Introduce Yourself Thread...

stay up to date on what's going on
Magnetro

Introduce Yourself Thread...

Post by Magnetro »

Since there are only 20 people registered thus far I think it would be nice if everyone knew each other and knew what games they specialized in. I know a lot of the people on this forum already but there are a few I don't know about so...

Majestros - CvS2 combo video guy and creator of this website (<3) Hates when people pick Guile and Bison on the same team :lol:

jchensor - (really) old school combo video person. One of the people who put in a lot of time into the ode to the two hit combo video and World Famous Iron-Combo Chef :wink:

Kamui --- :?: :?: :?:

NKI - ST, KI, MvC1 and other games video guy... http://www.umsl.edu/~nki4z3/pics/x-mas. ... s.2006.jpg :mrgreen:

Persona - :?: :?: :?:

Magnetro - One of the MvC2 combo video people here ^_^

fullmetalross - :?: :?: :?:

Thongboy Bebop - Guy who made a few 3S tutorials, were a big smash, people have been sending in death threats for him to finish up the other videos he's supposed to do.

Vega_Omega - Another MvC2 person. Hasn't made any videos yet but is making one at the moment. New comer.

BB Hood - MvC2 glitch guy, knows a lot about the game especially bugs. he's made one video http://www.glitchvideos.com Oh and plays BBHood in actual matches

buktooth - not sure if you make cvs2 videos but I know you placed high at evo last year.

Robyrt - :?: :?: :?:

Xenozip. :?: :?: :?:

Toxy - XvSF combo video person.

Goryus - :?: :?: :?:

Mike Z - MvC2 guy, used to make videos. http://www.zachd.com/mvc2 ...they're somewhere in there

Clockw0rk - only actual top mvc2 player on this website lol... used to have a website and was part of top players.com...

desk - :?: :?: :?:

obot64 - cvs2 person that used to make a lot of videos and I think has a website http://www.obot64.com :D
desk

Post by desk »

So am I allowed to talk about myself? lol. The only thing I've contributed is making the Ken vs Gief videos. I used to play CvS2 but right now I'm into ST and 3s. I've even won some comps here in the UK, yay! Hoping to hit the europeon SBO quals if they have any this year. And I suck.

out
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Umm I'm kabukimono on srk boards, I like fighting game systems I think the ideas are really cool. Alot of times I can quote cvs 2 frame data cause I have a good memory. I'm currently working on thawk stuff, and a secret cvs 2 combo video that will hopefully be very sexy.
NKI

Post by NKI »

Kamui is a 3rd Strike combo/glitch maestro. He's done several vids with Mopreme.
Thongboy Bebop

Post by Thongboy Bebop »

Xenozip makes Alpha3 stuff mostly (especially that hot assed Guy tutorial), and also keeps me from adding even more superfluous garbage to my videos.

Seriously, they'd be like twice as long if not for him.

N
"If you lose any more weight I'm sending you to rehab." -- My Mother
Maj

Post by Maj »

That whole "Maj hates Guile/Bison teams" thing is an inside joke between you and MegamanDS right? But he's not here so ... i don't get it.

Also i dunno if you remember that Street Fighter cartoon they used to show on USA Network, but the best episode was the one where Guile and Bison teamed up to fight Akuma. The drawing style was helluva different, like they hired some random Korean studio to do the animation. At one point Guile got thrown off a cliff and he "climbed" back to the top by doing backflips up a vertical rock wall. It looked like this:

|
|
|o>-<

|
|>-<o
|

|o>-<
|
|

..o
<|>
./\
|
|
|
NKI

Post by NKI »

Hahahahahahaha... :mrgreen:
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

I don't know what took more skill... making that ASCII art, or somersaulting up a vertical wall.

And I'm glad I'm the only one made to sound so old here. *sigh* Probably because I am the only one who is so old here.

- James
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

ImageImageImage
good job on the ASCII art

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

This thread title says introduce yourself, so I don't care - imma talk about myself. :B

Hi. Yeah, like Thongboy said, I have done some SFA3 stuff in the past along with some other various things. I've done: SFA3 "Ticks and Tips" -- SFA3 "Guy Exhibition" -- I contributed to Ikusat's MB:R "Volume 6", MB:FT -- I created a short demo for GGXX#R called "pot flick" -- And I've created V-ism "custom combo" clips for SFA3 characters.

I'm interested in doing a hugenormous tutorial for SF3:3S' Ibuki that would either rival or beat my Guy Exhibition in terms of depth and detail, but uhh.. I'm not sure if I'll ever get around to it. Instead I lay out plans on SRK found here and here, and never actually do anything. And you can find some of my SFA3 clips direct linked here. The project had a good run, but kind of inexplicably stopped when I got down to my least favorite characters.

My current interest is with Monster. I do a quick little text-based rundown of Monster on my blog here. I'm currently playing and working closely with Monster and it's tiny blossoming community so it's not unlikely that I'll be doing projects for it in the near future. If you're un-lazy you could probably find your way to my youtube page which has match videos of SF3 and Monster (along with my SFA3 clippits). Right now I'm working on a tournament "highlights reel" which will probably end up looking like an exhibition, and it's forced be to get back in the groove of video editing, which means I'm prepped and ready for more future projects.

Well, enough about me.

I am a fan of Sirlin's SSF2T Tutorial found on CCC2 and I feel his method of narration should be the staple method of presenting how-to guides/tutorials.

I'm also a fan of Chen's "Ode to the 2hit Combo" which was beyond fantastic on so many levels.

And I'm a fan on Thongboy's tutorials for the sheer amount of effort he puts into cosmetics, and for doing things the hard way. Crazy person. But then, I also respect him as an artist and for having that extra artistic flare and effort in his work. I've had to slap his wrists a few times, but only because I care. <3

And I've had a lot of respect for Maj since I first saw SH and my respect for him only grew the more I read his posts on SRK.

zomg I talk a lot, hi.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

ShinjiGohan: Crappy SFEX player
Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip. wrote:And you can find some of my SFA3 clips direct linked here. The project had a good run, but kind of inexplicably stopped when I got down to my least favorite characters.
Those vids are awesome. I still can't believe half of the crazy shit you can do with a confusion VC. Actually, it looks like you've got almost every character done. When you finish the last few, are you gonna go back and do the Guile/DeeJay/Bison ones or did TS cover everything in his vids?
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Thanks.

Yeah, TS covered those characters. Middlekick also covered R.Mika pretty well, too. And the confusion ones are actually all technically unblockable resets, not just "hard to block". I've been meaning to explain the hows and whys in detail but never got around to it.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Xenozip. wrote:I'm also a fan of Chen's "Ode to the 2hit Combo" which was beyond fantastic on so many levels.
Just wanted to pop in and say thanks for the compliments, Xenozip. But I do always have to also give tons of credit to Maj himself, 'cause he contributed half of the combos and was the guy who got the whole project rolling in the first place.

- James "Super Old School Guy" Chen
laugh

Post by laugh »

I don't think I've been mentioned in this thread yet, so here it goes.

Real name - Ryan Ahn aka Chang

SN - laugh (picked this name ages ago cuz the spelling doesn't look anything like the way it sounds, I don't like plain and ordinary things)

My main game is cvs2, but I also play ST, 3s, Hokuto no Ken, A3, and T5 DR in the order of importance.

Been playing SF since the CE/rainbow edition days, and I've never got into the whole SNK side of things although they gathered just as much crowd in the arcades as SF. I've been faithful to the brand and played any capcom fighter I can get my hands on even if I didn't know how to properly play them.

It was when I got a DC as a Christmas present in 2001 that I got interested in SF again and I played nothing but mvc2 on pad everyday for about 9 months until I visited Korea during the Summer of 2002 and got RAPED in cvs2. Got me hooked onto the game, played it everyday at the arcades while I was in Korea brought back some sticks and that's how I started getting better at games. I'm living in Korea right now.

I made short clips of cvs2 including the Blanka RC electricity tutorial showing my hands for the Korean capcom community then released them on srk as well. That was the start. I haven't made many videos but I have an annual cvs2 video thing going and I'm hoping to keep it going as long as I can find new interesting stuff. The editing on my latest video "Memories of 2006" made in cooperation with Gene aka HAK was inspired the most by james chen's "Fun with CFE" video.
CC that shit
desk

Post by desk »

dude, could you link me up to that blanka video? I was actually planning to do something very similar, showing my hands doing the button inputs... but it sounds like you've already covered it, lol.
laugh

Post by laugh »

desk, I wish I had that clip myself. It got lost from my harddrive a long time ago from moving to a different state to a different country, but since Obot64 used to host it on his website he might still have it.
CC that shit
ZenFire

Hello

Post by ZenFire »

Hey ppl. I'm ZenFire and am new here. I thought my first post should be in the "introduce yourself" thread, so here it is. I made a CvS2 tutorial video for King, which warrented the invitation to these forums apparently :oops:

Other than that, umm, I'm live in the Netherlands. I have been playing fighting games since Karate Champ and first came in contact with competitive SF since I stumbled on a little group of ppl in an arcade in Torquay England of all places, and that was CE. Dunno THAT much about game mechanics outside 3S and CvS2, but I know a bit about video and random computer things.
felineki

Post by felineki »

Felineki here. Video games have pretty much always been a part of my life, ever since the Atari and the NES. Not just playing them, but what goes on "behind the scenes", so to speak. The design process, and what makes them tick. Like many others, my first experience with fighting games was Street Fighter II. I'm not really any good, and was never into the competitive scene, but I loved the games anyway.

Over the past few years, I got back into fighters again and realized how much more there was to them than first appears. I like experimenting with the systems of each game, seeing how the rules work, and what combos and such are possible. I might try and make a combo video someday. Gievn my lack of experiece, it probably won't be anything interesting compared to the rest of the stuff here, but I think it might be fun.
middlekick

Post by middlekick »

Hey hey hey. I'm big fan of 2-D fighters, especially the Capcom CPS1/CPS2 stuff and SNK fighters up to the start of the Garou/Last Blade era. I still play the majority of those games, but my favourites are probably SFA3 and Garou Densetsu / Fatal Fury Special. I was a pretty big lurker back in my a.g.s.f.2 days, in '97. I guess my claim to fame is having met one of its more famous posters, Milo D. Cooper, in an arcade in London, sometime in 1998, and having a good session at SFA3. He was probably the inspiration behind Cammy now being one of my main characters in SFA3.

You may or may not be aware, but the UK 2-D fighting game scene is finally coming back to life. With the emergence of Neo Empire, there seems to be a growing sense of a community, which has brought players -- both old-school and newer competitors -- together. Tourney frequency seem to be on the increase, and apparently as does the level of the players. It's good time for us, I think.

It's kind of an honour to be in your midst, here with some of the most respected members of the 2-D fighting game community. Thank you, Xenozip., for your recommendation to the members here and for the invitation.
middlekick

Post by middlekick »

On the subject of celebrities I've met, add Mike Z to the list. Do you remember? You visited London and there you met Warganic, grayfox and myself. I believe we also have you to thank for releasing all the characters on our MVC2 machine.

Also add: Tom (or was it Tony?) Cannon.
Mike Z

Post by Mike Z »

Hi, Mike Z here. I did some stuff once that nobody remembers except Maj, and I take game engines apart for fun. :^) I probably know the most about MvC2, but 3s is a close second and GG ties. I remember all kinds of weirdness for random games, and every time I play a new game of any kind, some kind of gamebreaking glitch happens to me.

Fun fact: I started making videos to prove Viscant wrong - Zangief did indeed have an infinite in MvC2.
middlekick wrote:Do you remember?
Hell yeah, Warganic took me to have chicken feet. Ugh. And it took forever to put all those credits in MvC2. I wish I'd known the codes back then, but I don't think anyone did.

Mike Z
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Welcome, ZenFire!

Welcome, middlekick!

Welcom felineki!

Glad to see you all here.

And I think I know this Mike Z guy. ^_^ I think we spent a good amount of time copying each other's SonSon Combos early in MvC2 Combo Video lore.

By the way, felineki.... I think you were the one who was amassing the Vampire Collection's options stars functions... thing... and such (can't remember the real term). Did you ever finish getting a lot of those? Do you have that document anywhere? ^_^ Apologies ahead of time if you weren't the one compiling that.

- James
felineki

Post by felineki »

Yeah, I was trying to keep track of those a while back. I'm not sure if I have a compiled document at the moment, but I still have the source sites I was getting my info from:

VampireSavior.com (Arrange Version Savior only)
Kien (Vampire Section)
Kien (Vampire Hunter Section)
Kien (Vampire Savior Section)
Kien (Vampire Savior Arrange Section)

I was trying to translate what I could, but my Japanese is very, very basic, so there were a lot of things I couldn't make much sense of. Maybe NKI could help. :P
jchensor

Post by jchensor »

Thank, sir! I really wish I could read Japanese now. ^_^ I don't think I'm gonna ask NKI to translate all of these. ^_^

- James
Siedler Pompiani

Re: Introduce Yourself Thread...

Post by Siedler Pompiani »

Hi, I´m Siedler Pompiani from UltraCombos. So, I was Invited by Majestros to join in this nice forum.
Thanks ^^
Dark_Chaotix

Hey!!

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Hey Im Dark Chaotix (or DC) and I too was asked by Majestros to check this forum out. I reside at http://www.cyberfanatix.com which is a king of fighters / SNK site and forum. Im a mod on the site and a combomaker for SNK games, but i predominantly play XI and 2k2 as my mains. 3s, sta3, sfex2 are a few of the capcom fighting games that i do play aswell.

I do notice that there are some great players / combomakers / vid makers here and am a fan of most. Im aware of NKI, jchensor, zenfire, thongboy, Xenozip, Mike Z and desk. Its a privilege to be here and talk to you all.

Persona and Seidler are friends of mine and are also Kof / SNK orientated players / combomakers aswell.

I shall check the site some more.

DC
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

Vice Vecta from Cyberfanatix in here as well.

Seems the SNK side of CMV has finally arrived to Maj's place, huh? :P Anyways, thanx for the invitation, honored to know some other combo making masters as well.

As for me I do nothing. Really, i ain't combo maker (sometimes, but i rarely do something impressive), nor editor. I only put pieces together and know the scene for some years... at least for the SNK side. Being produced couple of vids like New Blood (along with Persona), MCU Revelation (edited by Y-AV's Sry_Jacky) and now in production of New Blood 2 and MCU 2 : Fight (yeh, same shit: mega-productions with flashy edition).

Appreciate the invitation.
Goryus

Post by Goryus »

Welcome aboard, Don/Vice Vecta! I'm sure you'll fit right in. ^_^;
I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you reject all the other possible gods, you'll understand why I reject yours.
Neophos

Post by Neophos »

I guess I should post here.

I have no idea why I'm here. I only registered as a reflex for asking Majestros a question about Guile. Somehow, it led to my account getting accepted here. I'm not on the same level as anyone here in any game, so I guess I oughta pick up some really obscure game just to flaunt superior knowledge at some game.

I'm mainly a Guilty Gear player, but I don't think I'm on a theoretical or creative level to create anything really new for it.