Request Japanese translations here!

stay up to date on what's going on
Maj

Re: Request Japanese translations here!

Post by Maj »

Dark_Chaotix wrote:
onReload wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:The name doesnt mean anything to the vid at all. Its just a name for the vid itself and not the content.

Sooo Sekka or Ishi I should use??

sekka i suppose
Thanks
Hahaha okay, this is getting a little out of hand. Is there really a reason to quote the post directly above yours? I mean, i don't know, i guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference but to me it always seems like clutter - especially when a five-line quote is followed by a one-line response.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

Didnt think there was a standard?! I just copy quotes so ppl know what im referring to even its its the latest topic of convo in that thread.

Im just used to doing that I guess. Sometimes when people dont I kinda lose track of what happening or is someone is meant to be talking to someone. It has happened on this forum before and half the time i dont bother reading cos I dont have an idea or whats going on or I just cant follow it.

Simpleton I Iz :P
SlimX

Post by SlimX »

Maj wrote:
Dark_Chaotix wrote:
onReload wrote:

sekka i suppose
Thanks
Hahaha okay, this is getting a little out of hand. Is there really a reason to quote the post directly above yours? I mean, i don't know, i guess it comes down to a matter of personal preference but to me it always seems like clutter - especially when a five-line quote is followed by a one-line response.
Good point, Maj
"Man, you being proud of me got in the way, bitch!"
onReload

Post by onReload »

maj you must be new to forum life to not gaze into the wonder that is the quote vortex
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Maj wrote:-snip-
Citizen Sniiiiiiips!
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

What's the Secret? It says something about winposes and a 1/256 chance. Doesn't apply to my thing but I'm curious.

How do you get the red vs. black bomb?

The book is "All About Series Vol. 20 Vampire Savior" by Studio Bent Stuff.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

About rare winposes. In SFA 1, when sodom won, he would spin his jittes. but once, he dropped them. Now, I've been playing SFA1 a lot, and I've only seen that happen once.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
ShinjiGohan

Post by ShinjiGohan »

I know SFEX would have special win poses if certain requirements were met during the match, could it be something like that?
onReload

Post by onReload »

the one about 1/256 is specifically about when she'll say "xie xie" (mandarin for thank you)...it also says something about a boss though. not entirely sure. it'd be easier if i had it in text instead of a scan, but it's hard for me to read the kanjis (or know them...)

the black bomb is the "10 second version" and the red is "6 second version" as the black title bar above them states. i'm not entirely sure what that means, as I'm not very familiar with darkstalkers...
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

I forgot to mention.

The winposes don't apply because I can't control them with the shadow character but of course who doesn't like a little trivia.

The black 10 second bomb is common and the red 6 second bomb is rare. I'm hoping it says something about controlling which one you get.

Thanks so far.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Evidently the paragraph to the left (which is titled Chuukadan) just says that the image of the black one with the broken face is when it explodes...meaning that it's just there to show each sprite of the bombs, it says nothing about how to get the red or black one...could just be another random thing. i did a bunch of searching and only one FAQ (one for the Saturn version) mentioned the red version and he just said "sometimes a 5-second version comes out".

No luck so far...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha i tried translating "No worries" to Japanese, then translated the result back to English and ended up with "Worried uselessness."
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Oh this is really late, but yeah the red bomb with lei-lei is pseudo-random, but there's no way to control it via normal means.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Maj wrote:Haha i tried translating "No worries" to Japanese, then translated the result back to English and ended up with "Worried uselessness."
you can just say daijoubu, that means like "it's all right" or "it's all good" etc. not as casual, 'cause it can also mean "are you all right?" [see: rose's back throw in SF4], but it works just fine.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Anyone know what the banned technique this page is trying to explain is? http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~hitokiri/ze ... p_kinn.htm

It should haven something to do with issen and/or rage and/or meditation but I can't figure it out.

Well basically as far as the game mechanics go: you take damage and fill your rage, you meditate to decrease rage and fill your mu gauge, then when your life goes below the point of mu you activate mu no kyouchi which is like timeslow mode where you can do the issen attack. But yeah I can't figure out what the banned technique is.
onReload

Post by onReload »

[note: when i say power, it's not purely "chikara" being written, it's "iryoku" which means power/authority...so perhaps this is priority in fighting game terms. i'm leaving it as power for now.]

even though you have sufficient mu gauge, the power of revealing (or taking out/turning in) your Issen is low! wtf?

seems like there are people who have said this kind of thing.

at the moment, meditation increases your issen's power, but a fatal bug has been discovered.

[next line has some grammar i didn't study very well...seems like you can do an issen under different circumstances]

those circumstances are:

THE MOMENT YOUR OPPONENT'S RAGE METER HAS DEPLETED
that's up to the red text, the rest is pretty daunting to someone of my j-skill level. this page uses a lot of kanji, some of which might be fighting game terms, but maybe not, so it's easy to get confused. most pages that talk about this stuff use english terms in katakana, and even if they're not the same in english ("blocking" meaning "parrying" etc,) it's easy to spot the move name/technique etc. i guess this is fitting for a game like samurai shodown.

let me know if you need more, i might be able to get more. i just stopped there because the next sentence was fuzzy:
the instant my opponent's rage meter has depleted, the destructive power of my issen is reset for a moment. [then something about the match's status returning to the start? not sure how literal this is or how correct it is. could be very off, which is why i stopped for now.]
and there were many more ahead... also, i'm not sure if the technique is actually banned or if he's just saying "prohibited technique" meaning it's awesome.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Yeah unfortunately I don't know what that's supposed to mean either.

So when the opponent's rage depletes .. you do what .. and that causes what .. and why would it be banned? I assume it causes their Issen damage to be low, because if it makes your own Issen damage low I can't imagine why it'd be banned (banning a self-nerf? lol).
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oookayyy, somebody translate this please: http://www011.upp.so-net.ne.jp/kysg/dab ... 10_03.html

Is this fool (finally) into combos again?
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Haha, dope. Well, speaking of joo, his site went completely down. The last thing I remember seeing was something that he said about you (Maj). I think he was talking about the 'art' of programming combos and how there are a few people who do that still. He referred to you and then "youtube", so I'm guessing he was probably pointing someone to the SF4 videos you've done.

Joo deleted his site. He wouldn't tell me why, but I think I know the reason.
Last edited by Magnetro on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

My friend 'translated' kysg's blog post:

5:58 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: it just basically says he watched all of joo's dvd and it took nearly a month just to watch and that it was amazing and he was amazed so much stuff fit onto one dvd
5:59 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: and that he liked that there were some explanations instead of the scene norm to have no explanations because they are "boring" because the explanations help eliminate ambiguity in the videos
5:59 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: and he is currently watching the scene to see just how much the videos are copied
6:00 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: then he says magnetro "joo's sworn ally" (<- lol) has a ton of joos videos and information on his youtube channel so everyone should go watch that too
about kysg making videos again:

6:05 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: if he gets a good new pc he might want to play around a bit
6:06 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: but for now, he is withdrawing from the combo scene for awhile
6:06 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: and has not decided whether he will return to making videos or not yet
6:06 AM - IDLE Crap {N}: then the bit about the pc
Maj

Post by Maj »

Man, i love how ghetto this guy is. I mean, i also hate it because his website posts are literally impossible for computers to translate. But i still love that he makes us translate a whole bunch of words about his PC situation and his combo-making status then it turns out he's basically saying nothing has changed. Like paraphrasing old news makes it new news.
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

http://a-cho.com/ac/03/20090516.html

What does the 4th place finisher say?
GGPOやりすぎ
onReload

Post by onReload »

"did too much ggpo"
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

So he's saying that he played too much on GGPO and it messed up his offline game?

Google Translate says his name is Oga. Is that right?

Thanks.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yeah he's Oga, played with Vega, and basically all he wrote was "GGPO overkill",...and since he's 4th, yeah I guess he's saying it's a bad thing.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

If it matters to anyone, I know what that SS5sp glitch is now. It's kind of obscure but I can also see why it would be banned.
onReload

Post by onReload »

So it actually is banned? and yeah, i'm interested in what it is. couldn't dig through the rest of that text
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Well I don't know what the rest of the text says, but this is what the glitch does (which I assume is what it's saying):

First, just game info that has nothing to do with the glitch: The rage bar works like it does in all Samurai shodown games, which is like k-groove cvs2 and sf4 ultras. You take damage and that fills your rage bar. But in 5sp if you have some meter, but not max, you can drain the meter with meditation. Draining it raises the bar above your lifebar. I'll call that bar issen bar == that issen bar doesn't actually do anything until you've lost a round, but once you've lost a round and your lifebar goes down to that point you can do a timeslow mode plus issen attack which is an instant long range single hit that does damage relative to how much you've meditated. This is incredibly good for some characters who have a huge rage bar because the they can meditate more and their timeslow mode lasts so much longer and their issen attack does absurd damage.

Now the glitch: If you explode (which is like a burst in GG or a circuit spark in MB, except you can only use it once per match, not per round) and then either your explode time ends or the round ends, the opponent's issen attack does base damage -- it ignores all meditation bonuses.

So for example: If I spend three rounds meditating my rage down to build a ridiculous amount of timeslow+issen, that means I can almost 1hit kill you with an issen attack. If you explode and your explode time ends my issen doesn't do shit for damage.

So I suspect this is banned because you can totally do this intentionally by throwing away your explode on purpose. So not only did your opponent never get to rage, but then you also went and neutralized their efforts too, simply by doing something they can't really prevent you from doing.

[edit]: I might just make a video of it.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

-edit- nevermind.

On this page: http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~hitokiri/ze ... p_nage.htm
( But what I'm specifically looking for, and what we (a couple SS players) think it's describing is some pseudo-random thing where throws will cause the opponent to be "popped" into the air (actually it knocks down), but the grab itself fails. In other words the person throwing extends their grab, and the person being thrown gets "hit" for zero damage and knocked down instead of being put in an actual grab. Unfortunately though we have zero idea what causes this. It does seem truly random and I can't reproduce it with frameadvance. )

If some one wants to take a look at that page then that'd be cool but I'm not even sure if the information I'm looking for is actually listed there, so don't bother if you don't feel like it.