Animated Hitbox Data!

talk about how great training mode is
Dammit

Re: Animated Hitbox Data!

Post by Dammit »

It's possible to record AVI and encode a high quality lossy video without that effect. (sample)
So I blame youtube's software.
Buttermaker wrote:Dammit: Thanks. It still says "print("October 14, 2010")". That's why I didn't download it.
Sometimes I forget that. The best way to stay up to date is to subscribe to the googlecode page feed.

I have a partial Marvel article, still needs more ideas if anyone's got any.
Maj

Post by Maj »

There's no way it's a u2b problem. The only thing u2b does is make it more noticeable, because it'll take a one frame issue and double or triple the amount of time it's displayed on the screen. But i recorded an AVI in FBArr just doing random MSF Chun Li specials and every white flash was broken.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Umm, does it matter that the game itself was running in slow-motion in the first place? I mean, it wasn't running at 60fps to begin with. But since I don't know how it's supposed to look as apposed to how it looks now, it won't do any good for me to go check myself.

Also, emulators break the sprites into layers, including background. It could be that the flash effect is applied to some layers at different times than others. And, the way the arcade board handles it may be different (but I'm just throwing theory out there, I have no idea).
Looks like Jolly Ranchers & Baskin's Sherbet.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

I see, it depends on the emu then.
The clip was recorded from mame-rr, but fba produces frames like this one:

Maj

Post by Maj »

Damn, wish i'd known that ahead of time. I would've backed MAME-rr instead of FBA-rr all this time. Ah well, i hope it gets fixed soon.
felineki

Post by felineki »

I had noticed that the pushboxes weren't showing up in the Japanese MSHvSF ROM (gotta have Norimaro :lol: ), I see you've addressed this now.
felineki

Post by felineki »

So, I'm still working on documenting Vampire Savior stuff, I was studying the screen coordinate values and I noticed that going by what the numbers seem to imply, the Y axis offset of the script might have been off by a couple pixels. I think the -17 default offset might be more accurate as -15.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

So you want the boxes moved two pixels higher? Of course this won't affect their position relative to the other char's boxes, only relative to the sprites.

What were the numbers you saw? If this is right it could affect every other game covered, cept Slam Masters.
felineki

Post by felineki »

Yeah, it's purely about the whole box display layer as relative to the game screen, the boxes themselves seem to be perfect. Anyway, it seems that in the camera's standard position, the lowermost row of pixels on the screen is equivalent to Y position 0x10:
This is SF2'T running its own internal hitbox and axis display. It's a little hard to see, but there's a Hadouken that has had its X Position set to 0x100 and its Y position set to 0x10, setting its axis squarely in the lower-left corner of the screen. A character's standing Y position tends to be 0x28, meaning their axis should be on the 24th row of pixels (counting the bottom row as 0). That's 2 pixels higher than the script had been displaying.
Playing around with the Scroll Viewer seems also seems to support this. The "POS X" and "POS Y" in the right-hand column refer to the coordinates being pointed to by the red arrow, which can be controlled by the P2 joystick. When pointing to the lowest row of pixels on the screen, it displays a Y value of 0010. The 24th row of pixels (again counting the bottom as 0) displays a value of 0028, a standing character's Y position.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

OK, committed.
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Just dropping by to mention the following:

Months ago (June?) I started uploading hitbox videos for most of the BlazBlue cast. Then, ArcSys Works apparently filed a copyright claim with youtube and those videos were removed from my account (and the account of some one else who also posted a few other character hitbox videos). Resulting in two copyright infringement violations. Apparently, though it was the same claim, it was treated as two separate strikes, one for Feb. 10th and one for Feb 11th.

Now, the ability to upload videos greater than 15 minutes, and the ability to make videos Unlisted, have both been disabled on my account despite being previously enabled. It was also noted that a third violation would result in the immediate close of my account.

Another universal change youtube made was that you must now have a google account in order to sign in to a youtube account. Therefor switching accounts becomes a hassle because you must also be logged in to the corresponding google account (this applies to everyone, not just me).

Videos greater than 15 minutes doesn't really effect me, my account being potentially closed doesn't really bother me, and unlisted videos shouldn't bug me because switching accounts is inconvenient but not impossible. So in general I'm unconcerned about this, but thought I should drop an FYI
Maj

Post by Maj »

Thanks for the heads-up. Hopefully they'll lift those restrictions sooner than later. Those strikes fade away eventually, right? Or are they permanent?
Doopliss

Post by Doopliss »

Personally, I use Firefox as my default browser, then I use Chrome for my sfivtrialguide account on YT.
Maybe Doopliss isn't kicking ass, but he's taking names.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaDoppen
onReload

Post by onReload »

Xenozip. wrote:Apparently, though it was the same claim, it was treated as two separate strikes, one for Feb. 10th and one for Feb 11th.
Thanks for the info, it's...kind of surprising that they would do that, I guess. Maybe we just haven't seen anyone mention this type of incident yet. I think you should ask YouTube support about it being brought down to one strike, in case they try to retroactively make another strike, or another company blindsides you for copyright infringement claims. This is, of course, only if you have something to lose once you hit 3 strikes; if you have all your videos backed up and can reach your subscribers another way, then it doesn't matter if you get shut down and open up "Zenoxip" or "Zip Oxen" accounts with safer videos.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

That sucks. Total dick move by both arcsys and u2be.
error1

Post by error1 »

I can see there point tho, they think of it along the same lines as posting game code on the internet, I wonder why they don't go after frame data the same way
Xenozip.

Post by Xenozip. »

Thank you for the KoF 2002 hitbox script. Apparently I don't have the right romset but I'll find it. Hype for those Mai hitboxes I understand (and not the crosshairs from the dipswitches that I don't).

---

Regarding the above: Nah, it's happened to other people before. Capcom claimed copyright on the leaked hitbox videos for SSF4. A a lot of accounts got IMMEDIATELY closed because they posted multiple hitbox videos for it that were all the same copy of the videos. They all got three or more strikes, which was auto-account-close. People actually made new accounts and warned me via PM because I had a Rose hitbox video on my account. But my account didn't get hit for that because I didn't copy-paste the ssf4 videos that were circulating, I took the screenshots that were extracted from the original video and then made my own video based on the screenshots, so the imprint didn't match (so youtube didn't auto-flag it). If youtube or capcom staff had manually noticed it then it would have gotten hit. You won't find full versions of those on youtube now, just short clips or edited videos.

But it doesn't even matter if Capcom or Arcsys was planning on making and selling a mook or not. They claimed that people were copying their data, which was certainly true. No point arguing because arguing and losing that argument (inevitably) means account closure and possible legal fees/damages.

However, the REAL reason I won't argue is because I already have another account with those privileges that I now actively use. The only thing this actually does to me personally is make me neglect my gaming account in favor of my personal account, whereas previously I had both personal and gaming vids on my main gaming-xenozip account so I could keep track of both. Now I'll only keep track of comments/PMs/subscriptions when I log on to xenozip -- which will only be when I feel like posting a gaming vid.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

I had no idea hitboxes were such serious business. Not that anyone would take it that far but I don't expect a suit like that would stand up in court, unless it was the company's own footage or printed images.

BTW, if your parent rom doesn't match, try the clones.

http://dammit.typepad.com/blog/2011/03/ ... boxes.html

More games coming soon...
Raine

Post by Raine »

Ahh thank you so much for creating the KoF hitbox script. It's now so much easier to see what's going on without squinting to see the crappy default boxes. I noticed you asked for a list of moves in 2k2 that have autoguard frames so I'll try and list them here.

Kyo
- qcf+A
Daimon
- hcfx2+K
Ryo
- f+B, df+B, f,b,f+P
Takuma
- qcb+P
- qcf+C
Ralf
- hcb+D
- qcfx2+P
Kensou
- qcf+K
Chin
- dp+C
May Lee
- f+A (Hero mode)
- qcf+C (Hero mode)
Chang
- b~f+P
- qcfx2+C
Yashiro
- dp+P
Orochi Yashiro
- HSDM
Seth
- s.CD
Kusanagi
- dp+P
Maxima
- far s.C, s.C, c.C, s.D, s.CD
- qcf,hcb+P

I think that's all of them.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Thanks, got it figured out now:
http://dammit.typepad.com/blog/2011/03/ ... boxes.html

Do they appear in the other games?

By the way, standing offer: if anyone wants to use the scripts to do combovid pieces (like SF2, etc) be my guest. There's no point for me to spend weeks learning new systems if there are already experts here.
error1

Post by error1 »

I think they where first in kof96, ryo, and kyo both got new moves that had them. Did kof 95 have any counter moves? those probably have autoguard
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

I'm not sure where to put this, as it's not technically Animated Hitbox Data, but I'm using the scripts so...

I've been working on a little website that shows framedata and hitboxdata in the first place for games I give a crap about (Currently, Alpha2 & KOF2002) It's made with tiddly wiki. I'm pretty sure you can't edit it if you don't have a login to my webserver, but don't go try it please. (though I have a backup on my harddrive)

http://members.home.nl/marijnvanputten/tiddly.html

I figured sf/h would be interested in this, even though its still in its early stages.

I'm starting off with data for the Normals, that's generally more useful, and it's quicker.

If anyone is willing to help me out and speed things up somewhat, feel free to leave a message here or PM me or something, I'll give some guidelines on how to extract the hitboxes in the same format I'm showing them.
Last edited by phoenix on Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

How are you planning on dealing with the background layer? Kawaks and FBA can remove most of it, for CPS2 at least.

(I'm thinking there might be a way to do it with the cheat engine. Don't know if it's been tried, probably would be hard.)
felineki

Post by felineki »

I managed to get the background disabled through cheats in MSHvSF and Vampire Savior, so it's possible. The harder part is "background sprites" (animated people and such in the backdrop), those are a pain to deal with.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Cool. How'd you do it?
felineki

Post by felineki »

A combination of trial-and-error and consultation of the MAME CPS video driver documentation. In MSHvSF, setting FF4C50-FF4C55 to all zeroes will disable all scroll layers. FF8030-FF8035 for Vampire Savior. I don't know how to change the plain color behind them (if it's even possible without dedicated emulator features as in Kawaks), it will be pure black by default.
Dammit

Post by Dammit »

Nice. It's necessary in MSF but you sure you need to hit six bytes in vsav? The last two bytes only seem to freeze the sprite palette.

Let me know if you do any more work on this.
felineki

Post by felineki »

Going back and checking again, it looks like only byte 0xFF8083 is necessary in VS. It seems to run on a bit-per-layer flag system: Bit 1 = Scroll 1, Bit 2 = Scroll 2, Bit 3 = Scroll 3. So 0x0E will have all 3 displayed, 0x00 will turn all of them off.

While we're on the subject, the "background sprites" I mentioned earlier have memory slots starting at 0xFFC800 in VS. Each is 0x80 bytes long, and the first byte is a presence/activity flag. Setting it to 0x00 will make the sprite disappear. Don't know how many slots there are total. I don't know much about the ones in MSHvSF, I didn't have much luck with them.
phoenix

Post by phoenix »

Dammit wrote:How are you planning on dealing with the background layer? Kawaks and FBA can remove most of it, for CPS2 at least.

(I'm thinking there might be a way to do it with the cheat engine. Don't know if it's been tried, probably would be hard.)
Well, in Alpha2 you can can turn off the BG with the shot factory, KOF2k2 I'm doing it manually. It's not as hard as it seems, as all characters have 16 colors in their pallet, it's just a matter of using a magic wand to select all of those 16 colors. Sometimes some of these colors also show up in the background, but generally not.
Raine

Post by Raine »

phoenix: Do you have a link to where I can have a look at your project or is it still offline?

Damnit: Not sure if this is working as intended or not (it's possible it's part of how the throw mechanics of the game work) but in kof2002 hitbox viewer, it is drawing the throw box for DM grabs even when you don't have the meter for it. e.g. Vice does hcbx2+K with no meter and it will still display her throwbox. I'll probably be playing around with the hitbox viewer some more so if I come across anything else I'll let you know. Thanks again for making this available for Neo Geo games, it really is an amazingly useful resource.

http://www.mediafire.com/?batfs4zvhq10gv1

Here is a "zero damage" clip I decided to make with Vice after looking at her hitboxes (I made a similar clip in 98 with Leona). Just through gameplay with her I'd notice a lot of her close attacks would whiff or cause other attacks to whiff in strange situations. I didn't really realise the extent of her whacky hitboxes until I started messing around with the hitbox viewer haha.

Transcript for my own reference (and if anyone is curious as to what is happening):
Taunt, run, s.B x 2, s.D xx f+A, s.CD xx hcf+B (no longer at point blank range after this, it places the characters at far normal range), far s.B x 2, backdash, c.D xx qcb+C, qcb+B (the legs of this move only have red boxes, not hittable which allows you to make some cool patterns), s.A/c.B whiff chain battle, backdash qcb+B, qcfx2+C (same frame activation causes the slowmo startup, same frame grabs whiff against eachother), leapfrog qcfx2+A (just to get to the corner really), BC activation (reversaled from the last move keeps 2p Vice facing the wrong direction). In the last part, 2p Vice does vertical j.CD to avoid 1p Vice s.D which gets whiff cancelled into hcbx2+BD, freezing 2p Vice in the recovery of j.CD. She then lands and whiffs a far s.C through the shruken hitbox of the SDM, BC whiff cancel into hcf+B which does no damage until the opponent lands. Finally she buffers a backdash into her HSDM motion to create a Kattobi cancel effect with the superfreeze occuring on the same frame as the KO (unfortunately doing it this way doesn't get the awesome laugh sound effect to play as 1p Vice's death scream takes over).