Challenge 07: Patriotic Bioluminescence

what... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Maj

Challenge 07: Patriotic Bioluminescence

Post by Maj »

In any of the following games, perform a combo containing parries inbetween hits: 3S, CvS2, CFJ, or HSFA. You get one point per each blue parry or two points for a red parry. The maximum that any person can earn is three points, and it has to be done within one combo. You can submit multiple clips, but only the one with the highest total point value will count.
fullmetalross

Re: Challenge 07: Patriotic Bioluminescence

Post by fullmetalross »

I don't know if this counts as multiple parries.... But it was like the first thing that came to mind. It is at least 1.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S8EB8Lsp_E

Also This works with kyosuke as well in the same exact way, I just didn't record it cause it was like pretty monotonous.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Hah, that's awesome. Nicely done, sir. I'm inclined to count it as one though, cuz you only pressed forward once and Yun auto-parried the rest right?

On second thought let's count it as one and a half, cuz that deserves at least as much credit as a red parry.
Magnetro

Post by Magnetro »

Here's my entry. Sorry for the big file size.

http://zachd.com/magnetro/3sisagoodgame_x264.avi
Last edited by Magnetro on Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Maj

Post by Maj »

Haha, man that is ghetto. No way you're getting full marks for that. I'll give you one point since that was a lot of parries and since you actually went through the trouble of capturing it. Looks like i'm gonna have to revise the rules a little bit, cuz that workaround can be done in CvS2 and HSFA as well.

Even with non-dizzy combos, the same exact thing could be done against Oro using some bootleg multi-hit slow fireball like Ryu's Denjin. Therefore the combo will have to consist of two or more distinct attacks connecting before and after the parries.