Challenge 12: The Shadow Knows

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 12: The Shadow Knows

Post by Maj »

Perform an SFA3 Variable Combo using at least 90% meter, where only shadows hit the opponent. In other words, the V-Ism meter counter on the last hit frame of the combo must be 90% less than the value on the first hit frame. Additionally, the combo must remain midscreen for at least 45% of the V-Ism meter duration.

Valid entries are worth two points. One accepted entry per person. Once an entry has been accepted, the performing character becomes ineligible for subsequent submissions.
Dammit

Re: Challenge 12: The Shadow Knows

Post by Dammit »

So here is my first SFA3 thing. I think I barely met all the requirements. Memory addresses for state (neutral/non neutral etc) seem to be FF8406 and FF8806 for player 1 and 2 but I had him mashing PPP just to be sure.
http://www.mediafire.com/?yocmcjtzmjy

95%/45% is harsh: is it possible for everyone?
Raine

Post by Raine »

Nice!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Awesome! Two points for you sir. I'll add them to your score near the end of the week. Thanks for reviving this challenge; i was looking forward to it (before i forgot about it).
Dammit wrote:95%/45% is harsh: is it possible for everyone?
Haha i don't know. I never even tested this one. Just one of those "it's Alpha 3, there's gotta be a way" things. Kinda how i could issue an XSF challenge like "obtain an XSF arcade board and perform a combo that physically turns it into solid gold" without a shadow of a doubt that it would be possible.
Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

Dammit wrote:I had him mashing PPP just to be sure.
Air recovery is just PP. The neutral one doesn't work close to the ground, so this is not a reliable method.

Use an opponent in classic-ism. They can't be juggled after a neutral state.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Thanks. Here have a present:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zgjzzjzu302
Maj

Post by Maj »

That one's awesome too! So stylish. I must have watched it 10 times and i'm not even a Karin fan (though she's cool when she's beating up Sakura).