Introduce Yourself Thread...

stay up to date on what's going on
jamheald

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread...

Post by jamheald »

Hey everybody I'm jamheald or James or jam or jammy or whatever you want. And looking through this thread I'm pretty awestruck by some of the names here, people that I've been subbed to and enjoying the videos of for ages.

I guess I tend to make short videos with one maybe two combos in for MvC3 or SF4, and every now and again do a poorly edited longer video. Although at the moment I'm on holiday with not a lot to do so I'm just churning out entries for Snoooootch's challenge.

Well I guess I'll see you all around.
Persona

Post by Persona »

Welcome to the forums! I see you a lot on sites like eventhubs. :mrgreen:
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Noooo, not eventhubs.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

Smileymike101 wrote:Noooo, not eventhubs.
What you on about? EventHubs is a comedy gold mine. Last thing I saw somebody said Fei's not top tier because FK FADC CW U1 is "Hard".
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

It's just because they gain way too much from other people's work.I bet there's some fun to be had while reading.
jamheald

Post by jamheald »

Smileymike101 wrote:It's just because they gain way too much from other people's work.I bet there's some fun to be had while reading.
Yes, there expectations annoy me. It's like when a video is not something they like it's a direct insult to them. But anyway this way off topic.
Tigre III

Post by Tigre III »

Nice to meet you jamheald, welcome!
Hsien_Jo

Post by Hsien_Jo »

Hey guys, my name is Jamel, and my online name is Hsien_Jo nice to meet you guys.
I make combo videos time to time when I have a fun theme that I really want to use or if I combo up with some
unique combos for my favorite characters. Half the time my themes are pretty obscure, but they are fun to work with even if
people don't always get where I'm coming from. Hope to learn what I can from you guys.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Hsien_Jo wrote:Hey guys, my name is Jamel, and my online name is Hsien_Jo nice to meet you guys.
I make combo videos time to time when I have a fun theme that I really want to use or if I combo up with some
unique combos for my favorite characters. Half the time my themes are pretty obscure, but they are fun to work with even if
people don't always get where I'm coming from. Hope to learn what I can from you guys.
Welcome to the forum Hsien_Jo ^^
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Raine

Post by Raine »

Welcome, nice to meet you.
Mikadok

Post by Mikadok »

Hey, all. My name's Josh. known anywhere else by either of my aliases, Kei or Mikadok.

Hoping to meet some chill people and to generally learn more about combo video making as time rolls on, among just chatting about fighting games in general. Nice to meet everyone here. :)
error1

Post by error1 »

awesome
Raine

Post by Raine »

Welcome!
SofaKingAC

Post by SofaKingAC »

Oh jeez, realized I forgot to do one of these.

I'm Daniel, better known as SofaKingAC, or by my gym nickname "Bear". I mostly do combos for emulated or PC games, as you can see on my u2b channel. I'm happy to be invited to the forum and meet everybody. I'll probably just lurk most of the time, but if you see me on, feel free to talk to me about whatever.
sithlord

Post by sithlord »

Greetings everyone.

My online identity is sithlord. On youtube I go by emperorjagang.

My credentials:

~Been heavily into the combo scene as a follower since 2000. I started making combo videos towards the end of Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection but by then I already was a member of Team A.C.E. with 2 TZ Community Projects and 2 Team A.C.E. videos to my credit.
~Games I have done work with:

*Tekken 5
*Tekken 5DR
*Soul Calibur 4
*Soul Calibur 5
*Virtua Fighter 5FR
*Tekken 6BR

~I have interviewed some of the best and brightest in the Tekken world. I prefer to keep my interviews objective but also try to offer some subjectivity to them. Each interview is formatted to the individual. I plan to do more as time goes by.
~I am more of a 3D player than 2D.

Thanks for the invite Maj.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Hello, Jag. Mind if I call you Jag? Short for Jagang? Short for SithLord? Or can I just call you Lord Jag? lmao

Nice to meet you. My name is Ian, and I'm an alc... a combo video maker with shitty execution and bad taste in music. My friends complain I don't go out with them as much, but it's only cause I'm the only one with a girlfriend, and my girlfriend says we don't spend enough time together. Go figure... You can call me Ian. It's short for Ian. I have a stupid sense of humor, but have not once been put into an awkward silence that I didn't immediately revitalize with a topical conversation. I love to drink Monster Energy drinks, but only cause I love that taste. Although I have an education, I'm the type of person who prefers to work labor than sit at a desk. There's something about being a successful Mexican dude that doesn't yet feel right because although my etiquette and grammar are better than most English Native speakers in the US, I still suck at spellign.

Anyway, hope to see you around here! I'm sure it goes without saying, but most people here are very friendly. I say most, because I still can't figure out if Error1 is secretly a mad hacker out stealing identities. Nah, just kidding, Error! (- -_____- -)Suspicious eyes
Making no profit since 1987...
error1

Post by error1 »

Snoooootch wrote:I say most, because I still can't figure out if Error1 is secretly a mad hacker out stealing identities. Nah, just kidding, Error! (- -_____- -)Suspicious eyes
:cry:
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

:lol: Of course, I kid.

BTW, I'll most likely hit you up on skype later if you're on, Error.
Making no profit since 1987...
sithlord

Post by sithlord »

Most people call me sith.
ProjectSeoul

Post by ProjectSeoul »

Hey everyone! My name is Jonathan and my online handle is ProjectSeoul and my youtube channel is under critcrusher.

I fell in love with fighting games as a kid when SF I came out. I enjoyed spending time at the arcades playing SFII and MK. As I got older I got really into X-Men Children of the Atom and played the hell out of Wolverine figuring out combos (put so many quarters in that damn machine next to my old school). Didn't really get back into things until Dreamcast CvS2 and MVC2. Spent countless hours playing those games with my buddies. Then life happened and I kinda got into other things. Finally got back into fighting games with my Vita of all things... I fell in love with UMVC3 which I was originally against due the to a,b,c,launcher button setup like TVC. Now I am mostly playing PSASBR and trying to get some videos out there. Nothing special and its kinda ghetto but I enjoy doing it and helping people when I can. I'm looking to pick up an Elgato Game Capture HD in the near future so its not so ghetto. :shock:

I'm very humbled to be invited to this community. I look forward to sharing and learning with you guys.

-J
Shinryu

Post by Shinryu »

Um... Hi. My name is Darren. I love cute things and 3rd Strike. Been going by the name Shinryu (神龍) for about 12 years now, which I came to as sort of a play off of my middle name; it's unfortunately more common than I like, so I'm often putting Reishiki after it when unavailable. I used to be relatively well known for doing challenges in the Tales of series of action RPGs, but I end up quitting for a few years, which was long enough for my name to become something only older players of the series remember.

I'm one of those folks who could never wrap their head around fighting games for the longest time. It wasn't until SFIV dropped that I even tried to take it seriously, but I found myself trapped in the cage of my execution; very few times in my life had I ever played in an arcade, so playing on a stick was a big adjustment. When 3rd Strike Online came out, despite its shortcomings, I fell in love. Ended up making a small chat room for me and a few friends, and it's been staying alive somehow. As such, there's a bit of a running joke that "Shin only plays 3S" even though I have dabbled in other games if they grab my interest, like SFxTK, AH3, or more recently PSASBR. I literally picked up PSASBR solely because I wanted to play as Toro, but I enjoyed it enough that I made a simple, little combo video for him.

When it comes to videos, I tend to be obsessed with quality; I can't stand the HD PVRs and such that have been popping up all over. Granted, it's a lot more affordable to go that route, but having compression artifacts and such in my source videos would just annoy me to no end. I think my setup is a bit rare, but it allows me to record lossless 720p 60fps over HDMI, even on PS3. Recordings tend to be massive, but that's an acceptable trade-off in my book. I'm not bad at editing, but I tend to be too lazy to do anything really involved since even simple ideas tend to be a lot more work than viewers would think. I've been wanting to do a couple of combo videos, but I've not been motivated enough to get them out of the concept phase...

Anyway, I guess that's enough of an introduction. I appreciate the invitation; it's an honor to be here.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Welcome! As you can see, it gets pretty quiet around here sometimes. But if you ask a question or join a discussion in any random thread, someone will always (or at least usually) appear out of the woodwork to answer. And please don't be shy about participating. Both of you guys made awesome PASBR videos.
zool2

Post by zool2 »

Hi everybody, name is Angel but I go by Zool in my videos. The name of my youtube channel is WingedYoshi. I like making combo videos based on obscure games, like the ClayFighter series. I always use a disco/ funk/ synth soundtrack in my videos to spread my love for that type of music. It makes me happy when people start listening to the artist they heard in my videos.

I've been playing fighting games since I was a little kid. I would say ClayFighter was the 2nd fighting game I played (the first being Street Fighter), so it is very nostalgic to me. I dont play that many new video games. The newest game I started playing was Double Dragon Neon, which I freaking love to death :) I wish someone would make a combo video on that game.

I'm grateful to Maj helping me out when I was starting out and for inviting me to join this super secret forum of combo video makers :)
kellyS

Post by kellyS »

Hello! Name's Kelly. Combos...
I started making CMVs mainly because I like to see the kind of punishes for making mistakes in fighting games, plus I like seeing what I can do with the games.
The first fighting game I made a combo video for was Skullgirls. Why? It's an amazing game that I believe needs a little more exposure. Playing online isn't really an option for me with fighting games because my interwebs is pretty bad. I can get a good match every 2 or 3 games. Because of this I went to the lab to get tech, resets combos and the what what. And I decided to upload one CMV, then another. "3rd即死コンボ、連携" was the first CMV that got me hooked on combos, they just look so cool
And now I quite enjoy it. It's a fun hobby for me.
Skullgirls is my main game. Online I play P4A, the netcode is godlike.
I'm a training mode monster, so I'm not very good mid match lol
Rikir

Post by Rikir »

Um hi everybody~ Im your new school Canadian FG player (got my first real start in TvC so im not even an 09'er). I regularly attend tournaments for UMVC3, P4, and if I can find one - Vampire Savior.

I started making combo clips for MVC3 with my phone which I would periodically upload to youtube. I had a lot of good ideas but the quality of my videos were so poor that no one really looked at them. I recently started making real combo videos this year when I got my first capture card for Christmas (I made a video the same night!). And since then, ive been periodically releasing combo videos every 2-4 weeks for every game that I play.

I hope to get to know everyone and become familiar with their work~

Games/Characters I specialize in order of proficiency:
UMVC3 - Tron, Dante, Arthur, Trish, Hsien-ko, Firebrand, Vergil, Jill, Frank West
P4 - Naoto Shirogane
VSav - Q.Bee
TvC - Saki, Batsu, Casshern, Yatterman-2
SF4 - Cammy
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure - Mariah
BB (none of the recent versions) - Noel Vermillion
GGAC - Bridget
onReload

Post by onReload »

Welcome! Mariah combos, eh? Color me interested
TomSinister

Post by TomSinister »

Hello everyone! My name is Tom Sinisi.

I haven't been playing fighting games very long; the first fighting game I picked up was Super Street Fighter 4 when it came out (have never played vanilla). I pretty quickly fell in love with combos right after I started playing, and haven't stopped loving them since! The combos I make usually focus on maximizing damage in a specific scenerio or with specific constraints. I've looked up to guys like Error1, Snoooootch and Maj ever since I started playing, so I'm stoked to be part of this community!
onReload

Post by onReload »

Sounds great. I like your speedruns of the trials, I just recently noticed people other than me were doing that. I'm not very good but I love seeing some of the smart strategies you guys come up with, like new ways to avoid the cinematics and stuff.

If you're curious about any of the older games, there's almost a thread for every game, and if you have any questions about which games to try, just let one of us know.
TomSinister

Post by TomSinister »

onReload, we should do some races on SRL :D
onReload

Post by onReload »

oy, there would be gaps of HOURS