Challenge 17: Super Hyper Ultra Combo

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 17: Super Hyper Ultra Combo

Post by Maj »

In SF4, find a way to incorporate two Ultras into one combo. That's worth one point. Adding a Super on top of that gets you a second point.

Once an entry is accepted, nobody else can use that Ultra. Which means every character can be used once, with the exception of Gen who has two Ultras, unless whoever picks Gen is a jerk and uses both in one combo.
error1

Re: Challenge 17: Super Hyper Ultra Combo

Post by error1 »

am assuming you have inf ultra for this cuz I can't think of any way to do it.
I'll go ahead and get the obvious Dhalsim out of the way. I happen to know a very obscure one here but I think only a couple can get two ultras and a super.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=OJ71SZ30
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:In SF4, find a way to incorporate two Ultras into one combo. That's worth one point. Adding a Super on top of that gets you a second point.

Once an entry is accepted, nobody else can use that Ultra. Which means every character can be used once, with the exception of Gen who has two Ultras, unless whoever picks Gen is a jerk and uses both in one combo.
Is stun allowed? Or is that too simple?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Nope, no infinite meter. It's gotta be done with default meter settings. No stun allowed either.
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

I'm not up to date with the latest SF4 stuff but how are you going to build the 2nd ultra if you aren't getting hit as your still within a combo that your performing? Unless this is something completely different than what I'm thinking...
error1

Post by error1 »

The only way I could see to do it was to have sim use his ultra, get hit with a quick ultra of his opponents to recharge his ultra. Then have the opponent run over to the first ultra. I figured blanka would be the best opponent due to his very quick super but I couldn't get it to work.
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:The only way I could see to do it was to have sim use his ultra, get hit with a quick ultra of his opponents to recharge his ultra. Then have the opponent run over to the first ultra. I figured blanka would be the best opponent due to his very quick super but I couldn't get it to work.
Just to test I had had Dhalsim eat an ultra from Ryu, but it got his gauge only up to like 48%, to see if I could

1. Throw out dhalsim's ultra,
2. Then eat a big combo or Ultra (something fast) for the revenge meter
3. Teleport/dash up and throw another meatball, err, Yoga Catastrophe just as the first one lingering does maybe 1 hit.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

I want to submit something but real life is getting in the way, cause Im never home lately.

I would just like to say that you guys are really really really really really super really overlooking something.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I can only see two, maybe three ways to do this, and Maj already did Ryu.

As the above Dhalsim clip isn't valid, I uploaded one myself. Megaupload hates me atm, so YT it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HlYxsZws3n4
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
error1

Post by error1 »

it's obvious now. I think just about any ultra that can trade can do it, but only a few can get a super in too.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Trraaaaaaaaaaaades...
fullmetalross wrote:really really really really really super really overlooking something.
Goddammit.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah, i think we're almost out of SF4 challenges now. I would've kept waiting but there was no activity whatsoever in this thread and even FMR went missing. Though i'm sure he had the answer, cuz he plays CvS2 and the same idea comes up when you're trying to get two lvl3 supers out of K-Groove. This is just stuff you learn to look for whenever a new game comes out: How do the meter systems work and what's the best way to boost them one shot?

Maybe there's another way to do this without using Balrog, but it would involve a lot of shenanigans and super fireballs trading and finding ultras that cause crazy long hitstun. Does Dhalsim's ultra generate enough meter for lvl1 ultra or is it only Ryu?

Doopliss: I'll add a point to your score for that clip but Dhalsim vs Balrog is a little too obvious. Also if someone finds another setup for Sim, i'll count it despite using the same ultra because he's possibly one of the few characters with a versatile enough ultra to find another way.
error1

Post by error1 »

Yah I had thought of trading, I just forgot there was a special move that could do over 500 damage in one hit
I did try a few things with sim. Trading with Blanka's ultra seemed like the most promising .
I was meaning to try
vs ryu trade ultra with crossup jump in.
dragon punch fadc - sim focus backdash x2
I'm thinking that would give enough meter but I'm not sure the ultra would still be on screen.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I think I could do a more original one with Dhalsim :3

EDIT: nope, no I couldn't. I'm quite limited because i can't control both characters at once.

Maj

Post by Maj »

The Training Mode Record/Playback feature used to be my best friend back in CvS2 days. Even when it would've been easier to coordinate something with a friend, i still preferred going through the extra trouble of doing it by myself simply because it was more convenient and there was no pressure (or time constraints (or yelling (lol))).
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I would use that, but you have to charge TAP for more than 10 seconds XD I have managed to combo 2 ultras into each other with 2 characters that arent mentioned here, but that was with infinite meter, and one of them will not work without it. The other one might work though :3

Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh, i thought you meant you had another idea that didn't involve Balrog. Yeah, TAP is recording-proof unfortunately.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Oh, i thought you meant you had another idea that didn't involve Balrog. Yeah, TAP is recording-proof unfortunately.
is TAP Final 43+ seconds like in A3?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

I tried counting to 43 seconds and only got an 8 in my Dhalsim video, but maybe I counted too fast.

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

Doopliss wrote:I tried counting to 43 seconds and only got an 8 in my Dhalsim video, but maybe I counted too fast.
The final takes 56 seconds (3360 frames) to charge.
Last edited by Rufus on Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

ok.

Rufus

Post by Rufus »

It seems like there might be multiple ways to get Dhalsim's Ultra meter rebuilt, but everyone else is AFAICT stuck trading with the TAP.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

Lol I wonder what my idea was....