Hey, Aren't You that One Guy from that Movie?

video previews, releases, and feedback
Maj

Hey, Aren't You that One Guy from that Movie?

Post by Maj »

This thread is for embarrassing people by bringing up tribute videos, appreciation threads, dedications, and other miscellaneous namedroppage.

Tribute to NKI and MikeZ by Aldrahan

OMG i know these guys! I bet they're not even gonna wanna talk to me now that they're famous celebrities.
Mike Z

Re: Hey, Aren't You that One Guy from that Movie?

Post by Mike Z »

Haha, we're from 'back in the day'. I used to think Valle and Choi were from then.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha, congratulations.

In other news, check out who's the toppest top player in Europe:

Street Fighter 4 FINALS Europe - Desk v Yousef

Dang, no wonder desk doesn't post much anymore.

(Funniest thing about watching tournament match videos is that you can always tell by the video length how many matches there are going to be. In this case, the winner of the third round was clearly going to be the winner of the whole thing. Suspense!)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Even though this has been mentioned here elsewhere, it's too big a deal not to bring it up here too:

Evolution 2008 DVD Trailer by jchensor

Not one, but two sh/f people featured in this trailer: ChoiBoy (winning two tournaments ohmagodunbalevabo!) and Buktooth (too camera-shy to appear in front of his own Morrigan beatdown). Nicely done sirs.

Regarding what i said earlier about match vid timers totally displacing the most suspenseful part of a match - it's funny how ST is so different cuz the matches can end so quickly. If someone i'm rooting for is down one round in the final match with 45 seconds left in the video, then the whole suspense is "Kill him fast so you have enough time for a third round!" Otherwise if that second round lasts for another 30 seconds, then the inevitability of his loss looms ever more ominously!

In other words i know he's not gonna win the second round as soon as there isn't enough time left in the video to fit a third round, but it still comes down to the wire. Comparing ST matches with CvS2 matches, there's simply no conceivable way that anyone is winning a CvS2 tournament match in under two whole minutes. The results of CvS2 match videos usually get "decided" well over a minute before the video ends.

(There is an observation to be made here about how fate's relationship with the irreversible past is different from its relationship with the undetermined future. But it's eluding me at the moment so i'll wait for it to come to me later.)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Over the past couple of months, MrWhitefolks has been posting custom edited screenshots made by importing 3D game models into HL2's Garry's Mod. It lets you pose them however you want and take a screenshot, which he's been editing further in photoshop. Anyway he's got some dope stuff in there and i guess Kotaku picked up the story, totally rocking his bandwidth in the process. Congratulations dude!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Check out who's listed at 3:56 in the Street Fighter IV ending credits under "European Stage Guests" ... Nicholas "NKI" Inabnit.

Whatever that means, it. is. awesome!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Okay this is too cool not to post. Some guy edited a (quote) Evolution 2008 DVD Trailer DELETED SCENE (unquote) in the same style as jchensor's video above and only got two and a half stars for his efforts. I'ma go give him five stars.
Maj

Post by Maj »

I just want everyone to know that youtube user rdn404 thinks my Makoto combos are Daigoesque:

Makoto 2 hit kill
youtube description wrote:I can´t remember who perfomed his combo,
i think is daigo... i really cant remember.
The full version is called ode to 2 hit combo, and have a .txt full of info when is released.
If i find it i'll fix this
Maj

Post by Maj »

Looks like desk's STHDR Beta combovid got jacked by the guy who made those HDR newness overview vids. It's got more views than the original too - 14k vs 10k.

Dude are you gonna stand by and let this happen? I think you should race him ... sideways!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Xenozip: I think you might have a new fan.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

I prefer to pretend no one reads it so I can write random nonsense at random intervals and not feel guilty. :V
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Maj

Post by Maj »

error1 and Battousai, how do you guys feel about this?

magnetic shockwave challenge responses.mp4

The link was actually emailed to me by his friend, i think. Or maybe he's talking in third person? I don't know, i can't tell.
fantasystar meant no disrespect from this vid. if you have comments or complaints go
to shoryuken.com in the video gallery section thats where I am or pm me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dz3L3UbUlu4
They did make an SRK thread and they do seem genuninely concerned about offending people so ... i don't know.
error1

Post by error1 »

I don't mind, except I don't go by error00001
Maj

Post by Maj »

Whats On Your Mind, Smileymike101? on SRK front page

I didn't know you played guitar. Also nice job hiding the camera. Good aim.

edit: I like how i have 11/14 posts in this thread. Seventy-eight.point.fifty-seven percent! Didn't know you guys were that shy.
error1

Post by error1 »

man, must be nice to have people care whats on your mind
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

I have a stupid grim on my face in that picture, but OH WELL.Guess it's not that important.I like the "when i see teenagers do combo vids now, i feel old" type of comments :lol:.
Last edited by Smileymike101 on Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raine

Post by Raine »

Smileymike101 wrote:I like the "when i see teenagers do combo vids now, i fell old" type of comments :lol:.
Yeah I had a bit of a laugh when I read that... :mrgreen:
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

Maj

Post by Maj »

That's pretty funny. What is that, like, fifteen months late? Anyway should be interesting to see how many views a kotaku mention is worth.
CPS2

Post by CPS2 »

When I checked it was ~30,000 (if they click on the article you'd think they'd click on the video). But yeah we always call them slowtaku :P
Maj

Post by Maj »

Whoa it's up to 209,288 views now. Does that mean kotaku mentions are worth 100k views? Or does it set off some kind of mainstream chain reaction?
error1

Post by error1 »

I find it hard to belve kotaku is good for more the 20k hits but lets hope they can bring in more because they also posted the evo videos
What I think is funny is the fb battle has 64k and the style has 37k
I figure it's ether because the fb battle was posted first on srk and eventhubs and you had to click read more to see the other one or that more people were on the stream before ssf4 finals
I think it's the first case tho.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Oh really, they posted our new ones? Man i can't navigate kotaku at all. That website always looks like someone threw their entire video game collection on the floor and took a photo.

Anyway the discrepancy between SFB and style isn't surprising. First of all, SFB has a much stronger concept that comes through instantly. In fact i saw some people posting complaints that style didn't have a theme. I have to admit it's kinda hard to tell what that video's about unless you think about it.

Second, i get the feeling that people "on the outside" don't like combo videos much. They can't even tell the good ones apart from the bad ones, right? So they probably wouldn't want to risk highlighting a bad one and getting flak over it. Hell, even when Evo Ryu was making the rounds, it was clear that it was strictly for the transitions and not the combos. SFB has that same novelty factor.

Third, SFB got shown first and it's still more recent on my u2b channel, so it's like the best of both worlds. Same is true on all the sites where they're being embedded, like you said.

Fourth, SFB has badass kaleidoscope effects. You can't beat that because it's unbeatable.

40k in four days is still a strong result for a combo video though.
error1

Post by error1 »

yah 40k is really good, but you can't beat a thousand people watching it in a room together
I think we did a really good job of not being too technical with the style combos. But it's not a video people have seen before
kotaku gave style top billing
http://kotaku.com/5586456/its-fighting- ... mpilations
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thanks for the link. Hm, should i send them a thank you note? Couldn't hurt, right?
Smileymike101

Post by Smileymike101 »

We must get Darksydephil or ShaneDawnson to support us!
Maj

Post by Maj »

Guess who just got tributed!

Street Fighter Alpha / Zero 3 Tribute (Combo Video) by Garuda

"Combo's by: leandroff5sfz3 & others (Check video description)"

Aaand video descriptions says ... "Credits: leandroff5sfz3, ITGM, Xenozip, DARK"

Nice.
error1

Post by error1 »

I give up, who?
Maj

Post by Maj »

Maj wrote:Aaand video descriptions says ... "Credits: leandroff5sfz3, ITGM, Xenozip, DARK"
...............................................................................^^^
...............................................................................|||
...........................................................................dis guy here

... hella forum graphics. don't hate.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Weird.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.