Request Japanese translations here!

stay up to date on what's going on
onReload

Re: Request Japanese translations here!

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:What about Tanoshijanai, would it be something like "isn't it enjoyable/fun"?

Or rather, what would be the casual way to ask if something seems fun/enjoyable?
tanoshii ja nai? = ain't it fun?

you can hear Vice say "tanoshii ne?" when she does one of her moves, at least in CvS2. i'm sure maj will be able to tell us without even checking lol

tanoshii = present tense adjective for fun/enjoyable.
Raine

Post by Raine »

onReload wrote:you can hear Vice say "tanoshii ne?" when she does one of her moves, at least in CvS2. i'm sure maj will be able to tell us without even checking lol
Yeah she says during her hcb,f+P grab (also appears in KoF). The one where she scrapes your face along the floor. :twisted: :lol:
onReload

Post by onReload »

Remxi wrote:
onReload wrote:you can hear Vice say "tanoshii ne?" when she does one of her moves, at least in CvS2. i'm sure maj will be able to tell us without even checking lol
Yeah she says during her hcb,f+P grab (also appears in KoF). The one where she scrapes your face along the floor. :twisted: :lol:
god i hate that pot-buster motion. i can't super with gief in HDremix thanks to sirloin's genius of putting in a 360, but not a 720.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Thanks.

Hmm, thinking about it, there was never any command in any game that bugged me except the damn pretzel motion. Why would you do that, SNK.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Can someone translate the last post 538 made here please? That dude is 100% immune to online translators.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Can someone translate the last post 538 made here please? That dude is 100% immune to online translators.
bah fuck i don't have japanese installed on this computer

try taking bits and pieces over to google translate, or certain words/chunks to jisho.org. online translators shit themselves when faced with bigger thoughts
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

I use this

http://www.excite.co.jp/world/english/ This one is a translation tool like google, but better. It has English to Japanese and vice versa.

and

http://www.alc.co.jp/ This one is a phrase database. It has phrases that were translated to Japanese or to English. So for instance, you can find the Japanese equivalent of "Bull's eye!" in there.

As for what I got from the first site:
>> CMV Create
Maybe, it doesn't do.

At present, there is no schedule.

I today not only am stopping the thing that is "Person who makes
animation" but also there is not "Person who sees animation" either.

If it is possible to wait patiently, it is likely to revive sooner or
later because the combo fiddle did not become disgusted.
What I get from that is he doesn't have a plan as of now. Maybe he will revive the video making process if people wait or he lost passion for it?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Yeah that's what the translator gave me too, but it's too ambiguous to guess at. I've made that mistake with him before and then when it was translated by someone who spoke Japanese, the meaning was completely different. Anyway it's not urgent. Whatever he means, chances are it won't leave room for much of a response.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Is there a voice(in-game quote) list for SF4 anywhere?

I'm mostly interested in seeing what JP-Rufus says for his snake strike, and things like that.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:Is there a voice(in-game quote) list for SF4 anywhere?

I'm mostly interested in seeing what JP-Rufus says for his snake strike, and things like that.
So am I, tbh...I might just have to listen a little more carefully, but I'm also not sure if his character botches Japanese - his intro sounds like japanglish almost, but it might just be I don't get his accent.

edit: I'm going through his soundrips with my headphones and a japanese-english site open.

Messiah kick is pretty direct, he says "きゅうせいしゅ Kick!" [kyuuseishu kick], the japanese part meaning messiah or savior.

galactic tornado = "銀河 Tornado!" [ginga tornado], which is galaxy tornado, or galactic tornado ("ginga" apparently refers specifically to the milky way galaxy)

Snake Strike is weird. he says "じゃとつねいちゃー" [jatotsu neichaa], and "Jatotsu" is the combination of "ja" for snake or serpent, and "totsu" for prick, or stab, or bite etc...so it's "snake bite nature". Seems the japanese usually abbreviate this move as "jatotsu"

...if you want I'll keep digging. I've always wondered some of this stuff myself.

Just on my japanese knowledge alone, and google returning nothing, the one I'm most curious about is the EX Tornado quote. after listening a few times, sounds like "koitsu aitaize!” which would be "I wanna meetcha!" (using koitsu which isn't super polite)...and that makes sense, as it does have quite a bit of vacuum power, but like i said, haven't turned anything up yet.

Space Opera Symphony ender:

とどめだ![todome da!] = "it's the finishing blow!" (gen says the same thing before performing Zan'Ei). Also, when he starts the ultra, he definitely starts by saying "Zenbei", which he also says in his intro, which means pan-american or all-american. the rest is harder to understand
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Oh I'm definitely very interested in all of this stuff. Thank you very much for the info on Rufus.

I was wondering what JP-Honda says for his Oicho throw because I can kind of hear "Oicho Nage" but is it "nagechee" or "nagechee" or what?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:Oh I'm definitely very interested in all of this stuff. Thank you very much for the info on Rufus.

I was wondering what JP-Honda says for his Oicho throw because I can kind of hear "Oicho Nage" but is it "nagechee" or "nagechee" or what?
It's "Oicho nage jee!" or jaee or something to that effect. it's a spin on saying "____ ja!" (like Makoto saying "Shobu ja" or "It's a fight!").
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Oh I wrote the same thing twice (chee and chee) lol, I mean to ask if it's "jaeee". Thanks.

Shobu ja is pretty epic. Good intensity in her voice.
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

Maj wrote:Can someone translate the last post 538 made here please? That dude is 100% immune to online translators.
I asked my brother (he's translated a million games into English for Namco and others) and he even translated the English part into Japanese for you!

[12:28] Kagami001: "Sorry, for not responding for so long.

>>CMV create
たぶん、しません。

No plans at the moment.

Right now, I haven't just put making videos on hold, I'm not even watching any.

I haven't gotten sick of fiddling with combos, though, so if you wait long enough I may return some day."
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
Maj

Post by Maj »

Awww... sadness and despair of skinny Trent Reznor proportions.

Thanks for the translation sir. I guess our only hope is for Tekken 7 to have 112 xx super (basketball interrupt), EX 112 xx EWGF combos. He couldn't possibly resist those.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:Oh I wrote the same thing twice (chee and chee) lol, I mean to ask if it's "jaeee". Thanks.

Shobu ja is pretty epic. Good intensity in her voice.

Don't know why it took me so long but

Rufus indeed starts his Ultra with "Zenbei ga naku ze!", or "All of America cries!", because the English translation is "America sheds a tear!" both are awkward but that's that. zenbei = all of america, naku = to cry.

Still lost on his super startup, and that would be the end of all his special move talk. don't know all the taunts. "Ne ne, ore no panchi mieta?" is one of his end quotes, it means "hey, were you able to see my punches?"
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Thanks, lol.

Yeah the taunt quotes aren't particularly interesting to me either. The ones I would normally care about I actually already understand anyway since they are all very simple generic one liners from like every game/anime ever.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:Thanks, lol.

Yeah the taunt quotes aren't particularly interesting to me either. The ones I would normally care about I actually already understand anyway since they are all very simple generic one liners from like every game/anime ever.
I'm interested, actually, but it's just a huge undertaking with 25 characters and a bunch of different quotes.

but yeah, one becomes fluent in videogame japanese pretty fast after hearing "ikuze" and "kakatte koi" enough times
error1

Post by error1 »

onReload. wrote: but yeah, one becomes fluent in videogame japanese pretty fast after hearing "ikuze" and "kakatte koi" enough times
Yah it's stuff like Terry's Powaway or Gambit's Credit card that are hard to translate.
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:
onReload. wrote: but yeah, one becomes fluent in videogame japanese pretty fast after hearing "ikuze" and "kakatte koi" enough times
Yah it's stuff like Terry's Powaway or Gambit's Credit card that are hard to translate.
There's a few vids on RXs site using 2nd Impact Urien (he's known for his work with 3S Urien) and through editing he implies that he has no fucking clue what the guy was trying to say at the end of his SA1, or when he wins...so a lot of the time it's that mixture of japanese and english
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

error1 wrote:Yah it's stuff like Terry's Powaway or Gambit's Credit card that are hard to translate.
Actually, funny you bring that up. I've asked about Gambit's winquote before. French Cajun, French Canadian, France French, word salad, it's hard to tell. I ripped a clean sample of it before and no one seemed to know what he was saying. Or at least, the people I asked couldn't tell me. The only thing I can personally make out is "fini" which at least suggests the rest of it is some kind of French.

I always thought they got the voice samples for the x-men from the animated series, so I didn't think it could be word salad.

Knowing comic book one-liners it's probably something really mundane like "the job is done" or "the battle is over" or something stupid.
error1

Post by error1 »

I think he says "Le tournament c'est finit!" the tournament it's finished. So your "the battle is over" guess was close.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Ahh, that would make sense. To me it sounded like "ta ni mo" and I was like "?!"

Thanks.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

I need help. Wondering if someone could give the jap translation for "petrify" or "stone". Its going to be the name of my CMV....
onReload

Post by onReload »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:I need help. Wondering if someone could give the jap translation for "petrify" or "stone". Its going to be the name of my CMV....
石 = ishi = stone

petrify, hmm, do you want exactly what they use in like Final Fantasy? 石化 = sekka = petrification. when it's just petrification, the noun, then it's just kanji, which is cooler. is that what you were looking for?
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

onReload wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:I need help. Wondering if someone could give the jap translation for "petrify" or "stone". Its going to be the name of my CMV....
石 = ishi = stone

petrify, hmm, do you want exactly what they use in like Final Fantasy? 石化 = sekka = petrification. when it's just petrification, the noun, then it's just kanji, which is cooler. is that what you were looking for?
Ah thanks man. Ill tell you what its for. It for my CMV as I have called my stuff after an element so this one i want to be the "stone" or "petrify" edition. I used yonokaze as my last one so what would you think would be the best one to use??
onReload

Post by onReload »

Hmm, yo no kaze as in wind of the world? petrification works 'cause the japanese wiki article for some reason only details the fictitious bits about petrification (like the mythological creatures and stuff, basilisk etc) and the videogame bits, so I don't know if it's used as a more technical term.

the idea of something turning to stone, however, may not be enough for a cmv unless you were doing a lot of stuff that stops the character in place...otherwise it might seem like a random title.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

onReload wrote:Hmm, yo no kaze as in wind of the world? petrification works 'cause the japanese wiki article for some reason only details the fictitious bits about petrification (like the mythological creatures and stuff, basilisk etc) and the videogame bits, so I don't know if it's used as a more technical term.

the idea of something turning to stone, however, may not be enough for a cmv unless you were doing a lot of stuff that stops the character in place...otherwise it might seem like a random title.
The name doesnt mean anything to the vid at all. Its just a name for the vid itself and not the content.

Sooo Sekka or Ishi I should use??
onReload

Post by onReload »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
onReload wrote:Hmm, yo no kaze as in wind of the world? petrification works 'cause the japanese wiki article for some reason only details the fictitious bits about petrification (like the mythological creatures and stuff, basilisk etc) and the videogame bits, so I don't know if it's used as a more technical term.

The name doesnt mean anything to the vid at all. Its just a name for the vid itself and not the content.

sekka i suppose
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

onReload wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:

sekka i suppose
Thanks