Super and Regular SFIV combos+music+stuff

video previews, releases, and feedback
desk

Super and Regular SFIV combos+music+stuff

Post by desk »

Last edited by desk on Mon May 10, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 7 times in total.
CPS2

Re: SF4: Combos and Music

Post by CPS2 »

Hope you don't mind me posting this in another thread here, totally forgot the name of your channel, this vid just showed up in my subs and I thought it was cool.

What's happening with that Bison j.MPx2 then Akuma's reversal demon? That's the only bit I don't understand.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Akuma was inder the influence of the Bison ultra trade glitch. j.MP has JP, so it can connect, but because it usually doesn't knock down the opponent, it grounds them instead.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

That's the power of street fighter 4, tho I find the comments of eventhubs even less useful then the ones on youtube if that's possible. I thought the focus super taunt was cool. You should have put your name in big letters at the start of the video if you didn't want it to be posted everywhere as a vid by biffotasty.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Holy shit at the eventhubs comments :lol:
onReload

Post by onReload »

desk, it was a fantastic video and had some great music as usual. please start making combo stuff again! actually, come to think of it, what have you been up to besides cal-rep?

i went through your channel again and realized that you've used Squarepusher twice - it's rare to find a fellow bass enthusiast who likes Squarepusher, oddly enough.
desk

Post by desk »

yeah, I wasn't really bothered about people knowing it was made by me but I assumed people just wouldn't comment on who made it. Didn't think about the biffotasty thing :(

onReload, yeah I do like my bass things. Not hugely into the 'pusher (though I have seen him live and he was awesome!!), I just think his music is perfect for combovids (think I might have used him more than twice actually, lol). That vid actually features everything I've been doing outside of fighting games. Studying Japanese and recording a new EP, haha.

Yeah the grounded akuma thing is like Doopliss said. Weirdly, he's completely invincible during the hit-stun, no idea why. Oh yeah, it has to be the 2nd j. mp btw.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Nice stuff. I really like the Ryu combo, how awesome it looks when super freeze happens at the same time as his ultra fireball explodes.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Well, it's only half SF4. It's also a great video, not to mention the fact that you're a legend now. Everyone knows the legendary desk crew made a legendary Evo video and then disappeared mysteriously. Supernaturally, even. I heard you enlisted in the astronaut space marine corps to save us from secret government aliens. Is that true? It's a rhetorical question. I know it's true.

Sagat combo at 0:22 was dope. So much damage! I think good Sagat combos should make him look like a bully.

I really liked the Fuerte combo at 0:40 too. Though the best part of the video was the Bison combo at 0:57. If anyone requests a Bison TACV, i'm just gonna have them watch your video instead. Sakura combo at the end was really nice too. Seriously, great video dude.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

desk wrote:Yeah the grounded akuma thing is like Doopliss said. Weirdly, he's completely invincible during the hit-stun, no idea why. Oh yeah, it has to be the 2nd j. mp btw.
His not invincible, but he has a JC of 1, even though his on the ground. Super, Ultra or EX scissor would hit if you can charge it in time.

desk

Post by desk »

ah, interesting. Is there any possible way to do that? It makes sense but how did you figure that out?

thanks maj, just about to check out your abel vid!
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I don't have any proof, but It has to work like that. I can try and see if I can connect a 2 hit EX scissor, that would prove it.

jchensor

Post by jchensor »

"OTG"ing with Bison's Super on Rose really made me go "WTF?!?" Didn't know she was still technically airborne the whole time she's lying on the floor or something.

And I dunno why, but the way the video ended with Guile kicking Ken and it going black made me laugh.

Music was awesome too. Good job on that. ^_^

- James
Maj

Post by Maj »

Btw how come you did the Bison combo at 1:15 in Time Attack mode? It didn't look like you used any extra meter.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I guess he wanted a different backround, but still infinite meter, so he could try again quickly if he failed.

desk

Post by desk »

yeah, the biggest problem when trying to make a console sf4 vid is that awful training mode background. Unless I wanted to waste a lot of time, some of the combo's just had to be in training mode but wherever possible I avoided it. Inf meter time attack is really useful for 'non-set-up' things, so that's why I used it. Turns out I only had one 'non-set-up' combo that wasn't character specific though, lol.

Thanks for the kind words everyone. The vid has already been uploaded (by someone) to 1up with a horrible, shiny advert in front of it. And, apparently it's the 13th most watched vid on youtube-uk today, haha. SF4 is popular!!
desk

Post by desk »

onReload

Re: SF4:Combos and Music (updated)

Post by onReload »

my sentiments are in the youtube comments.

would making it a response to your first CMV help views?
desk

Post by desk »

good call, going to do that now. I think I'm going to actively promote this one and see if I can compete with Maj's ridiculous view counts, lol.

Anyone know any good places to post it (besides SRK)? or would be willing to link it up somewhere?

Yeah that was a raging demon, I like how much it doesn't look like it though, lol. The yoga fire was as simple as just having it on screen when you do the glitch. Doing it with the raging demon just freezes both players though. Ken doesn't even attempt to complete the animation (same thing happens with Gief's super but I am never, ever, ever trying to do that again. That's why it's not in the vid). Would love to see that done in an arcade, like an oldskool WW freeze bug.
onReload

Post by onReload »

desk wrote:(same thing happens with Gief's super but I am never, ever, ever trying to do that again. That's why it's not in the vid)..
What do you mean? Could you not buffer the 720 from hitstun or was there another complication?
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

desk wrote:Anyone know any good places to post it (besides SRK)? or would be willing to link it up somewhere?
I've already linked it at GAF and will show the ozhadoods as well. This is awesome man, one of the best SF4 combo vids I've seen :)
desk

Post by desk »

@onReload. spent a little bit of time testing it out to see the results and got both (akuma's and gief's) fairly quickly. Then when I came to capture them, they started to kill me. And I started to think about the idea that I have to buffer a 720 behind something and then activate the super on 1 very particular frame. You don't get any clues, it's not like you get to see a move recover so you can judge when to hit the button. Also, if it's too early, you fail and if it's too late you can never be sure if you actually did the motion correctly because nothing happens. So from the first try to the 50th try, you can't see any progression. Also, after the 50th try, I decided that SF4 had beaten me. The first time I did it was just lucky.

This is why people use programmable controllers and macros, haha.

CPS2. That's awesome! thanks man :D
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

iplaywinner wrote:Here's a new combo video from Biffotasty. As usual, the combos are really crazy. What's also interesting is that he says in the video discription that the music for this vid was done by his band. Check it out until more news hits the webs.
=/

These guys are pretty hopeless. I messaged Haunts and FuriousRGD and tried to get them to correct mistakes with the last video (error1 did too), but they don't really seem to care too much.
error1

Post by error1 »

they listened and are cool about it.
Here's a new combo video from Biffotasty aka Desk from the UK. As usual, the combos are really crazy. What's also interesting is that he says in the video discription that the music for this vid was done by his band. Check it out until more news hits the webs.
event hubs is probably good for 5k if it get's posted there.

Yah getting super-freeze on the right frame can be a chore. Especially because I don't think it's possible with everyone. Even getting the reversal vega ultra was so hard I almost scripted it. Very nice stuff I never tried putting demon or projectiles out there.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

They still think Desk's band did the Chinese music tho, which is pretty hilarious :)
desk

Post by desk »

ergh, I honestly don't mind them not getting my name right, it's not like I'm making it easy for them but at no point have I claimed to do that music. It doesn't make sense. I often get the impression that eventhubs literally scan a description once and just assume they know what's up. Having said that, totally appreciate the exposure, just hope people don't think I'm claiming stuff that isn't true!!

wait, I meant Iplaywinner. Is it the same people? They seem to have a similar 'just scan the description' method. Again though, I'm not ungrateful, lol.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Wow, Vol. 02 was even better. Amazing vid.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nice video dude! I liked the Sagat vs Sim combo and the last Ken vs Rufus combo where you showed the setup. And those Chun/Sakura combos are amazing just from an execution standpoint. I don't think i've ever pressed that many buttons for a manual combo.

So what happens after the Akuma vs Ken glitch? He gets stuck like that forever or does he start moving eventually?
desk

Post by desk »

yeah, both characters just freeze. I'm guessing if the time runs out, they'll both stay there (could only test it in training mode though). Geif's super has the exact same effect.
onReload

Post by onReload »

desk wrote:yeah, both characters just freeze. I'm guessing if the time runs out, they'll both stay there (could only test it in training mode though). Geif's super has the exact same effect.
Does Gief freeze with that open armed wide-eyed pose ?