Majestic Screenshot Gallery

video previews, releases, and feedback
onReload

Re: Majestic Screenshot Gallery

Post by onReload »

Wow, what an honor.

Where's the sarcasm button?

Well, at least they linked to the thread without using all of the images, unlike when they mention that SONICHURRICANE.com has a new encode of the Ryu SF? Exhibition, but they leave most visitors with 0 reason to visit the site.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

See this is why I hang out in a tiny little corner.
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Don Vecta

Post by Don Vecta »

error1 wrote:It looks like eventhubs independently came up with a similar idea.
http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2009/dec/ ... ter-games/
Well, they gave Maj credit for the idea, no? I mean, in the first paragraph.
error1

Post by error1 »

I was just trolling maj I know he dislikes eventhubs because they make more off his videos then he does.
Maj

Post by Maj »

It's not the fact that they copy/paste any one thing that bothers me. It's that they do nothing else. But that's a discussion for another thread, so let's not get into it here please.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

I was thinking about the upcoming Darkstalkers screenshots. These games are just full of possibilities, and I haven't even touched on the normal animations:
  • Talbain hcf+KK vs Rikuo's hcf+PP
    Pyron's cosmo vs Sasquatch ice beam or LeiLei tenraiha
    Demitri's demon EX vs. Donovan's demon EX
    Donovan's stomp EX vs. a taunting Felicia
    B.B.Hood hcf+PP vs a hcf+KKing Felicia
    LeiLei ground swords vs. Sasquatch ES ice towers
    Qbee honey ball vs Rikuo water ball
    Rikuo water column vs. Pyron fire column
    Jedah ES wheel vs Rapter chainsaw or LeiLei wheel
    B.B.Hood bottle fire vs Phobos anti air laser
    Victor sticking his ass out for a Qbee jaguar kick
    Demitri approaching a GCing B.B.Hood with a rose
    Lilith food taunt while Sasquatch eats a banana
    Anakaris menacing a cursed opponent with gulp or PPP taunt
    Anakaris cobra hands vs. Victor giga stake, double crossup
    Two burnt opponents
    VH Morrigan duplicate glitch (setup shown at the end of this)
    (don't forget LeiLei's bomb)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Wow, thanks. I'll definitely look into these. I'm glad that guy picked Darkstalkers cuz i'd been meaning to check out the game/series, and this gives me a way to do it without having to put website updates on hold. Capcom put some absolutely amazing animation talent into these games and i've always wanted to take a closer look.
onReload

Post by onReload »

aaand here's some more. was bored with a friend in training mode, so I apologize for the bland background. i've always enjoyed noticing the few frames of dhalsim's normal animations where his limb just goes nuts. i couldn't quite capture the essence of s.MK, where his leg almost makes a damn "U".

Stop That!
Yeah, so I used this taunt a million times already...anyway, I believe that Yoga Breath can only hit airborne opponents, even if their hitbox is right in the damn fire (like it is here), so of course I had to do this.

Trophy #298
EX Yoga Breath canceling itself out (with a strange sound). Dhalsim's fire moves are really, really fun to experiment with. I could do an entire video/photo exhibition of stupid quirky shit you can do with Dhalsim mirrors.

Anything You Can Do, etc.
Self-explanatory. (PA 2 vs. PA 3).

"S" is for "'Sim!"
Hurf I don't remember if this is s.MK or s.LK. Gonna say LK.

Great Dancing
More standing kicks.

Fire Charms a Foot
Was trying to use superfreeze to slow down the animation and see the leg twists completely.

Where Did Everbody Go?
You can figure out who they are pretty easily, 'cause this wasn't perfectly timed. It's cr.HK, by the way.

...and for no good reason:

Bored in CVS2
So I don't play CVS2 against many people, and out of boredom while a friend played League of Legends, I was using Gief (MechGief) in A-Groove and found that mashing Quick Lariat would let me juggle forever. (Meter was at infinite, obviously.) So I decided to just kind of hold forward and almost mash KKK for awhile. The damage maxed out on that number, 32767. Infinite A-Groove is ridiculous. Dan and Athena can take people way off the screen and stuff, I had no idea...also came up with other characters' bootleg combos for myself to use if I ever end up randomly selecting A-Groove.

Hope you guys enjoyed. As you can see, I like to expand on an idea, so if a bigger project gets going, I'll be staying busy (and not just with Dhallimbs)
Maj

Post by Maj »

Anything You Can Do and Great Dancing are really good. Fire Charms a Foot is great too but it needs the caption to work.

Hey is there a way to do Raptor's dunk without incapacitating the opponent? Like a glitch or something that lets them out of the basket transformation?
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Well there's this Jedah glitch compounded by basket weirdness but it's not really what you want:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE9ROE2LC20#t=6m48s

If you leave a time bomb out, the timer stops completely during the basket animation. I think that's pretty good evidence that it can't be interrupted.

Before I forget, I found that VS2/VH2 dark force upgrades one EX for each character, and some might look good in shots. You can time the EX so it activates after the ugly background disappears.

Demitri: CFJ-style 263KK
Morrigan: false images in 63214K
Qbee: better honey ball trajectory
Lei Lei: two bombs
Lilith: 623KK goes higher
Rikuo: two water columns
Pyron: insta-charge cosmo
Donovan: two stomps

The rest are non interactive.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Sorry that i didn't get to use most of those ideas. I really liked a lot of them but between trying to show my favorite stages and trying to use characters i like, one screenshot per game really isn't much. Using Morrigan seemed like a waste since she's already in MvC1, and Felicia's kind of everywhere too. Rikuo's kinda goofy but i would've used the double water column except they seem to flicker out of phase so you can't get both in the same screenshot. Anyway, i did take a couple of elemental damage screenshots.

Image ~~~ Image

The first NW Demitri's LP air Chaos Flare burning an air dashing Hsien-Ko as he lands on his own LP Chaos Flare reflected by Hsien-Ko's LP Reflect Gong. Each of Demitri's palette options has a different fireball color which causes a matching flame animation, but Hsien-Ko's reflect reverts the damage animation to the default orange flame. The second is NW Raptor's ES Death Voltage trading with Huitzil's PPP ES Plasma Beam. Frozen state is standard for all characters and i think Huitzil has the best shocked animation in the series. I like Raptor's DS background color scheme better than the NW version, but unfortunately Huitzil's not selectable in DS so it had to be NW. I might post these on the front page at some point but not till after the next game series, whatever it may be.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

That Hsienko one is cool. It looks like a complicated setup. And Huitzil is spay-shul. It's like when Q gets zapped.

I thought this one's nice because you never see Anakaris's ES anti-pursuit move. In VSav2, Jadah can cut his head off at will without a GC, which kind of takes the fun out of it.

Did you know about Donovan's other lightning sword?
Dude needs to put some pants on.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Whoa, those are awesome. It's surprising how good the stomp looks as a still, cuz i figured it would look ghetto so i didn't even bother. How do you do the alternate lightning? For some reason that chick looks familiar but i've never done that more before. Deja vu, maybe i saw it in a match vid a long time ago or something.

No clue what Anakaris is doing either, but that's a dope screenshot. Though i hate the way that column looks. Some of Capcom's flickering semi-transparency stuff works quite well in still shots, but some of it absolutely doesn't work without the animated cross between on and off. I mean i think that one actually looks great animated in the game but the frozen sprite looks like an ugly gradient block covering up the background.

Man, there are so many moves in this series! It's like at every meeting for every sequel, they asked the lead whether they should give Morrigan some extra animation frames on her normal attacks from DS, and the dude was like "No! Bring me new moves! New moves for everybody!" So they all went back to their desks and drew unique character-specific dizzy animations for Hsien-Ko's heavy object throws, new elemental transformations for Anakaris' curses, new supers for everyone every game. Pretty cool approach.

The Hsien-Ko setup did get kinda complicated since i was trying to get them as low to the ground as possible so the top of the flame wouldn't get cut off. It didn't even work with Pyron cuz his ground fireball only has one speed and he takes forever to recover.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

The lightning girl is qcb+k to plant sword, then qcb+p. It wasn't given to him until after NW, maybe that's why it's unfamiliar. (And the AI has no clue how to deal with it, which is funny.)
noodalls

Post by noodalls »

Had a go at making some screenshots, the gallery is here.

http://img196.imageshack.us/g/tekken63.png/

http://img196.imageshack.us/i/tekken63.png/

This is the one I'm most happy with. Any chance of a guest screenshot appearance? Say no if you don't think it makes the grade, no problem.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha these are awesome. I really like Mishimas, Kings, and double Jacks.

I'm totally down to post all of these on ComboVid in one big entry. Um, i guess like Monday would be a good time for them, because it's right inbetween my Thursday screenshots. I have to stick with SFA2 for those because that's what the last guy requested.

Should i just embed them directly? They're a little too wide but they'll fit if i can display them as 480x270. And i can use the HTML code that imageshack provides so that clicking on them links back to the originals.

Oh and what's that copyright stamp on the right side of each one?
noodalls

Post by noodalls »

http://www.mediafire.com/?xep87lzfnnxzk4t

These are the original images, should be at 720P. Happy for them to be shown in any size, whatever you deem best.

I believe the copywright comes when you take a screenshot using the ingame screenshot function.
onReload

Post by onReload »

playin' with frame advance. either cool enough? upscaled by fullscreening/prntscrn so...yeah not native at all
Maj

Post by Maj »

noodalls wrote:These are the original images, should be at 720P. Happy for them to be shown in any size, whatever you deem best.
Sweet! In that case maybe it would be best to put them on the flickr account i set up for ComboVid. I'll put up all 7 images you selected and they should at least show up as 1024 x whatever.

If you want, i can also include the link to that complete archive. I'm a little hesitant to link to mediafire because i keep getting virus attack warnings when i go there, but i guess i can just include a quick warning and leave it up to them to make sure their antivirus software is up to date.

onReload wrote:playin' with frame advance. either cool enough? upscaled by fullscreening/prntscrn so...yeah not native at all
Both of those are dope, but yeah - native resolution would be better. Just push F12 dude! Anyway just put together like 5-7 of 'em (preferably from one game or at least one series) and i'll post them ... uh ... not weekly, but maybe biweekly? So let's say, the 27th?
onReload

Post by onReload »

Jus' throwin' stuff in there, I'll see what else I have lyin' around. F12 is a MAME command? I use cps3emulator (yeah that seems to be the name) 'cause it's less of a headache/memory eater, but it's probably not as up to date as MAME, and MAME can give me macros...
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha nice, fourgief gets a demonic imitator. I guess i can post these on October 11th, unless onReload doesn't get his done by the 27th.
Maj

Post by Maj »

noodalls: I posted your screenshots here: http://combovid.com/?p=933

Let me know if everything's okay or if anything needs changing.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Here's an awesome question: is there a frame advance key in standard MAME? Can't seem to find it, using a gui
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

No, but you could dump a video and get your frame that way.
mzk

Post by mzk »

There is, but it's somewhat hidden: first press P to pause and then press Shift+P to advance one frame.
"playing ST like it's a Streets of Rage game"
onReload

Post by onReload »

Ahhh, thanks. Yeah I don't know why they didn't list that; is it in the config file or something?

Also, here's some ideas I captured by using CPS3Emulator, PrntScrn, and a lot of inefficient MSPaint cropping:

Buttermaker

Post by Buttermaker »

docsconfig.txt
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hey so the 27th is tomorrow. What's the plan? I like those concepts, but the top two aren't even the same height. You gotta figure out the F12 thing dude. No ghetto screencaps plzkthx.
onReload

Post by onReload »

Yes, 'twas just a preview, after I delicately cut around the emulator in MSpaint, I realized I moved one of them up a pixel or two too far. How many were you looking for?