Introduce Yourself Thread...

stay up to date on what's going on
Snoooootch

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread...

Post by Snoooootch »

I had never been so deep into any video game before. I purchased SF4 on the release date. I finally replaced it with Super, and have not yet put it down. Maj was kind enough to invite me here today. I plan to be of service to you all if you need assistance. I am not very informed with anything before sf4, even though I played SF2 when I was 12, but I am very interested and plan to experience every capcom masterpiece to facilitate my understanding of the topics in these discussions.

Thank you, Maj, for the invite.
Making no profit since 1987...
Maj

Post by Maj »

You don't really have to worry about that stuff. We maintain a fairly laid-back atmosphere around here. It's fine if you specialize in one game or one series. There's no need to prove anything by picking up an oldschool game.

Personally i like the core design philosophies of older games like CvS2, SFA3, SFA2, ST, HF, etc. so i keep playing them even when most people have moved on. There's probably a nostalgia factor involved too, but i certainly don't do it for the sake of credibility.

Making videos is already time-consuming enough as it is. No sense taking on more of a self-inflicted burden on top of that.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I understand, but at the same time, I feel out of the loop when I misunderstand something. It's like i NEED to know these things. . . for me. But thanks Maj, I feel better about it.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I, for one, specialize in Mugen.My main is rare Akuma.I have yet to lose with him. lol kiding (not quite, i actually play alot of Mugen).
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I always lose Rare Akuma dittos vs the computer D:
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

I never liked Mugen much, but I was actually involved in custom fighting game making premugen with sfibm
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Mugen's always been my greatest interest that's been left un-tried. I don't know why, but I've never tried it.
error1

Post by error1 »

I've tried mugen, I've even made half a character in it. It's got some good points but it's color depth really limits it
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Oh man you GOTTA tell me from what game the blue-big-headed-thing was.I remember playing it when i was a little kid and loved it.Gotta know what game is it.Also, i am so going to do a Mugen combo vid.Hell yeah, i'm hyped.(or can just fake out an intro with mugen to continue with the REAL combo vid containing SSF4 :P)
spookydonkey

Post by spookydonkey »

hello gentlemen!

im spookydonkey, if for some reason youve read cody forum on srk, you may have seen my retarded posts full of unorthodox ideas :P
as to not bore the crap out of anyone, briefest background possible:
im oldschool(read: oldman) from the sf2 days, worked/played/lived in the arcade in they heyday of fg's. then life happened. then sf4 happened.

so back again, in the thick of it, tho i never thought there would be such a resurgence of my fav genre. :mrgreen:

the reason im here is because i hit maj up for some private feedback on my current project, a cody combo movie, & he told me this was the place!

ive been comboing for nearly two decades now(mostly not to the extent of you guys' works lol), but this is my first attempt @ such a project.

i think ill be posting my latest roughdraft shortly, for your perusal :)
ewige blumenkraft!
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Dude, welcome! I'm pretty new here too. well, not new, but I'm in the 200s out of like 207 members, lol. If you need anything, let me know. I'm here to offer a lending hand if you need it, any time.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Actually there are only 108 members as of this moment. The rest were spambots i had to delete, but those profile numbers are gone forever ...

Man, it's really hard to type a period after the word "forever."
error1

Post by error1 »

108? does that count Guile?
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

oh cool. Error, is that a joke? Oh! GetTheFruit is a new member! THat's awesome! I'm gonna set him up as a nemesis. lol, jk. I was wondering if he was going to join these forums, cause he's got great stuff for ken. Made me move away from all things ken, which happened to be my next ssf4 to do combos with. Then I was gonna move on to Dhalsim, but doop took the lead. lol. Idk, I'll stick to super freezes till I get more stuff on.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha i don't like staying logged in as the admin account, so that's why we have Guile. It's 107 without him.

The other candidates were Admajestrator, Majestrator, and Shin Maj. I think i made the right choice, in spite of omni's advice to the contrary.
GetTheFruit

Post by GetTheFruit »

Sup folks (:,

My nickname is GetTheFruit. Lol, the silliest name ever made haha! So Mr.maj invited me to this great forum, Thanks maj!
I have only made one ken combo video right now, and planning on a second one.
Sup Snoooootch xD! Sorry you know I didn't mean that =p..
So... that's it, wish we all have fun in this forum :).
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

It's all good. there's 34 more characters. lol. Hit me up if you need some ideas for combos. oh, and one combo that wont work is Interrupting the last juggling hit of Ken's U2 and trying to connect it with anything. I spent days on it. . . didn't work. But yeah, let me know if you ever need tips or something. I'll try to come up with something.
GetTheFruit

Post by GetTheFruit »

Wow that's interesting, I never thought of it. I kinda already have a list of about 21 combos ready to be recorded.. Problem is I never managed to record some of them while using the hd recorder. I can feel the input lag, p-linking and even turbo doesn't help. I can do them in my old tv just fine. Do you think people will mind if I use low quality recorder for some combos xD? Still am not sure if it's the tv or the hd recorder causing the lag.
I read your response to my comment on utube... Man it sucks if hd recorders really have input lag, shall I make a thread about this?

EDIT:
Ohhh and by the way snooootch. I'm 99% sure that I will never use counterhit, trade-hit and juggles in my upcoming video(s) so you can still go on with your ken combo video. I will try to come up with some ideas if you decide to go for it :D .
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Oh, naw, it's cool. And if you do have lag problems, i suggest you you get some splitters. I think they could help out with the lag if you divide the cables so they go to both the tv and the recorder, that way you dont have to sent video from the recorder to the tv. idk bro.
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

You can combo after the last hit of ken's U2 (not the cinematic hit, the last kick that triggers the animation), you don't even need to intrerrupt it.
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

what??? wtf, how did I not know this???
Tsu83

Post by Tsu83 »

hello everybody!
i just got invited to this forum. i enjoyed videogames for a long time and my favourite genre always were the beat'em ups. i've never been good at any and only played them with two or three friends (so only well known console games (sf2, bloody roar, tekken 1&2, bushido blade, soul calibur...)). after a long break from playing, sf4 trials made me really interested in combos. sf4 gen's mk-hand combo made me buy an arcade stick and that thing actually made me addicted to recording them. i posted some ssf4 videos on youtube and right now i'm working on combo videos for the female cast of mvsc3.
it's great to be in this forum and i would really like to expand my horizon and get to know more games than the ones mentioned.
thanks for the invite maj
error1

Post by error1 »

welcome
Persona really likes the girls too
but she isn't doing all of them in mvc2
anyway the people here are good for critiques and obscure information so feel free to ask us anything
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

Persona is a ladies man. :)

Tsujigiri, welcome!

Oh, and about the drawing, I finally got the needed supplies to ship it. I bought a huge box and cut out 2 pieces to make 2 thin long boxes. Just finished putting them together and put the drawings in with bubble wrap. SO.... I'll send them as soon as I wake up tomorrow. :) Well yours.. not DrGamez's (He's yet to send me his info...).
Last edited by Snoooootch on Wed May 25, 2011 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raging Hawk

Post by Raging Hawk »

Welcome Tsu83, and I wish you much fun here! :) :wink:
Raine

Post by Raine »

Welcome! I've enjoyed many of your videos, so it's really great to see you here. :)
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

I wont lie. Yesterday I went to the post office but there were like 14 people infront of me with only one teller. I said, SCREW THIS! So.. I went this morning and I was the only one there. It's been sent! It was only like 9 bucks to sent it. :)
Persona

Post by Persona »

Tsu83 wrote:hello everybody!
Welcome Tsujigiri!
error1 wrote:Persona really likes the girls too
Only if they're real and good looking.
Snoooootch wrote:Persona is a ladies man. :)
Lol where did you get this from? I wonder if it was from error1, onReload or Maj. >_>
Snoooootch

Post by Snoooootch »

^ lol, IDK man, I'm just instigating. I wonder is Tsu got his drawing yet. :)