Re: Introduce Yourself Thread...

Post by Don Vecta »

Welcome to the fray, Neophos. :)
AtTheGates

Post by AtTheGates »

hey everyone,
ATG here from germany.
did 2 combovids so far, one which has few combos but a lot of ninjas and music everybody hates: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoxzjUOh6LU
the other has no ninjas but a lot of combos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK1xvsOhDHU&

i've been playing mostly jojo's bizarre adventure lately as well as some fate: unlimited codes, recording mainly BnBs and showoff combos, no full vids.

at this point in time it would be pointless to make a jojo combovid, but Subarashii & me are planning to release a german collaboration match/combo vid, japanese style - just clips from matchvids with music. Footage will be GGPO casuals and ranking battles.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Thanks for the invite Maj!

Not sure what to say, I am a fan of combo vids and I recognise a lot of names here. Would like to get into making them myself, I've posted a few on youtube but tend to delete them after a few weeks.

Also I've met Dark Chaotix a couple of times, not sure if he has any idea who I am but I've been to several OHNs, and I play 3S with Axia occasionally.

edit: oh Remxi is here too, heya!
Last edited by CPS2 on Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I didn't see that this thread existed, so here we do:

I'm usually known as Doopliss or doopliss swe online, but on YT, I'm known as DaDoppen. I like to spend hours and hours in training mode just brainstorming with different characters in SF4, and sometimes I find some interesting stuff. Atm I'm working on a little combo video with some Seth combos that I've found. So I'll only be playing around with combos in SF4 and the upcoming SSF4.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

CPS2 wrote:Thanks for the invite Maj!

Not sure what to say, I am a fan of combo vids and I recognise a lot of names here. Would like to get into making them myself, I've posted a few on youtube but tend to delete them after a few weeks.

Also I've met Dark Chaotix a couple of times, not sure if he has any idea who I am but I've been to several OHNs, and I play 3S with Axia occasionally.

edit: oh Remxi is here too, heya!
Oh, who are you again?? I met too many ppl to remember :P
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:Oh, who are you again?? I met too many ppl to remember :P
lol I know what you mean. My old username was ultracrazy.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

CPS2 wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:Oh, who are you again?? I met too many ppl to remember :P
lol I know what you mean. My old username was ultracrazy.
Ah yup yup, know i remember.

Well if you are on this board then maj must love you :P

Seriously tho, you will find good stuff for your sf4 needs....
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

Hi guys.I'm really happy to be part of this forum.I've been brought to the fighting scene by SF4, after it i also tried other fighters like MVC2,sf2 (i own sfhdr2 but i can barely do cr.mk hadouken there :lol: ),sf3 but i'm no good at them like AT ALL.I'll try to use macros to see if i can do something in those games.Until then i'll be sticking to SF4.
How did you guys started making combo videos?Did you just randomly record some combos and noticed it was really fun?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I have no idea, when I played HDR I didn't care at all, but after a while in SF4, I became obsessed. Maybe it was when I was forcing myself to finish all the hard trials, I dunno. It might have something to do with when I started to main Seth. I actually discovered c.HP xx LP SRK -> j.d.MKx3 -> j.d.HK by myself, and later I found out that it's his main midscreen no-meter punish combo.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

It was when I figured out I should record this snk vs capcom infinite combo I found with Kyosuke a long time ago.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vZSnExmSUA
That eventually led to my fallout 3 speed run
that led to my Strider 2 tas
And Maj must have been really desperate for new members because he invited me after I did this Street figher alpha tas
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Hi to everybody there, it's an honour for me to be here whit all this guys who really has been a source of inspiration and knowledge for me through all this years :D .
My name is Keiko, and i'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I has been in the community for a long time, but specially, oriented into the Latin SF/Capcom people.
I'm currently working on the Street Fighter Alpha 2 Custom Combo Videos by characters, the Alpha series where my main object of work in this years, and i hope to be usefull for some of you who are still interested on those games.
I'm trying to cover all the SFA2 "combo aspects" step by step, in a gradual process of learning, it's a hard goal, but im doing my best on it, i know that SFA2 it's not a "popular" game between players nowadays, but i love this game and i feel the need of doing it, more than anything, for myself and for my friends or the people who are actually interested on it.
Beside the SF Games, i love Vampire Savior, Justice Gakuen, Samurai Spirits and some obscure PSX/Snes/Arcade fighting games like Advanced Variable Geo 2.
Well, that's all i think, i'm very glad to be here, it's a pleasure to meet you all guys.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Ah your SFA2 blog is cool Keiko. Had some fun messing around with a few of the glitches you showed.
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

CPS2 wrote:Ah your SFA2 blog is cool Keiko. Had some fun messing around with a few of the glitches you showed.
Hahaha, thank you, i'm glad to know that the articles where usefull for you CPS2.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Raine

Post by Raine »

Oh cool, it's great that you've joined up to this forum. Welcome, and enjoy your stay. :D

I've watched all of your SFA2 vids and am very impressed with your comprehensive approach to combo making. I've learnt so many things about the game from you. Personally I am interested in making some SFA2 combos so I'm sure your knowledge will be useful at some point.

I too am a fan of Advanced V.G. 2, and you will find there are many fans of the Vampire series on the forums. 8)
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

Remxi wrote:Oh cool, it's great that you've joined up to this forum. Welcome, and enjoy your stay. :D

I've watched all of your SFA2 vids and am very impressed with your comprehensive approach to combo making. I've learnt so many things about the game from you. Personally I am interested in making some SFA2 combos so I'm sure your knowledge will be useful at some point.

I too am a fan of Advanced V.G. 2, and you will find there are many fans of the Vampire series on the forums. 8)
Thanks!, i'm working on some articles that could be very usefull if you're interesested in the sfa2 combo engine, in these days will be finished i think and i will post them here.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
error1

Post by error1 »

I'm a fan of the sfz2 blog as well. I became versed in most of the glitches in the game, when researching for my tas and also found a few of my own. The one think that's remained a mystery to me is how do you make attacks hit backwards after a jump in.
I know how to do the glitch where you character is facing the wrong way but I'm talking about doing a cross up and then the attack after you land is facing the wrong way, I've seen it used a few times in combo videos
Keiko

Post by Keiko »

error1 wrote:I'm a fan of the sfz2 blog as well. I became versed in most of the glitches in the game, when researching for my tas and also found a few of my own. The one think that's remained a mystery to me is how do you make attacks hit backwards after a jump in.
I know how to do the glitch where you character is facing the wrong way but I'm talking about doing a cross up and then the attack after you land is facing the wrong way, I've seen it used a few times in combo videos
Hi error1, i've tried so many times to get that backward combos in SFA2 whit no positive results at all, i also tried them whit the "face wrong direction glitch" and nothings seems to happen... the only "clue" i know about this, is that for example, against Rolento he must perform his S.Forward kick at the same time you crossup him in the corner... i just can make it works like 3 or 4 times in the console version (PSX/Saturn) but never in the Arcade version, it seems to be very frame specific.
I'm Still exploring it and how they might work, but nothing concrete at all at this time.
「切ない想いを受け止めて」
SFZ2 Blog
Rufus

Post by Rufus »

FWIW I'm primarily interested in engine analysis things. This is probably one of my more interesting ongoing projects for you guys:
http://www.pedantic.org/~nate/HDR/

Currently working on a programmable controller project.
Raging Hawk

Post by Raging Hawk »

Hey Guys, I'm Raging Hawk from Germany! I'm a passionate Gamer and Fighting Game Player and Lover. I didn't constributed that much so far, when it comes to combos or videos. I released an 5 and half minute SNK Combo Video last year that features alot of different SNK Titles. Vecta helped me, in production of this video. I appear in NB3 as one of many main maker, and in other smaller or bigger Videos as an guest! I'm an Multi-Game Combo Maker. I combo in every Game, that I've played and loved in my youth as a kid.

So that means, Combos in SFEX+@, EX2Plus, Bloody Roar 2, MSHvsSF,XvsSF,the Street Fighter series, the alpha series, Fatal Fury Special, Samurai Shodown series, Real Bout series, and in many more Capcom, SNK, and other game series. My main Music Genre, that I'll use in a video, are mostly Breakbeat/Liquid and Atmospheric Drum & Bass tunes. Yeah, and that's it. I hope, we will have good time together!!! :D
Raine

Post by Raine »

Mmm I have enjoyed your combos when I have come across them. Nice to see you work lots of different games.

Welcome to SH!
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Nice to have another SNK combomaker here. Good to see you RH
DevilAzite

Post by DevilAzite »

Hello everyone. Name's Devil, bit of a fighting game player. Actually I play a lot of games other than fighting. Mainly played fighters in my childhood days.

To be honest I'm not even sure how I got invited here. That only makes this introduction all the more weird. Makes me feel like someone's been stalking me. Plus that and it took me 3 days to find a proper thread to introduce myself. Cause I'd hate to post something to a place I've been invited to and it ends up with *banhammer.

Anyway. Good to be here and hope to get to know some of you guys better. (so we can collab it up on sum combo vids yo)
error1

Post by error1 »

I recommended you be invited after seeing your attempt at a necro 3rd strike tas at tasvideos, I thought it showed some potential, and people here can give you useful critiques if you do another submission.
Don't worry about posting stuff in the wrong place, this is a small forum and I don't think maj has ever banned anyone, maj will just move it if he needs to.
DevilAzite

Post by DevilAzite »

Ah I see. Well, since I'm here this may be the best place to post my ideas on something I'm thinking about doing. But I'll make another thread for it.
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

You could make a separate thread to contain the girth of that signature graphic, too.
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hahaha it is kind of cramping this multiplayer notepad vibe we've got going, isn't it?

I mean i never wanted anyone to feel like they couldn't have a sig banner, but i have to admit i'm pretty happy that almost everybody chose not to. Still, if everyone decided to adopt one tomorrow, it wouldn't bother me at all.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I just use adblock to get rid of it.

You can have it if you want, and I don't have to see it.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
DevilAzite

Post by DevilAzite »

Lol I actually didn't want it that size but I guess I mis-clicked somewhere. Should be fixed.