Challenge 15: Focus, Grasshopper!

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 15: Focus, Grasshopper!

Post by Maj »

Perform as many Focus Attacks as you can in a single SF4 combo, while obeying standard super meter limitations. If you use more than four blocks of meter, the combo must be performed with infinite meter disabled so that we can see you rebuilding meter.

I'm not too sure what to expect from this, so let's say four Focus Attacks gets you half a point, five gets you one point, six gets you one and a half points, and seven or more Focus Attacks gets you two points. The maximum is two points, and as always you have to post a significantly different combo than the what has already been used.
desk

Re: Challenge 15: Focus, Grasshopper!

Post by desk »

Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha ghettofabulous. Points officially updated. If you find a way to do combo more Focus Attacks, you can submit another clip later on. Everyone only gets one entry counted, but i'll always take the one with the highest score.
desk

Post by desk »

just out of curiosity, do you already have a combo with 5+ focus'? I can't really think of any other set ups.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh i didn't have anything specific in mind, but i was thinking of Seth's last Hard Trial combo which contains three Focus Attacks and ends in a launcher. So if you add one to the end and find a setup to stick another in the front then you've got five. Can't just jab trade with a lvl3 Focus Attack then follow with a lvl2 Focus Attack?
desk

Post by desk »

Doesn't that one only have 2 by default? You could easily put 1 at the beginning but I wouldn't know where to go from there.

I'm sure there'll be some cool trade set-ups but I haven't spent too much time testing that stuff out yet. I have some combo vid stuff planned but I'm mostly training practical things at the moment. I look forward to other peoples takes on this one.
ZenFire

Post by ZenFire »

Only think I can think of is to put out a slow ass projectile and try to dash ahead of it far enough so you can start with FA3 > FB hits > FA2 > combo into FA2 > combo into FA.
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
Maj

Post by Maj »

Good idea dude. I didn't even think of dizzying Seth back when i came up with this challenge. One more point for you. I'll update the score thread in a couple of days.