Crazy Inspirational Match Videos

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Crazy Inspirational Match Videos

Post by Maj »

Some of the most promising combo ideas are owed to "wtf" moments occurring during match play. If you see something unexpected, share here.

X-Men vs Street Fighter - Evo 2007 - RoTeNdO vs Dogface 3/5

At 1:01, Ryu's super FB trades with Charlie's Sonic Break, but the beam eradicates the five remaining Sonic Booms in one or two frames. Is there an upper limit to the number of objects that the beam can hit at once? Charlie doesn't get hit, interestingly enough, but he was kinda far away. Maybe the beam's hitbox expands horizontally during startup instead of fully appearing instantly.
Maj

Re: Crazy Inspirational Match Videos

Post by Maj »

A minor thing, but i thought it was kinda cool ...

EX Capcom vs. SNK 2 - CAB vs.Desora 8

EXC-Dhalsim does Counter Attack xx lvl2 upflame xx HP Yoga Fire midscreen. Didn't know Alpha Counters were cancelable in EX-Groove.
Maj

Post by Maj »

SRK Battle Fantastic HD Remix Tournament: Finals FrankDux DimMak(Guile) vs damdai(Akuma)

Wtf happens at 1:52? Guile blocks Akuma's HP red FB, dies from chip damage, and then the combo counter displays two hits? Apart from the possibility of lag rewind, the only remaining scenario is the second hit killing Guile and the third hit juggling. But nothing's supposed to juggle in ST after someone dies.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Another minor thing; worth noting if anyone ever wants to make a Rainbow Edition video.

Street Fighter 2 Rainbow - Hisyouusagi(1P)vs.Desora(2P)

At 0:13, Honda whiffs an air Headbutt over Zangief, who punishes it with j.HP xx air Lariat (and scores the lucky dizzy). Not exactly shocking if you've already seen desk's float glitch but i'm sure it'll come in handy as a combo setup, especially useful for those CE Dhalsim juggles.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Someone uploaded a random match vid in which Honda 360 grabs Geese as he performs a reversal lvl3 super while recovering from dizzy:

CvS2 menchi vs kurosu on MAX-GROOVE Pocket Office

No clue how ChairmanX found this file because it's not posted on their front page anywhere. Miraculously, the file is still available on their server even though the website itself seems to be down. In any case, this glitch was covered in T-7's Storm combo video DVD, but i'm sure there's some more stuff waiting to be found surrounding this glitch.

edit: Since the source website isn't active anymore, i reuploaded the match video to my u2b account.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Mikado A2 09/14/08 - 04 - Toki no Tobira (birdie) VS Kitamura (sagat)

Not sure if this is real weirdness or if it only looks weird, but there's a Sagat anti-air CC at 0:19 that works out to be something like s.MP xx whiff Tiger Knee, HP Tiger Uppercut (two hits). Dunno, it just looks odd to have the Tiger Knee completely whiff like that and then see the Tiger Uppercut connect.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Shanghai nogong SF2T tourn - Xiaogui vs Wanghuili

Weird fake crossup setup at 2:30 leads to a whiffed backwards attack. Might be useful, or not.
error1

Post by error1 »

The Shiozawa Cup 5 on 5 Street Fighter IV - Bean vs Iyo

14:48 Sagat throws a lk tiger shot, sim yoga towers it. Sagat then does a kara ex tiger knee hits dhalsim and combos with the tiger shot that had gone off screen.
This was obviously done on purpose but I had never seen it.
Maj

Post by Maj »

SFIII: 3S - Ken (Ryan Hart) vs Yun & Yang (Ultrayox)

Ken parries Yun's burn knuckle at 0:12, then whiffs c.LK under his feet. Meaty setup?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Street Fighter 4: Maximilian(Ken) vs Alex Valle(Gouken) PT3

Check out the dopeness at 5:25, anti-air EX FB into empty demon flip. Sweep juggles are always cool. Ignore the win count over Ken's lifebar. Yeah i don't really want to talk about my heroes losing four games in a row to random online Kens.
fullmetalross

Post by fullmetalross »

That follow up always looks cool for sure! And its the most damaging.
Maj

Post by Maj »

How arbitrary can SF4's juggle setups get?

iPW Casuals - FilipinoChamp (DH) vs Haunts (SA)

Sagat throws an EX low FB through Dhalsim's Yoga Fire and it connects once, then he throws an HK low FB and it juggles. Wtf?
error1

Post by error1 »

yeah Sagats normal fbs are good for one jungle hit. Happens to me sometimes when I do an early antiair lp. tiger uppercut into Tiger knee but a low tiger shot comes out instead.
pretty sure the 1 hit ex to normal thing there will only work full screen or in the corner and you need an opponent trying to out projectile Sagat.
another fun Sagat jungle is anti air tiger shot to F+Hk
error1

Post by error1 »

onReload

Post by onReload »

[JoJo2 match] 3rd Mikado tournament 19/7/2009 (2/3)

The last combo by the Jotaro player, Chihiro, is just out of this fucking world.

Turn off your stand in mid-air to start a combo, OK. Gross links. Activate Tandem and properly program in a few hits to buy you damage and time to cross up Chaka to keep him in place before the supers start. OK... Then do a longer gross-link combo out of the Tandem.

Does over 80% damage and 61 hits. Reaffirms the fact that I am not playing this game remotely correctly.
onReload

Post by onReload »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSl6Vdl7miM#t=12m26s

Spiral DDT in a match.

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaYanncIRb8#t=16m20s

Another Spiral DDT. I think I'm just gonna start a collection. :mrgreen:
Last edited by onReload on Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I wonder if that was an intentional parry-reaction-prebuffer.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
error1

Post by error1 »

that make Spiral DDT more useful then a non ex sbk
onReload

Post by onReload »

ex hazanshu is still probably the most worthless move in that game (HCB+KK with Chun-Li). he at least uses non-ex spinning bird to get out of the corner and subsequently win, even if there was no way he did it on purpose to avoid the stomp (which would beat the SBK cleanly)
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I still wish they'd give Chun her SFA2/3 hazanshu back. Though back then I think it was sen'enshuu. An EX sen'enshuu would be vastly less worthless than an EX hazanshu.

Though in 3S at least, she certainly didn't need it.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:I still wish they'd give Chun her SFA2/3 hazanshu back. Though back then I think it was sen'enshuu. An EX sen'enshuu would be vastly less worthless than an EX hazanshu.

Though in 3S at least, she certainly didn't need it.
Yeah really. Some people use it to open matches, and it's fairly safe, but it's still not important. I hate the sen-enshuu because I don't know its invincibility frames
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

My thing is that ground-based overheads (overheads that don't come off the ground) are way harder to block than overheads that leave the ground, because it's a reflexive instinct to block high when something leaves the ground. So even if the frames are the same, which I doubt they are, sen'enshuu is awesome because she doesn't leave the ground. Of course SF4's hazanshu is technically a better move simply because it's +frames, but I think sen'enshuu is a better overhead.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ2DYqoMJLI

Kuroda Q is just soo good. Watch the match against Yun
error1

Post by error1 »

gdlk
at 5:45 when Yun flys in the wrong direction he manages to some how switch his charge.
Why would anyone ever agree to play him. On the off chance you win, congratulations you just won an 8:2 matchup in your favor, and how can you go on knowing that you lost to Q.
Q does have a really unique game play element, it's a shame he'll never be in another game.
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:gdlk
at 5:45 when Yun flys in the wrong direction he manages to some how switch his charge.
Why would anyone ever agree to play him. On the off chance you win, congratulations you just won an 8:2 matchup in your favor, and how can you go on knowing that you lost to Q.
Q does have a really unique game play element, it's a shame he'll never be in another game.
Wow...You mean 6:45, but wow...I was ready to post "well sf3 has a charge preservation thing bla bla bla" but he would have to be ready for that to happen, and probably *was*, as that situation let him corner Yun. Pretty goddamn amazing.
error1

Post by error1 »

this ken vs blanka reminds me of that famous e. honda mirror. Let's just say this is the most time overs I've seen from a ken player.
http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta/str ... damdai-ken
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:this ken vs blanka reminds me of that famous e. honda mirror. Let's just say this is the most time overs I've seen from a ken player.
http://www.frame-advantage.com/beta/str ... damdai-ken
You ever see the Guile mirror that had a ridiculous title like "Sonic Boom! Sonic Boom! S-Sonic Boom Boom!" and it was pretty much that for the whole round until one of them messed up? Really funny stuff.
error1

Post by error1 »

I've seen that type of guile mirror idk if it was the same one. Sagat mirrors are similar but with low high mixup they actually get hit. I love those matches but it normally only seems to happen in mirror. Might be an idea for a sonichurricane article, "what makes a lame match?"
onReload

Post by onReload »

error1 wrote:I've seen that type of guile mirror idk if it was the same one. Sagat mirrors are similar but with low high mixup they actually get hit. I love those matches but it normally only seems to happen in mirror. Might be an idea for a sonichurricane article, "what makes a lame match?"
I found the Guile one hilarious just because after the guy got hit, the other Guile didn't capitalize so they went back to trading sonic booms, so when the last 7 seconds arrived, the weaker Guile player had no other choice but to jump in and get flash kicked.
Dark_Chaotix

Post by Dark_Chaotix »

The end of this match is just TOO good. Well in kof anyways....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooDx2BZ-cJg

That HSDM is unblockable but he uses a bypass to initiate and connect with it. So random....