Also looks like Vega only takes 110% damage now without the mask, compared to a massive 125% in vanilla.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

If angry scar works the way i think it works, like makoto's super, it's gonna be ridiculous.Around 22 frame advantage after Angry Scar'ing a st.HK for just one bar. Cr.lk ~ cr.lk ~ st.HK xx Angry Scar ~ Full ultra 1, AND an upped up tiger uppercut ready.But it wouln't work like this. We know it. It would be too ridiculous.But judging from that video, it still seems that it grand at least enough frame advantage to link hard hiting attacks like cr.mp , st.mp ,st.HK, cr.HP, or heck, even sweep.Also, from the vid where he does Tiger Knee ~ Angry Scared tiger uppercut, is it me or does Angry scared tiger uppercut look effin instant?I mean it like frame 1- idle animation, frame 2- hit.
Mienaikage

Post by Mienaikage »

Can you cancel st.HK into special moves? I thought it was only super cancellable
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I heard Angry Scar cancel is considered super cancel.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I sure hope not. TU xx angry scar -> ultra 1 says hi.

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Incredibly hard on hand and impossible in a match.How often can you execute with fei long DP xx super in a match?It's the same motion, just opposite directions.